Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression (25149 Views)

Japa: Can 4million Take Me To Australia / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by alphabbey1(m): 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
Offpointng:

Is that why Jessica moved to Nigeria??

I was surprised my guy's wife moved from the US to Nigeria with her two kids (both whites) I pray she's not making the wrong choice tho
US is the worst place after Afghanistan to train Kids. And since her children her already US citizens, she made the best decision keeping them away from that transgender state.... I belive money is also not her problem
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Bakrabas: 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2023
Lotusflowerbomb:
Stop discouraging people because it didn’t work for you. Sit down and compile a list of the reasons why you haven’t been able to Japa and what strategies you can use in making it a success this time around. Goodluck.

Common, not as if it doesn't work for me rather I can't accept the Job they offered me because it wasn't what I applied for as at 2018 the salary was 110k convert to NGN.

The travel agent returned 95% of my money and I added to it to establish myself, yet that doesn't stop me from hustling

If I didn't Japa now doesn't mean I'm not doing fine and perhaps I'm not using the word of discouragement.

Japa to anywhere you like even Japan or North Korea.

I'm not using any strategy to run away to go and become a second class citizen or slave rather I've created a job for myself and others through my legit hustlings here Alhamdulillah!!!

But mind you sir, despite all odds most people are still making it on daily basis here too and we still have some here struggling like me that are far better than those that have japa over 10yrs.

But today, I thank God because I've achieved a lot and I'm still hoping for more by God's Grace.

Pls japa ooo if your success is there

5 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by yewit37486: 11:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
Obyino:
If you voted 🗳 for this government and you want to JAPA your plane go crash 💥 in Jesus name!!!!!

What an insensitive comment. So the other hundreds of people on board can die for all you care?!

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by gfon(m): 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

US process dey much different and complicated than EU...expect to stay for naija like two years more
damn, which kind wahala. Is that after the marriage and everything?
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by pansophist(m): 12:06am On Sep 10, 2023
wunmi590:

You are 💯 right, one of my friend that her mum is a citizen took her and her brother to Canada, for the past 12years we have graduated, the lady never marry until now, even despite the fact that she has even finished nursing school self...

Her brother that they went there together don marry marry and even divorce self, the guy is now currently single...

Another class mate just went there like 3years ago, when she finished from India, she just came home last month to marry and took her guy there...

Na wa o.

Nothing makes life more emptier when one wants a family but no partner to be found.

But some will never come home and pick a husband. They would rather be a single mom than do that. The idea of importing a man is a complete no, its a non-starter grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Mikekan30: 3:28am On Sep 10, 2023
Akano5:
@ Mikekan30 was talking about Venturing into Tech...
does everybody has passion for tech, I'm in the same shoes like the OP, I have tried my best to ventures into it but I don't have money to pay for tutorials and get a good Laptop.... you see as bad as it is.

Finding a way to survive everyday in this country

We as humans doesn't have the same destiny neither did we have the same Luck nor did we have the same opportunities -- the list is endless

Some came from a well to do family and that authmatically gives them an edge over the poor ones...

Nobody can tell me I can't survive anywhere in the World I know i will survive

why I recommended Tech is because it's the future and you can get jobs faster and sponsorships..... You mentioned that you don't have money to pay for tutorials and to buy a laptop but you have money to carry a Woman!

if you can't look for means to invest in your own self and future, is it the country that will do that for you? You are 100% ready to give excuses about How Nigeria is Bad and how everything is not working yet you are your own Problem or You think if you Japa today money will be flying on the streets of Toronto or New York for you to pick,

hey! wake up from the sickness and cage of irresponsibility you have put yourself into,

You must become intentional about your life
Take responsibility
Nobody is ever ready for what life will throw at them, You must put yourself out there, and nobody will hold you by the hand, You are an Adult take that responsibility and stop complaining.

do you think anybody gave Wizkid the chance?
what of Sabinus
What of Mark Angel's comedy

they were all persistent and intentional about their life, Today did they need to Japa like you want to?

they found their purpose, created a goal, and built on the Vision and now they are celebrities travelling on sponsored vacation while you are here complaining about Nigeria when the 3 entertainers I mentioned made it in the same Nigeria. yes, there must be a little luck but did you give yourself the chance for the luck to reach you?

can you buy Luck? it's your efforts that will be rewarded with sheer luck and opportunities.

bro, go and create your own success story and stop complaining, if you succeed in the Japa movement i bet you, you will labor heavily irrespective of the country you will go to, You must sacrifice your energy, and time and even be a slave to make earns meet or you think it's easy out there.

it's your decision to make not mine.

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by sweetTai(m): 3:51am On Sep 10, 2023
Be careful what you wish for. Many Africans are beyond your level of depression overseas. Abroad is not what you might think it is. Thread carefully.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by benjanny(m): 5:19am On Sep 10, 2023
Me too
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Fatotes5588(m): 6:52am On Sep 10, 2023
Same here bro
I can't wait to comot forever n ever
Its just freaking hell in this jungle

Ge0grapher:
Mehnn guys, I know it's probably only me that feels this way.. I don't consider myself a happy person, I wan commot this country like mad!!
Do you know in the mid night I go on TikTok scrolling through of videos of Nigerians way dey japa (TikTokers in the house would know what I am talking about, when they hear that sound SIKEEE!! Japa japa)

I used to love reading through nairaland Japa threads also but nowadays una way dey commot no dey post am for here again (not cool undecided ).. e get one kan joy way e dey give seeing those pictures of y'all in the plane with your food and sweaters, airports, plane wings, air hostesses, the landing view.. the background.. I don't know if it's weird but I totally love it.

But unfortunately I am coming to terms with reality that I might be stuck in this hell for a long time, cos I no get the facilities to commot at all. In the mean time, Abeg una way dey ball out, try to dey create threads with pictures, make we dey here dey do vivid imagination..
The God way help una go help me too 🙌😀
Japa!!
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by JASONjnr(m): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2023
abba190:
i have a white gf she lives in scotland, she loves me so much but i am not interested about the japa issues i hv seen where she lives its not the kind of place that i can live in, and also i cant go there nd get killed by cold. nigeria is a very nice place to live forget about this japa hokum.

My brother.....

I have white friends oh.... I was only trying to catch cruise with the guy....

I studied outside...

Did my master at South Africa too.

Having white friends doesn't mean that you're any better than other people as most of this white people are extremely racist.... And they easily distrust.

I lost half of them when I relocated back to Nigeria.. they thought I came back to Nigeria to defraud them.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by saasala(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2023
Nbv1:
And who told you people are not depressed abroad. Lots of people here in canada are battling depression. A lot can happen where you are, either their is no much commitment from your end or your time hasn’t just come yet.

I wish I was happier than I thought here in canada , you won’t understand until you come in here.

A friend of mine in Canada is attributing his depression to missing home and lack of sense of belonging or sense of home. Can this seriously cause depression.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Chidolalar: 11:11am On Sep 10, 2023
Astar007:

It's not working for you doesn't mean I'm not telling you the truth...It's Facebook....I've made a fortune from Facebook...Life na luck bro...just continue

Hello astar pls help a brother in need. No matter how small or little, it will be highly appreciated by me.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Astar007: 11:20am On Sep 10, 2023
gfon:
damn, which kind wahala. Is that after the marriage and everything?

It will be best for you if you try and apply for US Fiance K1 visa if you haven't gotten married already but if you have then you just need to wait for alteast two years or more for processing, thats US way...
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Chidolalar: 11:28am On Sep 10, 2023
mizz2posh:

I'm also here In Canada, and I'm alot happier and enjoying my life here, don't use your situation to judge how other people's reality will be.
Yes everything depends on what u are doing there and what makes u happy. So can u briefly highlight those tinz that makes u a lot happier over there in canada
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Chidolalar: 11:34am On Sep 10, 2023
Astar007:

Saving 1m per month for me is a SUCCESSS...

Your success loud no be small oh. If I can save 1m per month after total expenses and tax, what else am I looking for again.
Abeg cut Small soap give me make I baff small from your success. No matter how small it is I will highly appreciate my G.

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by gfon(m): 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2023
Astar007:

It will be best for you if you try and apply for US Fiance K1 visa if you haven't gotten married already but if you have then you just need to wait for alteast two years or more for processing, thats US way...
okay boss, that's more easier right. Well have told her to seek the service's of an immigration lawyer for best ways to go about it

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Nobody: 4:29am On Sep 11, 2023
. shocked
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Cjizzy(m): 9:13am On Sep 11, 2023
Joshvent:

Really, pray, tell, how did you arrive at this conclusion? The fact that l have "turned out" of Nigeria doesn't mean that l am not working and earning. I work with a multinational by day and I have a side gig as a remote restoration estimator with a US company at night. Double stream of income aside my wife's Business.

Disabuse your mind that depression is a poor man's ailment. The bible says that expectation postponed in making the heart sick--proverbs 13:12

Or did you not read the part where I stated that I'm waiting my Australian assessment outcome? Its cost me 962 Australian dollars. Or how else did you imagine l will proceed with the PR visa eventually for a family of 5 that cost 10k Australian dollar?

I simply stopped attending gatherings and engaging in public conversations, restricting myself to wifey and my lil angels.
Carry me along chief. I still dey job hunt
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Obierika(m): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
gfon:
no wahala, come back Boss.

So you can go abi? grin
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by gfon(m): 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
Obierika:

So you can go abi? grin
ABI lol, Dem go complain. But enter next flight come back,they wouldn't o
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Schrodinger2(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
Lotusflowerbomb:
Tell us first how you were able to gather funds and japa to America?

I got full funding for grad school. Check my previous posts.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by edgecution(m): 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2023
Offpointng:

Is that why Jessica moved to Nigeria??

I was surprised my guy's wife moved from the US to Nigeria with her two kids (both whites) I pray she's not making the wrong choice tho

You think she made a wrong a move, but she thinks she is making the best decision. I will come back to Nigeria and I will not regret it. Priorities are different. Americans can be flashy online but they don't rate their country like that if you move close to them. An average American can take you to court if you owe him $100, they can kill over $20. For things we talk over and settle in Nigeria , they don't settle , rather they want to see you suffer and punished.

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Yaks02(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2023
Astar007:

Ur time go come, na so I been dey feel before too, naija really make me hopeless but now I dey Sweden legally
I'm giving myself 5 years, I'm moving out of this country by God's grace
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Yaks02(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2023
Astar007:

No, came through my white wife
Abeg
Give me her sister or cousin na
I be good Nigerian
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Kaido: 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
Yaks02:

Abeg
Give me her sister or cousin na
I be good Nigerian
grin
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by HRtechnique: 8:30am On Sep 16, 2023
pansophist:

Nigerians still see Canada and the UK and also the US as it was like twenty years ago. They still see the UK like James Bond movies, and the US like nollywood potrays.

France also has joined their league. If you land Paris Central bus station Bercy) for example, the kind of smell and urine, and people sleeping on benches will shock you.

If you walk there at night and act like a JJC, you'll be robbed or maybe stabbed if you prove stubborn. When people point to the decline of the West, things like this are what they saw.

Canada own disappoint me pass because it's a really huge country, with uncountable resources and little population, but the citizens are living like beggars. Na wa

I can’t remember when I started following you .
It’s because your posts are often interesting.
Just wanted you to know that.

My question is: In your opinion, how does one acclimatize better and get headway if one immigrates to the UK?

Second, which English speaking European country is the better in your opinion.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by JohnQueen(m): 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2023
How many European countries speak English officially?
HRtechnique:

My question is: In your opinion, how does one acclimatize better and get headway if one immigrates to the UK?

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by pansophist(m): 6:13pm On Sep 16, 2023
HRtechnique:

I have not lived in the UK, so I can't tell you specifically about it. But I'll write generally on succeeding in your new host country, which can equally be applicable to the UK. So here you go.

1. Integration. This is number one. Generally in the UK, it would be easy since you don't need to learn a new language, but linguistic integration is just one slice of the pie.

You also need social integration, so you must understand what your host society considers a good citizen and also, a classy citizen. Then be that person.

Speak the language very well. And if you already speak English, polish it to speak succinctly. Eloquence is the mark of an educated person.

2. Then for social integration, find your taste in the local cuisine, and act like a local. Know politics like who is the city mayor, and have an opinion about something, although avoid controversy. If you're still young, join the gym. It's a perfect place to meet cool guys. Lift weight together, and join a sports club.

For example, I'm in an Adidas running club, and in my city, I'm one of the top runners. You need to see the kind of esteem I get when we meet, because my dedication shines.

3. Then professionally, rise to the top of your career, since this will single handedly make life easy for you. Dating becomes easier, buying a house and establishing oneself becomes easy also.

Doing all these will bring respect to you, you will respect yourself, and you'll feel like home. Racism won't bother you much because even the so called racist can see that you're living a fabulous life.

The inability or unwillingness of lots of African men to integrate is the reason why they suffer abroad. They are stuck with low skill jobs that are muscle-based, that an illiterate deaf and dumb can do.

The top always feels better than the bottom. When one is at the bottom, no matter where you are, life will be miserable. So because many of these brothers can't rise up the social hierarchy, they alleviate their disenfranchisement by, for example, importing a wife.

And that project carries another problem that won't happen to them if they try to integrate. So after he imports a wife, she will come to see that he is a loser in that society, and the "abroad privilege" he had when she was still in Nigeria will be ineffective.

When she starts studying, upgrading herself while the brother carries her responsibility with those low skill jobs, then she becomes established and concludes that he is not good enough for her. Which if he is honest with himself, she is right.

You don't let yourself rot at the expense of lifting someone up. You build yourself as well. Also, you can not tell if she sees you as a ticket out of Naija, or loves you genuinely. Whichever the case, the best strategy is to avoid such risk.

Because even is she loves you genuinely, the new society will change her, and the love for you deactivates later on, and you'll have more to loose, compare to for example, a local you married.

I strongly believe that we have the power to prevent many of the evils that befalls us, if we understand the role we play in it. Because at the end of the day, no woman wants to feel like she is saddled with a loser.

So if you upgrade yourself and integrate properly, you'll go higher and mingle with the upper class of your host country. No point going backward by importing a wife and attempting to live a life you left in your new country.

Not saying some men ain't lucky, but many I have seen are not. I'm referring to men that refuse to upgrade and stuck with low skil jobs. Even if the marriage didn't break, he will be thoroughly emasculated.

In a nutshell, you must do three things. Linguistic integration, social integration, and professional integration. Then it shall be well with you.

About your second question, I don't know. There are only three English speaking countries in Europe. UK, Ireland, and Malta. I haven't lived in any and can't comment.

But if I'll pick from the above, then I'll choose Ireland. Because it's in the EU, and they have this agreement with the UK called the "Good Friday agreement".

It means that as an Irish (which you'll become later on), you can live in the UK unlimitedly like a Brit, and also, you're an EU citizen and live and work and establish anywhere in your EU.

I hope I helped.

29 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by AngelicBeing: 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2023
pansophist:

I have not lived in the UK, so I can't tell you specifically about it. But I'll write generally on succeeding in your new host country, which can equally be applicable to the UK. So here you go.

1. Integration. This is number one. Generally in the UK, it would be easy since you don't need to learn a new language, but linguistic integration is just one slice of the pie.

You also need social integration, so you must understand what your host society considers a good citizen and also, a classy citizen. Then be that person.

Speak the language very well. And if you already speak English, polish it to speak succinctly. Eloquence is the mark of an educated person.

2. Then for social integration, find your taste in the local cuisine, and act like a local. Know politics like who is the city mayor, and have an opinion about something, although avoid controversy. If you're still young, join the gym. It's a perfect place to meet cool guys. Lift weight together, and join a sports club.

For example, I'm in an Adidas running club, and in my city, I'm one of the top runners. You need to see the kind of esteem I get when we meet, because my dedication shines.

3. Then professionally, rise to the top of your career, since this will single handedly make life easy for you. Dating becomes easier, buying a house and establishing oneself becomes easy also.

Doing all these will bring respect to you, you will respect yourself, and you'll feel like home. Racism won't bother you much because even the so called racist can see that you're living a fabulous life.

The inability or unwillingness of lots of African men to integrate is the reason why they suffer abroad. They are stuck with low skill jobs that are muscle-based, that an illiterate deaf and dumb can do.

The top always feels better than the bottom. When one is at the bottom, no matter where you are, life will be miserable. So because many of these brothers can't rise up the social hierarchy, they alleviate their disenfranchisement by, for example, importing a wife.

And that project carries another problem that won't happen to them if they try to integrate. So after he imports a wife, she will come to see that he is a loser in that society, and the "abroad privilege" he had when she was still in Nigeria will be ineffective.

When she starts studying, upgrading herself while the brother carries her responsibility with those low skill jobs, then she becomes established and concludes that he is not good enough for her. Which if he is honest with himself, she is right.

You don't let yourself rot at the expense of lifting someone up. You build yourself as well. Also, you can not tell if she sees you as a ticket out of Naija, or loves you genuinely. Whichever the case, the best strategy is to avoid such risk.

Because even is she loves you genuinely, the new society will change her, and the love for you deactivates later on, and you'll have more to loose, compare to for example, a local you married.

I strongly believe that we have the power to prevent many of the evils that befalls us, if we understand the role we play in it. Because at the end of the day, no woman wants to feel like she is saddled with a loser.

So if you upgrade yourself and integrate properly, you'll go higher and mingle with the upper class of your host country. No point going backward by importing a wife and attempting to live a life you left in your new country.

Not saying some men ain't lucky, but many I have seen are not. I'm referring to men that refuse to upgrade and stuck with low skil jobs. Even if the marriage didn't break, he will be thoroughly emasculated.

In a nutshell, you must do three things. Linguistic integration, social integration, and professional integration. Then it shall be well with you.

About your second question, I don't know. There are only three English speaking countries in Europe. UK, Ireland, and Malta. I haven't lived in any and can't comment.

But if I'll pick from the above, then I'll choose Ireland. Because it's in the EU, and they have this agreement with the UK called the "Good Friday agreement".

It means that as an Irish (which you'll become later on), you can live in the UK unlimitedly like a Brit, and also, you're an EU citizen and live and work and establish anywhere in your EU.

I hope I helped.
Excellent, Fantastic and Fantabulous response, succinctly put and spot on

l was saying something similar to someone recently as well, l told him that you are not on earth as a liability,you are an asset, take advantage of all the gifts, talents,
Virtues, potentials etc that has been given to you by God, develop, hone, Polish it and use it to impact yourself, others and the world around you, any country you enter, look very deep for problems to solve, the eyes 👀 that looks are many but the eyes 👀 that sees are few

Money invariably moves to problem solvers whether as a Doctor, Nurse, Footballer, Athlete', Minister of the gospel, Technicians, Teacher's etc as long as you avail yourself the opportunity to solve the problem of others, money, wealth etc will come knocking at your door and whatever country you find yourself, you become a huge asset to that country

Lastly, look at Bahrain and Qatar giving citizenship to Kenya Athletes which under normal circumstances, the Arab world will not give citizenship to anyone just like that but since the Kenya Athletes are bringing honor to them, they break their immigration protocol to give citizenship to those Kenyan athletes wink

3 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:08pm On Sep 16, 2023
pansophist:

I hope I helped.

Bros you too much men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by SuperOnyi: 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2023
abba190:
i have a white gf she lives in scotland, she loves me so much but i am not interested about the japa issues i hv seen where she lives its not the kind of place that i can live in, and also i cant go there nd get killed by cold. nigeria is a very nice place to live forget about this japa hokum.

shocked

grin
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by HRtechnique: 4:39am On Sep 17, 2023
pansophist:

You are amazing.

I hope I helped.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amazing Facts About Africa / Nigerian Says He Was Deported From Pakistan Because He Is Igbo (Video) / How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.