Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat (18604 Views)

LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat / Jubril Gawat: What The Yaba Train Station Will Look Look When Finished / Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by triple996(m): 7:20am On Sep 09, 2023
9ice
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by ipobcannibals: 7:22am On Sep 09, 2023
Meanwhile, a certain region is sitting at home, waiting for biafr.aud before they can demand better from their governors.

11 Likes

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by princeade86(m): 7:26am On Sep 09, 2023
Imagine using 21 years to constructed just railway and people are here celebrating them. 4 governors for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Desusi: 7:28am On Sep 09, 2023
jahsharon:
Aman that sees tomorrow while his contenders are still fighting over yesterday
Hmmm,you would always be remembered by what you have done
This is amazing, others should take dressing not pick errors.

2 Likes

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by tishbite42: 7:28am On Sep 09, 2023
Nice plan
Corrupt implementation
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by AfonjaConehead: 7:29am On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:
Toh

Forward ever...
aQUINandmore: backward never
grin

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by tishbite42: 7:30am On Sep 09, 2023
princeade86:
Imagine using 21 years to constructed just railway and people are here celebrating them. 4 governors for that matter.
Over 60% not completed
Every year loans are taken because of these rails

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by aQUINandmore: 7:30am On Sep 09, 2023
[quote author=AfonjaConehead post=125676430][/quote]baby, what did you do that is making me to start having feelings for you

I think I am loving you already kiss
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Dammyseyon(m): 7:30am On Sep 09, 2023
This has always been a master plan and very commendable.

Not to criticize, but the fact that Badagry, the cradle of civilization in the entire south west not included in this capital and economic development project makes me question why?

I am Badagrian and projects like this are always exempted from the historical town.

Shameful. undecided

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Renman: 7:33am On Sep 09, 2023
aQUINandmore:
baby, what did you do that is making me to start having feelings for you

I think I am loving you already kiss
Sorry, are you a Harlot I'm asking because of your dp...
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by muykem: 7:35am On Sep 09, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
This man has great administrative acumen. My only grouse is that it has taken more than 15 years and just one has recently been completed. It's clear that if all these are completed, Lagosians will be saying goodbye to having to wakeup by 4am to prepare for a workplace whose resumption time is 9am.
Rome was not build in a day. Developmental projects take long time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by BABAawoo47: 7:36am On Sep 09, 2023
akingangan:
How Lagos Can Pay Back $1.17 Billion Loan For The Train Project In 1 Year

Daily

1 million passengers at ₦2000 - ₦2,000,000,000

Advertising on Trains - ₦200 Million
Advertising on Platforms - ₦150 Million
Advertising on Stations - ₦150 Million

Total - ₦2,500,000,000

Yearly x 365 - ₦912,500,000,000 (approx 1 Trillion yearly)

Thread - https://www.nairaland.com/7834079/how-lagos-pay-back-1.17
which ticket will cost 2k? Abi u dey smoke weed ni

3 Likes

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Jokerman(m): 7:38am On Sep 09, 2023
Many houses with be up for demolition... This is a great development though...

I wish many states can come up wit these too...

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by akingangan: 7:41am On Sep 09, 2023
BABAawoo47:
which ticket will cost 2k? Abi u dey smoke weed ni

It saves time and avoids traffic. People will pay for it.

It is cheap at 2K daily

UK daily Train card will cost you ₦21,000 daily

2 Likes

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Tunde835(m): 7:42am On Sep 09, 2023
Seems like the trains are coming to my area. It's when they're in South West Igbos remember they're Nigerians too. While Yoruba land moves forward

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Starboytwo(m): 7:43am On Sep 09, 2023
Cant wait for all or most of the line start working and a grander one is staged all over the country.

Let's shealth our swords. Let's work for Nigeria.

Nigeria go work.
Nigeria go sweet.
Nigeria go reach the promise land.

God bless the people of Nigeria on its entirety.

2 Likes

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by sexiestharam(f): 7:43am On Sep 09, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
This man has great administrative acumen. My only grouse is that it has taken more than 15 years and just one has recently been completed. It's clear that if all these are completed, Lagosians will be saying goodbye to having to wakeup by 4am to prepare for a workplace whose resumption time is 9am.

It has not been completed. Mile 2 to Okokomaiko hasn't been completed yet. People in this axis are so desperate for it to be completed. It will increase house rent. grin

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by innotrks(m): 7:44am On Sep 09, 2023
It takes over 16 years to get to 80% completion of 27km or rail track.... How many years will it take to complete other longer km of rail track with the associating colors

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by stepaside1: 7:44am On Sep 09, 2023
Dammyseyon:
This has always been a master plan and very commendable.

Not to criticize, but the fact that Badagry, the cradle of civilization in the entire south west not included in this capital and economic development project makes me question why?

I am Badagrian and projects like this are always exempted from the historical town.

Shameful. undecided
You may be right. I once lived in Badagry. The masterplan is subject to review and update so the blue line can still be extended to get to Badagry. I won't criticise but urge reps from Badagry area to take it up with LAMATA and the Lagos State govt.

Badagry is connected by a federal road under construction through Sukuk funding. That road will also benefit from the African Development Bank's $25bln funding of a major highway from Lagos to Abidjan in Ivory Coast, passing through some West African countries.

Also Badagry will benefit from a deep sea port under consideration. Not all parts of Lagos will immediately benefit from the rail system as many factors in how development is spread and its needs basis will come into play.

5 Likes

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by SonOfDSoil01: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2023
So proud of my State….eko oni baje

3 Likes

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by princeade86(m): 7:46am On Sep 09, 2023
tishbite42:

Over 60% not completed
Every year loans are taken because of these rails
imagine how much they would have embezzle on this railway and people are still celebrating them. Chai. Who did us this in Nigeria.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by stepaside1: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2023
Is Lagos State Goverment partnering with Ogun State as I see many areas in the masterplan firmly in Ogun State territory.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by innotrks(m): 7:47am On Sep 09, 2023
wwwihy:

Jubril A. Gawat is the Senior Special Assistant On New Media To Governor Sanwo-Olu
It takes over 16 years to get to 80% completion of 27km or rail track.... How many years will it take to complete other longer km of rail track with the associating colors

2 Likes

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by innotrks(m): 7:50am On Sep 09, 2023
muykem:
Rome was not build in a day. Developmental projects take long time.

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Larryton(m): 7:50am On Sep 09, 2023
Where is the master plan people, come and have your master plan o
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by xperiencelove(m): 7:51am On Sep 09, 2023
This is what every state should plan since oil subsidy is gone. If everything state have this, taking cars out will be by choice just like in developed countries.
I remember Amechi started this rail project too in Rivers but Wike stopped it. It would have been useful now when FG stopped subsidizing fuel and dollar.

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by tobstarizhia(m): 7:51am On Sep 09, 2023
In a land of the blind, the one eyed man is king

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Tunde835(m): 7:52am On Sep 09, 2023
stepaside1:
Is Lagos State Goverment partnering with Ogun State as I see many areas in the masterplan firmly in Ogun State territory.
It's nice for Ogun State. They'll act as additional veins in Lagos. I see Lagos' GDP rising.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Irony1: 7:52am On Sep 09, 2023
yarimo:
That is very commendable from president TINUBU

Dude did you smoke dried cow dung. Go to Uyo and see what they have done there. Reno is shopping for patronage with his eye service and you know it.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Irony1: 7:55am On Sep 09, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
This is what we call legacy.

What that package fraud from Alaigbo lacks.

Well, they're drinking themselves to stupor in his State, hero beer is also a legacy

Legacy Ko!! Lego works ni!!!! There is no master plan all these gimmicks is to fleece moneybox themselves and further sink the state in debt. The rail line that started took 15 years to complete whereas a more challenging rail route in Ethiopia took 5 years. Now you have red line, other coloured lines when will that one be complete and wear makes you think that people will not move away from Lagos with the water you guys shout at people to leave Lagos during election year.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Irony1: 7:55am On Sep 09, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

We are ready for your investment. Please invest in Lagos today. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Bros stop all this eye service. Youvare not even a lagosian your own is just to be singing praises without anything cogent.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by obi58: 7:57am On Sep 09, 2023
wwwihy:

Red line is 95% completed too

Plans are all well and good but What of the others?

Of all the lines, its the ones with the lowest Kms (blue and red) that are almost completed and those ones took over 20 years to complete with very unclear information on how much has been spent so far.

When is the target date of commencement and completion for the Green, orange and purple lines.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wes Payment Issue / Trailers Illegally Parked Along Amuwo-Okota Road Lagos state Causing Traffic / I Regret Deceiving My Father To Raise ₦800,000 For Libyan Trip — Returnee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.