Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

I Want To Divorce And Live Alone - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Divorce And Live Alone (47719 Views)

My Wife Is Seeking For Divorce And She Is Crying / Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by pansophist(m): 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2023
100k is too small na. It's your wife we are talking about here, not some employee.

But divorce is too far, don't do that. You have kids, and lack of sex is not a good reason to break up your home.

If you're a traditionalist, I for advice you to behave like the Ugandans. But you're most likely not. grin
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Damades(m): 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2023
Chief I think you are the problem of yourself. Your kind woman is the type that many responsible men out there are praying for and you want to divorce her because of ordinary sex. Ok , go ahead. You better think twice before you embark on taking wrong decisions that may destroy your children future.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by chingydaboss(m): 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2023
God Hates Divorce, It is in the Bible.

Make peace with your wife and ask God for forgiveness for thinking in that way.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by nolywe(m): 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2023
The problem here is that you are making #700+ in a month.. Assuming it is #50k per month...Family problem for wan kee yoo..too much sex no go dey hungry you...That #700+ is a sex subsidy...Too much money is making men to want too much sex...God please give me too much money too🤣😂🤣

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by VIKTO83(m): 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2023
Why did she stop loving sex with u?
From ur story she wasn't like that.
So ask urself why she stopped enjoying sex with u.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Lanruze: 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2023
I carefully read through your write-up and complaint and from the write-up alone, the whole problem has been detected.

Have balls Man.

Your write up shows you grew up in the midst of women or you chose a wrong mentor.

The most attractive feature of a Man is showing leadership and direction for your family and spouse. You don't show it by saying "sisi" things like you don't drink, smoke, womanise, keep late nights etc.

Who cares ? Man up and behave like a real man. Toughen up. She knows your weakness already and you are very predictable.

Most women don't find predictable Men attractive, even if you are a provider and spend on them. When you begin to ask for sex and get resistance regularly, it's a big red flag.

My advice is this; Watch Nat Geo Wild and see how the Lion pride is run by the Lion himself, you will understand what being a Man is.

Secondly, define a period of maybe sometime and change your behavior. You may keep spontaneous late nights, don't ask her for sex at all for a certain period. Eat out and tell her not to bother cooking that you are fine.

Check her reaction after like a month if it was effective or not.

The love language of some women is different from others.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by ADURA123(m): 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2023
Entanglement:
you are a mumu man undecided
Washing machine no dey? And na everytime she go dey go market undecided

How can i be earning such amount with other side hustle and don't get basic house needs? bro u no dey my shoe, He who wears it knows were it pinches, i dont think some of you expect me to put up everything i am doing for her here, did i mentioned that the investment in question by the time it matures she will be going home with 3m annually from the turnover? you people should know that no man wants to bring his problem to public , but then at some point you are left with no choice.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by PileHerbalRegen: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2023
Offpointng:

clean, wash and market runs. is it an everyday thing?? And what's the duty of a wife if she wouldn't cook? Like nigga are you this dumb?? So he that risk his daily life daily to rake in 700k monthly is playing?

Some of y'all lots ought to be in concentration camps cuz what nonsense is this??
imagine the nonssense the guy was saying and it had the highest likes on the thread

honestly the level of stupidity is really high among youth ..no wonder marriage dont last

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by akanke79: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

If she will change I am ready to take her back in my heart the way it use to be, but right now I don't even feel like I am living with someone at home, I just fell I am accommodating her pending when the all my plans is out in public..but she has a up till next month to prove she can stay.
How can you not meet your wife 4-5 times a week and someone is telling me to be calm, all I do now is eat, play with my phone and sleep...I stay in Gwarinpa I know where to go and have girls for free, even kubwa is not far from me, I dey AbJ for almost 20yrs now so I am not new here...but thanks alot

How many times does she give you per week?
Try to take some house chores off her like get a maid to assist with the children.Children can stress women to the point they just want sleep.
Tell her your time table is 4-5 times a week or no deal except during period time.

Dont divorce her,pretend you are about to take another wife for this reason,also work on her libido.watch romantic movies together,take her out on dinner dates.
will you be wiling to have another baby when she gets pregnant?
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by samsard(m): 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2023
AKWATGOLD1:
My brother, my advice for you is based on the following:
1. You think is because of brilliance that makes you to earn so much but you failed to know that blessing comes through marriage
2. Listening to father advice on your marriage is not out of place but you know to understand that those ladies available in their own time is different from all these social media ladies we have now.
3. What is notice about ladies of nowadays is that they loose interest in sex when they have given birth to one or two kids.
4. Take a deep look at characteristics of your beautiful wife and accommodates your people is rare among the ladies infact your family will blame you if you divorce her.
5. Please seek counsel from your mother or her own mother to intervene on this issue that want to cause separation.

Abeg you people should drop that marriage bring blessings talk. There are millions of struggling married couples. You make money if you have value to offer and are in the right place.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by ValarDoharis: 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2023
Its a temporary thing...during project, everyone makes sacrifice.
Acidosis:

You're the du m.b one, clearly. Your earning is useless if it doesn't reduce the burden and workload in your home.

Stingy criminal.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

The union is 13yrs with three kids, my first son is in boarding school

Oooh good ...the introduction of the kids and how life has dragged both of you here and there has reduced that tight affection she shares with you....

Remember, the kids came from her three successful child deliveries or surgeries.....

The nurturing the kids up to this stage....

Man, try a vacation first ...( Only for two of you)

PLS DONT INTRODUCE SEX IN THE VACATION ABEG.....
Is time again to win your woman back , use those your evil dangerous plots that made her your wife....lols

Just have fun with this development than cracking your Brian on it ...
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by fayomim: 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2023
With the qualities you mentioned about your wife, don't divorce her, you will regret it ...

There is nothing outside ... no perfect woman.

Every human being has stubborn spirit so that is not an excuse.

Don't divorce her.....sex is overated
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by seyijosh: 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2023
This is called mid marriage challenge, where one of the partners become unattractive and sex drives/Interest becomes zero as partner.
My advice, rent another small apartment far from the house and only go home weekends or once in a while. Explain to her. and enjoy bachelor life again. You will be surprised how the chemistry will be rekindled and the urge will be fired back. just imagine the boyfriend/ girlfriend kind of relationship back then. You both love each other but you need some space. That wife you have is a good wife and you both have invested good 10years together. Divorce is not an option just some space to find each other again. Nothing is out there my brother.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Timtim007(f): 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
Have you tried a therapist or counselling....
Go on a small vacation..try and rekindle the romance na..

Talk to her for God sake..

I mean...tallllllllkkkk to her..

Unless she is tired of you too...

Which kine talk be this...
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:
Good evening fellow NL members,
My story may be long but pls endeavor to read to the end so that you can make proper suggestions or advice.

I have been married for more than 10yrs now with beautiful kids, my marriage is one that many Young guy will wish to have, but along the the line I don't know what happened things begin to nose dive. In the last 6yrs I discovered that I struggle to make love to my wife, she will either tell you ohh, she is tire or she don't like sex much..this I have endured for all this years with no cheating.
Her qualities are
She can cook
She can keep the house clean
She can manage resources
And she is accommodating to my people
In all this years I have never cheated on her, proudly saying it coz my dad warned me of cheating on my wife rather I should divorce her and go for another wife.

My qualities are
I work and earn like about 700k net a month.
I give feeding allowance and personal total of 100k a month while I invest the rest on a project which she is aware of.
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night
and I am the best friend to her and my kids.
Honestly having talk to her for over 5yrs on this issues of love making and she refused to change, then I have decided to yield to my dad advice and ask her to leave...she is not aware of this plan, but trust me it will hit her.
I allow her to do little job to have her own finance is not as if she contribute anything in the house, but she is claiming stubborn, I love her so much, it will hurt me to cheat on her, something I have not done since I got married to her.
I plan moving to a new place in February, and she doesn't fit into my plans.

My decision between now and December is
1 Avoid asking her for lobe making
2 Continue taking care of her so she won't suspect anything
3 when she comes close I avoid her.
4 February I issues divorce papers and give her like 1m to go get her life back

Is there anything more I can do for her?
Advice me pls...

Better have a talk with her about the sex issue.

I'm sure she will adjust.

Truth is, they say they're busy with kids, buh, mehn....unless a woman is already gone (I mean, cheating on her hubby), she won't want anything to jeopardise her marriage.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by ADURA123(m): 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
Lanruze:
I carefully read through your write-up and complaint and from the write-up alone, the whole problem has been detected.

Have balls Man.

You write up shows you grew up in the midst of women or you chose a wrong mentor.

The most attractive feature of a Man is showing leadership and direction for your family and spouse. You don't show it by saying "sisi" things like you don't drink, smoke, womanise, keep late nights etc.

Who cares ? Man up and behave like a real man. Toughen up. She knows your weakness already and you are very predictable.

Most women don't find predictable Men attractive, even if you are a provider and spend on them. When you begin to ask for sex and get resistance regularly, it's a big red flag.

My advice is this; Watch Nat Geo Wild and see how the Lion pride is run by the Lion himself, you will understand what being a Man.

Secondly, define a period of maybe sometime and change your behavior. You may keep spontaneous late nights, don't ask her for sex at all for a certain period. Eat out and tell her not to bother cooking that you are fine.

Check her reaction after like a month if it was effective or not.

The love language of some women is different from others.

This look like you know me, she can predict me, she knows when i will come back buying gift to beg her to forgive my actions, she knows i love her even though the love is gone now, she actually knows my next move....i am already working on one of the point you raised, others i mention them in the write up.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by fitinwell: 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:
My story may be long but pls endeavor to read to the end so that you can make proper suggestions or advice.

I have been married for more than 10yrs now with beautiful kids, my marriage is one that many Young guy will wish to have, but along the the line I don't know what happened things begin to nose dive. In the last 6yrs I discovered that I struggle to make love to my wife, she will either tell you ohh, she is tire or she don't like sex much..this I have endured for all this years with no cheating.
Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources
In all this years I have never cheated on her, proudly saying it coz my dad warned me of cheating on my wife rather I should divorce her and go for another wife.

My qualities are
I give feeding allowance and personal total of 100k a month while I invest the rest on a project which she is aware of.
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night
Honestly having talk to her for over 5yrs on this issues of love making and she refused to change, then I have decided to yield to my dad advice and ask her to leave...she is not aware of this plan, but trust me it will hit her.
I allow her to do little job to have her own finance is not as if she contribute anything in the house, but she is claiming stubborn, I love her so much, it will hurt me to cheat on her, something I have not done since I got married to her.

Advice me pls...

Oga your Answer is inside your question already....

Since you plan to move into a New Apartment without informing her...

Wrong move...

Why don't you create time .. take the Family out on an expensive Vacation Trip....

Within Nigeria or Africa...

Maybe 7days 7 nights kind of romantic trip..

Don't give her the Vibe or hint that you are doing that because of intimacy..

Just let her have Explosive Fun ...

And likewise you do same ...

Nature as a way of bonding you both together again ...

Then i also think that the Way you handle your woman sexually might be another issue here...

Maybe you are one way traffic Man during the Game..

Do you listen to her complain how you rock the Stage ..?

There is something Boring about your bedmatics that you are not telling us...

Kindly work on them ..

My One Kobo.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by KarinaSlim(f): 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2023
I won't say a thing until I hear your wife's story.

A wise man once said..

"there are always three stories in life.
The first person story.
The second person's story
And
The TRUE story".

The true story will always be gotten after hearing and analysing the two people's stories.

I'm out.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Entanglement: 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

How can i be earning such amount with other side hustle and don't get basic house needs? bro u no dey my shoe, He who wears it knows were it pinches, i dont think some of you expect me to put up everything i am doing for her here, did i mentioned that the investment in question by the time it matures she will be going home with 3m annually from the turnover? you people should know that no man wants to bring his problem to public , but then at some point you are left with no choice.
oga no be you I directed my statement on. Na that mumu man were call himself acidic, I dey ask am say how you no go get all those stuff. And that shouldn't be an excuse for her not to open her yansh to you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by denko(m): 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
You are crazy young man WHAT IS SEX when she gives you almost everything a man needed. those children you had is it not through sex you had them, you dey mad ooo. your are earning 700k and you are giving her less than 100k for food you are starving your family. at least 25-30 percent of your salary should go for feeding. you want to Bleep her when you dont feed her well is that not madness
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by ValarDoharis: 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
Thats why many of you are poor. You think the time in your youth when you earn more is for consumption rather than sacrificing and investing
descarado:

You are assuming he has.
A man that earn 700k in naija na big man.
Wifey should have her own car.
House fully equipped with modern kitchen gadgets to ease in housework.
Fully functional gen( cos of electricity wahala),then, even though you work, should help when you are at home eg weekend.
Your wife is no slave.

Our low mentality give birth to these skewed thinking and reasoning.
You guys should grow with the world cos you have been left behind.

Not, this is Africa mentality.

Africa that is synonymous with poverty and wretchedness.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by inforesource: 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

Which style is that? You think separation is the best way to go? Don't do something you will leave to regret. Keep talking to her and involve someone she revered. You can do it. Outside isn't good.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by hayoholla(m): 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

She shouldn't deny you of sex. That said, you should sit her down and talk it out. She shouldn't use "I don't like having sex as an excuse" why is she in a marriage in the first place. Also, you need to consider other factors that might influence her apathy towards sex. Either psychological changes to which might affect her sexual drive, eithe as a result of childbearing or as a result of hormones. It night even be external factors which can be work related, or might be you even turn her off sexually. Divorcing her might be too harsh on her considering that you stated she has been a good woman to you and your family.

Have a discussion about it first.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Slurity(m): 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...
I BEG YOU, DONT DIVORCE HER, LIFE IS MORE THAN SEX. SEX IS A BIG DEAL O BUT YOU CAN REALLY COPE WITH LITTLE OR NON OF IT. I AM MARRIED FOR CLOSE TO 10 YEARS LIKE YOU AND I BET I SUFFER THIS SAME ISSUE. IN FACT, ITS AS IF YOU ARE TELLING MY OWN STORY. THE KIDS ARE THE MAIN REASON I AM BEGGING YOU. MY ADVICE IS JUST 1. HAVE A BOLD MEETING WITH EITHER OF HER PARENT, PREFERABLU THE ONE SHE RESPECT MOST, DONT SEE THE TOPIC OF SEX AS SHY TOPIC THIS TIME. LET THE PARENT KNOW IN A PLAN WORDS THAT YOU ARE FED UP AND MIGHT CONSIDER DIVOURCE IN IF THE ISSUE CONTINUE. I WANT TO BELIEVE SHE WILL SEE THE ISSUE SERIOUSLY THIS TIME. GOD BLESS YOUR HOME SIR.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by coretechng1(m): 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
I don't always like to respond to all these. But somehow I feel I should in this case. Don't use your hand to bring problems to your beautiful family as u claimed. There is no perfect relationship anywhere. Tell your wife this your dad advice advice....let her choose between cheating or divorce. Are u sure she is not getting it elsewhere. Divorce is not as easy as u think oo. Don't shatter things bro.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Lama70(m): 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
Don't divorce because of this reason at all. If your wife was made to go through what they call "female circumcision", nothing can change her sexual feelings.

However, there is something you can do to keep your sexual drive low to put both drives at per. Ask from the elderly people around your place. Your joystick will be tamed like magic and both of you will be happy together. Lol
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by smasher1(m): 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

I'm a man. From all you wrote up there, you should not divorce her. It may affect you. We usually end up marrying the person that may not be the type we like, but we nonetheless manage them. They end up in reality being better than the ones we love but don't want to marry us. I understand your concerns, but as long as what you wrote their is valid, manage that marriage. You ain't getting younger.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by martinz1: 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...
if i were you i would leave her in the old apartment,
go to the new apartment and marry another wife,
also ensure your new wife can give you what you want.
then let her know that you now have a second wife,
then reduce your contact with her
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Ade1177: 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
Sex Sex sex sex

Sha

And na all these yeye Instagram big bumbum cause am

You wake up see breast and yansh everywhere

Every single guy is a lion both married or single because you're stirred up by what you see offline and online daily

All male wants sex every single day as long as dey get an erection

I even know of someone that has issues in marriage because the wife doesn't do bj

Some complain of sex style

Ladies during dating period can satisfy your fantasy but when married

You can't expect her to put your sexual needs first above the Kids and family needs

Because she will be naturally tired to do those kind of fantasies these yeye influencers put in your mind
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Slurity(m): 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
pansophist:
100k is too small na. It's your wife we are talking about here, not some employee.

But divorce is too far, don't do that. You have kids, and lack of sex is not a good reason to break up your home.

If you're a traditionalist, I for advice you to behave like the Ugandans. But you're most likely not. grin
Don't play down the pain of others that you are not experiencing. men are built differently.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by bolousadex: 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
everything is going well for you except the sex. That's like 70/100. no marriage is 100%. live with your problem bro. do you have kids, if yes, perfect. manage your problems - because you dont have real problems. a problem is when your wife is a terrible human being and doesnt care or respect you or your family or anyone around you. If you divorce your wife because of this, you are a big FOOL and you will regret it for the rest of your life. It's been 10 years and she may not be too keen about the sex again. Introduce new activities to spark up your relationship- don't keep her at home. go on vacation, have some moments alone together, get her a job. if she's a house wife. Let her interract more with people everyday, go to parties, clubbing /gym together, bring back those things you used to do when you first fell in love. Your wife is bored- DO NOT DIVORCE. My guess is that your house doesnt work or she's not actively into something. So you leave ur house in the morning, come back in the evening to a good food and clean house, and taking care of the children and you start demanding for sex. She's living your life- let her live hers' and you will see changes . I am a guy and been married for 8 years and I can tell you that you are the Problem

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

My Lazy Girlfriend Lacks Ambition And She's Pregnant For Me!!! / Please Take My Babies, They Will Eat Them; Woman Says After Giving Birth. Photos / Abusive Man Beats Wife, Wife's Fit Male Gym Buddies Beat Him Up Too In Revenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.