Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,487 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. (24842 Views)

SOLD!! Land For Sale At Rumokoro Port Harcourt / SOLD!!!!Land For Sale In Lekki Posh Estate! Reduced Price!! Direct From Owner!!! / Sold!! Sold!!! : Land In Beechwood Estate, Shapatti. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by GloriousGbola: 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:
Please is that how it's been done? I bought a land early 2018 and now I feel like selling out. The families who sold it to me said they are entitled for their own percentage from the money the buyer is offering. Please I need to know if that's how it's done. I only went to inform them I would be handling the piece of land to a new owner and thought kola nut and palm wine would be it, since they also sold to several people there and also have some available I thought I should let them know for future reference... instead they are asking how much I am selling and wants to know every details of it.

Meanwhile the deeds that's about to be prepared would be in my name and that of the buyer, what consigns the family?

I had to tell them that's not possible it's my own land I bought from them I am selling, he went further and said it's either they buy it back from with same amount I bought 2018 or I give them their percentage from the appreciating amount or I develop and let matter rest.

Please help

Over to omonile lawyer.
Search him on the platform

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Goalnaldo(m): 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:
Please is that how it's been done? I bought a land early 2018 and now I feel like selling out. The families who sold it to me said they are entitled for their own percentage from the money the buyer is offering. Please I need to know if that's how it's done. I only went to inform them I would be handling the piece of land to a new owner and thought kola nut and palm wine would be it, since they also sold to several people there and also have some available I thought I should let them know for future reference... instead they are asking how much I am selling and wants to know every details of it.

Meanwhile the deeds that's about to be prepared would be in my name and that of the buyer, what consigns the family?

I had to tell them that's not possible it's my own land I bought from them I am selling, he went further and said it's either they buy it back from with same amount I bought 2018 or I give them their percentage from the appreciating amount or I develop and let matter rest.

Please help
where's the place and drop the name of the family and number if possible let's drag them. That's the least we can do for our fellow nairalander cause they are thieves!!!
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by zedegit: 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

Best thing is to sell it to a force man. Abi craze dey worry dem?

A force man bought a land. Dem come wan show themselves.

Las las na dem do labour for him free of charge after much mending by a single call.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by advanceDNA: 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

exactly!! Wetin concern the family??
We should be asking you this question...
Why u carry urself go meet them in the first place when u know nothing concern the family??
They sold u land ..u have paid .... u wanted to sell...u now went to inform them?? Honestly I don't want to call you mumu....
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by CDCEO001: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
Na you wey go dey give kola.

2 Likes

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by adeememman(m): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
I've learnt over time that in this life, when you give some people so much respect they tend to feel like God over your life and some other areas.
You need to show them some craze wether legally or illegally. Whichever is easily accessible to you. Because this matter don pass overlooking it except the buyer is someone who is close to you and won't compromise no matter what because their next line of action will be to frustrate selling the land.
But once they know the gentleman no mean weak man, they will back out.

2 Likes

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by kiddkash(m): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
kestolove95:
Why buy land from iyamiri people? Na u fvck up
It is those lazy Omo Nile. Who do not work all day, standing in the streets so that they will take cut from what hardworking people have laboured for. Modern day zacchaeus
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by stagger: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

U no get sense. Truly!

3 Likes

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by FireUpNow(m): 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
Do you have the documentation of the land? Like payment receipt, Certificate of Deed of Grant? You owns the land so why inform any baga that you wants to sell the land? If you buy a car from somebody do you ask the former owner that you want to sell it? Stand your ground and let no one intimidate you. Contact your lawyerif worst come to worst provided you have all necessary documents. Sell your land and give shishi to nobody.

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by NastiLord: 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
Going to tell them your intentions about your property was wrong. You gave them the leverage, illegal and unofficial leverage
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by RUDEBOYY(m): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
They want to eat their cake and still have it... Africa
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Dancebreaker: 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
You did noble by informing them but most 9ja people have no nobility in them or value it. So you must know when to show your agbero side to survive.
Just find a lawyer to prepare the documents, sell the land and go jeje. Then warn the new owner that the old owners are yeye omonile people, that he should not fall for their antics. Otherwise they will soon sell that land to another person and result in years of court litigation.

You can even say you "dash" it to a relative. They have no business knowing how much you want to sell it.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by descarado: 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
Goalnaldo:
where's the place and drop the name of the family and number if possible let's drag them. That's the least we can do for our fellow nairalander cause they are thieves!!!
You want them to kill him?
Smh
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Tigaremporium: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2023
Go back to your village,prepare yourself cos these people are ready for[/color][color=#006600] you.. inorder to defeat them,you must face them the way they are...
xin5:

Please help
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by KingRabota: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2023
All these people saying it's his fault for going to inform the original owners have never bought even table size parcel of land.

Bros sell your land but Keep a few small coins for making trouble. Just I'm case

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Cjayboy: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2023
Are they the agent that scouted the buyer?

If no; look for koboko and if yes pay them 10 percent.

Please, they own that land(s) on inheritance, ensure you deal in line with custom or tradition of the land owners.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by LegendaryArnold(m): 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

As long as there is no document legally binding this, they have no case.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by samtoles: 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

Na you cause am. Why you carry kola nut go give them in the first place. You should have sold the land to the new person in secret
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Tremple8v: 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2023
East or west ? Or south east or south west ?
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by cooljoe(m): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
do you have a deed of assignment/conveyance? Is there any clause as per first refusal and all that? If not, the land is fully yours and you are not bound by law to give ‘em anything if you don’t want to.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Francis88095(m): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2023
Yes you have to give some certain amount of money to the community if you sell land

You don't have to give anything to the family that sold the land to you unless if they are the one that bring the buyer for you, in that case you will give them their 10%
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Makunahatata: 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2023
Bunkbars:
Definitely in the southwest, very lazy and greedy people. undecided
says a broke boy crying the other day over 5k

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by darichlife: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2023
You sef just fall hands, why not sell and introduce the new owner to them.

This would have closed all this noise.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2023
Nawoah , what is wrong with some people and greed

I have been involved in some many land property buying and selling, the one we sold recently did not involve the person that sold the land to my Client....

Where you will find the name of the person that sold the land to you should be in the papers (deeds)...

So, be wise and take full authority over your land abeg.....

Still contact us for the development incase you change your mind ....

Also get a land and Property Lawyer to back you up....
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by yommen: 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2023
b3llo:
Sell your land and chase any idi.ot that comes to you for percentage.

They will disturb the new owner o.

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Love56743: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
Oga you have to be very careful because land issues is vry dangerous in Nigeria, i hope you are spiritually strong before going to make a land case

4 Likes

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by obidevine(m): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

Quick question: What part of Nigeria did you buy this land ?. Did you register the deed of assignment you have with the family at the lands registry? If you can paste your phone number or email address we can chat in private
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by SpicyMimi(f): 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
Like seriously? Why did you inform them about selling your own land? I don’t understand.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by mastermaestro(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2023
meum:
Check every single clause in the land document to be sure you didn’t sign off on what they are requesting for. If such clause(s) isn’t/aren’t there, ignore those greedy people. If they don’t want to back off go find soldier.

I blame you for going to inform them you want to sell your own land.

I honestly think there is a resell clause backing the said family in the original documentation. Op should say the truth. I am sure it was the clause that obliged him to go inform the family of his intention to resell.

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by remiopash: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
[/quote] I only went to inform them I would be handling the piece of land to a new owner [/quote] This was not necessary.You were the one that invited ants by playing ants invested timber
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by onlyboyson(m): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2023
Without mentioning tribe believe me it's YORUBA they are fond of sell and reclaim ,sell sell entitlement
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Enugupikin: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
You're stupid for informing them what doesn't concern them in the first place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Collapsed Synagogue Guest House: Church Closes Case / FCT Begins Demolition Of Structures In Abuja After 24hr Notice / 450sqm/900sqm Beechwood Estate, Lekki (C of O) +pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.