Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,186 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million (49078 Views)

Points To Consider Before And After Japa Expedition / Japa: How They Rob People During Day Time In South Africa / JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by ogbonti: 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2023
Kelechi009:

Okay, I won't argue further. I see that you don't really have sense like that.

oga oversense doooo oooo i greet u
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Astar007: 11:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
Harkynkunle:

Like I said, I really have nothing to contest with you….. I’m currently based somewhere in uk , hence I’m not telling what I don’t know… When I say “Equal before the law” in this context I’m not talking about how Mr A treats Mr B… What I’m saying here is that… Whether u are rich, middle or lower class, everyone is equal before the law. The hospital a lower / middle class man visit is same one the rich visit. You don’t have to be rich to buy a house, or good vehicle or use latest gadgets…. I really have nothing to contest with u… perhaps you are the one who need to leave the shore of Africa and stop vetting false information from social media……..Shalom

Well I'm in europe and I've confirmed that everyone is not equal before the law, oyibo nor like blacks even though they sound nice to you
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by x123: 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
In 2022, Nigeria received a total of 20.13 billion U.S. dollars in personal remittances. This substantial figure represents funds sent by individuals to their loved ones in Nigeria, either to provide financial support or to contribute to personal projects. It's noteworthy that many Nigerians prioritize sending money back home and investing in local initiatives over accumulating personal savings, a choice that holds wisdom in its own right.

On a personal note, I can attest to this trend as I've sent over $20,000 back home this year alone. To provide some perspective, if I were to maintain an annual average of $30,000 in remittances, it would take me approximately three years to reach a total of N100,000 sent to Nigeria. I have friends who are even more generous in their remittance contributions. It's clear that the act of "japa," or leaving one's home country for better opportunities abroad, often extends beyond personal gain to encompass the well-being of friends and family in Nigeria.

Allow me to pose a direct question: If you were to provide financial support to your loved ones, how much would you be able to save during these years? It's essential to acknowledge that individuals have diverse financial goals and priorities. "Japa" is often embarked upon with the mission to save and improve one's financial situation, including loved ones back home. Therefore, it's crucial not to discourage Nigerians who aspire to pursue this path.

For those considering "japa," I offer this advice: thorough research is paramount before embarking on this journey. Don't make the decision solely for the sake of "japa" without a clear understanding of your destination country and its opportunities. It's not surprising to hear stories of individuals (like a brother stated here), who "deported" themselves back to Nigeria from countries like Sweden. While some do find success in places like Sweden, it's essential to assess the available opportunities carefully. The act of "japa" can be rewarding, but it should be undertaken with prudence.

In conclusion, may God guide and assist all those pursuing their dreams, whether in Nigeria or abroad. Each person's path is unique, and it's essential to respect the choices and aspirations of individuals as they navigate their financial journeys.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Hackie90s(m): 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
x123:
In 2022, Nigeria received a total of 20.13 billion U.S. dollars in personal remittances. This substantial figure represents funds sent by individuals to their loved ones in Nigeria, either to provide financial support or to contribute to personal projects. It's noteworthy that many Nigerians prioritize sending money back home and investing in local initiatives over accumulating personal savings, a choice that holds wisdom in its own right.

On a personal note, I can attest to this trend as I've sent over $20,000 back home this year alone. To provide some perspective, if I were to maintain an annual average of $30,000 in remittances, it would take me approximately three years to reach a total of N100,000 sent to Nigeria. I have friends who are even more generous in their remittance contributions. It's clear that the act of "japa," or leaving one's home country for better opportunities abroad, often extends beyond personal gain to encompass the well-being of friends and family in Nigeria.

Allow me to pose a direct question: If you were to provide financial support to your loved ones, how much would you be able to save during these years? It's essential to acknowledge that individuals have diverse financial goals and priorities. "Japa" is often embarked upon with the mission to save and improve one's financial situation, including loved ones back home. Therefore, it's crucial not to discourage Nigerians who aspire to pursue this path.

For those considering "japa," I offer this advice: thorough research is paramount before embarking on this journey. Don't make the decision solely for the sake of "japa" without a clear understanding of your destination country and its opportunities. It's not surprising to hear stories of individuals (like a brother stated here), who "deported" themselves back to Nigeria from countries like Sweden. While some do find success in places like Sweden, it's essential to assess the available opportunities carefully. The act of "japa" can be rewarding, but it should be undertaken with prudence.

In conclusion, may God guide and assist all those pursuing their dreams, whether in Nigeria or abroad. Each person's path is unique, and it's essential to respect the choices and aspirations of individuals as they navigate their financial journeys.

Amen 🙏
I admire your intelligence.!
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Obierika(m): 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
Ajione:
Is not only money that make people japa, some issues are settled, like security good road getting values for your taxes and when children is involved, your children future are secured.
Anybody trying to japa and thinking of becoming a multi millionaire or billionaire Na big mistake. But am sure once you are not lazy you will leave a comfortable life.
With the present situation in this country things are hard, salary Na pie but.
If I come to you now and I said I need 50k will you give me?
I prefer leaving this country than leaving like a prisoner in my own country.

Why should he dash you 50K if you did not give him any money to keep for you.

Go and ask an American living in the United States to dash you $50 let's see what he will tell you
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by IbeOkehie: 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2023
Kelechi009:

Anybody that moves to USA & wants to work legally with work sponsorship is liable to get great jobs. Just because you moved illegally does not mean others will.

27 years is too long just to make $270k.

People make that money in 2 - 4 years in America.

Go & rest bro. You are suffering.

I can't believe anyone would write this. For your info, less than 10% of HOUSEHOLDS in the United States earn that level of income. It's public data you can look up on the IRS website. I hate the Nigerian tendency to be unreasonable.

Have a good day.
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Kelechi009: 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2023
IbeOkehie:

I can't believe anyone would write this. For your info, less than 10% of HOUSEHOLDS in the United States earn that level of income. It's public data you can look up on the IRS website. I hate the Nigerian tendency to be unreasonable.

Have a good day.

Gentleman, I am not naive; 27 years is too much time to put down $270,000. To plan my own life, I don't need statistics from 10% of homes. I perform services for foreign clients on Fiverr and Upwork from my residence. I am aware of my annual salary in dollars; if I were living in the US, it would be multiplied by ten.

As you can see from the text above, user @x123 claims to have sent $20k USD this year alone. If I can remit 50% of that, starting from $5k for a start. Consider sending this amount over the course of 27 years; how long do you estimate 27 years will be?

I am aware that what I am saying seems absurd to those with modest incomes and the IDIOT who quoted me before you, but I don't want to dispute with you too much.

Before some of my friends travelled to the US for their MSc, my friends who travelled who worked in video and film editing with me in Lagos and Ghana; I am aware of their side income.

I would like not to constantly contradict you because my reality differs from your world.

Stay on your lane brother.
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Kelechi009: 8:13pm On Sep 28, 2023
x123:

God bless you bro
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by IbeOkehie: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2023
Kelechi009:

Gentleman, I am not naive; 27 years is too much time to put down $270,000. To plan my own life, I don't need statistics from 10% of homes. I perform services for foreign clients on Fiverr and Upwork from my residence. I am aware of my annual salary in dollars; if I were living in the US, it would be multiplied by ten.

As you can see from the text above, user @x123 claims to have sent $20k USD this year alone. If I can remit 50% of that, starting from $5k for a start. Consider sending this amount over the course of 27 years; how long do you estimate 27 years will be?

I am aware that what I am saying seems absurd to those with modest incomes and the IDIOT who quoted me before you, but I don't want to dispute with you too much.

Before some of my friends travelled to the US for their MSc, my friends who travelled who worked in video and film editing with me in Lagos and Ghana; I am aware of their side income.

I would like not to constantly contradict you because my reality differs from your world.

Stay on your lane brother.

Nonsense. Every anonymous Nairalander is a rich tech maven working remotely for foreign firms. OK 👍🏾 good job. Carry on.

Good Luck to you.

2 Likes

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by BItt: 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
StrikeBack:
I agree with this completely. Until you come here people will keep telling you they are struggling
hello I got your pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

If You Are Given The Oppurtunity To Travel Abroad Where Would You Go? / Bus Collides With A Lorry In Enugu, All Passengers Dead (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Migrant Couple Kissing Aboard A Ship After Being Rescued from Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.