Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! (45052 Views)

My In-laws Driving Me Nuts / Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Man Cries Out Over Wife's Sudden Weight Gain, Says Her Body Doesn't Arose Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by omoharry(f): 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
Myer:

It's a misogynistic movement for men against women.
Just as we have feminist movement for women against patriarchy and men generally.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2016/apr/14/the-red-pill-reddit-modern-misogyny-manosphere-men
Oo my God!! šŸ¤£ grin. Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by countryman13: 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:
My blood is burning now as I write.My wife has now completely changed for bad, a few days after our second child.

An erstwhile submissive woman that i thought i had tamed for life has now become a thorn in the flesh to me. I just parted with over 300k unplanned fund for her C.S. I thought she'd be more respectful to me now but no,she has changed completely!
Change is constant but advisibly drink not away your brain!

She dares me to do my worst,she cries over small issues that i wonder if it's witchcraft.Or she thinks I can't quit cos she's got two boys for me? The mind boggles. Am just mad and gobsmacked at the same time as all my Red pill O.T have failed and am even considering divorce right now.

I'm at a bar drinking my sorry ass away, brainstorming the best option for me. What could be outta place?

I need candid advice,folks.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by RandomFellow: 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
Just relax.
This is the best time to become her playmate. Help as much as you can, support her even when she hasn't asked for your assistance. Playfully tell her you love how she looks when she's mad, and jokingly tell her to get ready for another pregnancy. Try to smile often, make her laugh too. Buy her small small stuffs when you're going back home often (apples, bottled nuts, shortbread cookies, etc), get fresh veggies like carrots, green beans, cucumber, etc and make veg sauce for her to add to her food once in a while, etc.

Make your woman rest sometimes, and take over some of her job, she'll appreciate you

Get her machines to reduce her labour... Washing machine, electric or gas oven for baking and grilling, good blender, different manual vegetable cutters, vacuum cleaner (if your house is big), deep freezer, etc... Make life easy for her

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Smokedetector: 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
Omo. Do you even love your wife? Using tame for another being! The money you are so pained about , is it not for your wife and child.

You need to take a step back and appreciate love your family properly oh. Your wife is most likely still in pain and under severe stress, this is not the way bro. She doesn't deserve this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by TheGift: 10:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:
My blood is burning now as I write.My wife has now completely changed for bad, a few days after our second child.

An erstwhile submissive woman that i thought i had tamed for life has now become a thorn in the flesh to me. I just parted with over 300k unplanned fund for her C.S. I thought she'd be more respectful to me now but no,she has changed completely!

She dares me to do my worst,she cries over small issues that i wonder if it's witchcraft.Or she thinks I can't quit cos she's got two boys for me? The mind boggles. Am just mad and gobsmacked at the same time as all my Red pill O.T have failed and am even considering divorce right now.

I'm at a bar drinking my sorry ass away, brainstorming the best option for me. What could be outta place?

If you were a little more sensitive to the needs of Women or your wife, you may have educated yourself on something called Post Partum Depression. it has the capacity to bring drastic changes to a Woman's personality.

But you are more caught up in you false sense of Manhood, which is tied to your ability to tame a Woman into submission, as if She is a wild animal from the Bush, or a Pet dog. Rather than a fellow Human Being ,a partner, friend and companion.

Now, the child birth experience has broken the hold of your forced dominance , and She is showing you shege. And you the Man, who was able to tame Her, cannot tame Himself, or His emotions, cannot realize that right now what His Wife and the mother of His children need, are not is frustration fuelled angers, but His care, patience and understanding.

Drink, to forget your sorrows, for the night, you will still wake up to it tommorow. I dont think you should drink and brainstorm with your alcoholically enhanced furstration and anger though, so you wont go home and make things worse.

The first battle you need to Win , is the battle with yourself. Put your ego aside, and take responsibilty for building and keeping your family. Be a Man, your Children need you, your Wife needs you, and you, need you. All the best.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by TheGift: 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
If you were a little more sensitive to the needs of Women or your wife, you may have educated yourself on something called Post Partum Depression. it has the capacity to bring drastic changes to a Woman's personality.

But you are more caught up in you false sense of Manhood, which is tied to your ability to tame a Woman into submission, as if She is a wild animal from the Bush, or a Pet dog. Rather than a fellow Human Being ,a partner, friend and companion.

Now, the child birth experience has broken the hold of your forced dominance , and She is showing you shege. And you the Man, who was able to tame Her, cannot tame Himself, or His emotions, cannot realize that right now what His Wife and the mother of His children need, are not is frustration fuelled angers, but His care, patience and understanding.

Drink, to forget your sorrows, for the night, you will still wake up to it tommorow. I dont think you should drink and brainstorm with your alcoholically enhanced furstration and anger though, so you wont go home and make things worse.

The first battle you need to Win , is the battle with yourself. Put your ego aside, and take responsibilty for building and keeping your family. Be a Man, your Children need you, your Wife needs you, and you, need you. All the best.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Taiwo20(m): 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:

Post natal wahalaā€¦. Please just let her be for the now. Itā€™s the stress associated with child birth especially C.S

If you can, let her mother come to the houseā€¦to assist her daughter and also relate and guide her

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by profodbaba: 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
She's going through PTSD, calmly talk to her about the change or hire a therapist.

Learn programming/coding faster with our simplified classes. Contact 09026403456
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by BellaLuce: 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:

Unfortunately, your wife is not very lucky with her choice of husband. Sorry for your wife.

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by omoharry(f): 10:18pm On Sep 05, 2023
Houseontherock1:

Really? One would think you'll respect her more after being cut open to bring forth your baby! The money sacrifice is not for her alone- it's for both of you. Maybe you need to change your mindset towards childbearing and husband -wife relationship
I believe they never went for marriage counselling b4 marriage.. He is still thinking like a bachelor that did his girl a favour and expect gratitude from her

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by drololaaof: 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
cutecommend:
(1) This is the right time to show her more love.
(2) Hope what you want as submission is not that of a house help.
(3) She may be stressed, emotionally and psychologically drained.
(4) Redpill is not good all the time. If your redpill is toxic, then it is bad, but if your redpill is that of a romantic, mature, available, lively and in charge guy, then it is fine.
(5) Hope you have not been treating her badly, while providing all her needs. Money is not everything!!
(6) Calm her down and thrash things out. Ask her where you failed and why she is acting that way.
(7) Please try not to be selfish. Do nice things that will make her willing to submit, don't force submission.

GO AND GET YOUR MARRIAGE BACK. YOUR MARRIAGE IS THE BEST. MAKE IT WORK!
Thank you for this advice,
What you need to know is that on wedding day you are called groom, you must groom her to be wife and friend .
You should know that post operative psychological problems can occur ,she might need rehabilitation.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Coolgent(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:

Please be patient with her, It is hormonal changes she will surely return to her former self o.
I have experienced exactly the same thing after she had 2 CS's

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Quenncee: 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:

be man enough. Dike, go for second wife and later add the third wife. Come back here and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Luckysbab: 10:25pm On Sep 05, 2023
Persephone1:
And some people got mad when I wrote i can't marry a Nigerian man? grin cheesy grin cheesy Just look at this! Very insensitive! All he's concern is the money he spent, taming and respect!

Patiently waiting for the "get a second wife" crew grin cheesy

Youā€™re a kid.

You also failed to see same Nigerian men soothing him and offering wise words and the OP gradually calming down to rethink things.

Just cos a man has a moment, like every rational person will at some point or the other in their lives, you have to seize the opportunity to pursue this crap narrative. Are you in SS2?

Anyways, itā€™s your cup of tea; I just thought to school you a bit.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Taiwo20(m): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
no way I'm getting married,I have little patience for nonsense .

You will loose hair, plait hair, cook even bathe for your baby when the time comes.

You would also be a father to a girl and all your hard guy will dissolve

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by TheRealOwner(m): 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:

It's called Post Partum Depression. You sound like a typical Nigerian man who only cares about the money he is dropping and gives no damn about anything else. Your wife just gave birth and started behaving strangely and your first reaction is to talk about the money you paid for your baby to be born safely. Really??

Go and talk to an experienced doctor and get her the help she needs before things get worse for everyone in your family and do it fast!!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by CONCEPT360: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:

ok i get you-i just mentioned the money aspect as latest in the sacrifices i make for her.I had believed it would make her respect me more.Reason with me.
To have thought in your heart that the 300k you spent for the delivery of your child is a favour to your wife is totally wrong. To put it in the right perspective, that money is part of your responsibility as a man in a marriage. Your wife is never expected to pay that money herself even if she has the money. Pregnancy and child birth alters every woman body system and hormone. Your woman need support right now no matter how childish you think her behaviour is. From your write up I can infer that you are failing in your responsibility as the head of the family.

Finally before i drop my pen. I want to remind you a very important role God has designed for every man in marriage. He said 'husband love your wife'. This is statement that has no condition attached to it. To further break it down, it means loving your wife is now an obligation, not a choice.

That woman is the one making sacrifices. Make her happy and you will have a happy home. If there is no peace at home you will not have peace anywhere, not even in the bar where you are drinking your ass away.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Kemadealadire(f): 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2023
Persephone1:
And some people got mad when I wrote i can't marry a Nigerian man? grin cheesy grin cheesy Just look at this! Very insensitive! All he's concern is the money he spent, taming and respect!

Lol, I tell you, just look at the comments here and most of their comments on the online space, a lot of women married rubbish.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by TenQ: 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:

Here hormones have gone haywire : try to understand this and be a man o!

She doesn't even know why she's cranky!

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Silentgroper(m): 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2023
Persephone1:

reverse the case and the man is big trouble...
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Luckysbab: 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
Sorry to hear that. Brother. Just be calm and have a hearty conversation to know whatever the issue is. Also I hope it's not the pain of spending 300k that's graduating into annoyance.

Hello everyone, for anyone on TIKTOK, kindly visit "X SHOP" and checkout the CHEAPEST and UNBEATABLE prices of neatly used household items, gadgets and numerous properties. Thanks and God bless as you do so. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW ME.

Why not also advertise your products here too, rather than only ask people to go to TikTok
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Silentgroper(m): 10:38pm On Sep 05, 2023
ItisWell22:
Hormones!

Birth stress and trauma!!

Especially if it wasnā€™t a planned CS, she must have seen ā€œshegeā€ before been taken to the theatre.

She will come around, soon.

But like someone asked up there, hope you both had no issues before the delivery; as some women take advantage of post partum period to throw tantrums? šŸ¤§

On the other hand, thought I read a comment where you ā€œhave full controlā€. šŸ„±

are the hormones on beserk mode because she conceived through c.s or does it just normally do like that after conceiving ??
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by OyinO: 10:42pm On Sep 05, 2023
Second wife is the best solution
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by NewDea4: 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:

Just calm down and google "post natal depression"

It is well bro

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by CoolAmbience(m): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
cutecommend:
(1) This is the right time to show her more love.
(2) Hope what you want as submission is not that of a house help.
(3) She may be stressed, emotionally and psychologically drained.
(4) Redpill is not good all the time. If your redpill is toxic, then it is bad, but if your redpill is that of a romantic, mature, available, lively and in charge guy, then it is fine.
(5) Hope you have not been treating her badly, while providing all her needs. Money is not everything!!
(6) Calm her down and thrash things out. Ask her where you failed and why she is acting that way.
(7) Please try not to be selfish. Do nice things that will make her willing to submit, don't force submission.

GO AND GET YOUR MARRIAGE BACK. YOUR MARRIAGE IS THE BEST. MAKE IT WORK!

Mtchewww.

See as e sweet you to type...

Anyways, you are obviously not in the frontline.
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Silentgroper(m): 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2023
cutesharon:
Sorry o. You give am belle and paid for CS because it was necessary and you are calling it sacrifice.
Egbami. Was it her fault that she is pregant or when did paying for CS become a sacrifice for belle wey you load with your sperm. You de expect respect for that. Men sha.

Anyways it may be postpartum depression. Show her love and stop whinning...na your responsibility.
they both decided to have a baby .. it takes two to tango ...

which one be he give am belle .. shey na him force her to spread leg šŸ˜¤šŸ˜¤šŸ˜¤šŸ˜¤

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by perdollar(m): 10:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
How do I explain to my wife that the erotic msgs she sneaked in to read in my DM are just me being me and having fun and has nothing to do wt infidelity? Pls can sbdy help me on what to do?
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
Luckysbab:

Youā€™re a kid.

You also failed to see same Nigerian men soothing him and offering wise words and the OP gradually calming down to rethink things.

Just cos a man has a moment, like every rational person will at some point or the other in their lives, you have to seize the opportunity to pursue this crap narrative. Are you in SS2?

Anyways, itā€™s your cup of tea; I just thought to school you a bit.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."
Dear ancestor shouldn't you be wise enough to keep your unsolicited "schooling" to yourself till it is asked for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by 1Sharon(f): 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
You're insane!!

For her CS

Is it not your baby too??
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
folake4u:

Honestly I'm amused oh.

This isn't even the time to be shouting at his beloved wife. She just had his child for goodness sake! And then she might be having post partum depression.

But all he cares about is "taming" her. Eishhhh!
Likeee
How can a man cry so much for respect when his wife is going through a lot. Imagine.

Heaven knows what the lady had gone through for her to tell him to do his worse. Toxic and verbally abusive men are dangerous to mental health.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Dshocker(m): 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
thesilentman:

In all you narrated, you still didn't say anything
Re: My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kemadealadire:

Lol, I tell you, just look at the comments here and most of their comments on the online space, a lot of women married rubbish.
Infact some women are really trying.

May God help

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

117-Year-Old Grandma Whose Photos Went Viral Dies / My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me / My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.