Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) (11463 Views)

Poll: Are you in support of male circumcision? Would you circumcise?

Yes: 91% (142 votes)
No: 8% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos] / Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? / Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Seun(m): 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2007
I've just finished reading an article about how a Jewish dad and his non-Jewish wife were forced to circumcise their male child for the sake of tradition, against medical advice. And now, my mind is made up. If I ever have a baby boy, i won't circumcise him. It may be mostly harmless apart from the pain it causes, but I won't do it. Period.

Here's a link to the article: http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2007/01/09/pollack_circumcision/index.html angry
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by kaypinchi(m): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2007
Haba! Seun. Why now cheesy cheesy cheesy

Remember, do as you are done by o!
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Iman3(m): 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2007
@Seun

Studies show that male circumcision can significantly cut the risk of HIV infection

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6176209.stm
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Seun(m): 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2007
Studies show that male circumcision can significantly cut the risk of HIV infection

My baby boy (if any) will simply abstain from unsafe sex when he grows up. That's a much smarter way to avid HIV.

Cutting off your privates will drastically reduce the risk of HIV infection, won't it? So why don't we do that?!
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Aladunni(f): 2:58pm On Oct 03, 2007
its neater
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Iman3(m): 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2007
Seun:

My baby boy (if any) will simply abstain from unsafe sex when he grows up. That's a much smarter way to avid HIV.

Will you be there holding his willy at all times when he grows up?

Seun:

Cutting off your privates will drastically reduce the risk of HIV infection, won't it? So why don't we do that?!

You do know this is an illogical analogy? Unless the foreskin serves some biological function,I see no reason why we can't contemplate reducing our children's risk of HIV infection by 50%.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by play(f): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2007
trust me, 'it' looks better when circumsied. i dont see the risk.i would circumsie my boy.ou should too.bsides am sure if we look your thing, dem do am for u.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Joey82(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2007
@Seun,
cant beleive u re sounding this babaric.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by niceuzor: 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2007
And i second that, Haba Seun of all people undecided imagine that ?
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by zimba315(m): 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2007
i think it is natural to circumsized male child for some medical and Godly reasons,but if you say u are not doing it because of HIV, what of if he cut it through shap object and he feel the pain of manhood till he died because i believe you will never want to circumcized that kind of child again.please let do what is worth doing so that we wont blame ourselves at last please.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Aladunni(f): 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2007
peeps

take this thread to religion because that is where it will end
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Sonye(f): 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2007
@ Seun
My only prayer for you right now is for you not to have a boy (If you are really serious about what you are saying) cos if the boy grows up, he's gonna hate you for depriving him of having an attractive thingy.
Moreso, i advise you to read more about men that were not circumcised and how they are suffering b'cos of that right now so u understand the both sides. In order for you not to take the wrong step
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Seun(m): 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2007
Moreso, i advise you to read more about men that were not circumcised and how they are suffering b'because of that
A man can get circumcised at any time - they just need to cut the foreskin - so I don't see what they are 'suffering'.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Sonye(f): 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2007
we all know its better done at a tender age. Baby blood is more effective than adult blood.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by doncnn(m): 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2007
my guy its more painful at old age, check dat out,
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by tglaz(m): 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2007
Its lotta fun when some posts are sent here to get the minds of people.nice work seun. wink
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by seun001(m): 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2007
circumcision not only reduces the risk of HIV infections but other STD's.
your son will not forgive u for humilating him and making him different from other people.and if he has a mind of his own like u do,might as well go ahead and sue you for bad parenting.
it is not only painful to be circumcised later in life but also very dangerous and at a greater risk of deadly infections.
u cannot protect your son from unsafe sex,guess u know that.he decides on his own.

and how many people have survived severing of the manhood.even through surgery.

i suppose to poll shoulda given u an idea of making a decision.

so my dear it does more harm than good to forego circumcision.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Seun(m): 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2007
seun0001, how could circumcising a helpless baby be more safe than circumcising a fully grown adult?
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by seun001(m): 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2007
Seun:

seun0001, how could circumcising a helpless baby be more safe than circumcising a fully grown adult?

helpless in the sense that no trouble or struggling,u definately can't try that with an adult.and remember u cannot drug an adult so that u wont destroy a sensitive nerve.and talking about sensitive nerves,how do u expect a nerve to heal when the person is already old hmm.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by oybv101: 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2007
a note of warning to all posters-

circumcision is a very serious, personal issue with seun.you may be banned if he finds your comments offensive.

i was- for playing devils advocate with female circumcision. undecided
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Etin(f): 5:14pm On Oct 03, 2007
Yes I would circumcise my boy and in fact did at 7 days old. We opted for the Rabbi to do it. I wasn't in the room but his dad was with him it was over in 5 minutes maximum and my boy wasn't crying he slept through the night and all went well. It never crossed my mind not to do it. If I get to have a million more sons would do it again and again. My experience tells me the child felt no pain.

You might as well say you wont have children because the child birth process for some women has been terrible. Everyman to his own paranoia!
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by oybv101: 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2007
on a lighter note, i know only one guy who is uncircumcised.
he is also the most endowed fellow i know.

using him as a test case, one can assume that uncircumcised guys have bigger Instruments

ride on!

who knows - his wife may thank you in future
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Iman3(m): 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2007
oyb v1.01:

on a lighter note, i know only one guy who is uncircumcised.
he is also the most endowed fellow i know.
using him as a test case, one can assume that uncircumcised guys have bigger Instruments
ride on!
who knows - his wife may thank you in future

I dey fear you o grin
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Iman3(m): 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2007
The way the voting dey go,im dey like State House of Assembly elections wey PDP dey clear almost all the seats
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2007
I voted yes.

I think female circumsision is babaric and inhumane. However, with males, it's a different issue.

I was circumcised at 5 days old, and it's done me no harm. I don't know any male in my age group who's uncircumcised. That's not to say there aren't any. . . . . .
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by presido1: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2007
@ Poster.

He is suppose to be your child so what ever you like carry on. Why letting us discuss what you have made up your mind to do.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by oybv101: 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2007
I-man:

I dey fear you o grin

rest assured, all comments on the aforementioned genitals are based on [b]VISUAL observations and popular consensus [/b]only.

more accurate info could be obtained from his present and past girlfriends
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by JustGood(m): 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2007
Seun is an idealistic young man. I hope you dont do things you will later regret
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by English1(f): 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2007
I think it's wrong, for many reasons, but I understand it is the usual practise in your culture.

You should all understand that it is very unusual world-wide - the vast majority of men in the world are NOT circumcised and I can assure you they are not all walking around injuring themselves horribly or suffering because they have a foreskin. Only about 15% of men in the world are circumcised. So, although it seems normal and essential to you because you have grown up with it, it isn't actually a necessary thing to do.

Personally I think that circumcised ones look a bit deformed - that is not how God made them!

And it does have various negative effects on your sex life, which you won't believe me if I tell you because who wants to admit their sex-life has suffered because of something they can't do anything about, but it really does. The foreskin DOES have a number of purposes.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by JustGood(m): 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2007
speak for yourself and your people. Not for the rest of the world
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by finemocha(f): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2007
iman

dont believe that crap on that bbc article. its not HIV its HPV, whether he is circumcised or not his chances of contracting HIV is still the same, but if he does undergo the procedure his chances of HPV are reduced. personally i have seen uncircumcised privates and they are aren't attractive. wont go near one, but im sure there are a lot of chicks out there who disagree with moi anyway so i guess it doesnt matter.

seun

circumcise him for hygeniec purposes
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2007
JustGood:

speak for yourself and your people. Not for the rest of the world

Not a clever thing to say.

I don't see anything wrong with male circumcision, but you can't condemn those who think otherwise!

It's a poll, surely, you can't expect everyone to agree with you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Mum Or Your Wife: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car? / Couples Crying During Wedding... Why? / How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.