Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,542 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? (71901 Views)

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by antibullshit: 10:09am On Sep 08, 2023
TheSuperX:
This is nothing but the fact, you just described an African man. 😂
Not true . Africans have their flaws but you have a serious case of colonial mentality !
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by eleniyan2020: 11:14am On Sep 08, 2023
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

No vex, keep voting funny characters.
thank you!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:30am On Sep 08, 2023
eleniyan2020:
okay sir!

kastina is the best state in the country for producing two presidents in recent times..

Right?..
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by eleniyan2020: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:

kastina is the best state in the country for producing two presidents in recent times..

Right?..
president coming from your region does not make you best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:50am On Sep 08, 2023
Raydos:

Better streets built by the whites??, Since blacks took over power, the infrastructure is now dilapidated, Johannesburg is one of the most dangerous cities in the world!!
is dangerous, is still better than any nigerian city,
some places in nigeria are also dangerous,
we needs white to come and take over 9ja one more time,
Nigerian political system has been filled with tribalism, Godfatherism , corruption and embezzlement etc, no hope for the youth, how many percent of Nigerian youth below 40 years of recent can afford to buy a land and build a one storey building ,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by ZombiePUNISHER: 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2023
eleniyan2020:
president coming from your region does not make you best!

hmmmm ...
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by PrincessDiana: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
Interesting discussion.....

However, I disagree with the majority of the comments (not in a sublime way), though I agree that our (black race) issues are partly due to colonialism and subsequent identity erosion.
Basically, if you don't know who you are, you will never know what sets you apart from the next man.
According to the Freudian concept of the superego where he suggests that human behavior is influenced by unconscious memories, thoughts, and urges. The black race have yet to collectively realise who they are.
Our leaders focus on money and material wealth that are not even produced by their people. They believe more in foreign investors than local companies. They disparage their own people and cart away the collective wealth of their nations while cavorting with their former slave masters.
It should definitely boggle the mind since such actions defy logic.
Which is where the Freudian theory comes into play.
"This theory also proposes that the psyche comprises three aspects: the id, ego, and superego. The id is entirely unconscious, while the ego operates in the conscious mind. The superego operates both unconsciously and consciously." (Copied).

So where there is a psychological disconnect within the psyche due to vacuos existence, then the individual will act in ways that are antithetical to rational objectivity.

Having disorganised cities, poverty and bad leadership are the effects, not the cause of our problems. There is a reason why developed nations invest heavily in research, education and information dissemination. It is because they understand that the human starts from the psyche. Controlling a human without understanding his base instincts or knowing how to manipulate them will always cater more to his elusive essence.

When we understand the importance of the above, that is when we as a people start to generate wealth, feed ourselves, largely provide our own needs and lastly choose better leaders that represent who we truly are.
Beautiful cities and well maintained infrastructure will become the effects of these positive subliminal state of mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by eleniyan2020: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:

hmmmm ...
yes,but I still don't understand why a region wanted other regions to vote for there own candidate!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by onojaford(m): 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2023
Raydos:
I'm starting to believe recently that we actually do have a low IQ!

We need a IQ test, Anyone whose IQ is below 100 should not be allowed close to governance!!

We can't be living like this in this modern day
The average IQ of the Nigerian mass, I'd speculate to be around 78, which is actually a disability. It's evident in our public suffering.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by emmaodet: 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2023
Raalsalghul:
Take a look at your fingers, are they equal.

Go through that picture of a wedding you were at the last time, you can see different individuals of varying heights.

Same way, in a class of students, there are the top students and bottom.

Life and the universe we know is not designed to have everything in it uniform.

This principles also applies to the human race where it seems like the Whites/South-East Asians are leading in science, technology and development while the black race is still struggling to provide 24 hours electricity.

Yes, we have a low I.Q and reasoning, still leave like animals and behind everyone else.

I don't see it as something you overthink neither is it your fault that you belong to the species with the lowest brain capacity.

It's just one of those life mysteries we cannot solve: nothing on earth or the universe is meant to be the same, equal, uniform, operating at the same capacity thanks to a number of factors.

Just my theory.

Cc: Emmaodet.

You raised good points bro but then, I don't think we need to have high IQ to have atleast a decent society.

The Arabs are not even that smart to me. They are more like we Africans but they realized their weakness and outsource it to those who are better than them.
I believe we can do that too.
If we can't build refineries, outsource it to Germans. E no dey kill person. No be shame.
If you can't generate electricity, good roads, good schools, good railways, good hospitals etc. Just outsource it to people better than you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Cromagnon: 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2023
nairalanda1:

Botswana is less than 3 million people, and is what Nigeria would be if our population was 5 million instead of the 230 million people.

Gabon is 2.5 million and worse than us
China is 6 times our population and has some success
Stop making excuses

Botswana's main export is diamonds. It is the seventh largest exporter of diamods, and it has just 2.9 million people. That's why it can afford good looking roads and streets.

oil makes more than diamonds
Singapore and Japan have no minerals
Stop making excuses

Nigeria? We can't because our populaiton is too huge to rely on one single export, and that is if we used the money rightly.

who send you message to rely on one export?
Is Malaysia not our mate in palm oil
Can we not provide cheap labour than china?
Stop making excuses

. Countries like Nigeria that have a large population size and are prosperous also rely heavily on exporting manufactured goods and services, and taxable income. A multiplicity of money streams if you will.

who hold us?

If Botswana were to grow to 200 million people, and still rely on diamonds...it would be as bad as Nigeria.
why are we still relying on oil?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by capetownboyz(m): 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
blueAgent:

Like I said b4 ,Shut up, You sound like A retard.
if only you could tell it to my face then you will surely understand what comes next ..no long talk .
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Raalsalghul: 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2023
emmaodet:

You raised good points bro but then, I don't think we need to have high IQ to have atleast a decent society.

The Arabs are not even that smart to me. They are more like we Africans but they realized their weakness and outsource it to those who are better than them.
I believe we can do that too.
If we can't build refineries, outsource it to Germans. E no dey kill person. No be shame.
If you can't generate electricity, good roads, good schools, good railways, good hospitals etc. Just outsource it to people better than you

I will disagree with you on the bold sir.

It takes intelligence to discover your weaknesses as an entity and take steps to correct them.

At least the Arabs and Chinese know they they are not creative and prefer to outsource and copy.

The fact that we cannot confidently outsource our sector to capable hand due to selfishness is sheer unintelligence to me.

I've seen the benefits of outsourcing with my koro eyes: was fortunate to work at Apapa Port and saw vast improvement when the Dutch company handled it compared to NPA.

Now imagine same strategy for other key sectors of our economy.

And why are we not doing so?

In my opinion, that's a trait of low IQ.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by emmaodet: 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2023
Raalsalghul:

It takes intelligence to discover your weaknesses as an entity and take steps to correct them.

At least the Arabs and Chinese know they they are not creative and prefer to outsource and copy.

The fact that we cannot confidently outsource our sector to capable hand due to selfishness is sheer unintelligence to me.

I've seen the benefits of outsourcing with my koro eyes: was fortunate to work at Apapa Port and saw vast improvement when the Dutch company handled it compared to NPA.

Now imagine same strategy for other key sectors of our economy.

And why are we not doing so?

grin

Bro I concur

🙌
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by 7demons: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2023
LegacyB:

What have you done as a person in your small corner to better this?
So this awareness he's creating here is what??
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2023
eleniyan2020:
yes,but I still don't understand why a region wanted other regions to vote for there own candidate!

Now that you understand that the presidents region doesn't guarantee development ..

who cares..
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by eleniyan2020: 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:

Now that you understand that the presidents region doesn't guarantee development ..

who cares..
nobody cares,but a candidate that came third is crying for mandate..
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2023
eleniyan2020:
nobody cares,but a candidate that came third is crying for mandate..

The Governor of Imo State has something to tell you.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by eleniyan2020: 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:

The Governor of Imo State has something to tell you.
Nigeria is not Imo state...Kano, Kaduna and Katsina are bigger and has more population than dot in a circle....for peter to be a president of this country is a dream that can never come to reality!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2023
eleniyan2020:
Nigeria is not Imo state...Kano, Kaduna and Katsina are bigger and has more population than dot in a circle....for peter to be a president of this country is a dream that can never come to reality!

You are a joke
Suddenly Imo is not Nigeria..
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by eleniyan2020: 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:

You are a joke
Suddenly Imo is not Nigeria..

💯..
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by virginboy1(m): 6:56am On Sep 09, 2023
Insightful thread
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by blueAgent(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2023
capetownboyz:
if only you could tell it to my face then you will surely understand what comes next ..no long talk .

Na you go run.
I hope you know I fight Karate?

Clown shocked
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by blueAgent(m): 11:08am On Sep 09, 2023
Cromagnon:

Stop making excuses

Stop making excuses

Stop making excuses

who hold us?

You dey mind those clowns?

The answer is low IQ, we blacks suffer from it.
That dudes responses is an evidence of it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by yemi1504: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2023
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

It's terrible, the mindset is always how to win elections and make the losers suffer. What kind of archaic thinking is that? But when they are sick they will let another tribe treat them. Disgusting things.

You got it right!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by nairalanda1(m): 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
Cromagnon:

Stop making excuses

Stop making excuses

Stop making excuses

who hold us?

Yo. I am not making any excuses for anyone.

All I am saying is simple. We want to be rich, we have to develop an economy dependent on manufacturing and exportation of goods and services.

Good afternoon.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by nairalanda1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
blueAgent:

You dey mind those clowns?

The answer is low IQ, we blacks suffer from it.
That dudes responses is an evidence of it.

You think I have low IQ because my comment does not align with yours.

As I have repeatedly said here, Nigeria will develop when we diversify our revenue stream via taxes AND when we become an exporter of industrial goods and services, you know, like sane developed countries.

But at the end, all you guys do is call me a low IQ person.

Ah well, you no wan read, you no wan understand, I no fit help una. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2023
cyrusmillz:

I've read all your comments and you just keep hammering on taxes and taxes . And I'm asking this ?
1. what happened to the VAT, income taxes being paid civil and private workers ? Hope you know that Nurtw and Acomoran generate insane revenue to each state and the state governors takes the largest share?

Do you know that even vulcanizers , market women and co pay levy/tax through their associations.?... Where do you expect the over 30% unemployed to pay taxes from ? what are the effects of the FIRS and state inland revenue service have been collecting. Can you boldly beat your chest to say that they're being channelled to the right source ?

2.How much exactly does the state and federal ministry of works actually use to execute projects ... we all know more than half are padded, and even the project funds still change hands ( clear example is Ganduje )

3. How much was spent on the sham Nigeria Air project... A quick Google search will show you that . What happened to those who did it ? Nothing

3. With Crude oil, coal, gold, tin , lepidolite , lithium and hundred others ( many of all these that are being traded in large quantities illegally DAILY) , you're telling me that a country rich in all these cannot construct good roads and well planned cities because of tax ? .... C'mon now c'mon

4. How many white elephant projects were executed during the last 8 years alone ,let's not even begin to talk about since democracy.

5.How much is being used to renovate the national assembly currently and let's not even look into that budget at all and the ridiculous allowances each so called lawmaker takes home.

There are many reasons this country is the way it is and I can assure you tax is the "least of the least" of them ... pick up your calculator and start doing the maths , billions of dollars lost every month due to the fact that we keep electing useless leaders due to our tribalism and silly religious brainwashing .

Let's not make silly excuses for failure and please try to be honest too and say things as they are.

I'm glad we still have very FEW reasonable human beings like you who speak the Truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
eleniyan2020:
💯..

Go cease their allocation
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Gerrard59(m): 3:49am On Sep 10, 2023
Raalsalghul:

The fact that we cannot confidently outsource our sector to capable hand due to selfishness is sheer unintelligence to me. I've seen the benefits of outsourcing with my koro eyes: was fortunate to work at Apapa Port and saw vast improvement when the Dutch company handled it compared to NPA. Now imagine same strategy for other key sectors of our economy. And why are we not doing so?

I agree with you and Emmaodet.

Unfortunately, the most vocal people against such a plan are blacks, both Africans and African-Americans, based abroad. They will never return to Africa to make things work as they are supposed to, but are at the forefront of discouraging such a plan in the name of racism and whatnot. Unless enacted by African governments, most White countries won't involve themselves in such. The Chinese who are doing the same are being accused of racism, whereas no be dem trade black people in slavery.

We are too emotional. I and Tensa20 have discussed the same outsourcing and agreed that certain parts of the economy should be outsourced to people who know it better than us. If the ills of slave trade and colonialism would prevent us from working with the White man, let's do with the Japanese, South Koreans and Chinese. Hand construction and maintenance of key sectors to them. Let them run it as they do in their countries. Pay them good money, and ensure our people get trained.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by blueAgent(m): 5:51am On Sep 10, 2023
nairalanda1:

You think I have low IQ because my comment does not align with yours.

As I have repeatedly said here, Nigeria will develop when we diversify our revenue stream via taxes AND when we become an exporter of industrial goods and services, you know, like sane developed countries.

But at the end, all you guys do is call me a low IQ person.

Ah well, you no wan read, you no wan understand, I no fit help una. cheesy

Of course you have low IQ, becos it takes high IQ for one to know that Industrialization, low corruption, been exporter of goods,development e.t.c do not happen by chance but are products of high IQ population.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by emmaodet: 6:44am On Sep 10, 2023
Gerrard59:

I agree with you and Emmaodet.

Unfortunately, the most vocal people against such a plan are blacks, both Africans and African-Americans, based abroad. They will never return to Africa to make things work as they are supposed to, but are at the forefront of discouraging such a plan in the name of racism and whatnot. Unless enacted by African governments, most White countries won't involve themselves in such. The Chinese who are doing the same are being accused of racism, whereas no be dem trade black people in slavery.

We are too emotional. I and Tensa20 have discussed the same outsourcing and agreed that certain parts of the economy should be outsourced to people who know it better than us. If the ills of slave trade and colonialism would prevent us from working with the White man, let's do with the Japanese, South Koreans and Chinese. Hand construction and maintenance of key sectors to them. Let them run it as they do in their countries. Pay them good money, and ensure our people get trained.

Exactly.
I don't know why it is hard for them to do that.
Do they just feel happy, satisfied and contented seeing their own people suffering and wallowing in poverty?
How can leaders be so bad and stupid to keep their own people perpetually poor just because they think it is easier to control people en mass with poverty.
A well fed society will be hard to decieve and control so the best tool to keep them in chains is through poverty, mass illiteracy and religion.
But then, eniti o ba ta Ara Ile ni opo, a ra lo won - if you sell out your people cheaply for your selfish reasons and personal gains, then you will either have to buy them back in an expensive way or pay the price.

If you render your farmers useless by not providing them with adequate security to farm, modern farm machineries like tractors, harvesters, sprayers so as to provide more than enough for the society and export, then you have sold them cheaply and you have to pay back by importing with scarce resources for a more expensive food.
If you render your education useless, you have to pay the price of your people going to school abroad with expensive pounds and dollars.
If you render your hospitals useless, you pay the price by flying abroad to treat yourself and it doesnt come cheap.
If you don't make your refineries work, you have to pay the price of importing it and more expensive.
Ignorance, corruption is far more expensive than putting the hard work to make the system work but i guess nobody wants to pass through that route

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo) / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.