Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,566 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. (24843 Views)

SOLD!! Land For Sale At Rumokoro Port Harcourt / SOLD!!!!Land For Sale In Lekki Posh Estate! Reduced Price!! Direct From Owner!!! / Sold!! Sold!!! : Land In Beechwood Estate, Shapatti. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Mrice22: 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2023
Na NGWA people sale the land give you? Cause na their way.. Buy don Buy.. Sell don Sell nothing involved with them on this.. As long as the land is registered then you have to involved your Lawyer and police for anybody wey wan put body you first arrest am with police make en spend sometime in police small room(cell) before lawyer go proceed to court wey go land am to a bigger Flat(Prison) where en belong..
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Babaibeji2020(m): 2:50pm On Sep 06, 2023
Don't give them shishi............
Gather a few of your friends that are well dressed, go to the plot of land,walk around there pointing from here to there. Information will get to them if you do this frequently. They will accost you and try to rubbish you before the buyers (your friends on code). Take the opportunity to petition them to the commissioner of Police for threat to life/conduct likely to cause breach of peace, they will be invited or arrested. Upon granting them bail,they will be made to write an undertaking never to worry or come close to your land...okpadi.oooo......!

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by stormborn28(m): 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
VeryGoodMan:
Let me guess...
South West?
A typical Yoruba area like Alimosho, Ikorodu or Agege?
The street is untarred?
They still have a Baale or Oba?
Oro is still practised there?

grin

grin grin
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by stormborn28(m): 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2023
anthonyuncle:
why did you even inform them that you want to sell the land?

That is when I knew OP was foolish
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Emma1Oj(m): 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:
Please is that how it's been done? I bought a land early 2018 and now I feel like selling out. The families who sold it to me said they are entitled for their own percentage from the money the buyer is offering. Please I need to know if that's how it's done. I only went to inform them I would be handling the piece of land to a new owner and thought kola nut and palm wine would be it, since they also sold to several people there and also have some available I thought I should let them know for future reference... instead they are asking how much I am selling and wants to know every details of it.

Meanwhile the deeds that's about to be prepared would be in my name and that of the buyer, what consigns the family?

I had to tell them that's not possible it's my own land I bought from them I am selling, he went further and said it's either they buy it back from with same amount I bought 2018 or I give them their percentage from the appreciating amount or I develop and let matter rest.

Please help
I believe you only knows how to read and write, U ARE NOT EDUCATED TO HAVE DONE THE BOLDED. your property, you paid for and documents with you. I feel there's something you have not said.

HOW COME YOU ACTED SO UNCIVILIZED AND UNEXPOSED?
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Olaitan2019(m): 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
It is well bro, the mistake you made is that by informing them you want to sell the land
May be I should break some certain things for you

If you are buying land from family land, you will be given a receipt and deed of assignments showing that they have transfer the right to you, if you want to sell the land later you don't need to inform them since they have transfer the right to you

But after selling the land and if you want to give them a token you can do that

The second one is when you are buying the land from estate company and if you want to resale such land you will need to inform the company that you want to resell they will charge a Percentage from you then they will look for a buyer for the property

So the company need to be aware that there is a changes that want to take effect on the land

Here at Real properties will am give you the best of the best real estate investment

If you are looking to buy a property in a strategic location that will give you a good returns on investment kindly call/ Whatsapp : 09025462416
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by xin5: 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2023
Emma1Oj:
I believe you only knows how to read and write, U ARE NOT EDUCATED TO HAVE DONE THE BOLDED. your property, you paid for and documents with you. I feel there's something you have not said.

HOW COME YOU ACTED SO UNCIVILIZED AND UNEXPOSED?
have you bought a piece of chair ever in your life talk more a landed property?
I doubt it from the way you criticize, I stand to be corrected though.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by makaveli902: 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
Why did you go back to them in first place?
Go and get a lawyer, you owe them nothing.

xin5:
Please is that how it's been done? I bought a land early 2018 and now I feel like selling out. The families who sold it to me said they are entitled for their own percentage from the money the buyer is offering. Please I need to know if that's how it's done. I only went to inform them I would be handling the piece of land to a new owner and thought kola nut and palm wine would be it, since they also sold to several people there and also have some available I thought I should let them know for future reference... instead they are asking how much I am selling and wants to know every details of it.

Meanwhile the deeds that's about to be prepared would be in my name and that of the buyer, what consigns the family?

I had to tell them that's not possible it's my own land I bought from them I am selling, he went further and said it's either they buy it back from with same amount I bought 2018 or I give them their percentage from the appreciating amount or I develop and let matter rest.

Please help
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by yetty247(f): 3:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

Orishirishi

God for gimme small power so that I can be helping some people in need

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Keme4Real(f): 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2023
bekpo:
U r nothing but a simp. Rather than brief a lawyer, u come 2 Nairaland Forum. U even told them either they sell ur own land n refund d value u bought in 2018, u r nothing but a fool.

You sound like a bigger fool for not reading the story properly.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by PROPHETmichael: 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

It's high time you wake up and become a man.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by twilliamx(m): 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

No gree oo. Which state? Do you have a registered title?

Go find your friend wey be army. Na him you go use harass them. Bastards.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by JoshuaBestPremi(m): 3:47pm On Sep 06, 2023
I understand your situation and the challenges you are facing regarding the sale of the land you purchased. It's important to approach this matter with clarity and consideration for all parties involved.

Firstly, it is necessary to review the terms and conditions of the land transaction that took place in 2018. If there was a written agreement or contract outlining the details, it would be helpful to refer to it. This document should specify the rights and responsibilities of both parties, including any obligations for the family who sold you the land.

In many cases, when buying land from a family or community, it is customary for them to have a stake in the land. This can be in the form of a percentage of the sale price or other arrangements. It appears that the family you bought the land from may have held the expectation that they would have a share in any future sale or development of the land.

To find a resolution, it would be advisable to have open and honest communication with the family. Discuss your intentions for selling the land, the buyer's expectations, and your own financial needs. Explore the possibility of reaching a mutually agreeable solution that considers the interests of both parties.

xin5:

Please help
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Keme4Real(f): 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2023
Babaibeji2020:
Don't give them shishi............
Gather a few of your friends that are well dressed, go to the plot of land,walk around there pointing from here to there. Information will get to them if you do this frequently. They will accost you and try to rubbish you before the buyers (your friends on code). Take the opportunity to petition them to the commissioner of Police for threat to life/conduct likely to cause breach of peace, they will be invited or arrested. Upon granting them bail,they will be made to write an undertaking never to worry or come close to your land...okpadi.oooo......!

Hmmm See tortoise sense.

Alaye, drum of oil dey your head.

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by TYCO77: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
[/color][color=#000099]
xin5:

Please help

You invited problem to yourself. I am just trying to comprehend the rational behind informing them of your intention to sell your property. Is there a right of first refusal in the contract/agreement paper?
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by BRATISLAVA: 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2023
anthonyuncle:
why did you even inform them that you want to sell the land?

Lol. I'm surprised. Perhaps he doesn't really own it. Maybe he's leasing it and wants to bail. The whole story is absurd.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Oomardesigns: 4:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
U be small pikin? They are talking trash
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Vyzz: 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

Yes It happens, just apply caution brother
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by TempleHouse: 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
Why do you have to inform them in the first place
The ownership of the land had been passed to you long ago and they can challenge the new owner which I know it's not possible.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by davidadenrele: 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
Hello,

I honestly don't expect you to be asking question on what to do? You definitely need to consult a lawyer, expect you want the so called families to exploits you and take advantage of your rights, consult a lawyer asap and also get the attention of the police, which one be percentage on the land you bought with your own hard earned money, do the needful before its too late.

All the best.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by arsenwise: 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2023
VeryGoodMan:
Let me guess...
South West?
A typical Yoruba area like Alimosho, Ikorodu or Agege?
The street is untarred?
They still have a Baale or Oba?
Oro is still practised there?

grin

o gbadun o
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by godofuck231: 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2023
You don't have a gun thats why , by the time uiu kill 3 , 24 will flee with the fear of God in them
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Dshocker(m): 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

Na you go find trouble na, lion dey sleep, monkey go touch am for tail..... Which one be say you carry kolanut go meet them.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by GistFullGround: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
Thieves every where in Nigeria!
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Azzik: 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
In the first place, you weren't supposed to inform them...it's your property and you have full right to do whatever you want with it.. don't give them shishi...na tinubu boys them be... looking for delve all the time
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by AmancalledGod: 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2023
kestolove95:
Why buy land from iyamiri people? Na u fvck up
may thurder fire strike that your God forsaken mouth for calling iyamiri them, are you on colos
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by LowKeyManny: 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

Then tell them to give you your own cut of all the lands they have been selling in the family. Since you bought land from them.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Kenechukwu98: 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2023
Na you Bleep up, since the paper is on you and everything what exactly are you telling them for?... My advice to you is to sell that to a group or union or club meeting..carry enough security go and do ur business..you and them no get any single business like you bought land from someone you should be on cow face (iru efi) you don't need any business with them . Ur problem is that you are too simple and a peaceful person but comot dat peace and do business... Dey just whining you no single person go come attack you just carry small force men enter 😜
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Sparrk007(m): 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
Why must you tell them you want to sell your own property
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Tundesimple123(m): 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
You don't need to inform them and stop carrying them along, collect your money and tell the guy to continue his project
Only thing is that any time that person wanted to work on that site you will come around

You can also contact me for land if you need any landed property around Ofada, Aleku and Dagunja Village all around Mowe Area
WhatsApp only: 08063700477.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by mycar: 8:51pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
Will they sign any transfer of ownership document for the new owner, if yes then the new owner may have to give them some percentage, even government institution and estate developers charge such fees but if nothing of such is happening then you don't have to pay attention to them.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by molas02: 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
Issue of land buying and reselling is different from one family, tribe, town to another. In this ur case try and seat down for a round table talk. Na u give them information that u want to sell the land, which u shouldn't have told them before

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Collapsed Synagogue Guest House: Church Closes Case / FCT Begins Demolition Of Structures In Abuja After 24hr Notice / 450sqm/900sqm Beechwood Estate, Lekki (C of O) +pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.