Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? (24673 Views)

I do not feel loved by my wife, Is this enough reason to quit my marriage? / Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? / Hauwa, Adam Nuru Wife Is Not Planning To Divorce Him, Stands With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
boldx:
As a man, I do not have any form of respect for any man that does not support his wife financially. Taking care of bills at home is what makes you a man.
Please separate from him immediately and go with the children. Relocate far from him. This will help you to heal very fast and take care of your children.
Ensure you have adequate backup from your family members.
So, divorce him without making it official?. undecided
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Bananapill: 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
Prettycute90:
Since we got married, everything about the upkeep, rents, bills, feeding, general upkeep. I mean everything is on me and he has refused to provide for us as he always claimed he doesn't have. I have always be an understanding person who believe, I should be doing while I can, pending when things gets better for him.
I never knew he was getting little little, but was gambling away with it.

We really do not date for a long time before we got married. Because I knew him back then in school from a far distance. And we liked each other but didn't date. So, meeting again after graduation and in a different environment, made me believe I already knew and the fact that we already liked each other.

He was struggling with a little job when we got married. My foresight then was to grow with him. I supported him in all ways. Infact, during our wedding, most support came from friends and relatives.
Because I'm not the type of a wife that pressurized, It took me a very long time to know the nature of habit he had that has kept him low even before I married him.

He is a chronic gambler.
No money stays with him. He wouldn't even care about himself so long as he can afford little money to gamble.
Now, I don't have a job and too much burden has crippled my business.

To be honest, I'm losing myself. Sometimes I feel I need a therapy myself.
My husband has refused to change or make effort to make this marriage work.
Before I had my second child, he was pretending as if he has changed. But immediately I took in, he continues this lifestyle. I almost died due to emotional breakdown and responsibilities shouldered by myself.

I have done everything, (both family members have adviced him severally, I have prayed, fasted, cried, shouted, talked with a calm voice, all my efforts. but non is working.

Presently, since two weeks ago now, I don't cook for him. I source for food for just myself and my children. We barely have decent conversation in this house. I can't even remember the last time we had intimacy.
I always avoid him, each time he tries to get close. Because of the situation of things in this house.
We had two children and I don't intend having any other.
The cost of taking care of myself and the children all by myself is emotional hurting me so much.
School has resume and I can't even afford all the expenses of taking my first son to start a new school and I know, he would watch our son stay back at home. He wouldn't care.

We're in the house, but he's only concern is how to get little money to gambles.

Are these not enough reasons to divorce him?
During one qurrel we had recently, I told him I want us to separate for now, so we can work on ourselves, and he said he will be with our children not me.
I see that as way to make my children suffers.

What can you advise please?

I just want peace of mind.

I don't want to waste my youthful life in a loveless marriage. Where myself and my husband can not support each other to grow in Love. Rather, stressing me.

A man who can't provide especially for his household,is worse than an infidel.
What do you do with infidels?
He can't take care of the kids but will only use them as a bait to extort money from you. If you must separate from him,make sure you get powerful people to pull the children from him. Let him suffer alone.
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
DaddyCoool:
■ Women RESENT being bread winner. It almost never works out
That is commonsense since the woman signs up to be responsible for the home and raising of kids in most cases, while the man's almost sole duty is to be provider to the family. What sane woman would be happy to bear her share of the burden along the man's? undecided

3 Likes

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by sonofthunder: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2023
Dracula123:
The only condition for divorce according to the bible is adultery

Gambling is a very serious addiction and needs a drastic action before it can be stopped, grace of God is also required.

I stopped gambling about 3 months ago and every month, my fiancee request for my bank statement not only for the gambling but also as a check to my spending

I can tell you that the urge to play is still there but I have a lot of people to prove wrong and that's my motivation.

There are ways to help him you know

I recently also helped a close friend from it, though he hasn't stopped but it has reduced by over 70%

This husband actually needs a strong reset.

1 Like

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by IamMobisola(f): 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
Just take your children and leave. You can go to your parents place so they can help you with the kids while you work.
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
Prettycute90:
During one qurrel we had recently, I told him I want us to separate for now, so we can work on ourselves, and he said he will be with our children not me.
I see that as way to make my children suffers. What can you advise please? I just want peace of mind.
I don't want to waste my youthful life in a loveless marriage. Where myself and my husband can not support each other to grow in Love. Rather, stressing me
To answer your topic question, any reason is good enough reason to get a divorce actually. There are no rules against that. Marriage was not meant to be some sort of prison for any person so if you feel it has become that, no body can stop you from getting the fk out. undecided

As for Jesus Christ , the Laws He gave center, not around divorce, but remarriage after a divorce. But I think before you even consider Jesus Christ applying to you, you need be sure you are first born-again--- not by mouth. undecided
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Acidosis(m): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
Solsix:

Only a handful of them can without making noise about it

Any woman that is happy about being a breadwinner clearly doesn't want the best for her man. Women can and should contribute when they have but they're not wired to take up that role. And being a breadwinner doesn't necessarily mean that the man must earn more income. It's mainly an act of responsibility - a virtue a chronic gambler lacks...

The OP clearly has a case. A simple chat with the human rights department of any police station will get her custody. Getting her custody is not as difficult as overcoming the emotional manipulation that comes right after separation. This is why it's difficult to advise anyone. She fit go back after 2 weeks for se.x.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by HaneefahRN(f): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
DaddyCoool:

But men do it all the time. I understand though - it's very hard to perform the man's role all day and still be expected to enjoy being the woman to your "wife" husband in the bedroom!

Are men expected to do all the house chores, get pregnant, nurse and care for the children while providing for the home too?

4 Likes

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by HaneefahRN(f): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
OP you are the one that wears the shoes and knows where it pinches. You decide if it is worth divorcing him. Whatever you do though don't get pregnant

2 Likes

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 1:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
Solsix:
■ Only a handful of them can without making noise about it
So, you know of women married to able-bodied men who carry the entire marriage all on their heads--- 100% responsibility of home and house as well as 100% financial responsibilities? undecided

2 Likes

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by gentlesmithugo(m): 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
Gambling addiction is the worst thing that can ever happen to any man.u will feel like u are trapped,with no help forth coming.dear sis I must be honest I feel ur pain.i was once a gambler though am not married.but even as a single guy,gamble did me shege.infact I stopped gambling since last year by God's grace but have not recovered yet from the financial strain it caused me.firstly,it takes a very determined man to stop gambling.if he is not determine to stop it,then u r wasting ur time trying to help him.i pray that God will send u help and I also pray ur husband quit gambling.

1 Like

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by chimaxx: 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2023
Your hubby needs help and you are the only one that can do that now, his problem is spiritual and not ordinary, if you are a Christian seek help from Zpmo of Evangelist Chukwuemeka Anozie Obi Zion prayer movement outreach on Facebook or you tube, follow then online and visit him in Lagos if you can, I trust God can use him to expose and destroy the Evil arrow on your husband and by extension family. Chat me up for further directions if you cannot get there link easily because of fake Zion account.
God help you.
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by KingLennon(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2023
Prettycute90:
Dating another man or hook up is the least of my worries now.
Gambling is an addiction and it is not physical as it make look. Pray for him. I can give u scriptures to pray with it for 7 days. If u truly love him, you can save him (Mark 9:23)

1 Like

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by NaBanga: 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2023
Give him a gap and separate. Stay with your family and work. He will slowly realize he is the source of the problem and try to change. However gambling is an addiction that is hard to break. He really has to be committed to getting help. Once you withdraw all your help, he will hit rock bottom and likely change.
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by KingLennon(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
Please separate from him till he's willing to treat his addiction, only him can decide to quit gambling with determination and self control, so separate for now.
I can tell you that gambling addiction is like cocaine. It's not going to be easy, it will take some time. If she leaves him, then he's gone for real. He needs prayers not primary school children prayers o. Am talking from xperience o
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Mombebe: 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2023
Prettycute90:
Since we got married, everything about the upkeep, rents, bills, feeding, general upkeep. I mean everything is on me and he has refused to provide for us as he always claimed he doesn't have. I have always be an understanding person who believe, I should be doing while I can, pending when things gets better for him.

We really do not date for a long time before we got married. Because I knew him back then in school from a far distance. And we liked each other but didn't date. So, meeting again after graduation and in a different environment, made me believe I already knew and the fact that we already liked each other.

He was struggling with a little job when we got married. My foresight then was to grow with him. I supported him in all ways. Infact, during our wedding, most support came from friends and relatives.
Because I'm not the type of a wife that pressurized, It took me a very long time to know the nature of habit he had that has kept him low even before I married him.

He is a chronic gambler.
No money stays with him. He wouldn't even care about himself so long as he can afford little money to gamble.

Before I had my second child, he was pretending as if he has changed. But immediately I took in, he continues this lifestyle. I almost died due to emotional breakdown and responsibilities shouldered by myself.

I have done everything, (both family members have adviced him severally, I have prayed, fasted, cried, shouted, talked with a calm voice, all my efforts. but non is working.

Presently, since two weeks ago now, I don't cook for him. I source for food for just myself and my children. We barely have decent conversation in this house. I can't even remember the last time we had intimacy.
I always avoid him, each time he tries to get close. Because of the situation of things in this house.
The cost of taking care of myself and the children all by myself is emotional hurting me so much.
School has resume and I can't even afford all the expenses of taking my first son to start a new school and I know, he would watch our son stay back at home. He wouldn't care.

We're in the house, but he's only concern is how to get little money to gambles.

I don't want to waste my youthful life in a loveless marriage. Where myself and my husband can not support each other to grow in Love. Rather, stressing me.

Madam,ditch that man..but there are two sides in every story though.
As for intimacy..where do I submit my certificate,I have a PhD certificate on intimacy and I can take over his former role in that aspect.
If you like, you can put me on 6 months probation on that, after which you will decide either to offer me the job,or fire me.
Thanks in advance, while I await your response.
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
KingLennon:

Gambling is an addiction and it is not physical as it make look. Pray for him. I can give u scriptures to pray with it for 7 days. If u truly love him, you can save him (Mark 9:23)
Addiction is mental and your Bible is not a replacement for mental health therapy. undecided

1 Like

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On Sep 09, 2023
KingLennon:

I can tell you that gambling addiction is like cocaine. It's not going to be easy, it will take some time. If she leaves him, then he's gone for real. He needs prayers not primary school children prayers o. Am talking from xperience o
If he needs prayers. He is a grownup and can source it for himself. The woman does not need to bear that burden on top of what she is already burdened with. undecided

1 Like

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Sky048: 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2023
Prettycute90:

He is a chronic gambler.

Which state are you from?
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by loffyloffy: 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2023
Prettycute90:

He is a chronic gambler.

The guy is an addict that requires care you or he cannot afford,it will take a miracle which may never happen to change him.

Get a lawyer and divorce him legaly and make sure the court grant you custody of the children, He is not fit to take care of himself, talk less of taking care of children.

Gather your evidences, the court will grant you custody of the children

1 Like

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2023
chimaxx:
[b]Your hubby needs help and you are the only one that can do that now, his problem is spiritua[/b]l and not ordinary, if you are a Christian seek help from Zpmo of Evangelist Chukwuemeka Anozie Obi Zion prayer movement outreach on Facebook or you tube, follow then online and visit him in Lagos if you can, I trust God can use him to expose and destroy the Evil arrow on your husband and by extension family. Chat me up for further directions if you cannot get there link easily because of fake Zion account.
God help you.
Stop lying! Gambling addiction is mental and the gambler is the one who goes to get treatment for himself. The reason you lot target the women is because you feel they are easy preys. Go find yourself a job and stop preying on the weak and desperate. undecided

1 Like

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by KingLennon(m): 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If he needs prayers. He is a grownup and can source it for himself. The woman does not need to bear that burden on top of what she is already burdened with. undecided
Not even if. He needs prayers and sometimes he may not see it though. I might sound traditional but as Africans, I think something is wrong. He needs someone to stand in the gap for him then when he realizes his shortcomings, he will sort out the full remedy for himself

1 Like

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Coolbite(m): 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
If you are in Lagos, and would want to work in Lagos, you can mail me today or reach me on 08150804239
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:

If you divorce him, you will suffer.
Next.
Get away! undecided

2 Likes

Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by KingLennon(m): 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Addiction is mental and your Bible is not a replacement for mental health therapy. undecided
Romans 12:2

2 Timothy 1:7

Mental health therapy is not just going to see a therapist. You may see the best therapist from Harvard, Cambridge and still not get it right. I pray God gives u understanding....
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Truvelisback(m): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
Prettycute90:

He is a chronic gambler.

Don't divorce him yet, just focus more on yourself and your kids until he comes to his senses.
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
KingLennon:
■ Romans 12:2 2 Timothy 1:7
Mental health therapy is not just going to see a therapist. You may see the best therapist from Harvard, Cambridge and still not get it right.
■ I pray God gives u understanding....
1. The statement in bold reveals you are just a desperate 419er. undecided

2. Leave God's mention alone abeg because what you lot do in your churches in no way resemble that which God in fact commands. How many of the mentally ill peoples, many of them attending for over a decade, have your churches healed in all that time? undecided
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by DaddyCoool: 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Did she mention in her write up that she's looking for another man?

She obviously implied it. Everything doesn't have to be spelled out
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by adelafe2019: 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
PRETTYCUTE90, from your narration, your husband was living a reckless life before you married him. In fact he was very broke and satisfied with such life as well as gambling with any little money he had.

He was not ready for marriage because marriage is synonymous with ' a husband MUST be responsible for taking care of his wife and children financially' The wife is just a helper.

Unfortunately, because you were ready to marry,you ignorantly swop the husband's duty with yours as a wife by financing the marriage with the help of your family and friends..

Secondly, after marriage you became pregnant ,the man never spent on you, you delivered, and solely take care of yourself the child as well as paying house rent and utilities which were taking a tole on your small business.

Then with the status quo you born the 2nd child and then decide to try to change him to a bread winner. It can't work that way. Try to separate with him but go with your children because he can't take care of them.
He told you that he would be the custodian of the children if you want to leave knowing you very well that you would never leave the children with him.So he used tactics for you.

One mistake common to many ladies is their belief that they can change their spouses' bad habits after marriage. It is a lie.
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by DaddyCoool: 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2023
Saintmary:

Only a gigolo ever expects any married woman to provide.

Live within your means.

Unfortunate happenings may bring that about. No matter the reason for it, it rarely works out
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by DaddyCoool: 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
Prettycute90:
So, in your context, being broke is a yardstick for relationship? Not same with my opinion.
I'm broke and struggling. All I need is how to stand on my feet not a relationship or dating as you advised.

Suppose you're able to hook a rich older gentleman?Broke problem solved!
Re: As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by gazilion: 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2023
Prettycute90:

He is a chronic gambler.

Your husband is possessed with the demon of Gambling. He needs deliverance! Can I pray for him??

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

After 4 Pregnancies, 3 Miscarriages, 2 IVF, 5 Years Of Waiting, This Boy Arrives / 3 Missing Women Found Alive After 10 Years / Woman Celebrates Christmas With Her Quadruplet, Shares Adorable Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.