Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? (72002 Views)

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Raydos: 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
qtx:

Which country did u just come from?

Switzerland
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Dshocker(m): 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
I'm starting to believe recently that we actually do have a low IQ!

We need a IQ test, Anyone whose IQ is below 100 should not be allowed close to governance!!

We can't be living like this in this modern day

And u still voted APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Sheriman(m): 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2023
chisupport:
That's why I laugh when I see some people boasting about how developed the south east is..and how developed Lagos and Abuja are .
Every So called City or town in Nigeria is a mess.

It's an indication of how stupid Africans are šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

From Abia to Zamfara
From Enugu to Lagos
From Oyo to Calabar
From port Harcourt to Lokoja
From Owerri to Abuja....

We don't have cities...No planning , No drainages, No proper road network..Just Buildings littered everywhere.

šŸ˜€šŸ˜€
Visit their so call over hype estate they are building up and down you will see that their is no planning of how a modern society should look like. No proper drainage system during raining season everywhere will become mess, no secluded reserve place for school, public library, hospital, market, shopping mall, recreational centre, pedestrian way, public garage for cars. Nothing of these. Na just to dey build 150Million homes up and down.
Black people!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by KnownUnknown: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
LegacyB:

You have a point though. But thereā€™s more to why we arenā€™t developed. E.g Corruption of theColonial masters and our own leaders.

I mentioned that. There is also the compounding effect of poor education, religiousity, and superstitions.

An example is the wife of the governor of Lagos who is allegedly an educated doctor but attributed the death of a person in a faulty elevator to ā€œarrows being firedā€. The country is filled with people like her from top to bottom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Dogalmighty17: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
VaselineCrew:
Sometimes I want to give up, cause the amount of insane people in Nigeria is just too much.

There is this movie I watched were the guy was transported to future america and everyone was stupid.

So stupid that they couldnā€™t figure out why the plants couldnā€™t grow, as they were using a sports drink to water the plants instead of water.

Difference is, even in their stupidity, they still had enough brain cells to hire the guy that suggested they use water instead of sports drink.

In Nigeria, they would simply laugh at the guy.

The movie is called Idiocrazy. President Mountain Dew Camancho right?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Pandev(m): 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:

I like people like you, straight to the fact!

This is a fact that 99% blacks don't wanna accept, Their only comeback is "They steal our resources" which still solidify the fact that they outsmart us at everything even at what we know how to do best "STEALING"
so after admitting that you have low IQ, why wailing again?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
They just brought up buildings to block fresh air and make new prison cells and to collect rent, no good planning.

And that is modern infrastructure for low IQ Persons. grin grin

And they love their exotic prisons. cheesy cheesy Ohh look at their streets, like its a war zone.
Sheriman:

Visit their so call over hype estate they are building up and down you will see that their is no planning of how a modern society should look like. No proper drainage system during raining season everywhere will become mess, no secluded reserve place for school, public library, hospital, market, shopping mall, recreational centre, pedestrian way, public garage for cars. Nothing of these. Na just to dey build 150Million homes up and down.
Black people!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by goldenchild03: 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2023
Because this is Nigeria! grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Reference(m): 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2023
Man cultures his environment and his environment controls him. As a man thinketh in his heart so are his streets.

On those roads and through those alleys will billion naira cars proudly drive and excuse givers will say and I quote, 'afterall oyinbo sef dey do safari'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by otipoju(m): 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2023
SmartPolician:

This is soooo brutal! grin

The truth is that everyone doesn't have the same mental capacity; I found out in the university. In school, some of us read to learn.

However, I was shocked when I met a course mate who could cram the text of an entire page of a textbook and reproduce it without looking at the page word for word. I am not kidding. God knows that I cannot do that. He graduated with 4.23. He nearly made a first class.

Meeting that guy exposed me to the fact that there are things one can never be, no matter how much one tries. Humans are not the same. Humans don't have the same mental capacity. Genetic makeups differentiate races. For Black Africans to come close to Caucasians in mental capacity, we have to invest massively in education.

Many years back when I wrote Jamb, there was a guy who said he only had to look at the page of a book and his brain will take a photograph of it and so any exposure he could easily reproduce in the exam hall.

Such guys are good for courses that do not require critical thinking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2023
grin, look at the streets, like its a war zone.

Sometimes the streets look like a graveyards, or a place for discarding waste. So could be, as a man thinketh so his environment or as the environment, so a man thinketh.

And dont tell me, until Nigerians, hear the realities then they think they are insulted, and then they want to revenge, like a man who cannot think too, or they will do emergency lamentations on how to make better cities. grin grin grin grin grin

Reference:
Man cultures his environment and his environment controls him. As a man thinketh in his heart so are his streets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by CodeTemplar: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2023
Most cities around were settlement before they evolved unplanned into cities. No proper town planning.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by ANSMEDIA: 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2023
Replicating Awka millennium city in other Nigerian cities is what will save Nigerian outlook.

Awka millennium city is a smart city and it being built with the most modern facilities than any other place in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Bigchristo: 12:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
LegacyB:

Yes I agree ure arrogant and dirty. Donā€™t forget you said most Nigerians and I know youā€™re a Nigerian.
Dirty fellow!
Hahahaha e pain am, I am a Nigerian living in Diaspora so keep your banta inside your pocket šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by cyrusmillz: 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2023
juman:
Jagaban is the answer.

Ara awon were alasho tan so niyi grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Akerele44(m): 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
Why are we not building cities? Even most part of Lagos and Abuja still look like crap!!

Nigeria has the highest population of black people in the world, It's literally the home of black people!!

And it's saddening that it look like this in 24th century?

No regional planning from the past and many lands are own by families not government thats where the fault came from unlike other developed european contries
Governments owns every land
Thats why itā€™s easy for them to build cities
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2023
smiley tur
Akerele44:

No regional planning from the past and many lands are own by families not government thats where the fault came from unlike other developed european contries
Governments owns every land
Thats why itā€™s easy for them to build cities
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Angelfrost(m): 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2023
yemmit90:
For Nigeria to have beautiful and organised cities, the right to build structures or buy land must be remove from individuals. Real Estate or construction companies should be the only organisations mandated by law to do so. Flexible Mortgage system must be introduce by banks, government and other financial houses. We are just wasting spaces in the name of building individuals houses, a single condo can accommodate a whole street in some localities. Would it not make sense if 50 people buy a flat each in a building than making useless structures on 50 plots of land or more. No individual or family should be allow to own more than 3 bedroom apartment or duplex if you are rich enough.

By this development, it will be very easy for investors to invest in a massive modern buildings and condos. This will also curb corruption to a greater extent as most of the loots are being spent on properties.

This is the most beautiful comment I have read in a while... The simple truth laid out bare.

This is what I expect to see on Nairaland, not idiots celebrating a Tribunal hearing like it is a monumental achievement.

This thread is what front page should look like.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by 7demons: 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
It's so sad that over 10 trillion dollars has been stolen since the inception of Nigeria

That huge amount could transform any serious country from the worst to the best in just a decade, Are we really cursed as a people? I've been to other Africa streets too, They also suffer from the same bullsh*t, What is wrong with us as a race?

Someone said if Nigerians Moved to America and Americans move to Nigeria, In just 5 years America will be messed up and Nigeria will become a thriving nation

Are we cursed?
You're right bro. Been to close to 5 sub-saharan countries, all look the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Sunnyski: 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
That's in Brown Roof Republic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
There should be sufficient paths for air circulation. I bet you that does not meet minimum standards, though i am no expert.

Why do people die from using generators.

ANSMEDIA:
Replicating Awka millennium city in other Nigerian cities is what will save Nigerian outlook.

Awka millennium city is the only smart city built with modern facilities in Nigeria.

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Backpedal: 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
LegacyB:

Dumb actually. Go back to history.
ok
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2023
There should be sufficient paths for air circulation

[quote author=SeriouslySense post=125640578][/quote]
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Samdeejay100(m): 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2023
Naijaboy18:

Lol Iā€™ve always said this. The Asians learned and picked it up so quick. Hell even the Middle East after all the war is actually looking decent now. I think weā€™re lazy. The most embarrassing is the way Iā€™ve seen us act in the airport in Lagos. Like this is an international airport with no working ac the airport officials bribing people for money. Itā€™s so embarrassing. Other races that come just donā€™t say anything out of pity but itā€™s really really embarrassing.

Seriously, I met one indian man that said anything that will not pass the immigration office in india, just arrange 1k put for ground, it will successful pass Nigerian airport, I felt like crying, but that's the truth, we have rotten for top to bottom....
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by olaztek(m): 12:54pm On Sep 07, 2023
The most painful thing for me is that we are too dirty. Our streets, roads and gutters are filled with trash. No effective public trash organising system.

Till the day we start to see our roads and streets as extension of our private rooms, we will never get it right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by lucky4west: 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
It's so sad that over 10 trillion dollars has been stolen since the inception of Nigeria

That huge amount could transform any serious country from the worst to the best in just a decade, Are we really cursed as a people? I've been to other Africa streets too, They also suffer from the same bullsh*t, What is wrong with us as a race?

Someone said if Nigerians Moved to America and Americans move to Nigeria, In just 5 years America will be messed up and Nigeria will become a thriving nation

Are we cursed?
...you are right, the curse that was placed on Ham by Noah is at work among the black race, he is the father of Nimrod, the father cush, ethiopia, egypt etc...i can give you more bro but this is not the time but we can discuss further if you wish...blacks every where are the same, take haiti for instance the only country with 100 percent black population outside Africa dem get the same problem...this is a well researched topic both in secular knowledge and Biblical...facts yapa if you want it deeper

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by GeneralDae: 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

I get what you're saying, but the issue is a bit more nuanced than you put it! There's a lot to consider like slavery, colonialism, neo-colonialism, and the psychological damage that comes along with all this! But black Africans haven't helped themselves.....as we see being played out presently in Nigeria!
Well presently in Nigeria, Tinubu is the best out of the top three contestants. You would soon see.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2023
Are you building a lovely prison, dear.

Man and his environment, how does his environment inspire his creativity.

Alright, great, you have tried. Don't revenge for me, no anger alright. grin grin grin

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by CUMIN: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2023
Austineva:
Cos it's a ZOO grin grin grin where Animals rule and live

What animal is your mother.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by GiftEno123(f): 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2023
What do you expect?
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin laugh out
GiftEno123:
What do you expect?
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Raydos: 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2023
lucky4west:
...you are right, the curse that was placed on Ham by Noah is at work among the black race, he is the father of Nimrod, the father cush, ethiopia, egypt etc...i can give you more bro but this is not the time but we can discuss further if you wish...blacks every where are the same, take haiti for instance the only country with 100 percent black population outside Africa dem get the same problem...this is a well researched topic both in secular knowledge and Biblical...facts yapa if you want it deeper

The saddest part is, Black people don't wanna talk about this, they hate taking accountability!! They are always playing the victim card!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.