Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? (71987 Views)

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by blueAgent(m): 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2023
KnownUnknown:
I’ve never heard of the potential leaders talk about creating strong institutions with proper laws, or building infrastructure like a modern drainage system and underground transportation system., or properly planning and zoning a city, or building a national highway system.

The British extracted the wealth, gave them a stupid religion, and didn’t even bother to build infrastructure. When the Nigerians took over, they didn’t build infrastructure either because they were too busy worrying about which ethnic group should rule the others and the northerners in particularly have been turned into savages by Islam.

Crap.

More useless talk.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by 77up(m): 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:

Because they failed, You also want to follow that path?? You can be the CHANGE
What are you in particular , doing to make the change or you are just showing the picture?
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by eniolorunfe: 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
Intellectual discourse! Love this!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Azzik: 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2023
Kingosytex:
The streets are like that because the residents want it to be like that cheesy
Just take for instance, here on Nairaland some fools are paid a token to spew all sorts of lie and defend the indefensible, there are so many brain dead people around who are comfortable with maintaining the status quo.
I gave an example with Qatar some time ago and some ignorant folks started spewing trash of how Qatar isn't as populated as Nigeria. Is the problem really population? These looters you all call leaders will squander the resources of Qatar in a twinkle of an eye; it's not about population.

Don't mind them.... they should keep supporting corruption over competence.
Many of them are yet to leave the shore of their state talkless of the country.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by nairalanda1(m): 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
blueAgent:

Crap.

Ppl like you are the reason we are 3rd world.

For saying that we should do what the first world does, I am now third world....

Okay.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by nairalanda1(m): 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
Rubbiish:

& u think the money paid as taxes will be put into use by our corrupt leaders? Lol
What are they doing with the budget allocations? You guys are funny..

Why aren't you holding your leaders to account.

Get up and do that. That's how they did in those developed nations you admire, back when many of them were shitholes.

Simple.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:
Dey there dey play! Gov't and their otimpkus will tell you what you're seeing there are 'dividends of democracy'! shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
Then we go online and flaunt all the expensive cars and phones we have, all these things are not even invented by us, we contribute absolute nothing to the world

When I go to the street, I look at how nigeria look, Most of them look malnourished,

People struggling from the day they were born till the day they die

You are one of the very FEW Black Nigerian who have Awakened and Fully Conscious.

Millions of them are still Sleeping and Unconscious.

Hopefully someday, The Continent will get to Experience Massive Awakening and Consciousness!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by omu4364(m): 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2023
Pansophism:

Please list the countries China invaded and looted within the past 5,000 years.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by aklid(m): 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2023
U think if there will be a law to make it better the citizens will abide by it? Nah they won’t they’ll start shouting that the government will kill them the government hates them the government is not for the masses and all sorts of rubbish…
I always say this, we are our own problems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Rubbiish(m): 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

Why aren't you holding your leaders to account.

Get up and do that. That's how they did in those developed nations you admire, back when many of them were shitholes.

Simple.
So u don change mouth?
I thought u said it was lack of tax payment?
So we should hold leaders accountable? Lol
You people are irredeemable, because u are not even willing to face reality. Despite all the embezzlement going on in government, u still have the guts to be posting tax payment? Knowing fully well the budget allocated for projects are looted & not put into use, u still want to extort more from the poor? All the monies abacha & past leaders stashed in foreign banks were allocated for such?

A thief that admits he is a thief is far easier to redeem than one that knows he is a thief, but still shouts on top of his voice.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Timetravel88: 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
Why are we not building cities? Even most part of Lagos and Abuja still look like crap!!

Nigeria has the highest population of black people in the world, It's literally the home of black people!!

And it's saddening that it look like this in 24th century?

We are still in the 21st century

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by blueAgent(m): 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

1.Saudi and Qatar and UAE are where they are because they produce large amounts of oil for countries with very small populations. (Qatar produces nearly 2 million barrels of crude, AND has about 1.1 million people.

2.Singapore does not produce oil, but they lie in a strategic position, which they maximised by reinventing themselves as a manufacturing hub. And as a place for exports to rest of aAsia to pass through.

3.Ditto Malaysia (and Malaysia is not that rich. Go outside KL...there are large poor regions.).

Nigeria can be there if we first get rid of the idea that we all have to rely on oil, start paying sensible taxes, AND transition our economy to a manufacturing exporter.

Lame excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by blueAgent(m): 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2023
Reflect7:

Really? You pea brain.

So if I break into your house and shoot you and steal your property, it means I am smarter and more advanced than you?

Can you see how you reason like a BEAST?

Are you human?

YOU DOG.

How would you fancy someone bursting into your house right now and gunning down you and your entire family, just to take over your house?

OK so, since in your PRIMITIVE BEAST HEAD, MILITARY MIGHT GIVES ONE THE RIGHT TO INVADE AND MASS MURDER OTHER NATIONS, AND LOOT THEIR WEALTH, what stops that from being acceptable today?

Every nation with a powerful army should just get up and attack their neighbour, enslave them and loot their wealth!

Can't you see you are a sick, demented person?

WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU THEY HAVEN'T?

Are you even AFRICAN?

YOU SOUND LIKE ONE OF THESE NASTY AMERICAN racists who come in here pretending to be Nigerian to push their racist anti-black views.

Lemme guess: You think we all live in mud huts like in National GeographIc and Tarzan.

Frigging American AIR HEAD.

So why could Singapore's neighbours like Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Nepal not replicate Singaporean ''magic''? Instead they're worse off than most African countries.

Of course, being an absolute dunce, you haven't the slightest clue.

Singapore is a city-state. Did you know that?

It's not actually a country. It's just an island CITY.

It was made rich because the British made it a hub for trading ships crossing the Pacific from centuries ago. They simply made money from taxing the trade, with which they used to build a city starting over a century ago.

BIG DEAL.

All the African cities apart from South Africa only began to develop after the 1960s, since the colonialists built nothing, and just looted African resources for a century.

So don't expect them to look like Singapore just yet, but many of them look like they are getting pretty close.

The actual babies of this world are the white race, an intensely stupid, shortsighted, greedy, unprincipled race drowned in hypocrisy, for whom the BEASTLY, SAVAGE PRINCIPLE of 'might is right' this very minute, has the world on the precipice of NUCLEAR EXTINCTION.

ONLY THE ALMIGHTY GOD is keeping us alive today.

This very minute these WHITE CRETINS have nuclear missiles capable of destroying all life on Earth many times over POINTING AT EACH OTHER.

They are too stupid to sit down and reach a settlement that ends their CRAZED, DEMENTED nuclear arms race.

Any slight miscalculation and we're all gone! Poof! Just like that!

SO WHO THE fck IS THE BABY OF THE WORLD, YOU BLASTED, INSOLENT TWERP?

Typical low IQ African.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Rubbiish(m): 2:57pm On Sep 07, 2023
nairalanda1:
Funny thing about this thread is that Nigerians want what the Europeans have without making the sacrifices the Europeans make.

All I know is, if we paid something like N100000 per month in council tax..for everyone earning 200000 per month, you will see nice looking cities in Nigeria. The poor would be more invested in seeing their money is spent right, and the leaders won';t dare steal money.

But it is far easier to engage in self flagellation and call black people dull.

Am out.
Shut up & stop being delusional!!!
It is beyond tax payment. If we can't put $10 into good use as a people, then we can't put $1 million to good use, it is that simple! You do not share same mental capacity as the Whites, get that into your head!

Do u know a white man must be on ground to supervise the blackman to build bridges & roads uptill date? Despite the years of training, we are still unable to build a bridge without their supervision? What does that tell u? That's how low our IQ is compared to theirs. You supervised what u are better than. All u are saying here, even the English u are using, u learnt from the white man. You'd probably be in the bushes by now hunting animals if not for the white man.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by patrickkkk: 2:57pm On Sep 07, 2023
Rubbiish:

So u don change mouth?
I thought u said it was lack of tax payment?
So we should hold leaders accountable? Lol
You people are irredeemable, because u are not even willing to face reality. Despite all the embezzlement going on in government, u still have the guts to be posting tax payment? Knowing fully well the budget allocated for projects are looted & not put into use, u still want to extort more from the poor? All the monies abacha & past leaders stashed in foreign banks were allocated for such?

A thief that admits he is a thief is far easier to redeem than one that knows he is a thief, but still shouts on top of his voice.

Until we face reality in this country we aren't moving anywhere!!! Corruption is a deadly virus that disallow anything to grow. Until we tame it to the bearest minimal level like the advanced countries we aren't moving anywhere..

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Bashnigga(m): 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2023
Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Rubbiish(m): 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2023
Reinaldo:

Have you seen any development with the taxes paid so far? Stop deceiving yourselves. People are willing to pay taxes in those regions because their systems work and there is transparency.
Exactly!
People like him are part of the problem

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Timetravel88: 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2023
SmartPolician:

Black Africans have low IQ. We can choose to deny that, but facts are facts. The Black Africans lack innovation. That explains why Nigeria hasn't made appreciable progress since 60 years after independence.

Completely agree, we are the baboons of the civilized world. Look at South Africa for instance, it's on steady decline since the black man came to power. Crime and all manner of malfeasance has eroded the sanity and architectural splendor which the white man created for the country to prosper.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by blueAgent(m): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
igwebuike01:

Why all the cursing? No paved road in your pictures. Meanwhile, it's a painting from imagination

Lol...as usual the blackman greatest achievement ate all imaginations.
Wakanda
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2023
HarryGleb:
If the British are still ruling Nigeria it would have been better than what we have now.

I agree with you in terms of infrastructure, human development and technology. You go to places like Marina, yaba etc where the whites resided. Those structures and roads they built are still standing but the ones we build by ourselves doesn't stand stand the test of 10 to 15 yrs and they are already collapsing. Take a look at drainage system for example ...those ones doesn't even last up to ten years and they are already collapsing and filled with trash. God really help blacks.

A black man will collect a contract of 1 billion to tard a road, believe me he will only spend about 300mil. and the rest will go into his swizz account. If a casting was supposed to use 10 bags of cement as seen on the qoutation submitted, they end up using 4 bags. This i have witnessed myself and when the agency to investigate the contract arrive, they quickly take them to somewhere private and hand them a brown envelope, and that's the end. We are actually our own problem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by HighTable(m): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2023
I think something really happened to Africa that made us so backward in rebuilding our civilization. I don't buy into popular history of the black people. It seems to me that once a upon a time the black race was the most powerful on the planet and the whites were castaways and perhaps some cataclysm ended that era, and the whites somehow get ahead perhaps favoured by some cycles and times or by sheer manipulation. Then the history gets rewritten by the whites to favour themselves and make the blacks look like the cursed/castaways and then to complete the take over they gave us their practices to completely make us forget and abandon our ways and thus the slavery was completed. And so from chains and shackles we transitioned to a prison of the mind.

SmartPolician:

This is soooo brutal! grin

The truth is that everyone doesn't have the same mental capacity; I found out in the university. In school, some of us read to learn.

However, I was shocked when I met a course mate who could cram the text of an entire page of a textbook and reproduce it without looking at the page word for word. I am not kidding. God knows that I cannot do that. He graduated with 4.23. He nearly made a first class.

Meeting that guy exposed me to the fact that there are things one can never be, no matter how much one tries. Humans are not the same. Humans don't have the same mental capacity. Genetic makeups differentiate races. For Black Africans to come close to Caucasians in mental capacity, we have to invest massively in education.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by 1Sharon(f): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2023
Love800:
Pls which are the carribean countries?
Which continent are they located too.

The Caribbean is a region on its own. Just under North America.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by blueAgent(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2023
soundOsonic:

Calm down bro, an a[b]verage Nigerians is by far more intelligent than an average Americans.[/b]
Don't take my word for it, Nigerians are more successful than every other race in USA, check the data...
Your logic is flawed, the disparity is the system, you might say it is still thesame black that controls that system, you are wrong.
Our system is still controlled by our masters.

Our economy is still controlled by a currency that isn't even ours, dollars, our resources are been taken by them, how we act against terrorism is still determined by our masters.

How we think and see ourselves is dependent of these same people. Where are these corrupt government spending our money?
Do you think our masters don't know these money spent on their land are from corruption?

They select puppet to make our system what it is, think no normal human will see his house in damage or poor state and not fix it.

Keep fooling yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by blueAgent(m): 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2023
capetownboyz:
Mehn everyone is riddled up with emotions ,it’s well but for real growing up in this system and seeing no change in sight makes it all worst for an African( Nigerian) ..The white see the good in development while the blacks ask why do we need development ! It not like my next door neighbor have any use for it ,it will be better I go to places that are more developed and enjoy the resources myself ..more reason you see Nigerians leaving in droves cause no one seems to understand how to tackle and develop this system..I will still maintain my stand and i will say it clearly a country like Nigeria shouldn’t have been coined together..white are evil and Africa is a cesspit of project to them ..we don’t have absolute control of our thoughts and they defeated us by starting with religion, waiting on God’s miracle before we start thinking right for ourselves ..Our creator somewhere must be laughing at us and the stupidity that we exhibit among his creations ..we lack foresight.

My friend shutup if you have nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Chetas81(m): 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2023
Ladyclara002:
If you ask me,na who i go ask?
We are suffering bro
something to do with Mentality
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yewit37486: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
Blakjewelry:

You guys can't discuss Nigeria without insult and curses? Criticism should be constructive. Discussions should highlights the problem and present a solution. Now back to the to topic, the major cause of the problem is the local government which are not closer to the grassroot, they are not functional. Most of the so call local government chairs don't even know why they are there, no town planning no single activity, even streetlights done by state governors, other bodies in some local government are left to rot. I think the local government also need more funding we should also hold the local government chairs more accountable because they are largely been ignored by us.

Well said.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Love800(m): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
Ok
1Sharon:

The Caribbean is a region on its own. Just under North America.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yewit37486: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
ovcwality:
op you have a very low IQ, even if they give you Nigeria to govern for 100 years it will not change, because you don't have any solutions. And stop lieing, African countries with a good GDP per Capita have good roads, I followed an Indian they were amazed how the roads were nice, is only when they start reaching Cameroun to western Africa that the roads become horrible again. And all the Caribbean countries with good GDP are neat because the depend on tourism. I have never been there but I have seen some on YouTube, either you have a very low IQ or something must be wrong with your brain

Don't mind him. Let them put him in power for 20 years and check again. Armchair critics turn out to be the worst leaders most times. If you notice, he didn't proffer a single solution.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by blueAgent(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
yemmit90:

May God bless you abundantly sir.

Our self centered and egocentric culture/tradition will never make us progress. A typical black man care not about his fellow man or society but himself alone. He is so wicked, materialistic and lack foresight. He only want to be above everyone, he only want to be worship by others, he would rather deprived his fellow men their privilege at home and takes all the fortunes to somewhere else to enjoy alone.

Like you have rightly said, civilization was probably forced on us because it amaze me how you will loot all resources meant for development of your home or your people and take it to another man's land to enjoy alone with your immediate family.

Crap.
But they have collective will to loot and rig elections?

Abeg Park well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by blueAgent(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

For saying that we should do what the first world does, I am now third world....

Okay.

You are saying rubbish.

Nigeria raises more than enough taxes to have good infrastructure.
The problem is low IQ.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by 1Sharon(f): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2023
oweniwe:

Why the emphasis on churches only? Is Christianity the only religion in Nigeria? The church is not responsible for the state of bad roads in the country. Churches build roads too. Just that there isn't much publicity about it.

Winners Chapel has offered to fix the entire length of the Sango Ota roads. The govt refused.

Who is responsible for building & fixing roads in Nigeria? It's the government

It's a matter of "Responsibility".

Is it right for a neighbor who is struggling to make ends meet to be feeding the children of rich next door neighbors whose parents are squandering their income on prostitutes, fancy laces and jeweleries and clubbing while their children are starving at home? It's not right. The most you as a good neighbor is to give the kids what you can afford once in a while. Let the parents wake up to their responsibility

So to say individuals and religious organizations should be building roads is very wrong in the first place. PEOPLE ARE PAYING TAXES & LEVIES FOR A REASON.

Do the governments abroad that built build beautiful roads & streets have two heads? Let the Nigerian governments sit up to their responsibility

The government has already shown you multiple times that they don't care about you. They have left Nigerians to their devices.

Calling on the government, just seems like a cop out.

If Nigerians can regularly buy aso ebi, the recent phones, monthly tithes. They can pool their income together with their community and sort out bad lighting, bad roads.

There is no community spirit and everybody is out for themselves.

As I said before, what people spend on and prioritise shows the kind of person they are.

Nigerians as a collective will rather chase a fantasy than deal with reality on ground. It's their form of escapism.

Nigeria produces the richest pastors in the world, but the general populace is poor.

How is this happening?

No society can ever be successful without the basic institutions in order.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.