Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression (25242 Views)

Japa: Can 4million Take Me To Australia / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Procashtips(m): 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2023
gfon:
no wahala, come back Boss.

To what?

Do you know if he or she sold everything to move including burning bridges?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Lotusflowerbomb: 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2023
abba190:
i have a white gf she lives in scotland, she loves me so much but i am not interested about the japa issues i hv seen where she lives its not the kind of place that i can live in, and also i cant go there nd get killed by cold. nigeria is a very nice place to live forget about this japa hokum.
you better Man up and propose to her before you miss this golden opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nbv1:

That’s the truth. They are single and miserable and filled with ego even with their 18 cad per hour job they are financing cars worth 30,000 cad just to live fake life thinking that a mugu will sight them one day. This is a capitalist country and men are wise here . If a regular nigeria guy ask them out, they will embarrass him. They are only looking for already established men. You will see them on social media complaining bitterly that their is no husband in canada . They are praying unto God for problems they created. They are over 40years of age still hopeful and stay hopeful.

You mean these ladies doesn't send Nigerian men... are they looking for Foreigners or Nigerian guys who are made

2 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Procashtips(m): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

Why u nor go sit down for nigeria back abi dem ban u from naija....??

Maybe nothing in Nigeria to return to again.

Don sell everything.

2 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Lotusflowerbomb: 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2023
Bakrabas:
OP, not everyone is destined to travel out. If it's part of your destiny of you will.

Not everyone that travelled out that make it big. Japa doesn't me the antidote against misfortune nor antidote to fortune.

Despite all odds, wherever will find ourselves may everything be easy for us.

Some have traveled and regretting taking the action while some are happy to travelled out and make it big.

I've made a several attempts to travel out but still didn't work out . I stopped disturbing myself with the hope that one day by God's Grace my Japa will come with ease unexpected.

Either here or there, I pray for an endless success.

I've lost hope since Jonathan era in politicians.

Be it Obi or Atiku or Tinubu are the same thing. Same wine in different bottles
Stop discouraging people because it didn’t work for you. Sit down and compile a list of the reasons why you haven’t been able to Japa and what strategies you can use in making it a success this time around. Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Astar007: 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2023
IJEYdiamond:

You mean these ladies doesn't send Nigerian men... are they looking for Foreigners or Nigerian guys who are made

Nigeria ladies and girls for away nor go send u generally bro..unless dem Don age like 40's or more...oyibo go reason u , smallie or mature dem full ground

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
franchasofficia:
You will definitely travel out. In life, whatever you celebrate with joy you will receive at set time.

You are gathering the forces around you already and soon the rain will fall on you.

One of the ways to attract success in life is by genuinely celebrating and enjoying reading or listening or seeing successful people. It is the law of nature, so be patient your time will definitely come. You can bookmark this page, I speak from real life experiences and encounter

Amen Amen Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Lotusflowerbomb: 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2023
franchasofficia:
You will definitely travel out. In life, whatever you celebrate with joy you will receive at set time.

You are gathering the forces around you already and soon the rain will fall on you.

One of the ways to attract success in life is by genuinely celebrating and enjoying reading or listening or seeing successful people. It is the law of nature, so be patient your time will definitely come. You can bookmark this page, I speak from real life experiences and encounter
I lift up my hands to claim this prayer. Next year is my year.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Lotusflowerbomb: 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

Ur time go come, na so I been dey feel before too, naija really make me hopeless but now I dey Sweden legally
Guy abeg link me up now. I need a Swedish Partner to marry me too ohh.

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by EvangelistChuks(m): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2023
God has created eternity in our hearts that without Him ,we can NEVER live a fulfilled life. Google Robbie Williams.Without Jesus you are incomplete.Ever wondered why there is high drug use among celebrities.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by millionboi2: 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2023
Joshvent:

Though you weren't referring to me, I have been encouraged nonetheless.

I have completely cut off from Nigeria. No parties, wedding, gatherings, street chats, office discussions, completely--to my wife's dismay (I only do my responsibility in za oza room, and play with my kids). The depression is real, deny it as much as you may.

Waiting for positive assessment from Vetassess. I have ielts already. Baba God run Aussi for me.
Na stupidity and laziness dey disturb you.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by bonnyhope: 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

No, came through my white wife

Which links person go get one of this white ladies sef
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by clems88(m): 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
Ge0grapher:
Mehnn guys, I know it's probably only me that feels this way.. I don't consider myself a happy person, I wan commot this country like mad!!
Do you know in the mid night I go on TikTok scrolling through of videos of Nigerians way dey japa (TikTokers in the house would know what I am talking about, when they hear that sound SIKEEE!! Japa japa)

I used to love reading through nairaland Japa threads also but nowadays una way dey commot no dey post am for here again (not cool undecided ).. e get one kan joy way e dey give seeing those pictures of y'all in the plane with your food and sweaters, airports, plane wings, air hostesses, the landing view.. the background.. I don't know if it's weird but I totally love it.

But unfortunately I am coming to terms with reality that I might be stuck in this hell for a long time, cos I no get the facilities to commot at all. In the mean time, Abeg una way dey ball out, try to dey create threads with pictures, make we dey here dey do vivid imagination..
The God way help una go help me too 🙌😀
Japa!!
supported!! I always go there to see japa updates and pictures, but those days they don't post anymore. Me that said I can never leave Naija to another manland, the japa don dey hungry me. This country is messed up

2 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Icuib4cu: 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by wunmi590(m): 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
pansophist:

Na singles i pity for there.

I was watching a video on youtube about African ladies in Canada, A lot of them that came in as singles are still single. Infact if you enter Canada as a single lady, chances are, you wont get married there.

Even a Edo lawyer I know have to come to marry her uni boyfriend for Benin, shoot am enter Canada. I come dey ask myself, the price worth am?

You are 💯 right, one of my friend that her mum is a citizen took her and her brother to Canada, for the past 12years we have graduated, the lady never marry until now, even despite the fact that she has even finished nursing school self...

Her brother that they went there together don marry marry and even divorce self, the guy is now currently single...

Another class mate just went there like 3years ago, when she finished from India, she just came home last month to marry and took her guy there...

8 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by bolousadex: 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2023
. Nigeria is not hell. You have to make your life count for something. many people are happy in Nigeria and suicide rate is higher in the abroad. Many people who have japa are not happy and life has been tougher for most of them, but you see these perfect pictures and you think life' s good.

3 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by DyingFetus: 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
bolousadex:
. Nigeria is not hell. You have to make your life count for something. many people are happy in Nigeria and suicide rate is higher in the abroad. Many people who have japa are not happy and life has been tougher for most of them, but you see these perfect pictures and you think life' s good.

STFU nigger

I rather be depressed abroad than be in fokn shit hole

5 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2023
DyingFetus:

STFU nigger

I rather be depressed abroad than be in fokn shit hole
leave dem to be deceiving themselves till fulani kidnap them. grin.if dem no like abroad,mk dem come back,mk dem allow people go simple.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Letlovelead213: 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

It's not working for you doesn't mean I'm not telling you the truth...It's Facebook....I've made a fortune from Facebook...Life na luck bro...just continue
like is it Facebook group I will bomb or where pls
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by pansophist(m): 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2023
emmaodet:

Bro by now you should know the US and her allies are not pumping billions into Ukraine because they love her or to uphold any nonsense democracy.
They are doing it strictly for their own survival.
The aim is simple - whittle down and breakup any impending opposition to the present status like Russia and china because a change in status is an impending doom on them.
These guys are not thinking or fighting for now or present. The whites think far and plan far reason why we see their societies well planned.
It is a fight for their own future. They are sacrificing little today so as to ripe bountifully tomorrow.
By the way, I tried chatting you up on WhatsApp but it seems you are not using that line again on WhatsApp.
How can I chat you up privately?

I sent you a PM

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by alizma: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2023
Ge0grapher:
Mehnn guys, I know it's probably only me that feels this way.. I don't consider myself a happy person, I wan commot this country like mad!!
Do you know in the mid night I go on TikTok scrolling through of videos of Nigerians way dey japa (TikTokers in the house would know what I am talking about, when they hear that sound SIKEEE!! Japa japa)

I used to love reading through nairaland Japa threads also but nowadays una way dey commot no dey post am for here again (not cool undecided ).. e get one kan joy way e dey give seeing those pictures of y'all in the plane with your food and sweaters, airports, plane wings, air hostesses, the landing view.. the background.. I don't know if it's weird but I totally love it.

But unfortunately I am coming to terms with reality that I might be stuck in this hell for a long time, cos I no get the facilities to commot at all. In the mean time, Abeg una way dey ball out, try to dey create threads with pictures, make we dey here dey do vivid imagination..
Japa!!
Benin republic is not Nigeria na even Cameroon.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by millionboi2: 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
Emeskhalifa:

Una wan start oo.

Allow others to go and see it themselves. That it is not working for you over there, doesn't mean it won't work for everyone that choose to go there
who dey stop u now

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by EndRape2(f): 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
Come back

So you can.be happier here

ote author=Nbv1 post=125631980]And who told you people are not depressed abroad. Lots of people here in canada are battling depression. A lot can happen where you are, either their is no much commitment from your end or your time hasn’t just come yet.

I wish I was happier than I thought here in canada , you won’t understand until you come in here. [/quote]
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2023
Ge0grapher:

Japa!!
same here. I won really live dis hell called country. Anyways sha God day so I know say wen d time come I go move, but blood dey hot everyday.

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by caandi: 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2023
cococandy:

Everyone is different and they will have different preferences. I actually love Canada. There’s nothing like a serene calm environment. Can’t beat it

As in… some of us live boring lives here In naija
Someone like me I don’t even have close friends in naija
Like I can stay 6months and im not visiting anyone, neither is anyone visiting me..
I love serene and tranquil environment devoid of noises

I don’t like partying, if you invite me for your occasion, I won’t honor it
So imagine someone of my nature being depressed?

Kole werk!

6 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by caandi: 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
mizz2posh:

I'm also here In Canada, and I'm alot happier and enjoying my life here, don't use your situation to judge how other people's reality will be.
God bless you for your input
Imagine he’s suffering from depression and depressing people aspiring to come over with his comments.

I don reach there finish
My spirit is there sef, it’s remaining my flesh to join!

5 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by cococandy(f): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
caandi:
God bless you for your input
Imagine he’s suffering from depression and depressing people aspiring to come over with his comments.

I don reach there finish
My spirit is there sef, it’s remaining my flesh to join!

Wishing you good luck

2 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by emmaodet: 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2023
pansophist:

I sent you a PM

Have replied you
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Mikekan30: 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
Ge0grapher:

Japa!!

Yes I know it's challenging for most people who ain't in the middle class, or the Rich citizens of this country but you must bear in mind that been depressed is not about a countries situation because we have one of the lowest rates of depression, the foreign countries you are hoping to go has a high rates of anxiety and depression, if you aren't fulfilled in life doesn't mean it's your countries fault that responsibility is solely on you.

There are men and women who have made good and huge money in Nigeria here it's not just the politicians or corrupt individuals I mean regular business men, company owners, sole proprietors, Entertainers, etc. All this balls down to you having a Vision. You can Japa as you wish but if you do not have a Goal and a Vision of what you want to do to succeed you will still remain poor and depressed. That energy you are having to travel abroad why don't you put the same energy to what ever you are into here in NIGERIA and watch yourself succeed.

Honestly there is nothing different you will do Abroad than to keep hustling the way you are avoiding to do here in NIGERIA, am not here to discourage you or decide for you but to give you a different perspective about this Japa syndrome. If you know what you are doing you will definitely make money in NIGERIA because there are alot of opportunities now than ever.

The foreign countries needs expatriates who are already established tycoons in to their country either to invest or for vacation and not for migration. When they see you're an Asset and not a liability they will quickly give you a Working Visa.

I will advise you to Venture into Tech and focus on it because it's the future now whether you are in NIGERIA or Abroad.

I wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Obyino: 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
If you voted 🗳 for this government and you want to JAPA your plane go crash 💥 in Jesus name!!!!!
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Akano5(m): 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2023
@ Mikekan30 was talking about Venturing into Tech...
does everybody has passion for tech, I'm in the same shoes like the OP, I have tried my best to ventures into it but I don't have money to pay for tutorials and get a good Laptop.... you see as bad as it is.

Finding a way to survive everyday in this country

We as humans doesn't have the same destiny neither did we have the same Luck nor did we have the same opportunities -- the list is endless

Some came from a well to do family and that authmatically gives them an edge over the poor ones...

Nobody can tell me I can't survive anywhere in the World I know i will survive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Auto Crash Claims Four Lives In Ondo / One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use / Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.