Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person (11466 Views)

How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? / Wicked Anambra Woman Arrested For Child Abuse And The Little Boy Taken From Her. / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Tokziby: 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
It's a capital NEVER not even NO.
There is a Yoruba adage that says "the conflict between A man and woman only God can oversee it".
Married Elders don't even want to get involved except to advice both parties to have patience, learn to forgive, forget and move on for the sake of family bond. Or else they'll keep adding more fuel to the fire.
There are always 3 sides to their stories the husbands, the wife and the truth. When u listen to only the husbands side, u would get mad at the wife likewise when u listen to the wife, u would feel like smashing ur friends head. But if u are privy to the truth(which I doubt) u would just keep ur mouth shut.
The conflict between a girlfriend or boyfriend relationship of 10yrs can never match a married couple of 6 months.
One very important advice, don't ever side with anyone of them cos na ur matter go dey their mouth when dem dey resolve am for bed... grin

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by layzie: 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:
I am single... I have a friend who is married. We always hangout at least every weekend... But last weekend, he didn't come around I called but he didn't give me a tangible reason...
So yesterday, he came around my place, I noticed his mood isn't as cheerful as it used to be... I asked, what was wrong?. He said "You Neva marry you no go understand".
He wanted to say more, but I said no need, he shouldn't say anything.. till he left I kept quiet.. I didn't say anything...
So I want to ask o, if na only married person fit give advice to who don marry...

No. However for quality advice, go to an experienced person.

One should not depend on a cobbler for advice about beads.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Pray(m): 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
Whoever God leads to you, take advice from them. Even if na werey.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Wodu89: 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You should know when to shut the fvck up

Your misconstrued knowledge of the bible is not to be relied on or the gospel truth, in other words, you type nonsense all the time, keep your nonsense to yourself.

You've had it with him grin

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by UDUJ(m): 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Marriage counseling from Paul wey una stilll misconstrue? LOL... Paul has nothing to do with what you lot refer to as Christian marriage today... an idea that is not only antichrist but does not fit in well as far as healthy relationships go. lipsrsealed

Here comes the resident nairaland antichrist, smh undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Spidermon: 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
Personally, I no dey give advice to people I know anymore.

Anytime I do and I quickly realize it, I dey change topic.

I no even wan dey involve in person problem, the same way dem dey side step my own problems too.

Every mallam with his kettle.

2 Likes

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Omooba77: 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:
I am single... I have a friend who is married. We always hangout at least every weekend... But last weekend, he didn't come around I called but he didn't give me a tangible reason...
So yesterday, he came around my place, I noticed his mood isn't as cheerful as it used to be... I asked, what was wrong?. He said "You Neva marry you no go understand".
He wanted to say more, but I said no need, he shouldn't say anything.. till he left I kept quiet.. I didn't say anything...
So I want to ask o, if na only married person fit give advice to who don marry...

Yes, we can learn from anyone......

2 Likes

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Goalnaldo(m): 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
spencekat:
Bros, I don't know the angle you are twisting it to, but I won't join you o.
you better don't follow this woman to argue or you might ruin the rest of your day. Looks like you don't know her. Nairaland chief argumentator

2 Likes

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by iammo(m): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
cool

Anyone can advise you, but telling you not to marry because of his own life experience is wrong
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by scoobyblogspot(m): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

I truth is anyone can advise anybody but the final decision is yours

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Angelfrost(m): 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
Yeah... I have gotten sound counsel even from little kids which helped me in my marriage.

There is no restriction to the flow and availability of wisdom... Even Peter Obi got great ideas from a mentally unwell individual. cool
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by jaxxy(m): 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

b4 u take advice from a single unmarried person make sure they know about how women and men think snd they also believe in marriage.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by barinedan(m): 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
Of course yes, being single does not mean he or she can't give you reasonable advice. He or she in the course of traveling might have come across couples with issues similar to yours and might as well have gathered experience on how to handle such issues

2 Likes

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by AllBlack: 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:
I asked, what was wrong?. He said "You Neva marry you no go understand"....

Sorry, your friend's IQ is still single digit.

If what he said holds any water, then is it safe to say that the more women you are married to, the more WORTHY you are to speak on marriage? We both know this is totally crap.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by spencekat(m): 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
Goalnaldo:
you better don't follow this woman to argue or you might ruin the rest of your day. Looks like you don't know her. Nairaland chief argumentator
I sensed troublesome arguments from her/him.Thank you

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by safarilove(m): 4:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Yes, why not?
Even a mad man can be sent to advice you..
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Dbarrzx: 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
U dey make reference to Rev Fada shocked
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by yusufu16: 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

Absolutely yes.

Football coaches can train you on how to be a good player but would never be a player themselves.

Apostle Paul was never married, yet he gave some of the most important advice on how to have a happy home.

2 Likes

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Faposky95: 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

Some no go gree o... To them u can't advice them unless you are married and they see... Infact those who are divorced sef are worse... Coz they believe because you are divorced, meaning say you can't hold your marriage so no need to collect advice from you...

Superficially...yes
But really, No...
The reason why you choose an Experienced surgeon, pilot, mentor....etc
Some moves are irreversible and irredeemable
Wetin Eypa siddon dey see for stool, na hin bomboi dey try see on top of Iroko tree.....
He still never see am

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Winning123: 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
Silly and unintelligent question
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Kenmatt(m): 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
Phantom233:
Apostle paul the greatest prophet with significant counseling on marital affairs wasn't married. Wisdom to counsel is a divine gift not marriage-base

One ice cold Budweiser for you

2 Likes

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
Macgyver1:
No, I won't take marital advice from someone who has never been married! On what basis is the person now dishing out advice? Books read or other people's experience?
I listened to a 5-year-old some months ago speaking of what he taught his father and mother should do in their marriage. This boy had sound wisdom that most married couples do not. If you think that the "Married" title places you on a different level from other people as far are wisdom and knowledge, you have failed. undecided
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Angelfrost(m): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

Some no go gree o... To them u can't advice them unless you are married and they see... Infact those who are divorced sef are worse... Coz they believe because you are divorced, meaning say you can't hold your marriage so no need to collect advice from you...

Well... You might want to remind them that not every married person is happy and fulfilled.

There are people who have been married for a long time yet still think and act like singles.

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Pastev1(m): 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
Beloved, Experience they say is the BEST TEACHER. Marital counseling is not knowledge-based, rather it's experience/practical is over 75% required.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Procashtips(m): 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
Phantom233:
Apostle paul the greatest prophet with significant counseling on marital affairs wasn't married. Wisdom to counsel is a divine gift not marriage-base

Paul was never an authority on the issue of marriage.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by ednut1(m): 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
Yes. You cannot relate with his predicament
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Unperturbedpota: 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
Why not ask an agenda which crypto to buy.

The threads ones sees on thosoeum sometimes
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Procashtips(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
spencekat:
As simple as that. Rev Fathers are not married but they conduct wedding ceremonies and also give marital counseling.

Most go through marriage counseling school/class, it's not just about being a pastor or father.

A single man or woman can give marriage counseling if he or she is trained.

Single friends can do too but not to the degree of those above or married people
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Osashalom: 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You should know when to shut the fvck up

Your misconstrued knowledge of the bible is not to be relied on or the gospel truth, in other words, you type nonsense all the time, keep your nonsense to yourself.
You know I was really thinking of what to tell him. Thanks for helping out...

2 Likes

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Olichoke: 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
Singles actually know how to look for troubles. Of all advices available in the world, why will you choose to advice from the point of no experience? If you knew marriage, you will be married by now. Infact, no evidence, you go explain tire ooo
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by pocohantas(f): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

But to me I feel marital problems are actually psychological and behavioural problems that can be given pointers by someone who understands human behaviour...

Right and wrong.
Right because you could be an eye-opener.
Wrong because you might be convinced you would handle it differently or you can't take such nonsense, until you find yourself there.

Yesterday my sister was telling me of a colleague that was telling another man whose wife resigned a stressful job that he can't take any rubbish from woman let alone the one not earning. They were together at work when his wife called him to buy Knorr cubes and he should stop somewhere to buy Xpression hair extension for their daughter. The wife is jobless. He immediately started making excuses for his wife. That she is building her career at home.

Even infidelity wey we dey talk "leave him". E no easy for reality when kids are involved. So don't blame him. Make e carry im problem dey go, they will be fine.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Foodqueen(f): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
No.

I have a friend that got married earlier than I did. One time she was having a serious misunderstanding with her hubby, I gave an advise that makes the hubby still respect me till date.

She too is always happy that I was there, else she wouldn't have been enjoying what she is enjoying now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Shot Dead His VH1 Star Wife for cheating And Then Killed Himself / I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) / Couples Crying During Wedding... Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.