Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person (11512 Views)

How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? / Wicked Anambra Woman Arrested For Child Abuse And The Little Boy Taken From Her. / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Kaycee54321(m): 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2023
pocohantas:

Yesterday my sister was telling me of a colleague that was telling another man whose wife resigned a stressful job that he can't take any rubbish from woman let alone the one not earning. They were together at work when his wife called him to buy Knorr cubes and he should stop somewhere to buy Xpression hair extension for their daughter. The wife is jobless. He immediately started making excuses for his wife. That she is building her career at home.

Hahahaha. Knorr specifically.

Lmao πŸ˜‚
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by pocohantas(f): 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kaycee54321:

Hahahaha. Knorr specifically.

Lmao πŸ˜‚

Yea, Knorr.
I love her taste in seasoning cubes sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by israelmao(m): 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
Before I got married I used to settle differences between couples no one ignores genuine solution where there's one.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by banky222: 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2023
I remember someone who took advice from a mad man. Y not a single person?
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by ghettochild(m): 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ironically the best relationship experts are single or divorced
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Procashtips(m): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
Phantom233:
who was then? Obviously you're not a bible student

No need for stories

Reference his quotes on marriage counseling
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
banky222:
I remember someone who took advice from a mad man. Y not a single person?
Do not underate "mad" people oo! They see things most people do not. I remember one such guy when I was small. The man go just lay down wisdom and walk away. Everybody go just dey look say wetin happen. At one point I started to reason that the man was indeed the most sensible person on our street. It scared the crap out of me. grin
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by addexx: 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:
I am single... I have a friend who is married. We always hangout at least every weekend... But last weekend, he didn't come around I called but he didn't give me a tangible reason...
So yesterday, he came around my place, I noticed his mood isn't as cheerful as it used to be... I asked, what was wrong?. He said "You Neva marry you no go understand".
He wanted to say more, but I said no need, he shouldn't say anything.. till he left I kept quiet.. I didn't say anything...
So I want to ask o, if na only married person fit give advice to who don marry...

There are 2 types of experiences

Personal experience

Proxy experience ie learning from others mistake or experience

So you may not have personal experience but may have seen, studied and learnt from other affected marriages which he hasn't. So single people are qualified too.

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by MyExpression(m): 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Marriage counseling from Paul wey una stilll misconstrue? LOL... Paul has nothing to do with what you lot refer to as Christian marriage today... an idea that is not only antichrist but does not fit in well as far as healthy relationships go. lipsrsealed

The whole Bible is filled with "antichrist" semantics.

So should we discard it entirely?
...coz bible actually puts the woman beneath the man.

It could either be true in its entirety, or it can be assumed to be filled with unhealthy/antichrist ideas
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by harqinhola(m): 6:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
Never
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
MyExpression:
β–  The whole Bible is filled with "antichrist" semantics. So should we discard it entirely?
...coz bible actually puts the woman beneath the man. It could either be true in its entirety, or it can be assumed to be filled with unhealthy/antichrist ideas
I am afraid there is absolutely no truth to the statement in bold, so I would say you are on your own with your thoughts there. Christianity, as a religion, is the very antiChrist system of doctrines and traditions of men that Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of. Christianity is not Scripture and Scripture is not Christianity. undecided
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by phemmyfour: 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:
I am single... I have a friend who is married. We always hangout at least every weekend... But last weekend, he didn't come around I called but he didn't give me a tangible reason...
So yesterday, he came around my place, I noticed his mood isn't as cheerful as it used to be... I asked, what was wrong?. He said "You Neva marry you no go understand".
He wanted to say more, but I said no need, he shouldn't say anything.. till he left I kept quiet.. I didn't say anything...
So I want to ask o, if na only married person fit give advice to who don marry...
yes
Paul and Jesus no marry

Experience can come from my environment. I don't need to have a car to tell you that overspeeding kills

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by MyExpression(m): 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid there is absolutely no truth to the statement in bold, so I would say you are on your own with your thoughts there. Christianity, as a religion, is the very antiChrist system of doctrines and traditions of men that Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of. Christianity is not Scripture and Scripture is not Christianity. undecided

You made sense but I didn't get the last line.

If we steer clear of religious Christian tradition, how then do we get to now the Christ?
We learnt about him from these same religious institutions you condemn.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
MyExpression:
β–  You made sense but I didn't get the last line. If we steer clear of religious Christian tradition, how then do we get to now the Christ? We learnt about him from these same religious institutions you condemn.
Jesus Christ never called any man to embrace the religion of men β€” doctrines and traditions of men. He made it abundantly clear to His followers that such ideas were born of lies designed to deceive and delude the gullible (blind followers). To be a follower of Jesus Christ is instead to trust in and obey Jesus Christ's very own teachings and commandments β€” God's Law and contract(constitutional Law) in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Rechargeam247(f): 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
It depends on what the situation is. Some experience are gotten from personal experience, some from other people's similar situation you have seen etc.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by caye(m): 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
Just make sure you don't watch that yeye white girl called justdustythings ( pearl).

A 26 ye old unmarried white girl giving ebony ppl marital advice.

Oshi!
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Bfly: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
It is cool to get advice from older people; above 30, without marriage. It is the best.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by janeedema(f): 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2023
Let's rephrase your question:

Can a male gynecologist offer medical services to a pregnant woman seeing that he has never been pregnant and can't be pregnant?
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by TimT: 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2023
Mrsoft3:

when you watch football you easily blame and see mistakes, but if you are in that field same or even worse will be done by you.

you can give your quota no doubt but truly experience is a school of its own.

marriage or marital issues requires serious wisdom. many perspectives to this thing I tell you.

lastly Goan marry oga
🀣🀣.. no be fight na... Bachelor life sweet
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by nkemjacob2(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
Yes u can. If u can give good advice.
But in your case ur friend is not needing your advice so keep it to yourself
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by BRATISLAVA: 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

But to me I feel marital problems are actually psychological and behavioural problems that can be given pointers by someone who understands human behaviour...

Marital problems are deeper than you think they are. You can give logical pointers or advice, but the two people involved are entwined spiritually and physically. You're only going to get in their way. That coupled with married arrogance, well, I wouldn't want a single person giving me advice.

It's why whenever threads pop up with men complaining it saying something about their wives, we all know it's wasted efforts and that they want their wives to be publicly insulted to feel good, meanwhile they're not going anywhere.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Pepperoyinbo: 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
jeromestarks:
Tinubu remains President.
Obigots should go and sit down.
Atiku should go and sit down

You nailed it Bro! Anytime I feel like getting free Fuel, I only show my APC Membership Card at any Filling Station. I like being quiet even if I see provoking responses. I come in peace
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Quebec91(m): 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2023
Exactly
Phantom233:
Apostle paul the greatest prophet with significant counseling on marital affairs wasn't married. Wisdom to counsel is a divine gift not marriage-base
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by luluman: 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Why not?
The single person could be a God sent.
Don't be deceived, God will not send him
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by luluman: 9:36pm On Sep 05, 2023
Phantom233:
Apostle paul the greatest prophet with significant counseling on marital affairs wasn't married. Wisdom to counsel is a divine gift not marriage-base
Deceive yourself, If you don't wear some shoe you can know how it hurts.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by linearity: 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

Should prosperity advice be taken from the poor?

Can one ask of direction from the blind? A single person can only at best give you theoretical solutions.

The basic principles that makes the universe work is anchored on the fact that, you can’t give what you don’t have.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by mordz: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2023
The worst type is broke folks who give financial advice.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by emmyN(m): 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
Phantom233:

Paul didn't counsel on marital affairs. He had a few opinion and that was it.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by africandollar: 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2023
Those who can do while those who can't teach. cool
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
mordz:
The worst type is broke folks who give financial advice.
You don't know anything then. The best financial advisers are actually themselves not even 1/10th as rich as those whose money they manage. Go back go see for yourself. undecided
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Aklee4994(m): 1:25am On Sep 06, 2023
Goalnaldo:
lol
i Dey tell you...Life is all about how profound and intense is your experience of life forget about anything being force on you to know and think about the very existence of immensity of being human and nature...you will not see human you will speak about the very nature of being human 😎
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by stevups(m): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2023
Phantom233:

Only a pilot can explain the weather turbulence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? / Your Mum Or Your Wife: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car? / One Special Thing God Did For You This Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.