Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? (71995 Views)

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2023
icankel:
Every Nigerian streets is also a market. Because no Industry or company to work rather Churches and markets everywhere. Someone will spend 5yrs in sch then start looking for money to start up foodstuffs business and so on

Azin you will see many supposed mediocre educated illiterates erecting Many Shops in front of their houses. Plenty Shops on both Side of the Roads.

Everywhere will just be Crowded and Jam Parked.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Davidtalo121: 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2023
sukkot:
It’s a spiritual problem. You have to understand that while we are all humans but yet humans are created in 2 polarities. There is the north polarity humans aka caucasians and then there is the south polarity humans aka black peoples . Every other race on the planet is just spectating . The cosmic war by the creators of the universe is between the black and the white race. So when one is up the other has to be down. They can’t both be up at the same time . So the frequency of information is allocated to one side , that frequency only syncs with Caucasian souls and that frequency programs your soul to reason like a first world citizen and increases your IQ and makes you very creative and innovative. However this frequency of information is put on a time clock which coincides with when the royal star ingresses into another house, usually about 2000 plus years after which that frequency of information runs out and then the minds of the people of that race regresses back into the dark ages and from then on till their first world infrastructure collapses and decays is another 200 years after which they start building haphazardly like primitive third wold people with no structure or arrangement. And so what you see with negros took 2000 years to get to that level of decay and haphazard building structure and primitive lifestyle after we lost that frequency of information. However we happen to be living at an important time . That royal star ingressed in 2012 meaning the white man has lost that frequency of information. What you have now is a weird concoction of devolved Neanderthal dark ages mindset in the midst of first world infrastructure but give the white man snother 100 years and all his countries would have fully devolved to 3rd class status because AS ABOVE SO BELOW meaning you can only give what you have. If your mind has devolved to animal like state it’s only a matter of time before your environment starts looking like a pigsty
Look at this rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by MeineMutter: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
I've been to 15 states in Nigeria my whole life, and one thing I always notice is, Untarred roads, Lack of drainage system, Lack of proper planning e.t.c

Which always make me curious, Why does everywhere in Nigeria look like it got hit by a nuclear bomb? Why? Why don't we have modern streets and cities!!

Since the inception of Nigeria, I Don't think we have built any city, And please don't even mention Banana island, It's a piece of crap!!

It's sad that only about 3% of Nigeria is actually developed and the other 97% is just straight up piece of trash!!

It’s a sign of poverty and corruption.
For the fact that we do anything on pay-as-you-go basis (prepaid), instead of on credit basis (post-paid), Nigerians cannot afford latest things or modern or recent things.

Doing everything with every cash we have is making us not to be able to afford better things.

The modern society you see abroad is a credit-driven society. That’s why their things are new, neat, and recent. That’s why they are less corrupt.

You can buy (e.g.) latest Toyota RAV4 2024, a better house, etc once you have a credible source of income, abroad.

That’s why they are less corrupt because what they may want to steal public money to buy is easy for them to get in shops on credit.

Once you are not corrupt because you can afford better life, you will do better infrastructure for your people anytime you are a civil servant or a public office holder.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
litaninja:
A visiting foreign colleague visiting lagos said everywhere looked like a b*ombing raid just finished. The only place he had seen similar levels of decay was in iraq.

Apocalypse Filthy decayed City filled with Thirsty Zombeesgrin
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Midastorch(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
This is what New York look like in the 1870s

And it's pretty sad that most Nigeria street don't look as organized as this even after 153 years apart!

The United Nations undersecretary General Counter terrorism Office VLADIMIR VORONKOV was in Abuja last week and he affirmed that Abuja is indeed neater than New York.. His PA seconded the motion... Dey there dey bad mouth Nigeria...
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Mummyimbecile(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2023
In the early 2000s, when my Uncke brought his kids home from the US, his last born who was about 8 years old didn't like to come out.

He said that Nigeria is a porto-porto country, I can remember the first day they arrived at our house and there was a power outage, The little boy was shouting and crying asking what was happening, and we all laughed including his dad.

You won't blame the little boy, power outage is something he hasn't experienced since he was born.

If you travel to the West, you will think Nigeria is cursed(but it is not), it's just bad leaders. Even from the airport, you will receive a cool breeze that will tell you that you have just entered a country and not a CORNTRY.

We just have to do better in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

The worst street in the US state of Connecticut where I reside is 100 times better than what I'm seeing in these pics.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2023
Davidtalo121:

Look at this rubbish

Some people ehn

After smoking their Colorado or Loud finish in their Scanty Apartments.

Na to Login to Cyberspace con dey type Nonsense remaingrin
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by PureNigerDeltan(m): 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2023
capetownboyz:
stupid tribalist, your destruction is near i assure you.useless black man.
How am I a tribalist?? Here no resemble South East?
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Eagba(m): 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2023
ovcwality:
op you have a very low IQ, even if they give you Nigeria to govern for 100 years it will not change, because you don't have any solutions. And stop lieing, African countries with a good GDP per Capita have good roads, I followed an Indian they were amazed how the roads were nice, is only when they start reaching Cameroun to western Africa that the roads become horrible again. And all the Caribbean countries with good GDP are neat because the depend on tourism. I have never been there but I have seen some on YouTube, either you have a very low IQ or something must be wrong with your brain
you be just area scatter without sense
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LegacyB: 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Bigchristo:
Grow up and stop being pained, if you’re not feeling guilty of something there’s no way you will invest so much energy trying to banta me, just rest Abeg 😂😂😂
Hmmm your tantrums kinda funny. I hope you take your own advise. Being Pained? Lol you’re really incomprehensible.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Chamberlain100: 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
Those collecting tokens to spew all sort of lies so as to defend this government will meet their Waterloo. Because they thrive on evil

quote author=Kingosytex post=125618974]The streets are like that because the residents want it to be like that cheesy
Just take for instance, here on Nairaland some fools are paid a token to spew all sorts of lie and defend the indefensible, there are so many brain dead people around who are comfortable with maintaining the status quo.
I gave an example with Qatar some time ago and some ignorant folks started spewing trash of how Qatar isn't as populated as Nigeria. Is the problem really population? These looters you all call leaders will squander the resources of Qatar in a twinkle of an eye; it's not about population.[/quote]
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Eagba(m): 8:11pm On Sep 07, 2023
oweniwe:

I initially felt like to reply your tirade likewise but on a second thought, I guess I'll refrain.

I'll give you just one example.

You must have read in the news about cement being cheaper in other countries than Nigeria. Even David Umahi was complaining about it in the news.

Are the machines used for construction made in Nigeria? They're imported. Steel rods are imported. Even fuel is imported. Then you add the importers profits.

Now ask poor Nigerian villagers to contribute money to build road. It's not a fair comparison.

In china, USA, they have all the machines needed there so they can afford to build a road in a week. But here, in some cases, the contractor have to wait over 5 months to ship the equipment from abroad, clear at the ports before transporting to site.

Cement and steel for road construction are cheaper abroad too.

Look at Dangote refinary. If it were in China or USA our even India, maximum 2 years they have finished it because all the equipment needed can be easily made there. But being here in Nigeria, almost everything in refinary has to be shipped from abroad. ... Then when you add unstable exchange rate....naira from about 250/ dollar to current 900/$

Now ask yourself again if it is Fair to compare Nigeria purchasing power with developed countries purchasing power. It's definitely a very unfair comparison
ok no vex, but you are wrong. I studied some villages in Netherlands and found out that it's not about the money, but just the shear will to be organized. Judging by what you said, even banana island with all the wealth is still a slum or not united. Banana island as it is have no economy, no organized free medical health system, no well followed building code. Etc everybody doing his own thing like cockroaches

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
Kingosytex:
The streets are like that because the residents want it to be like that cheesy
Just take for instance, here on Nairaland some fools are paid a token to spew all sorts of lie and defend the indefensible, there are so many brain dead people around who are comfortable with maintaining the status quo.
I gave an example with Qatar some time ago and some ignorant folks started spewing trash of how Qatar isn't as populated as Nigeria. Is the problem really population? These looters you all call leaders will squander the resources of Qatar in a twinkle of an eye; it's not about population.

Exactly!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Raydos: 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
Midastorch:

The United Nations undersecretary General Counter terrorism Office VLADIMIR VORONKOV was in Abuja last week and he affirmed that Abuja is indeed neater than New York.. His PA seconded the motion... Dey there dey bad mouth Nigeria...

Them dey do Oju-Aye grin grin

If them tell you the truth, Una fit call am racism! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
It's so sad that over 10 trillion dollars has been stolen since the inception of Nigeria

That huge amount could transform any serious country from the worst to the best in just a decade, Are we really cursed as a people? I've been to other Africa streets too, They also suffer from the same bullsh*t, What is wrong with us as a race?

Someone said if Nigerians Moved to America and Americans move to Nigeria, In just 5 years America will be messed up and Nigeria will become a thriving nation

Are we cursed?

Seems we are! Because it is only cursed people who vote on religious and tribal sentiments!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
This is not only in Nigeria, This applies to every African countries,

Anywhere you see a white person, There are 97% chances that the place will be organized and clean

But anywhere you see a Black person, There are 100% chances it's gonna be a slum

Even far out of African down to the carribeans which is mostly habited by black people, It's also sh*thole, Even the most dangerous and dirty part of America are where black people live, they call it "HOOD

Exactly!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2023
HarryGleb:
If the British are still ruling Nigeria it would have been better than what we have now.

Exactly! Even though I hate to admit this! See South Africa.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by oweniwe(m): 8:23pm On Sep 07, 2023
Eagba:
. Banana island as it is have no economy, no organized free medical health system, no well followed building code. Etc

Banana island residents will see themselves as too big to do all that grin

Which health system? When they can fly abroad to see doctor? grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
otokx:
OP says the truth.

Abi
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Banbanna(m): 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
HarryGleb:
If the British are still ruling Nigeria it would have been better than what we have now.
True that👏👍. I have always thought that if a Referendum for the Recolonization of Nigeria by the Brits is ever mooted, I'd scramble to the frontrow to cast my YES vote. Because this is a far cry from the Nigeria that our heroes past dreamt of. This self rule so far has been more or less like self exploitation/degradation.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
9japride:
People who can happily vote in bad leaders shouldn't expect much in terms of organized cities
Imagine those nairaland resident zom.bies with their kind of wicked hearts, how can such people who are in large number in the society ever think of developing a good city?

Exactly especially on tribal and religious sentiments! The worst will continue to govern with this! See Nigeria currently and the usurper there.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
yemmit90:

China has over 1 billion population, one should've been expecting poor Chinese men to be sleeping on the street but guess what, China has many ghost cities with massive beautiful structure. I was astonished the day I watched the documentary.

Here in Nigeria or Africa, some don't even have where to rest their heads, let alone having a ghost city where massive beautiful structures are unoccupied.

Do you know how many flats of modern houses 100 billions naira can build? But here in Nigeria, a single politician or military officer can loot that amount and clean mouth. Blacks are synonymous to evils, and should be living among the beasts.

You got it right! They are part of the reasons I have stopped going to church in a long time as it doesn't even reflect in their lives they go. The stealing men of God and politicians and the wicked civil servants who fix people's sweat mostly go to church. So, basically it is a waste of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
colp2015:
If you swap all Nigerians for Americans in California, Texas, and New York, Nigeria would develop rapidly in less than 6 months but California, Texas, and New York would become a jungle.

The black race in Africa is flawed by constitution.

A woman traveled to America on a visitor's visa. She was taken out on a sight seeing trip.

They were driving on I-75 Highway in North Dallas when the woman sighed and said, "na wa oh, everybody just dey drive New cars here..." the driver replied: "you can buy any car of your choice by credit facility.."

The woman exclaimed and said: " how then do you distinguish the rich from the poor?" The man replied: "you can't know by their cars because anyone with a job can buy anything on credit and pay monthly to maintain a good quality of life."

The woman said - to her shame - "I can't live in this country where everybody is equal."

The story above depicts the mental frame of many black people who grow up in Africa.

God and angels have very little regard, if any, for the black race in Africa.

You see that woman's statement? That is all you need to know!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
nnamdi640:
Wickedness and hatred for their fellow won't allow the country to develop. How will a country that practice nepotism, tribalism and above all hypocrisy grow? "The beauty of a country is the mindset of the people living in it" quoted by Christian Nworisa

Exactly!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
NFBI:
We will get sense after a millennium

Or never which is more likely imo.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2023
Highlife217:

This is the correct answer. Idiots would rather support a crooked politician that is of their tribe, then vote for a skilled politician of another, then wonder why they live in a shythole.

You got it right!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2023
VaselineCrew:
What do you mean you “think” Africans have low IQ?

Don’t you mean the lowest??

Check the chart below

They are definitely not lying!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2023
VaselineCrew:
Sometimes I want to give up, cause the amount of insane people in Nigeria is just too much.

There is this movie I watched were the guy was transported to future america and everyone was stupid.

So stupid that they couldn’t figure out why the plants couldn’t grow, as they were using a sports drink to water the plants instead of water.

Difference is, even in their stupidity, they still had enough brain cells to hire the guy that suggested they use water instead of sports drink.

In Nigeria, they would simply laugh at the guy.

I gave up on this country a few years after I returned back to this country. Now I am at a level of indifference with what has happened to me this year!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2023
VaselineCrew:
Sometimes I want to give up, cause the amount of insane people in Nigeria is just too much.

There is this movie I watched were the guy was transported to future america and everyone was stupid.

So stupid that they couldn’t figure out why the plants couldn’t grow, as they were using a sports drink to water the plants instead of water.

Difference is, even in their stupidity, they still had enough brain cells to hire the guy that suggested they use water instead of sports drink.

Abi o at the last statement. A curve ball for you, if he is now not from their tribe, they will reject his solution and prefer to wallow in their stupidity.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by radautoworks: 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2023
VaselineCrew:

Idiocracy is a classic movie lol. Using Gatorade to water plants because the company trying to increase profits told them it was great. Crazy part is the guy who went to the future wasn't even smart, he was the definition of average lol
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Piddo(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2023
Its called poorverty
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by radautoworks: 8:50pm On Sep 07, 2023
Mindlog:

Reality is that 20 years from now, more of such images of neighbourhoods would spring up.

I regularly do google street views of neighbourhoods I knew as a child and as an adolescent, most of what I see is environmental degradation, neighbourhood renewal is non existent and majority are not even bothered as they are stuck at the base of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, have no capacity to mentally process the cesspit many of those neighbourhoods represents.
FINALLY someone recognized Maslow. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.