Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

I Want To Divorce And Live Alone - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Divorce And Live Alone (47750 Views)

My Wife Is Seeking For Divorce And She Is Crying / Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by denko(m): 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
You killed her libido through undernourishment
ADURA123:
Good evening fellow NL members,
My story may be long but pls endeavor to read to the end so that you can make proper suggestions or advice.

I have been married for more than 10yrs now with beautiful kids, my marriage is one that many Young guy will wish to have, but along the the line I don't know what happened things begin to nose dive. In the last 6yrs I discovered that I struggle to make love to my wife, she will either tell you ohh, she is tire or she don't like sex much..this I have endured for all this years with no cheating.
Her qualities are
She can cook
She can keep the house clean
She can manage resources
And she is accommodating to my people
In all this years I have never cheated on her, proudly saying it coz my dad warned me of cheating on my wife rather I should divorce her and go for another wife.

My qualities are
I work and earn like about 700k net a month.
I give feeding allowance and personal total of 100k a month while I invest the rest on a project which she is aware of.
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night
and I am the best friend to her and my kids.
Honestly having talk to her for over 5yrs on this issues of love making and she refused to change, then I have decided to yield to my dad advice and ask her to leave...she is not aware of this plan, but trust me it will hit her.
I allow her to do little job to have her own finance is not as if she contribute anything in the house, but she is claiming stubborn, I love her so much, it will hurt me to cheat on her, something I have not done since I got married to her.
I plan moving to a new place in February, and she doesn't fit into my plans.

My decision between now and December is
1 Avoid asking her for lobe making
2 Continue taking care of her so she won't suspect anything
3 when she comes close I avoid her.
4 February I issues divorce papers and give her like 1m to go get her life back

Is there anything more I can do for her?
Advice me pls...
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by chazon(m): 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
My humble submission is this:
Give her space, find another apartment and hibernate for a while. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Secondly, share few moments of ur leisure with her chores routine as a sign of shared responsibility. She’s gonna feel loved and appreciated.

Book a trip to a marriage therapist and discus openly before him/her ur greviance.

Sir, you gonna miss her if u jump into conclusions now.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by smasher1(m): 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:
My story may be long but pls endeavor to read to the end so that you can make proper suggestions or advice.

I have been married for more than 10yrs now with beautiful kids, my marriage is one that many Young guy will wish to have, but along the the line I don't know what happened things begin to nose dive. In the last 6yrs I discovered that I struggle to make love to my wife, she will either tell you ohh, she is tire or she don't like sex much..this I have endured for all this years with no cheating.
Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources
In all this years I have never cheated on her, proudly saying it coz my dad warned me of cheating on my wife rather I should divorce her and go for another wife.

My qualities are
I give feeding allowance and personal total of 100k a month while I invest the rest on a project which she is aware of.
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night
Honestly having talk to her for over 5yrs on this issues of love making and she refused to change, then I have decided to yield to my dad advice and ask her to leave...she is not aware of this plan, but trust me it will hit her.
I allow her to do little job to have her own finance is not as if she contribute anything in the house, but she is claiming stubborn, I love her so much, it will hurt me to cheat on her, something I have not done since I got married to her.

Advice me pls...

I'm a man. From all you wrote up there, you should not divorce her. It may affect you. We usually end up marrying the person that may not be the type we like, but we nonetheless manage them. They end up in reality being better than the ones we love but don't want to marry us. I understand your concerns, but as long as what you wrote their is valid, manage that marriage. You ain't getting younger. She's a good person in my opinion. Continue in the marriage.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Triplerg: 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night
You are a very selfish being. Don't you consider the future of your children?
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by ValarDoharis: 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
How frequent do you require sex per week? I wanna know if you're asking too frequently or normal
ADURA123:

The union is 13yrs with three kids, my first son is in boarding school
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by pansophist(m): 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2023
Slurity:
Don't play down the pain of others that you are not experiencing. men are built differently.

How I'm I playing it down? Please be specific.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by GodisFirst: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

Young man, please be patient and work on your marriage. Some women are like that. I takes communication and understanding to resolve this kind of issue. Sex drives in some Individual are not same but you can let her know how much her behaviour is tearing both of you apart.
Going for another woman may not be a solution because she may present the same after.
Try checking if the type of work or business you wife is doing is a factor, she may need to change job or business. You may increase the money you give her pending she get a better and less stressful job or business. Goodluck Bro.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by somehow: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2023
Take a break from her for a while

Go on a 1-2 weeks trip alone. Like go to another state and just live alone there.

When you come back, dont initiate anything, watch her make the move.

I think its over familiarity.

Maybe sex is now boring with you, spice it up with things she's not used to.

Anytime she comes to you, change location, have it somewhere new.

You can also learn to sleep out (2 of you) like once of twice a month, new location, new spice.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by koning: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2023
Damades:
Chief I think you are the problem of yourself. Your kind woman is the type that many responsible men out there are praying for and you want to divorce her because of ordinary sex. Ok , go ahead. You better think twice before you embark on taking wrong decisions that may destroy your children future.

@emboldend, are you married with children?. Have you aver been married and denied sexual pleasure for a long time?. You will understand Op if and when you do.

The only option outside divorce(for people with conscience) is to take a second wife, which the wife will not agree to or keep mistresses outside.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Geovanni412(m): 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

Do DNA on your kids first even if they look like you.

Then make your decision afterwards.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by 1nigeriamyfoot: 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

Let me tell you the truth, no woman is perfect out there

Instead of you to divorce your wife, sit her down and talk to her to let her knows how you feel

Be more romantic towards her just like you guys just started loving each other.

If after all your efforts still proved abortive, get yourself a side chick but never put her above your wife

Forget what your dad must have told you, chasing away your wife just because of sex will destroy you (quote me anywhere) because you don't know what the next woman will be also well being of your children should be your top priority
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by amadiwati(m): 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2023
Was sex part of the conversation you guys had before marriage? And how was the sex life in the first 4 years?
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Validated: 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

You are very selfish. For 5 years, your wife detests love making with you? Have you checked that you are clean, no body or ordour, do you bath twice a day (many Nigerians do not)? If your hygiene is okay, take her to a good hospital to assess her hormonal spectrum. You married a good wife but want to destroy your family because of ojukokoro. That one you are eyeing will one day become wowor too

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by LLSAINT(m): 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2023
I can sense you are writing from the pillow of fustration;
You should be grateful to God on where He has placed you but it seems you are inviting the devil to destroy what God has given you.
My advice to you is to GROW UP
Your priorities should be less of sex and more of the future of your children
Women tend to have low libido as they grow and you should learn to live with it.
Broz, let your mind be up in the future and forget your childish rant of divorcing which you will regret forever.
Talk to her, sweet talk her, surprise her, take her out often, be ROMANTIC and refuse to be the local macho man that demands sex like Gorilla.
I think you should work on your approach and you will keep having it when you want.

ADURA123:

I am not divorcing to remarry, I want to be alone and be free. Thank you
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by btsnm(m): 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

Going for divorce and being "free"?. It may result to a huge regret in life. I'm sincerely telling you so. I advise you continue to pray about your marriage. Keep on trying with her. Seek for sincere religious and professional guidance and counselling with your wife together. Indeed there is no difficulty without ease.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Kenosky1: 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

I don't think you are making the right decision by taking an advice from your father. Who says that gray hair is synonymous with wisdom. A woman who has such a wonderful qualities is definitely not a candidate for divorce. Have a chat with her if possible invite a member of her family that you are close to and have this issue sorted out. You will be shocked to hear that you are not the perfect man that you are making us to believe,
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by omooba969(m): 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2023
JONSYN7154:
Then reduce your sex drive.

One is that don't divorce her

He should reduce his sex driveundecided - shén gborò rírùn. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by WetSmoke: 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
Acidosis:

E shock me for real. I thought he had a case..
Na only you don talk true for this thread. The husband is effing stingy and wicked. Let him try doing what the wife does right now in the house and give us feedback after one month. Mad man!!!
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Tzar(m): 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
Because she has some excellent wife qualities that you can rarely find in all these modern ladies out there try to resolve the sex issue. Only kids don’t realize lack of sex can destroy a marriage just like lack of money. Please confirm the following before divorcing your wife:
1. Was she circumcised? This means her clit and some sensitive parts of her reproductive organ has been cut off. You need to focus on pre-intimacy and learn about her other arousal spots to make her aroused and wet enough. Also help her arousal with warming sex lubricant, so she doesn’t dry up & sex becomes painful.
2. Is sex painful to her? Both of you should go for STD/STI test. Sometimes these infections make sex unbearably painful for women. If there is no STD/STI, Try to use a nice warming lubricant like durex or fiesta. This will make sex less painful for her.
3. Does she not enjoy your pre-intimacy, sex stamina or post sex game? Please read voraciously about how to please a woman in bed. Spice up your sex with intimacy gadgets, sex card games and role plays. Women have a different sexual appetite and preferences compared to men. Find out what her preferences are. You will be pleasantly surprised if she opens up to you. PLEASE DONT JUDGE HER IF SHE OPENS UP.
4. Did her low libido suddenly start after childbirth? This is very common. Both of you need to see a psychologist and sex therapist to help pull her out of the very common depressive state in women after childbirth. They can even prescribe antidepressants for her.
5. Does she not mind if you take another wife? Discuss this with her. Let her know that the lack of sex is really affecting you badly and you still love her. Make her know you don’t want to cheat on her, however, you will be forced to date or marry another woman if she doesn’t improve on her sex game. Monogamy is a western scam that has solved nothing. Sometimes women up their sex game when they face competition from other women.

Good luck to you!

ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by omoredia: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
What i can decode is

1. You are a daddys boy

2. Your sex game is wack

3. U need to chill out

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by omooje1(m): 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
U can't right a wrong by doin wrong.
Seek counselling.
Advice her to seek counselling and therapy as well, it may be due to low libido.
Love your partner without doubts.
Ur earnings and blessings is because of the bond u both share, as God has made manifest.
Don't lose everything thinking if you leave her u become better.
There is no better person outside, make the best of the devil inside
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by ADURA123(m): 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
Slurity:
I BEG YOU, DONT DIVORCE HER, LIFE IS MORE THAN SEX. SEX IS A BIG DEAL O BUT YOU CAN REALLY COPE WITH LITTLE OR NON OF IT. I AM MARRIED FOR CLOSE TO 10 YEARS LIKE YOU AND I BET I SUFFER THIS SAME ISSUE. IN FACT, ITS AS IF YOU ARE TELLING MY OWN STORY. THE KIDS ARE THE MAIN REASON I AM BEGGING YOU. MY ADVICE IS JUST 1. HAVE A BOLD MEETING WITH EITHER OF HER PARENT, PREFERABLU THE ONE SHE RESPECT MOST, DONT SEE THE TOPIC OF SEX AS SHY TOPIC THIS TIME. LET THE PARENT KNOW IN A PLAN WORDS THAT YOU ARE FED UP AND MIGHT CONSIDER DIVOURCE IN IF THE ISSUE CONTINUE. I WANT TO BELIEVE SHE WILL SEE THE ISSUE SERIOUSLY THIS TIME. GOD BLESS YOUR HOME SIR.

You are not alone, many men are in this, and most likely the woman end up loosing everything she laboured for or built all the years
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by PepeXKermit: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

Imagine a woman typed th8s, imagine the backlash. You get woman wey dey cook, clean, manage money and you wan divorce.. lmao..

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by SIRTee15: 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2023
All these stories on nairaland nowadays....are they actually real or nairaland has turn to some mills and boom.

Every Japa story starts with a guy earning 50 million in bank account, 10 million as salary but feels he needs to measure his d..k with those living abroad.

Now divorce sef don enter front-page again. Seun I think it's better u sell nairaland if u are clueless on how to run it again.
All this stories won't take u or nairaland anywhere.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Btruth: 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
I thought you said prayer is the answer? 🤔 You are giving up already, right? Like this s.x is the key to happiness?

It is well with you honestly. I just pray you don't use your hand to destroy all that you've built in life.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by youngrichnigga: 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
Sit her down one last time to let her know your feelings, she might be going through somethings you're unaware of. Love surely doesn't die only on the absence of lovemaking. Be wise and thread softly, you might get a woman that gives you the sex you want will a lot of wahala to booth.......if you know what I mean undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Johnnoo(m): 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

Pls don't do this. I have many things to advise you but i don't have the time. You're a nice person, so also your wife. I want to ask you a question...
In a day, how long (hours, minutes or seconds) do you engage her with deep and affectionate discussions?
Your answer to this question will say a lot about your intimacy.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2023
Do you call her on phone just to hear her voice when you leave the house?

Do you romance her in the kitchen, around the house?

Do you reaffirm your love for her in words and romantic gestures?

Do you give her back to back orgasms?

No woman tires of sex who goes over cloud 9 in nearly every encounter.

If you don't give her orgasms then you have to seek for knowledge and up your bedroom game.

This is the mother of your kids for crying out loud.

Even though your tone suggests you're plain tired of her and wish to try someone more youthful, shapely and adventurous.

Netting 700k+ a month, its obvious the sort of golddiggers who would be throwing themselves at you.

We will still be here to read your woe-is-me lamentations a few years from now if you choose to be foolish.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by flinton(m): 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
Your thoughts are wrong on so many levels
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by ADURA123(m): 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
ValarDoharis:
How frequent do you require sex per week? I wanna know if you're asking too frequently or normal

4-5 times a week, pls note not " round" i mean on each act we do two round only. lets say early morning and night

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by MySolace: 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

No...this I can swear with anything...she is not just meeting my sexual needs, simple, she complained I have too much sex drive and she is not ready to be killed.
Abeg no swear for any human being, I take God beg u.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by luminouz(m): 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2023
JONSYN7154:
Then reduce your sex drive.

One is that don't divorce her

The way una dey advice on the forum taya me sha...so a man should reduce his sex drive by doing what? Cutting off his dick?

Yet you will still be the one to complain if he doesn't do enough to satisfy his wife...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism / Reason Why Tiv Men Offer Their Wives To Their Guest? True Story Or Fable? / Picture: Is This Love Or Madness? Men What Do You Call This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.