Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression (25240 Views)

Japa: Can 4million Take Me To Australia / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by HRtechnique: 4:42am On Sep 17, 2023
pansophist:

I have not lived in the UK, so I can't tell you specifically about it. But I'll write generally on succeeding in your new host country, which can equally be applicable to the UK. So here you go.

1. Integration. This is number one. Generally in the UK, it would be easy since you don't need to learn a new language, but linguistic integration is just one slice of the pie.

You also need social integration, so you must understand what your host society considers a good citizen and also, a classy citizen. Then be that person.

Speak the language very well. And if you already speak English, polish it to speak succinctly. Eloquence is the mark of an educated person.

2. Then for social integration, find your taste in the local cuisine, and act like a local. Know politics like who is the city mayor, and have an opinion about something, although avoid controversy. If you're still young, join the gym. It's a perfect place to meet cool guys. Lift weight together, and join a sports club.

For example, I'm in an Adidas running club, and in my city, I'm one of the top runners. You need to see the kind of esteem I get when we meet, because my dedication shines.

3. Then professionally, rise to the top of your career, since this will single handedly make life easy for you. Dating becomes easier, buying a house and establishing oneself becomes easy also.

Doing all these will bring respect to you, you will respect yourself, and you'll feel like home. Racism won't bother you much because even the so called racist can see that you're living a fabulous life.

The inability or unwillingness of lots of African men to integrate is the reason why they suffer abroad. They are stuck with low skill jobs that are muscle-based, that an illiterate deaf and dumb can do.

The top always feels better than the bottom. When one is at the bottom, no matter where you are, life will be miserable. So because many of these brothers can't rise up the social hierarchy, they alleviate their disenfranchisement by, for example, importing a wife.

And that project carries another problem that won't happen to them if they try to integrate. So after he imports a wife, she will come to see that he is a loser in that society, and the "abroad privilege" he had when she was still in Nigeria will be ineffective.

When she starts studying, upgrading herself while the brother carries her responsibility with those low skill jobs, then she becomes established and concludes that he is not good enough for her. Which if he is honest with himself, she is right.

You don't let yourself rot at the expense of lifting someone up. You build yourself as well. Also, you can not tell if she sees you as a ticket out of Naija, or loves you genuinely. Whichever the case, the best strategy is to avoid such risk.

Because even is she loves you genuinely, the new society will change her, and the love for you deactivates later on, and you'll have more to loose, compare to for example, a local you married.

I strongly believe that we have the power to prevent many of the evils that befalls us, if we understand the role we play in it. Because at the end of the day, no woman wants to feel like she is saddled with a loser.

So if you upgrade yourself and integrate properly, you'll go higher and mingle with the upper class of your host country. No point going backward by importing a wife and attempting to live a life you left in your new country.

Not saying some men ain't lucky, but many I have seen are not. I'm referring to men that refuse to upgrade and stuck with low skil jobs. Even if the marriage didn't break, he will be thoroughly emasculated.

In a nutshell, you must do three things. Linguistic integration, social integration, and professional integration. Then it shall be well with you.

About your second question, I don't know. There are only three English speaking countries in Europe. UK, Ireland, and Malta. I haven't lived in any and can't comment.

But if I'll pick from the above, then I'll choose Ireland. Because it's in the EU, and they have this agreement with the UK called the "Good Friday agreement".

It means that as an Irish (which you'll become later on), you can live in the UK unlimitedly like a Brit, and also, you're an EU citizen and live and work and establish anywhere in your EU.

I hope I helped.

You are amazing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by talalalahmadi: 7:36am On Sep 17, 2023
If you want to live in Bahrain there are a lot of flats and studios for rent and sale with weetas, such as; flat for sale in hidd https://www.weetas.com/bh-en/properties-for-sale/apartments-for-sale-in-hidd.html with the best prices in the market. There are all you need around you.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Mskrisx(f): 9:36am On Sep 17, 2023
pansophist:

Na wa o.

Nothing makes life more emptier when one wants a family but no partner to be found.

But some will never come home and pick a husband. They would rather be a single mom than do that. The idea of importing a man is a complete no, its a non-starter grin

Good Morning Pansophist. I’m sorry I had to quote you but I really have been reading through your comments in some threads in this section. Please I’d be really happy if you can kindly reply my DM. Thank you Baba mi
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by pansophist(m): 11:20am On Sep 17, 2023
Mskrisx:

Good Morning Pansophist. I’m sorry I had to quote you but I really have been reading through your comments in some threads in this section. Please I’d be really happy if you can kindly reply my DM. Thank you Baba mi

I responded since. Na you no de check your email.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Mskrisx(f): 11:37am On Sep 17, 2023
pansophist:

I responded since. Na you no de check your email.

Haaaa good morning I haven’t checked and checked my email and it hasn’t shown me any notification from NL.
Please I’d quote you in another thread.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by krcboy(m): 6:16am On Sep 19, 2023
make me sef drop pictures, Im in Michigan I came in to study . If you guys want i can drop some just respond to
this post
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Akwukalia: 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2023
krcboy:
make me sef drop pictures, Im in Michigan I came in to study . If you guys want i can drop some just respond to
this post
Abeg post pictures....
But opening your thread & how you got your undergraduate admission, process & so on would be better...
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Lotusflowerbomb: 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2023
krcboy:
this post
Abeg how did you get your first time school fees? Na that one I dey interested in cos omo I don crack my head tire.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Yaks02(m): 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kaido:

grin
I serious oh
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by krcboy(m): 12:59pm On Oct 22, 2023
Lotusflowerbomb:
Abeg how did you get your first time school fees? Na that one I dey interested in cos omo I don crack my head tire.

my folks paid it.

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by krcboy(m): 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2023
Akwukalia:

Abeg post pictures....
But opening your thread & how you got your undergraduate admission, process & so on would be better...
Sorry for the late post, but some of the pics here include pic from walmart parking lot, my city at night time, and a map from when I went to cedar point as well as the mac and cheese i had lol. If only NL allows vid upload I would have posted a lot. but sadly I rarely take photos. and for now not really going out cos I have school so wait till winter break, I will post snow falls pics and more pics I promise.

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by krcboy(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2023
krcboy:
Sorry for the late post, but some of the pics here include pic from walmart parking lot, my city at night time, and a map from when I went to cedar point as well as the mac and cheese i had lol. If only NL allows vid upload I would have posted a lot. but sadly I rarely take photos. and for now not really going out cos I have school so wait till winter break, I will post snow falls pics and more pics I promise.

just took this now,

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by D1eumasav3: 11:40am On Nov 06, 2023
Please anybody know about travel loan.
If you have any experience or you have anyone that have experience about travel loan please share experience. A friend need this urgently.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
Need a USA work visa or dependents visa whatsapp Plus One Eight Five Six Nine Seven Seven Four Five Nine Eight
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by SayNo2SmallPrik: 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2023
Offpointng:

Me just 1hr into landing to the US I began to miss Nigeria. The food, the people, the culture and how everything dey go smooth without drama displays. Well I couldn't wait till my Visit visa expires bfr I launch back to Nigeria and infact no plans to japa anywhere, not at the moment.
Lie k!!!ll u weyrey

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Auto Crash Claims Four Lives In Ondo / Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment / One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.