Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria (12352 Views)

List Of Ministers Who Plan To Travel Abroad After May 29 And Their "Excuses" / Xenophobic Violence: Why Are The Citizens Not In Their Countries? – Zuma / South Africa Says 67 Of Her Citizens Killed In Nigeria Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by paraphase(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travelling to Nigeria and continues to recommend U.S. citizens to avoid all but essential travel to the Niger Delta states of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers; the Southeastern states of Abia, Edo, Imo; the city of Jos in Plateau State, Bauchi and Borno States in the northeast  because of the risks of kidnapping, robbery, and other armed robbery in these areas

Violent crime committed by individuals and gangs, as well as by some persons wearing police and military uniforms, is an ongoing problem throughout the country, especially at night.  Visitors and resident U.S. citizens have experienced armed muggings, assaults, burglary, carjacking, violation, kidnappings, and extortion - often involving violence.  Home invasions remain a serious threat, with armed robbers accessing even guarded compounds by scaling perimeter walls; following, or tailgating, residents or visitors arriving by car into the compound; and subduing guards and gaining entry into homes or apartments.
   sad 

Armed robbers in Lagos also access waterfront compounds by boat. U.S. citizens, as well as Nigerians and other expatriates, have been victims of armed robbery at banks and grocery stores and on airport roads during both daylight and evening hours.  Law enforcement authorities usually respond slowly or not at all, and provide little or no investigative support to victims.  Armed robbers have boarded both commercial and private vessels to rob travelers.  The Nigerian Navy has limited capacity to respond to criminal acts at sea.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_928.html
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by igbo2011(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2011
They are trying to mess up our tourism economy :/
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Demdem(m): 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2011
Thats a responsive government in action.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by ektbear: 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2011
Unfortunate.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by JeSoul(f): 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2011
igbo2011:

How so? Is there any part of the travel alert that is not true?
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by kizito96(m): 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2011
What else do you expect. A country that values its citizens
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2011
rofl

Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by kokoye(m): 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
I wonder what is funny about this.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2011
I love Lagos , but honestly i'm not planning to come anytime soon. it's one thing to deal with no electricity and mosquitoes and traffic and general madness, but to have to deal with the horrible security and now the threat of Boko sef. it's getting too much.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by DammyBQ: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2011
Fact It Is And We Deserve It, grin grin smiley smiley
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2011
How come all SW states are given a clean bill of health?

We can now see the states giving Nigeria a bad name
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by meine: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
Abeg they've been publishing naija's name in that list before i was born. Let them stay in their country jare, while we rock this hood. Every weekend i see the CNN christian purefoy enjoying his life all over like no man's business, is it not in this same USA that bawomolo was shot?

This land is green enough for me, i dont know about YOU.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Skii(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
Sadly and Unfortunately, its the truth
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by eros(m): 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by ssjalo(m): 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2011
may God help and intervene,
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by pkv(m): 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
Dats 2 bad if not 2 worse.is actualy a global problem but naija own 2 dey obvious
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by kaboninc(m): 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2011
ATLgal:

I love Lagos , but honestly i'm not planning to come anytime soon. it's one thing to deal with no electricity and mosquitoes and traffic and general madness, but to have to deal with the horrible security and now the threat of Boko sef. it's getting too much.

I tell you, its one thing you will surely enjoy!
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by MrCork17: 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2011
OK. No more Nigeria for me!! angry
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by MrCork17: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
igbo2011:

Huh? Which tourism? undecided
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by obelisk(m): 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2011
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by boyt1: 5:06pm On Oct 17, 2011
Fake!!!: any warning on Oil and GAS also?
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:06pm On Oct 17, 2011
Who cares what the US thinks. I think Nigeria should equally warn Nigerian who're travelling to Baltimore, maryland and Detroit, Michigan. These are the crime capital of America.

The should also endeavour to pull out Chevron from Nigeria. Britain should do the same. Hypocrites.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by 2sleek2NV(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2011
i have this black american in my office that would do anything to remain in nigeria. he has been here only 4 months. we have foreigners of different nationality but he prefers to hangout with the nigerians. He goes clubbing with us, weddings, trip to Takwa Bay. we even had some naval guys stop  us with guns cos we stayed at takwa bay beyond 6pm and he enjoyed every bit of the begging. he would take a bike than go with the company vehicle to their residence. he just loves it here. we gave him a nig name already
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by SouthEast2: 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2011
Hope they stop coming for the oil too. Foolish people
Only fools will owe China billions and still give millions in aid to the same country
China must be ROFLTAO for them
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Siga: 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2011
And wats the name u gave him, undecided
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by boyt1: 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
old news!!!! @ poster, don't you have any other recent news.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Siga: 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
Old or New, the warning won't stop them from comin to naija now, too much oil, anywhere oil dey, US must dey, grin
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by 2sleek2NV(m): 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
not saying cos any1 could be reading this. he actually got this warning as a mail in is personal mail box sent to all americans resident in nig and he showed it to us.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Siga: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2011
2sleek2NV , u need to prove it ooo, I need the name, and there is nothin like Naija name, its either Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa, which i need to know, grin
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by kabukabu50(m): 5:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
nothing new here, everyone in nigeria already knows these are just the facts of life grin

1)A guy on my street got trailed by armed robbers on his way to Abraka,Delta State they used two cars to block his on the highway and robbed him,he had just come from Switzerland.

2)Down the street from where I live two guys from the US were robbed at night and their house was set ablaze by theives after they shot one fatally.

A friend of mine was robbed at gunpoint in Delta state and they took two brand new SUV's, a ML 350 and Range Rover he had just brought from the US.

Sh1t happens  cool
Its not like we go home for tourism, we go because of our families grin, you just have to be extra careful,never tell anyone where you are headed or going to be,keep a very low profile,and avoid late night outings,parties and questionable spots in your town.Don't throw money around and have an extra two eyes in the back of your head.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by ekubear1: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2011
dayokanu:

How come all SW states are given a clean bill of health?

We can now see the states giving Nigeria a bad name

Hehe

But I thought all parts of Nigeria are equally dangerous? wink That is what some would have you believe, no?
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2011
eku_bear:

Hehe

But I thought all parts of Nigeria are equally dangerous? wink That is what some would have you believe, no?

All parts of Nigeria are unsafe. it's just that some places seem to be safe. Most states that are safe are usually non-commercial ones like Cross river, Ogun, Ondo etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) / 8 Deaths At APC Taraba Rally: SGF Leads Buhari’s Delegation To Taraba / Security Agents Close In On Quit Notice Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.