Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat (18603 Views)

LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat / Jubril Gawat: What The Yaba Train Station Will Look Look When Finished / Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by aQUINandmore: 11:04am On Sep 09, 2023
Renman:
Ok. But why did you appear like one on your dp...
because I am a madam.
What is your profession?
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Basic123: 11:05am On Sep 09, 2023
obi58:

So for your mind you don make sense so?

Typical Nigerian.... With all the 'plans' your government has made for you since you were small till now, you're still celebrating mediocrity.
Just answer that question if you get sense and stop beating around the bush.

Or Anambra no need something similar or better?
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Sleekfingers: 11:16am On Sep 09, 2023
princeade86:
Imagine using 21 years to constructed just railway and people are here celebrating them. 4 governors for that matter.

Yeah, 21 years is a long time. But slow and steady lagos will get there.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Sleekfingers: 11:17am On Sep 09, 2023
stepaside1:
Is Lagos State Goverment partnering with Ogun State as I see many areas in the masterplan firmly in Ogun State territory.

Yes
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by xperiencelove(m): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2023
Irony1:

Dude you lie there. There is no difficulty, have you checked the rail line in Addis Ababa which has a more challenging terrain than Lagos? The swamp areas were bypassed by using bridges dude there is nothing challenging there, and saying it favors the poor is another lie, check the cost of the rail line per passenger for someone from Okoko to Marina? Also note again that the fares will surely be increased because they need to repay the loans collected for this project that they have since defaulted.

Many people like you love to mentioning countries without no knowledge about them just to prove your point.
Despite Ethiopia having so much land mass, their entire population is less than the population of the Northern part of this country.
Despite your quoted Addis Ababa, their light rail was built on land just between their road unlike Lagos that built theirs on water shores. The rail fund was borrowed from Bank of China by their federal government with an agreement that the construction will be contracted to China Railway Corporation and will be manage by Shenzhen Metro Group (same China). So the borrowed fund from China was paid directly to another Chinese group and the rail is just 17km which is far less than the Lagos blue rail which is even smaller than the red rail.

Ethiopia government took that risk because Addis Ababa is their state capital and it houses headquarters of the African Union.

So stop comparing Lagos to most of these countries not to talk of the whole Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Sleekfingers: 11:21am On Sep 09, 2023
PaulH07:

Na those danfo drivers me I just dey fear, and motorpark touts.

Would they not stone the train and it's occupants for removing breads from their mouths sha?

The yellow buses will soon be chase outta Lagos. Plans are already in place.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Litmus: 11:23am On Sep 09, 2023
Instead of shouting oil, Deltans could do worst than demand to see Delta state's Master Plan. Even Servant Plan, Junior Plan, Plain Plan or just Plan! angry which every state ought have even if the state is in an advanced nation since progress is never ending, yet alone in a so-called developing nation like Nigeria.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Dammyseyon(m): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2023
stepaside1:

You may be right. I once lived in Badagry. The masterplan is subject to review and update so the blue line can still be extended to get to Badagry. I won't criticise but urge reps from Badagry area to take it up with LAMATA and the Lagos State govt.

Also Badagry will benefit from a deep sea port under consideration. Not all parts of Lagos will immediately benefit from the rail system as many factors in how development is spread and its needs basis will come into play.

Thank you for your contribution, you made absolute sense but the political leaders from that axis are nothing to write home about.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Dammyseyon(m): 11:39am On Sep 09, 2023
princeade86:
Imagine using 21 years to constructed just railway and people are here celebrating them. 4 governors for that matter.

Do you know what a capital project is?
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Dsscode91: 11:58am On Sep 09, 2023
akingangan:

It saves time and avoids traffic. People will pay for it.

It is cheap at 2K daily

UK daily Train card will cost you ₦21,000 daily

How much is minimum wage here vs the U.K?
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Dittodat: 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
This is what I campaigned and voted for.
This is a man with vision and intelligence not some packaged fraud from Agulu that's always throwing out inconsequential figures from all over the world just ti impress his gullible followers.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Renman: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
aQUINandmore:
because I am a madam.
What is your profession?
Ok. But why are you not looking like a madam
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by obi58: 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2023
Basic123:

Just answer that question if you get sense and stop beating around the bush.

Or Anambra no need something similar or better?

If you get small sense you for know say plan no be the issue na implementation.

Na why till tomorrow Nigeria dey where e dey and why we have youths like you celebrating mediocrity and trying to fan the embers of tribalism on social media instead of holding their government accountable to their civic duties to the people of Lagos state.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by yemmywesey(m): 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2023
But the problems that will be encountered by the Lagos state government will be access to some parcels of land.
Most areas has houses and structures being built on them.
Like my area in isolo ejigbo ikotun axis, many houses is going to be demolished along that axis.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by MuslimPegan: 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2023
hopexter:

Just because your parents see you as a wasted blacksheep who has nothing to look forward about you doesn’t mean the the same for others undecided

I m not your mother who keeps trying if your father will be useful
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by PaulH07: 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sleekfingers:

The yellow buses will soon be chase outta Lagos. Plans are already in place.

Can this actually happen?

Where them agbero go come go?

Na for them to return to terrorizing us in our houses as armed robbers oh.

Chei, fear dey catch as I dey so walahi...
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Irony1: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
xperiencelove:

Many people like you love to mentioning countries without no knowledge about them just to prove your point.
Despite Ethiopia having so much land mass, their entire population is less than the population of the Northern part of this country.
Despite your quoted Addis Ababa, their light rail was built on land just between their road unlike Lagos that built theirs on water shores. The rail fund was borrowed from Bank of China by their federal government with an agreement that the construction will be contracted to China Railway Corporation and will be manage by Shenzhen Metro Group (same China). So the borrowed fund from China was paid directly to another Chinese group and the rail is just 17km which is far less than the Lagos blue rail which is even smaller than the red rail.

Ethiopia government took that risk because Addis Ababa is their state capital and it houses headquarters of the African Union.

So stop comparing Lagos to most of these countries not to talk of the whole Nigeria.

Dude the terrain for the Lagos light rail is not challenging let us stop this PR stunt and face the truth ask any construction engineer who has a regional experience across Africa they will tell you straight that the sweetest terrain is still the route of the light rail. Dude Addis Ababa light rail is not 17km make we take am easy with propaganda abeg. And besides there is no excuse for the project in Lagos to take 15 years. I cover Ethiopia in my work so I know far better than you and I don't need to go to the internet to research data like what you just did now.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Irony1: 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
Jackiedemie:

Oga, I'm from Akwa Ibom based in Uyo in the last 17 years. I can tell you there is no development strive to be compared with what is happening in Lagos.

Dude you are a first class liar big time. If this is what you are saying then you have never passed Uyo talk more of living in Uyo. You guy keep spinning lies here because of small crumbs. Everyone knows that Lagos is an illusion.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Irony1: 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2023
Basic123:

But you can heap praises on Alex OTTI for custructing a drainage....praises Pete OBI for giving his phone number to school senior prefect 😆

Hypochrites.
Trivialising other people achievements and worship their own rubbish

I dare you to show me where I heaped praises on Alex Otti. Oga see if you don't have anything sensible to say just shut up.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by PHAYOL81: 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
Let's the state engage private sectors for the faster delivery of other rail lines and the MONORAIL proposed for the main business districts (L/Island, V.I, Ikoyi, Obalende, LEKKI). ONLY PPP would relieve the government of this heavy spending on infrastructure like this while there are other commitment that can't and mustn't be ignored.
By the way, There's still uncovered routes to be considered in future for thorough coverage of the metropolis like the link to BADAGRY and another one into EPE.
Eko o ni baje o
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by MSesan: 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2023
innotrks:
It takes over 16 years to get to 80% completion of 27km or rail track.... How many years will it take to complete other longer km of rail track with the associating colors

And it also takes other states over 16 years now with out having a plans to start any intra-state rail track...

Bad belle everywhere!!
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by xperiencelove(m): 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2023
Irony1:

Dude the terrain for the Lagos light rail is not challenging let us stop this PR stunt and face the truth ask any construction engineer who has a regional experience across Africa they will tell you straight that the sweetest terrain is still the route of the light rail. Dude Addis Ababa light rail is not 17km make we take am easy with propaganda abeg. And besides there is no excuse for the project in Lagos to take 15 years. I cover Ethiopia in my work so I know far better than you and I don't need to go to the internet to research data like what you just did now.

People like you know nothing about Lagos government so just stick to online bully. When the entire Ethiopia GDP is far less than Lagos GDP! People like you can never understand the work that has been put to develop a land mass as Lagos even if someone told you 100 times. Development of the present Lagos Island (part of Atlantic Ocean) alone is more difficult than developing another entire country. Ask those who have been in Lagos before the fourth democracy
maybe you will appreciate what it takes to manage the smallest state but the most populated in Nigeria. A low-lying city with a flat topography and many areas are at or below sea level!

This is the last time I will reply you. You can continue your troll and say Niger republic is better than Lagos and the likes for all I care.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Sleekfingers: 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2023
PaulH07:

Can this actually happen?

Where them agbero go come go?

Na for them to return to terrorizing us in our houses as armed robbers oh.

Chei, fear dey catch as I dey so walahi...

Yes, it will happen.

Some of them will be employed in the new the transportation system. Those that are willing to work.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Allisgud: 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
Something they will use ten yrs to finish everything by allocating contract to different companies ,they will use 40 yrs in order to loot more money
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Jackiedemie(m): 4:16am On Sep 10, 2023
Irony1:

Dude you are a first class liar big time. If this is what you are saying then you have never passed Uyo talk more of living in Uyo. You guy keep spinning lies here because of small crumbs. Everyone knows that Lagos is an illusion.

I don't know what you mean by being a first class liar...
Cos I don't know the yard Stick used by you to measure a pure civil service with the commercial hub of the country. Except just to advance your ignorance cum stupidity in the social media platform.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by princeade86(m): 6:17am On Sep 10, 2023
Dammyseyon:

that could have made them to spent like 21 years to constructed how many kilometers rail line. And many roads have been under construction since Tinubu time. Like suru alaba to festac side. Like orile to okokomaiko express. But they will quick finished rich men roads. I don't know what masses do them. Even in surulere, check where big men are living compare to where average people are living.

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by princeade86(m): 6:19am On Sep 10, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Yeah, 21 years is a long time. But slow and steady lagos will get there.
u can imagine our mentality? And u are surprised the kind of leaders we got because of this mentality? Chai....
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by princeade86(m): 6:20am On Sep 10, 2023
Dammyseyon:

and to still tell u, another governor will continue in the next 8 years. Using d project to siphone money when they knew nobody can challenge them in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by PaulH07: 6:49am On Sep 10, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Yes, it will happen.

Some of them will be employed in the new the transportation system. Those that are willing to work.

While the rest of them would return to robbing and raping our wives like the days of Abacha in Somolu...
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Sleekfingers: 8:25am On Sep 10, 2023
PaulH07:

While the rest of them would return to robbing and raping our wives like the days of Abacha in Somolu...

The police will take care of that.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Sleekfingers: 8:28am On Sep 10, 2023
princeade86:
u can imagine our mentality? And u are surprised the kind of leaders we got because of this mentality? Chai....

What do you expect me to say or do? Go and beat the governor?
Yes, Lagos is developing on a slow space compare to other cities of the world. But gradually will get there.
Re: Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat by Irony1: 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2023
Jackiedemie:

I don't know what you mean by being a first class liar...
Cos I don't know the yard Stick used by you to measure a pure civil service with the commercial hub of the country. Except just to advance your ignorance cum stupidity in the social media platform.

Dude stop being naive Uyo has what it takes plus the infrastructure to become the hub of trade in the future. They have infrastructure far better than Lagos. The road networks are second to none. Mckinsey made a prediction that by 2030 people will move away from Lagos to cities like Onitsha and Uyo so please stop this deceit here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fatal Accident In Onitsha, Driver And One Passenger Died (Graphic Photos) / Wes Payment Issue / Trailers Illegally Parked Along Amuwo-Okota Road Lagos state Causing Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.