Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,846 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person (11448 Views)

How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? / Wicked Anambra Woman Arrested For Child Abuse And The Little Boy Taken From Her. / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by MacBuoro(m): 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2023
Dey play.
Forgotten one can't give what he/she doesn't have.
TemplarLandry:
Why not?
The single person could be a God sent.

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Successmind(m): 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2023
Laye
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by adams123: 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
Yes na, we believe in theory in Nigeria
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by VIKTO83(m): 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
Some persons are gifted with d spirit of counselling. Irrespective of their age or gender....when they speak u know it's filled with wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by gbolswag(m): 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
In my opinion....its not ryt...he might think otherwise
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Burgerlomo: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
Shey wetin you talk make sense to you because how can a married person take advice from a single person, does that make sense?
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Adakintroy: 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2023
If you like take medical advice from tailor. No you sabi.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
Burgerlomo:
Shey wetin you talk make sense to you because how can a married person take advice from a single person, does that make sense?
A lot of married people would have had their lives saved had they listened to advice from unmarried friends and family telling them to quit before it was too late. Look at Osinachi. If she had listened to those who told her to flee for her life, she would not be food for worms today. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Aklee4994(m): 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
Goalnaldo:
you better don't follow this woman to argue or you might ruin the rest of your day. Looks like you don't know her. Nairaland chief argumentator
Once you note some moniker here on nairaland you will never quote or mention them e.g Kobojunkie AKA Argumentator

My experience with him/her I regret why I login nairaland that very day.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by SaLongs1(m): 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
dawnomike:
You can give your advice but truly, there are somethings you can't really get spot on except you're married.
That is a fat lie.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Bennysam: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Why not?
The single person could be a God sent.
You don't have sense, you can never give what you don't have

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by socialmediaman: 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:
I am single... I have a friend who is married. We always hangout at least every weekend... But last weekend, he didn't come around I called but he didn't give me a tangible reason...
So yesterday, he came around my place, I noticed his mood isn't as cheerful as it used to be... I asked, what was wrong?. He said "You Neva marry you no go understand".
He wanted to say more, but I said no need, he shouldn't say anything.. till he left I kept quiet.. I didn't say anything...
So I want to ask o, if na only married person fit give advice to who don marry...

If you’re not married how can you advise a married person if you haven’t experienced their situation? That would only be an entitled opinion

The only person you should give advice is someone whom you have been in a similar situation to theirs. The advice you give them is to tell them what you did, not what the best thing should be, because you don’t know the best thing to do, you only know what you did based on your circumstances

2 Likes

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Reference(m): 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
Well, will a pilot take advice from a frequent flier.... it depends on the details.

If it is how to make the flying experience better, why not.

But if it how to skip through foul weather, avoid mid air collisions or calculate takeoff weights, I think not.

It depends on what the issue befuddling the man are..... details.

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Reference(m): 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
socialmediaman:

If you’re not married how can you advise a married person if you haven’t experienced their situation? That would only be an entitled opinion

The only person you should give advice is someone whom you have been in a similar situation to theirs. The advice you give them is to tell them what you did, not what the best thing should be, because you don’t know the best thing to do, you only know what you did based on your circumstances

Exactly, the summary is, details. There are marriage counselors who are single, married, divorced, etc. They all have unique experiences and competencies and will not be universally successful.

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Stevenbright(m): 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:
I am single... I have a friend who is married. We always hangout at least every weekend... But last weekend, he didn't come around I called but he didn't give me a tangible reason...
So yesterday, he came around my place, I noticed his mood isn't as cheerful as it used to be... I asked, what was wrong?. He said "You Neva marry you no go understand".
He wanted to say more, but I said no need, he shouldn't say anything.. till he left I kept quiet.. I didn't say anything...
So I want to ask o, if na only married person fit give advice to who don marry...

Don't mind them. But they can take financial aid from those who are yet to marry.

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by sonofthunder: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

That's the stereotype that's making many people suffer. I don't always stress myself for folks like this but whenever you have good advice for him please share.

It's actually just like chess, those outside are seeing all the moves you aren't taking but once they seat down for their turn or to replace you they fumble.

2 Likes

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by matm: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
A good advice can come even from a kid.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by sonofthunder: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
Stevenbright:

Don't mind them. But they can take financial aid from those who are yet to marry.

grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by sonofthunder: 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
Adakintroy:
If you like take medical advice from tailor. No you sabi.

Not the same analogy but yes, a tailor can give you better advice than a doctor but only a minority of the time.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by matm: 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:
But this advice matter sef tire me especially for this Nigeria..... Person wey the wife dey keep malice with am go dey advice another person for their marriage...
So now where's the best source to seek for advice..

No where.A lot of marriages have broken down due to advice from fellow married ones.
Use ur brain and word of God, as well as counselling of ur relations.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by onlyboyson(m): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2023
Wetin he wan advice ,like catholic priests teaching MARRIAGE COURSE person wey no marry wetin he wan teach
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by pennyland(m): 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2023
Wisdom matters
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Shancca: 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

Just forget it, you cannot.

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Goalnaldo(m): 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
Aklee4994:
Once you note some moniker here on nairaland you will never quote or mention them e.g Kobojunkie AKA Argumentator

My experience with him/her I regret why I login nairaland that very day.
lol
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Advancedman(m): 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

Take it this way should a married baby take advice from an unmarried mature man and excellent mind?

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Integrafamoo: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Even married people may find it difficult to give accurate advice because we marry different characters. Your counselor or pastor may suffering and smiling in his or her marriage. Singles need to exercise common sense, vigilance , hardwork, with Divine guidance while making the choice. It has an element of luck.

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by frankson1(m): 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
TimT:

I have become a very reliable adviser to married couples.

Forget about being single, it's about being responsible, having a good understanding about relationship and knowing how you'd have handled the matter if you were in his shoes.

There are lots of things most married couples don't know before they got into marriage that I already know being single.

1 Like

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by Adakintroy: 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
sonofthunder:

Not the same analogy but yes, a tailor can give you better advice than a doctor but only a minority of the time.

You are talking circles.
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by descarado: 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
Pastev1:
Beloved, Experience they say is the BEST TEACHER. Marital counseling is not knowledge-based, rather it's experience/practical is over 75% required.
kiss
Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by NovusHomo(m): 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
Phantom233:
Apostle paul the greatest prophet with significant counseling on marital affairs wasn't married. Wisdom to counsel is a divine gift not marriage-base

Re: Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person by sonofthunder: 6:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
Adakintroy:

You are talking circles.

No I'm not... You are talking in circles by stating unfounded assumptions as gospel.

I know several people who have saved the lives of their family/children/loved ones by listening to the counsel of a "tailor" against that of a "textbook" doctor who was going to kill them.

Doesn't mean that next time they are sick, they'll go and consult a "tailor".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What If Marriage Were Temporary / I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) / Man Shot Dead His VH1 Star Wife for cheating And Then Killed Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.