Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,324 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. (24839 Views)

SOLD!! Land For Sale At Rumokoro Port Harcourt / SOLD!!!!Land For Sale In Lekki Posh Estate! Reduced Price!! Direct From Owner!!! / Sold!! Sold!!! : Land In Beechwood Estate, Shapatti. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Dottore: 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
Hahahah
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by sslcrypt: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:
Please is that how it's been done? I bought a land early 2018 and now I feel like selling out. The families who sold it to me said they are entitled for their own percentage from the money the buyer is offering. Please I need to know if that's how it's done. I only went to inform them I would be handling the piece of land to a new owner and thought kola nut and palm wine would be it, since they also sold to several people there and also have some available I thought I should let them know for future reference... instead they are asking how much I am selling and wants to know every details of it.

Meanwhile the deeds that's about to be prepared would be in my name and that of the buyer, what consigns the family?

I had to tell them that's not possible it's my own land I bought from them I am selling, he went further and said it's either they buy it back from with same amount I bought 2018 or I give them their percentage from the appreciating amount or I develop and let matter rest.

Please help

Why are there so many weak and disgusting men in this age. This is one of the most stupid thing I have ever seen

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by anthonyuncle(m): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2023
PurestBoy:

Don't mind him, mumu talk

him wan form good boy
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2023
Definitely in the southwest, very lazy and greedy people. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by bennytrips27(m): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
You wouldn't have told them about selling your land,it's yours.
You also have to be careful,people are so desperate when it comes to land issues including going diabolical.

2 Likes

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by folake4u(f): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
Consult a Lawyer.

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Towncrier007(m): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
Foodqueen:
Your mistake was telling them beforehand.

They know u are soft so they want to capitalize on that.

U should av ask an agent to sell it for you.

Since you've involve them, they won't back off, the buyer may feel threatened and won't buy again.

If u leave it again, they might sell and tell u to come and collect your money since they are already certain you aren't interested in using the land yourself.

Alot of things can happen since you've involved them.

U night have to look for their family head.

This is exactly what is on my mind
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Nyanabo(m): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
So why did you go and inform them in the first place ? What's their business if you decide to resale your property?

You brought it on yourself by going to them so settle them.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by descarado: 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:
Please is that how it's been done? I bought a land early 2018 and now I feel like selling out. The families who sold it to me said they are entitled for their own percentage from the money the buyer is offering. Please I need to know if that's how it's done. I only went to inform them I would be handling the piece of land to a new owner and thought kola nut and palm wine would be it, since they also sold to several people there and also have some available I thought I should let them know for future reference... instead they are asking how much I am selling and wants to know every details of it.

Meanwhile the deeds that's about to be prepared would be in my name and that of the buyer, what consigns the family?

I had to tell them that's not possible it's my own land I bought from them I am selling, he went further and said it's either they buy it back from with same amount I bought 2018 or I give them their percentage from the appreciating amount or I develop and let matter rest.

Please help
Why did you go to inform them?
Your land, your biz.
You act Weak so they saw that loophole and is milking on it.
Suspend selling it. Next time you want to sell, don't inform them. Also make sure you have the necessary papers.
Which state?
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by sp2002(m): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
Na you cause am na. You went to cast yourself

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Olam09(m): 12:26pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

Don't answer them.. you're the owner of the land they handed the possession to you and signed the document. Take them to court they're thieves..
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Solofresh2: 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2023
Why did you inform them about selling your own land in the first place
Sell your land and behave like a man
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by ezekieloe(m): 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2023
You put yourself in this position for going to inform them about the sale of the land.

Trouble dey sleep, yanka go wake am.

Land you have bought and paid all the necessary payment, you went and seek for permission before selling, that means it's not your own.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Boyjaco: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
Wetin even concern you and them again since you have c of o sale your land and give the new owner the original document
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by obyrich(m): 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
Ask them to give you the dollar equivalent of the purchase price as at 2018.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by descarado: 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
Solofresh2:
Why did you inform them about selling your own land in the first place
Sell your land and behave like a man
What manner of man is that pls.
So lily livered.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Omah54: 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
redisma:

How much ?
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by chigbokingsley(m): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
I'm angry with you bro for telling us this shit. This is your land and you do with it as you wish. If I know you in person and I got to find out you gave them shishi, I swear to God, I must collect my own percentage. What nonsense is that. Are you a man or woman self because you are a scared type.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by descarado: 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2023
obyrich:
Ask them to give you the dollar equivalent of the purchase price as at 2018.
Good logic.
But, tge guy na weakling.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by gbeseun(m): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2023
Gv them something else they will disturb the new owners.just lamba dem that u want to use the money for something serious like medical and operation,give them something.final warning else.the new owner will buy the land again and again.dont involved any security cos u are not living there with them

2 Likes

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Abagworo(m): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2023
It is the buyer that will settle them not you. Except the buyer gives condition of you settling them then it is left for you to accept. This is from Rivers State point of view.

2 Likes

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Slydan204: 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
You have no business informing them about selling d land. It's ur property na. As far as am concerned, they should get nothing from you cuz u had already finished ur transaction wt them
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by RolexOfGeneva(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
It's called sell-on clause. If you never had any such legal agreement with them during purchase, then there is no need to be worried.

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by ojonwamama: 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2023
It is the new buyer that will give them some money, any amount you sell your land is all yours
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Morbeta11(m): 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

You made the mistake, you would have sold to the person silently nd take the new owner to the family for regularisation of new deed. But the trick is that your new deed with the new owner should carry an amount very lower than with you sold(the copy you are giving to the family) cos once they see the actual amount you must settle them or else they wouldn't sign the deed of assignment for the new owner. You are not obliged to tell them how much you sold your property. Just give them what you feel you are OK with. They will not reject the money.

2 Likes

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by ibokunle(m): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
Have you registered these documents with the government? If not, their signatures will be required for title to transfer and it will not come free. If the buyer signs and collects the documents you have (unregistered), then he/she will have to reengage the family to perfect the title at the Registry.

Has the title been registered? This should be the consideration.

xin5:

Yes all my documents with them are intacts
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by wallrichy: 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2023
In a matter of Land acquisition and sales.....Don't be personal about it, always involve a Lawyer.....he would do the neat and dirty work for you with ease. The family that sold the land to you will behave well if they know that a lawyer is involved. Involve a lawyer immediately and let him handle them.....get a radical street lawyer and not those gentle sophisticated lawyer abeg......U will soon see them all coming to beg you not to be angry......

folake4u:
Consult a Lawyer.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Cmanforall: 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

Which place
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by archdaura(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
I'm not a legal expert, but I can offer some general information that might be relevant to your situation. When you buy land, the terms of the transaction should be clearly outlined in a legal contract, and it typically specifies whether any future sale proceeds should be shared with the family or previous landowners.

If the deed is in your name and the buyer's name, it suggests that you have full ownership of the land, but you should consult a legal professional to confirm this based on the specific details of your agreement and local laws. It's important to have a clear understanding of the legal documents and agreements related to the land.

If you feel unsure about your legal rights and responsibilities in this matter, it's advisable to seek legal advice from a qualified attorney who specializes in property and land transactions in your area. They can provide you with guidance on how to proceed and ensure that your interests are protected.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Collapsed Synagogue Guest House: Church Closes Case / FCT Begins Demolition Of Structures In Abuja After 24hr Notice / 450sqm/900sqm Beechwood Estate, Lekki (C of O) +pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.