Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu (33684 Views)

Enugu: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Mbah (PDP), Dismisses LP/Edeoga's Petition / Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu / Tribunal Upholds Wike’s Electoral Victory, Dismisses Lp’s Petition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Littlefingerjp: 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2023
Acekidc4:
Finally their Cups of Tears have full and will officially start Overflowing!!

Like i always say and have been saying that Pitoobi and his gang of Miscreants are just wasting their Precious Time on top Wetin big pass them!!
Shebi if Nigeria is good,e good for everybody,if e bad,e bad for everybody...Dem no dey ask for which party Yu dey support for market... Make we dey use our brains abeg,Let the winner work,that's all we pray for

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by GeneralPula: 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2023
koyeni:
Something is not clear. Why bring about the issue of 25% at all as regards fct in the constitution. I want to learn
Good question..

It’s simple bro..

Constitution said for you to win a national election in Nigeria, you need to have 25% in at least 24 states and FCT!. Constitution didn’t state you must have 25% in a particular place or so..

Now Obi supporters are saying what the constitution is saying is that 25% is a must in Abuja! They’re saying FCT has a special status! How could that be so? Are the Nigerians living in Abuja different from the ones living in Ibadan or Kano? Lack of good interpretation of English is their problem..

It is what the court is saying now. It was a fallacious if not outrightly ludicrous" something! Why would any sane human be even thinking Abuja people are special than the rest Nigerians? Do they have 2 heads? .... That’s a complete fallacy bro! Obi lawyers are baby lawyers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by assholemods: 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2023
Skyview01:

Keep quiet, you and who they chase shadow.
Sorry oooo.... losers!

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by shonepa(m): 6:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
🤷‍♂️ comprehension compulsory for primary schools

complexstuffs:

Dey play... We FCT residents should be enjoying the following

1. Double or even triple salaries
2. Govt. should never tax us
3. Our girlfriends should never ask us for money
4. Any time we go to malls like Shopright, when should pick whatever we want without payin
5. Residents outside Abuja should cut their salaries into two and transfer the rest to us
6. Henceforth, other citizens outside Abuja should not be allowed to vote again because we would be the sole people to decide who rules Nigeria.

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Mfetenang: 6:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
9jabox:
Doesn’t the language of the judges at the PEPC show something?

They use such strong languages to dismiss petitions so much so that some of us now think they are actually defending the respondents instead.

From all I’ve seen so far, there’s an agenda that’s being pushed by these judges and soon it shall be clear.
Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Mfetenang: 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
You can go to court sir

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Calitoscassius(m): 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
chatinent:
Even people still suffering are saying “finally!"

Finally what?

Finally that your problem just got accredited or what?

Iwukwa aturu o.
Finally their sufferings has being made official grin grin they cannot complain of suffering any more. They have agreed to suffer till death. It is like someone agreeing to have their fingers cut off voluntarily. So they cannot cry when the fingers are being cut off.

Foools!
Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by 2ru9jaman: 6:30pm On Sep 06, 2023
This is terrible a news to Bitterobi.

Na dis one dem dey call

NO CASE! !! !!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by DoctorAyukebot(m): 6:30pm On Sep 06, 2023
onuman:

The president doubles as governor of the FCT. That's why he's required to get 25% of votes in Abuja before proclaimed winner.
Continue with curses. You are cursing the framers of the constitution because of Jankara judges earlier appointed to office by the APC.
With Tinubu as president, you have more curses to render.
Already, APC has made you belong to the country described as official capital of the world.
Scramble for your kinsmen or religious faith to control the proceeds from crude oil in the Niger delta, that's why you scream and want a man like Tinubu with every skeleton in his cupboard as your president.

Ignoramus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by netricoin: 6:30pm On Sep 06, 2023
ecolime:
If 25% votes in Abuja is that weighty, then there is no point wasting Billions to conduct elections across the country.

INEC go just conduct elections in Abuja and let the votes of those special humans living there decide the fate of we the lesser humans in other states 🙄
But it's Democratic in the sense that the people of the FCT don't have the opportunity to vote for who they want to be their FCT minister, so the only opportunity is just for them to have a say on who should be the president of Nigeria. I think judges who doesn't have understanding of this will pass wrong judgment. The PEPC court is more compromise than the SC
Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by legallysly: 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
9jabox:

They use such strong languages to dismiss petitions so much so that some of us now think they are actually defending the respondents instead.

From all I’ve seen so far, there’s an agenda that’s being pushed by these judges and soon it shall be clear.

The Justices of the Court of Appeal are already overworked.

Do you know how many appeals emanate daily from the High Courts (State and Federal) and the National Industrial Court?

Proceedings in Nigeria are recorded in longhand and Lawyers typically employ delay tactics to make these appeals last longer than they should.

On top of that, they also have to attend to Presidential Election Petitions (as the court of first instance), Governorship Election Petitions (as the first appellate court) and National and State Legislative Election Petitions (as the court of final instance).

The least Petitioners can do is ensure there is a bit more clarity to their Petitions.

A lot of our judges and justices suffer from ailments associated with their jobs and we don't help them when we bombard them with vague and nebulous processes.

If you know you don't have a case, kindly plan towards the next election.

It's a good thing costs were not awarded against the Petitioners for wasting the court's time.

They might not be so lucky at the Supreme Court.

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by firearcher: 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
Fedrams:
Even 2027 is not sure for Obi if he continues to exhibit the traits of politics with bitterness, ethnicity and religion politics. He need to heal the disunity and hatred his obident followers has created. He cannot win the election with The Eastern region alone. He need all the ethics to win the election.

I still feel that if he had taken the Jonathan's route after the election, point out the irregularities in the election, but then honestly admit that he didn't do enough to win, he would have pushed up his popularity, gather additional goodwill and be better positioned to challenge Tinubu in the next election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Diligence: 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
We hereby call on righteous democrats never to stoop low and allow Emilokans, Agbadorians, BaTists, & Ebolans to gloat over miscarriage of justice.

Don't ever keep mute; they are on the broad way that leads to destruction. Confront them, enlighten them, nay emancipate them; they are obviously bewitched! If anything, they should be ashamed and hid their faces forever
Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by VIKTO83(m): 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2023
The judges dispensed justice in a way that the petitioners started feeling sobber. What a matured way.

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by DoctorAyukebot(m): 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
netricoin:

But it's Democratic in the sense that the people of the FCT don't have the opportunity to vote for who they want to be their FCT minister, so the only opportunity is just for them to have a say on who should be the president of Nigeria. I think judges who doesn't have understanding of this will pass wrong judgment. The PEPC court is more compromise than the SC

All Hail the New Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
Ignoramus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by aswani(m): 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
casualobserver:

see how Obi's SANS are being scolded like school boys just out of law school. incompetent, incompetent, lacking merit, incompetent, abuse of process, struck out.... etc etc etc.

About time too, during the case they were repeatedly serving respondents on the morning itself when it should have been done before the case started.

Even after their turn to present their case was over and respondents were about to defend the allegations, they still wanted to serve even more documents on the respondents.

If not that there was free money on the table, I doubt if any of Obi's lawyers would take the case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Abifarin16: 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2023
ecolime:
If 25% votes in Abuja is that weighty, then there is no point wasting Billions to conduct elections across the country.

INEC go just conduct elections in Abuja and let the votes of those special humans living there decide the fate of we the lesser humans in other states 🙄

As him win the FCT, did he win 2/3 of the states?
Did he get the highest votes.

This is a case of you went on a far journey but on the wrong direction.

3 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by harjay1986: 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2023
ecolime:

I wonder ooh, abi make dem just do the vote only in Abuja now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
Acekidc4:
Finally their Cups of Tears have full and will officially start Overflowing!!

Like i always say and have been saying that Pitoobi and his gang of Miscreants are just wasting their Precious Time on top Wetin big pass them!!
nobody is crying.my only grieviance is what did ahmed lawal actually passed into law as electoral amendment?The judges have ruled that it was not mandatory to transmit results into the irev.the irev would have been the sure way to prevent rigging but the tribunal has make it useless.
Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
assholemods:

Sorry oooo.... losers!

Obi lost the election from day one. He only participated to destroy PDP and install Tinubu.

Go check my topic before election. I can say Obi is the biggest factor why Atiku is not the president today.

At that, he has done a good job to take away presidency from the north.

I am even surprised at the level of votes he got in the last elections.

Had Obi remained and worked for PDP, Atiku may very well be the president today which is not a good thing.

Obi worked for Tinubu free of charge in the last elections.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Dbestbrest: 6:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
The Obidients lack comprehension. They think law is the same thing as selling motor spare parts! It is a shame that none of the mobs knows the meaning of 36 states AND FCT as it appeared in the constitution. Unfortunately they have attacked millions of people from different tribes in Nigeria which has turned Peter Obi's name to a taboo to the hearings of these Nigerians. They should go and write it down, when it is the turn of Igbo to rule Nigeria, Nigerians will choose a sane, detribalized Igbo man to become their president not a bigot called Peter Obi

2 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Okpetruth(m): 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2023
I had always known that FCT is regarded as a state. When i listened to Femi Falana on Arise tv and read an educative piece written by barr. Ajulo it dawn on me that INEC was 100 percent right. Now the mucb awaited PET has put a lid on it. Chikena!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Pque(m): 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2023
sparko1:
p

Their language is warranted, the fact that lawyers, not just lawyers but SAN present in that group would come up with that kind of case and boldly present it in court, means they are very dull. Even me a science student knows that is ridiculous.

You never see anything. Is it their case? If you're the one and someone offers you free millions of naira, you no go collect am? Na them say make the owner of case no get sense of reasoning? You never see anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by justtoodark: 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
Skyview01:

He will need to form good alliance with the core northern states as well.

how....??
northerners are allergic to anything igbo now.... undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Mkairbag: 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
where is Aisha Yusuf & CO?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
justtoodark:

how....??
northerners are allergic to anything igbo now.... undecided undecided

He will have to work hard, maybe form an alliance with Kwakwanso.
Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by blowjohn(m): 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2023
9jabox:

What?
U mean like illuminati or the new world order?
Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Typing: 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
Christlad:
It is well

This CRIMINAL will soon edit this post.

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by alobright17(m): 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
MyAmericandream:
When they said let's go to court, They knew Obi can never win the case. And some folks still believe in Nigeria tribunal.
Onye how did Obi became Governor over Ngige ?

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by Emdebby2: 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
Let the poor breathe 🤣
Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by MyAmericandream(f): 7:43pm On Sep 06, 2023
alobright17:
Onye how did Obi became Governor over Ngige ?

Wetin my business with Obi? I just want this country to do the right thing, almost all the sectors are corrupt.
Re: 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu by quickly: 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2023
The funny thing is Obi’s SAN run am street.

Those petitions were very amateurish and based on emotions rather than jurisprudence

I told them even me wey no be lawyer

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki / Nigeria Will Be Destroyed If Buhari Doesn't Win Second Term – BCO / Reno Omokri's Prayer For President Buhari At 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.