Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! (44988 Views)

My In-laws Driving Me Nuts / Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Man Cries Out Over Wife's Sudden Weight Gain, Says Her Body Doesn't Arose Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by LordReed(m): 11:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:
My blood is burning now as I write.My wife has now completely changed for bad, a few days after our second child.

An erstwhile submissive woman that i thought i had tamed for life has now become a thorn in the flesh to me. I just parted with over 300k unplanned fund for her C.S. I thought she'd be more respectful to me now but no,she has changed completely!

She dares me to do my worst,she cries over small issues that i wonder if it's witchcraft.Or she thinks I can't quit cos she's got two boys for me? The mind boggles. Am just mad and gobsmacked at the same time as all my Red pill O.T have failed and am even considering divorce right now.

I'm at a bar drinking my sorry ass away, brainstorming the best option for me. What could be outta place?

I need candid advice,folks.

Sounds like post-partum depression. Your wife probably needs help with her mental health plus that CS "wound" could still be hurting adding to her frustrations. Have some empathy man.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by JOGICE(m): 11:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:
My blood is burning now as I write.My wife has now completely changed…a few days after our second child.

An erstwhile submissive woman that i thought i had tamed for life has now become a thorn in the flesh to me. I just parted with over 300k unplanned fund for her C.S. I thought she'd be more respectful to me now but no,she has changed completely!

She dares me to do my worst,she cries over small issues that i wonder if it's witchcraft.Or she thinks I can't quit cos she's got two boys for me? The mind boggles. Am just mad and gobsmacked at the same time as all my Red pill O.T have failed and am even considering divorce right now.

I'm at a bar drinking my sorry ass away, brainstorming the best option for me. What could be outta place?

My candid advice

…red pill doesn’t apply to a woman who just gave birth, you go OFF that mic first SIRE!. Child birth affects females psychologically (it is a moment of near death experience)

1. 1st You need to stop visiting that BAR or any BAR. PLS! PLS!! SIRE (time = money & you’re spending both there). You’re better than that KING.

2. Play with her & your kids as much as time allows you_try calming the new BOSS (baby) if he cries at night too.

3. Understand that those mood swings are normal after childbirth (That it didn’t happen with your first doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen, na normal stuff) & sincerely she needs you now more than ever, even though her words & actions may depict otherwise.

4. Buy her a gift (I’ve never seen a woman reject a necklace_make it tiny & not too expensive) & check up on the healing process of her CS stitches with genuine concern.

5. Watch out for signs of depression. It’s normal, but don’t let it last if you notice any in her.

with Women_LITTLE THINGS MATTERS ALOT

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Luckysbab: 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
Persephone1:
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."
Dear ancestor shouldn't you be wise enough to keep your unsolicited "schooling" to yourself till it is asked for?

SS2 pupil confirmed! cheesy

Anyway's you can't unread the little wake-up call. wink

You are in your rights to marry from wherever and I resect that. Just don't go around promoting an unfounded agenda. No hard feelings.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by folake4u(f): 11:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
Persephone1:
Likeee
How can a man cry so much for respect when his wife is going through a lot. Imagine.

Heaven knows what the lady had gone through for her to tell him to do his worse. Toxic and verbally abusive men are dangerous to mental health.

Do you gettt He's not even happy that mother and child is safe, hale and hearty. Pregnancy is A LOT. It's a life and death situation.

I'm telling you oh. She must have gone through a lot.

Seeeeeeee! Toxic men are dangerous to one's mental health. Them nor dey telli person oh.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by folake4u(f): 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
Persephone1:
Infact some women are really trying.

May God help

Seeeeee! That's why I clamour for A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

I pray earnestly to God that I don't marry an unkind partner.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by strangebutreal(f): 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
Bennysam:

Are you married? Some women don't need all those this you wrote, they need strong hand

Are you referring to women like me?

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Lampass(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:
My blood is burning now as I write.My wife has now completely changed for bad, a few days after our second child.

Welcome to the club buddy..... You never hear an adage that says " woman wey tey for husband house dey turn witch" naso bro, it's a stage in marriage you will both grow pass the stage, and she will change for the better, stop getting your self all worked up na their way.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Cunnilingus(m): 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
My brother don't die because of woman. You might not notice but this your condition is telling on your health. My suggestion if you're certain this isn't depression on her part, leave the house for her for a few days. Don't inforn of your whereabouts. Cut off all form of communication but drop upkeep oh. 3- 5 days. Then try take off your mind from. Provide when you ought to but ignore her. If that does not work after some weeks then Separate jare. Women can lead one to early grave. Probably why there are more widows than widowers
thesilentman:

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by joepepsy(m): 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
I think say na only me dey reason the matter.nice one.
BlissGod:

You’re just a stupid man, I don’t know you but you Sound like one cocky piece of crap. Your stupid ego will soon scatter your marriage, just 300k that you’re here looking for gratitude a woman that could have lost her life in childbirth or worse.

A woman who has sacrificed her body to give you two kids. You are the problem of your marriage. Imagine using the word taming your wife as if she’s a dog you dey tame. Your wife might be going thru post depression of childbirth. Instead of sorting things out you’re here typing rubbish to talk nonsense about her. So let’s hate her now.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Lifepia: 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:

Ogbeni, Your wife is going through post postpartum depression after childbirth and needs help. Seek medical assistance for her and stop complaining.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2023
Luckysbab:

SS2 pupil confirmed! cheesy

Anyway's you can't unread the little wake-up call. wink

You are in your rights to marry from wherever and I resect that. Just don't go around promoting an unfounded agenda. No hard feelings.
Go fvck yourself with a cactus plant will you! I don't give a hoot about your existence you are trying to force on me!

Take a hike!

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
folake4u:

Seeeeee! That's why I clamour for A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

I pray earnestly to God that I don't marry an unkind partner.
My daily prayer point! I just can't deal. Every time I think of marriage i find myself chanting "God abeg" "God abeg" cry

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by angelikoko: 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2023
you spoke my mind

BlissGod:

You’re just a stupid man, I don’t know you but you Sound like one cocky piece of crap. Your stupid ego will soon scatter your marriage, just 300k that you’re here looking for gratitude a woman that could have lost her life in childbirth or worse.

A woman who has sacrificed her body to give you two kids. You are the problem of your marriage. Imagine using the word taming your wife as if she’s a dog you dey tame. Your wife might be going thru post depression of childbirth. Instead of sorting things out you’re here typing rubbish to talk nonsense about her. So let’s hate her now.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2023
folake4u:

Do you gettt He's not even happy that mother and child is safe, hale and hearty. Pregnancy is A LOT. It's a life and death situation.

Seeeeeeee! Toxic men are dangerous to one's mental health. Them nor dey telli person oh.
God abeg God abeg. cry cry God abeg!

It's one thing going through pregnancy and childbirth, it's another going through it alone when the man responsible is still very much alive and with you but not involved. Ahhhhh

God nah beg i dey beg o.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by folake4u(f): 11:38pm On Sep 05, 2023
Persephone1:
My daily prayer point! I just can't deal. Every time I think of marriage i find myself chanting "God abeg" "God abeg" cry

For real oh. I can't deal at all. I'm very quick to LEAVE whatever gives me discomfort. I don't know how marriage own will be.

I chant "God Abeg" like 1k times a day. I hope I've not exhausted my "God abeg" bundle at this point. grin
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by folake4u(f): 11:39pm On Sep 05, 2023
Persephone1:
God abeg God abeg. cry cry God abeg!

It's one thing going through pregnancy and childbirth, it's another going through it alone when the man responsible is still very much alive and with you but not involved. Ahhhhh

God nah beg i dey beg o.

It's a LOT actually. God airpus all.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Dinieoj(f): 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2023
Oga, what's the problem gongon, you haven't said anything, you were expecting her to respect you more now because you made a sacrifice of paying 300k for CS? Are you for real, so make she dey jubilate because you paid for CS, carry the belle make them cut you open, I have done three CS, which the least coated over 500k, wetin dey do you, try talk to your wife calmly, everything could be the cost. Stop talking about the CS money abeg dat one dey vex me.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by K9blunt(f): 11:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:

ok i get you-i just mentioned the money aspect as latest in the sacrifices i make for her.I had believed it would make her respect me more.Reason with me.
how is the 300k a sacrifice for her, aren't you responsible for the child?

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Nwiboko26(f): 12:00am On Sep 06, 2023
Oga have you heard of postpartum depression, that is what is actually wrong with her.treat her with care and love it shall surely pass.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Luckysbab: 12:06am On Sep 06, 2023
Persephone1:
Go fvck yourself with a cactus plant will you! I don't give a hoot about your existence you are trying to force on me!

Take a hike!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Fatality! PERSEPHONE WINS
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Luckysbab: 12:09am On Sep 06, 2023
You folks castigating the OP for being sensitive to his wife's actions should please cut him some slack. We're humans.

A typical Nigerian parent or well cultured American parent (for the team foreign) wouldn't accept their child being lousy to them 'after all they spent on him/her'. It's just natural to take offence.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Offpointng: 12:09am On Sep 06, 2023
adieora:
You think say you wise? I bet you are not. You like to sound like you are but na comcom.

Ight you've been noticed. if you may....

Get lost
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Luckysbab: 12:16am On Sep 06, 2023
folake4u:

Getting a degree is emotionally draining, yet most parents will go to war with a recently graduated child if he's perceived to be showing some attitude. Are you saying these parents are 'toxic' and 'dangerous' because of this?

I don't understand how you ladies on this forum rationalize like kids. The wife is in her rights to project her emotional burden upon him, just as he is in his right to be appalled. It's only sensible to appeal to him for calm and understanding, like most reasonable folks have done, not this foolish gender wars you little girls bring to the table all the time. Disgusting!
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Luckysbab: 12:18am On Sep 06, 2023
K9blunt:
how is the 300k a sacrifice for her, aren't you responsible for the child?

And the wife is not responsible for her husband, who is fulfilling his duties too?
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Luckysbab: 12:20am On Sep 06, 2023
Cunnilingus:
My brother don't die because of woman. You might not notice but this your condition is telling on your health. My suggestion if you're certain this isn't depression on her part, leave the house for her for a few days. Don't inforn of your whereabouts. Cut off all form of communication but drop upkeep oh. 3- 5 days. Then try take off your mind from. Provide when you ought to but ignore her. If that does not work after some weeks then Separate jare. Women can lead one to early grave. Probably why there are more widows than widowers

That's too harsh, considering her current condition. He just needs to take up the courage to overlook her childishness.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Ed12(m): 1:24am On Sep 06, 2023
Red pill guy calm down...

Its apparent you still use some relationship/dating mantra in your marriage. You need to understand that marriage and relationship are not the same.

They are both different and important stages. What you do as a man in relationship and marriage must be different if you don't want cause chaos.

For instance.
In relationship, you don't truly need money to find love and date women. But you need real money in your marriage to run your home.

Your power as a man in relationship is keeping your options open and your ability to leave anytime with little or no remorse. But once you are married, selflessness and delibrate committment are your power, since you know provision for your family is paramount and natural.

So you see both stage are different but your problem is that you are running you home with the mindset of dating..

Pls listen to me,

The recipe of a good and lasting marriage are kindness, selflessness and delibrate committment from both of you.

Thank God it appears you understand some nature of women, but it clear you don't understand how well to tackle then. That's what you need to learn...

Be kind to your woman, be selfless in the dealings in your home and be delibrate about keeping your home in order. Everyone is bound to derail along the line, but these recipes will keep both of you back on track..

Calm down manh

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by thesilentman(m): 1:48am On Sep 06, 2023
royalfly:

Please if u find a solution let me know, this person has been going through this 4 years and no solution. It's even worse now nd the guy is dieing slowly. Did u date her long b4 marraige?
4 years?That shit aint joke man!
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by ddeola: 2:00am On Sep 06, 2023
Brother, am sure you are not aware of postpartum depression. Most women go through this after childbirth without knowing it.

My simple advice for you is to hold your woman tight o! Be patient and very understanding, pet her, pamper her, do chores for her, get her all the support she needs now. She will bounce back quickly and before you know it, your woman will return back to that lovely lady wey dey totori you... It's not a new thing, na you just need to be her pillar of support and comfort. Woman wey born for you don become your lifesaver especially your wife. Abeg improve the gauge of your love for her, she's still that adoring woman only that she cannot understand what she's going through now. i suggest you google postpartum depression, you will know what she's going through now.

Abeg brother, keep your home o, vultures dey everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by thesilentman(m): 2:06am On Sep 06, 2023
Boldideas:

Am sorry to say this, she is mad at you because she gave birth with a CS. She is feeling her body is disfigured because of you. She is beginning to hate you because of that, and she will not stop. Am sorry to say this, take that boy she just had for a DNA test. Then monitor her calls for a while for your own good. Am talking from experience.
I urge you to shed more light on the DNA aspect,pls.I'd appreciate a lot.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Padipadi(m): 3:06am On Sep 06, 2023
thesilentman:

ok i get you-i just mentioned the money aspect as latest in the sacrifices i make for her.I had believed it would make her respect me more.Reason with me.
Was she supposed to pay CS money?
Have you considered it's her belly that was cut and she's the one that carried the pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by LikeAking: 3:25am On Sep 06, 2023
thesilentman:

Divorce her or marry another wife....

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Paulsalifu(m): 3:39am On Sep 06, 2023
Oga was never with her full time at the hospital that's why

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Saw This Snake Crawl Out Of My Generator's Corridor / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse / Bovi Ugboma & Wife, Kris Asimonye Celebrate 11th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.