Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression (25170 Views)

Japa: Can 4million Take Me To Australia / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by okerekingsley90: 10:31am On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

No, came through my white wife

Bad guy grin grin grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by tosinjay(m): 10:32am On Sep 09, 2023
I like your spirit jare, this Tinubu news no even help matter sef
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Love800(m): 10:33am On Sep 09, 2023
I dont know whether u were the last person i quoted on dis sweden issue b4. But anyways i want to just ask dis.

What travelling visa or route can i use to enta sweden

What kind of jobs are there?
Am planning becoming a teacher once i get there. Pls whats ur take on dis.
Astar007:

Ur time go come, na so I been dey feel before too, naija really make me hopeless but now I dey Sweden legally
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by iammolise(m): 10:34am On Sep 09, 2023
Maybe the vivid imagination you long for is the very reason for your depression, the only way out of depression is for one to accept reality and take things in one's stride always, you can still see those TikTok jakpa videos and not get depressed, just get rid of the impression it makes on you and watch like the everyday skit videos we watch. Lastly my broda you're not the only one, we are all in this rut together, we gather dey, don't carry the weight of nigeria in your head, it's not healthy.

In Addition: try visualization technic, might seem like a 'merry dance' but will help.

7 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by ConfidentialDoc: 10:35am On Sep 09, 2023
pansophist:

Yes.

Only third worlders are interested in Canada, same as USA.

For example if you check the list of countries that got the most PR in Canada and US, they were mostly from the underdeveloped world.

Europeans hardly move there. Visit yes, study for a while yes, but to move? Naaa. Its a massive downgrade of lifestyle and quality of life.

Put on YouTube 'homelessness in Vancouver", you'll be shocked to your bone. Those fentanyl inhaling zombies is fast spreading to Canada from the US.

Thousands sleeping on the street, they can't afford to rent or even own a home. And these are even white folks, citizens, not immigrants.

Canada is ridiculously too expensive. People work there just to pay rent. Even a doctor that earns above 150k a year might find it hard to own a home.

Meanwhile in Europe, people with 3k salary a month can get a house on mortgage, and you'll never see homelessness the level of North America.

Canada disappointed me really. Even sadly, their government will rather pump billions upon billions of dollars to Ukraine, instead of help the downtrodden in their community.

It's really sad.
It wasn't this bad in the early 2000s
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Love800(m): 10:35am On Sep 09, 2023
Abeg dey one corner
Nbv1:
And who told you people are not depressed abroad. Lots of people here in canada are battling depression. A lot can happen where you are, either their is no much commitment from your end or your time hasn’t just come yet.

I wish I was happier than I thought here in canada , you won’t understand until you come in here.

3 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Astar007: 10:37am On Sep 09, 2023
Love800:
I dont know whether u were the last person i quoted on dis sweden issue b4. But anyways i want to just ask dis.

What travelling visa or route can i use to enta sweden

What kind of jobs are there?
Am planning becoming a teacher once i get there. Pls whats ur take on dis.

Bro honestly I don't know much, my own came as a surprise even to me...I met her on Facebook three months later she came to lagos, we do court marriage for ikoyi submit d marriage certificate na so dem give me visa, we didn't pay a dime brother for the visa....when u reach Sweden u go wonder if God swear for nigeria or na Devil create nigeria..u must go to a language school here first and learn Swedish when u come before u think of work...work plenty

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 09, 2023
Japa if u get the opportunity abeg. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by ConfidentialDoc: 10:38am On Sep 09, 2023
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa ooo

Let all of you JAPA and let us rest.

I was in Sweden and I JAPA back to Naija, although my wify and kids no follow me return.

I am leaving my best life here in Abj as a King.
Them insult me ooo, call me MumuOnBail.

I end up knacking their wifes, sisters, cousins, crush and friends.

Naija sweet just hold money and avoid staying in Lagos.

You're an asshole.

But at least you made me laugh grin

You're on point Sha...
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Love800(m): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2023
Hmm

Isolated means nothing to me

Boring means nothing to me

Expensive is what i will consider in all u said. I prefer a loneliness quality life to enjoyment, lively and corrupt life
pansophist:

I get you. Canada is one hell of a depressive place. Something is just not right with that country.

I actually planned to migrate there before. I come visit am make I get a feel of the place before deciding, but just a week for Toronto, I changed my flight ticket and left earlier.

I see why they need people there, to come share with the depression. SO expensive, isolated, and so boring. Mehn me I cant to. But the nature is beautiful sha. Canada can easily pass as the most beautiful nature on earth. Too fine.

14 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by onlyboyson(m): 10:42am On Sep 09, 2023
Then you japa silently
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Newton2024: 10:43am On Sep 09, 2023
Ge0grapher:
Mehnn guys, I know it's probably only me that feels this way.. I don't consider myself a happy person, I wan commot this country like mad!!
Do you know in the mid night I go on TikTok scrolling through of videos of Nigerians way dey japa (TikTokers in the house would know what I am talking about, when they hear that sound SIKEEE!! Japa japa)

I used to love reading through nairaland Japa threads also but nowadays una way dey commot no dey post am for here again (not cool undecided ).. e get one kan joy way e dey give seeing those pictures of y'all in the plane with your food and sweaters, airports, plane wings, air hostesses, the landing view.. the background.. I don't know if it's weird but I totally love it.

But unfortunately I am coming to terms with reality that I might be stuck in this hell for a long time, cos I no get the facilities to commot at all. In the mean time, Abeg una way dey ball out, try to dey create threads with pictures, make we dey here dey do vivid imagination..
The God way help una go help me too 🙌😀
Japa!!
I'm in your shoes and so I can relate. Please remember me if it clicks for you first.

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by spiritedtete: 10:43am On Sep 09, 2023
All that glitters are not Gold bro... you will come to terms with cons: Racism, loneliness(you can be married with children and still be lonely), slaving, police oppression... anxiety and depression. And you will never be rich if you don't have a special talent. (Standard of living is very high small pay check big taxes and bills)

Prons: Jobs, beautiful environments.. clean people (the are all hypocrite) . Security, good infrastructures

you will feel it more if you grow up in Nigeria. You will crave home honestly.

Personally I regret Japa despite the fact that I have been almost everywhere. I wish I stayed back in Nigeria. However because I wanted a good passport for my children it is still no regret. (I am living very well mind you... very good apartment for an avarage rich person will live in...children attend of one of the most expensive schools around and I live very comfortably) but I still regret leaving Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by emmaitive(m): 10:43am On Sep 09, 2023
Guy I dey your shoe too. so i can relate, though my own jakpa is on, probably early next year. i pray we all make it, as it is our dream
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by SeniorMan715(m): 10:44am On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

Make Una connect me to white wife nau bikonu

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Henry22(m): 10:44am On Sep 09, 2023
After voting uselessness this one wants to run grin

3 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by akslink: 10:45am On Sep 09, 2023
Ge0grapher:
Mehnn guys, I know it's probably only me that feels this way.. I don't consider myself a happy person, I wan commot this country like mad!!
Do you know in the mid night I go on TikTok scrolling through of videos of Nigerians way dey japa (TikTokers in the house would know what I am talking about, when they hear that sound SIKEEE!! Japa japa)
I pity you depression just started niooo come ask me
I used to love reading through nairaland Japa threads also but nowadays una way dey commot no dey post am for here again (not cool undecided ).. e get one kan joy way e dey give seeing those pictures of y'all in the plane with your food and sweaters, airports, plane wings, air hostesses, the landing view.. the background.. I don't know if it's weird but I totally love it.

But unfortunately I am coming to terms with reality that I might be stuck in this hell for a long time, cos I no get the facilities to commot at all. In the mean time, Abeg una way dey ball out, try to dey create threads with pictures, make we dey here dey do vivid imagination..
Japa!!
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by emmaitive(m): 10:45am On Sep 09, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
Bro, the fact that you're happy for others, yours will come.

9ja no be am at all.

I will be traveling from Connecticut to Florida sometime next week, I'll do well to put pictures here.

abeg make una put pictures make e dey encourage us small say our day dey come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Plight21(f): 10:46am On Sep 09, 2023
I know the grass isn't always greener at the other side.
However, international exposure is good. It's nice to go out of your country.

I don't know the lies they've sold to us about Canada but coming here to read news about that country weakens me.

I think it also depends on who you're and
What you want ...

Atleast, you go still find what to do over there unless you're lazy.

Isn't easy to be a Nigerian without having money. It's hell and depressing.

Just thinking of how to get some money to starts the processing and proceed for my master's program..

I don't think there's a country that will give you 100% of eveything you desire.

If 9ja is good, why are we seeing Japa as the escape route ...

It's disastrous

9 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Love800(m): 10:52am On Sep 09, 2023
What reason made u left sweden?
Am asking so i can also learn.
Tank u
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa ooo

Let all of you JAPA and let us rest.

I was in Sweden and I JAPA back to Naija, although my wify and kids no follow me return.

I am leaving my best life here in Abj as a King.
Them insult me ooo, call me MumuOnBail.

I end up knacking their wifes, sisters, cousins, crush and friends.

Naija sweet just hold money and avoid staying in Lagos.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by JASONjnr(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

You fit give me hint on how you met your white wife?

Which app?
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by edgecution(m): 10:56am On Sep 09, 2023
Ge0grapher:

Japa!!

I pray you get treatment for your depression. Ironically a lot of Americans especially ladies will give anything to relocate from United States. Most of them hate it here. They don't believe when they see the desperation of Africans especially Nigerians to come over.

5 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Love800(m): 10:57am On Sep 09, 2023
Is the language school in nigeria or sweden?
Astar007:

Bro honestly I don't know much, my own came as a surprise even to me...I met her on Facebook three months later she came to lagos, we do court marriage for ikoyi submit d marriage certificate na so dem give me visa, we didn't pay a dime brother for the visa....when u reach Sweden u go wonder if God swear for nigeria or na Devil create nigeria..u must go to a language school here first and learn Swedish when u come before u think of work...work plenty
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 09, 2023
franchasofficia:
You will definitely travel out. In life, whatever you celebrate with joy you will receive at set time.

You are gathering the forces around you already and soon the rain will fall on you.

One of the ways to attract success in life is by genuinely celebrating and enjoying reading or listening or seeing successful people. It is the law of nature, so be patient your time will definitely come. You can bookmark this page, I speak from real life experiences and encounter

Though you weren't referring to me, I have been encouraged nonetheless.

I have completely cut off from Nigeria. No parties, wedding, gatherings, street chats, office discussions, completely--to my wife's dismay (I only do my responsibility in za oza room, and play with my kids). The depression is real, deny it as much as you may.

Waiting for positive assessment from Vetassess. I have ielts already. Baba God run Aussi for me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Chetas81(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2023
Ge0grapher:

Japa!!
YOU GUYS BUILD HELL AS NIGERIA, NOW YOU'RE LOOKING FOR COUNTRY LIKE HEAVEN,TO LIVE, THE CONTRIBUTION YOU LACK HERE IN NIGERIA, YOU DID NOT BOTHER ABOUT IT, BUT LOOKING FOR WHERE YOU CAN SERVE AS SLAVE TO THOSE WHO DO NOT LIKE YOUR COLOUR 🦍

4 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Astar007: 11:05am On Sep 09, 2023
JASONjnr:

You fit give me hint on how you met your white wife?

Which app?

Facebook
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Astar007: 11:06am On Sep 09, 2023
Love800:
Is the language school in nigeria or sweden?

U will attend one in Sweden.. u can also be using duolingo app for now to learn the basics
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by sokeril: 11:08am On Sep 09, 2023
pansophist:

Omo, calm down o.

Just get PR move back to maybe Ghana or naija. No point living in Canada if it destroys your soul. Or you understand the game, work with the coin you're giving in life, and play to move up there.

Then be equally ruthless in mate selection, since you've been at the bottom of the selection before and know that place very well. The top always feels better than the bottom.

As a man, always position your self in a place where you'll have "comparative advantages". Meaning that a Nigerian with a western passport will have far more romantic opportunities in Africa than in the West.

For example, Davido or Yemi Alade will never blow like they did in Nigeria if they are in the West. Same as Burna boy, wizkid, etc. Your home will always crown you.

Better be a lion in a jungle, that a dog in a city. This life, na like game, know your cards and play to your advantage.

So don't ever catch yourself complaining or being angry at the game, it's the way of loosers. Don't do it. Get angry with yourself that you allowed yourself to be beaten.

Life is not for the weak. Toughen up man.
My mentor😎
I love you sir.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Mummiesboy: 11:11am On Sep 09, 2023
grin
Sirchiboy:
Connect me with white lady looking for husband.
Help your brother
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 09, 2023
Love800:
Hmm

Isolated means nothing to me

Boring means nothing to me

Expensive is what i will consider in all u said. I prefer a loneliness quality life to enjoyment, lively and corrupt life

With you all the way. You took that out of my head.
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Ugwueke11(m): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2023
If i no japa wetin i gain, i am one of the guards in this travel section, we dont sleep we wait day and night 4 japa thread

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Spend 4 Days & 3 Nights On The Obudu Mountains / How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride / Rare Images Of RRS Team Fixing A Broken Down Truck At Ojota - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.