Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria (12356 Views)

List Of Ministers Who Plan To Travel Abroad After May 29 And Their "Excuses" / Xenophobic Violence: Why Are The Citizens Not In Their Countries? – Zuma / South Africa Says 67 Of Her Citizens Killed In Nigeria Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
Thank you. I have cancelled by summer ticket.

Who wants to be missing between the point of DEPARTMENT in Lagos to PICK UP?

shocked I'll advice close family members to do likewise. The ones I cant stand, I'll make sure to help them buy their tickets.

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS A DIRECT FLIGHT FROM HERE TO EKITI STATE, PLZ LET ME KNOW. I trust my ppl. tongue tongue
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by ekubear1: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
afam4eva:

All parts of Nigeria are unsafe. it's just that some places seem to be safe. Most states that are safe are usually non-commercial ones like Cross river, Ogun, Ondo etc.

Heh, keep hiding your head in the sand like an ostrich grin
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
kabukabu50:

nothing new here, everyone in nigeria already knows these are just the facts of life grin

2[b])Down the street from where I live two guys from the US were robbed at night and their house was set ablaze by theives after they shot one fatally.[/b]

this is the most frightening thing about the impunity of our criminals - rape and videotape, rob and set a house on fire - i mean wtf is it with these animals?
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
afam4eva:

All parts of Nigeria are unsafe. it's just that some places seem to be safe. Most states that are safe are usually non-commercial ones like Cross river, Ogun, Ondo etc.

You mean there are no economic activities in Lagos, Oyo, Kano, Ogun, Abuja Ondo, kaduna, osun, Anambra that were not mentioned as risky
But we have enough economic activities in
AkwaIbom, Bayelsa, Bauchi, Imo and Borno that were identified as danger states.

Can you show us ANY stats that would support your claims of more economic activities in these danger states than in Oyo, Lagos, Anambra and Ogun States for example?
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Chyz2: 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
Akwa Ibom, Rivers, and Imo? How come?  undecided. . .These people will do anything to push their colonial agenda through false propaganda. I suggest Nigeria warn its citizens about traveling to Chicago illinois and LA County,California because of gang violence which claims over 500 lives respectively a year; New york City New York and  Camden,New Jersey for high armed robbery, car theft, drug dealing, and murders; New Orleans, Louisiana and Miami Florida for extreme kidnapping and ruthless killings.

Hypocrites!
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Siga: 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2011
This why I love nairaland, everything must come with prove,
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by oderemo(m): 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2011
@afam,which ogun state is safe? @ilishan a surburb of ogun, a first generation bank was robbed with total impunity while it too the police almost hrs to turn up after the incident.
everywhere is actually unsafe.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
dayokanu:

You mean there are no economic activities in Lagos, Oyo, Kano, Ogun, Abuja Ondo, kaduna, osun, Anambra that were not mentioned as risky

Can you show us ANY stats that would support your claims of more economic activities in these danger states than in Oyo, Lagos, Anambra and Ogun States for example?

There's crime in Lagos, Anambra and those other states. The reason lagos did not make and will never make the list is because Lagos is the most important state in Nigeria. Imagine, telling people who're travelling to the UK not to go to London.

For Anambra(Onitsha), there's still criminal activity going on there but it's not as much as what goes on in Abia state. And considering the fact that Onitsha has huge commercial activities going on there, it's commendable that they bdidn't make the list.

Btw, i don't think Abia and especially Imo shold have made the list. What goes on in Abia happens everywhere.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Siga: 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2011
Is there a safe place in this wicked world we live in? undecided
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2011
ode remo:

@afam,which ogun state is safe? @ilishan a surburb of ogun, a first generation bank was robbed with total impunity while it too the police almost hrs to turn up after the incident.

I didn't say Ogun state is safe. But compared to other commercial states, it can be considered safe.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2011
afam4eva:

There's crime in Lagos, Anambra and those other states. The reason lagos did not make and will never make the list is because Lagos is the most important state in Nigeria. Imagine, telling people who're travelling to the UK not to go to London.

For Anambra(Onitsha), there's still criminal activity going on there but it's not as much as what goes on in Abia state. And considering the fact that Onitsha has huge commercial activities going on there, it's commendable that they bdidn't make the list.

Btw, i don't think Abia and especially Imo shold have made the list. What goes on in Abia happens everywhere.

Your point was that it was economically in bold.

afam4eva:

Your point in bold has no backing at all cos the major commercial States in Nigeria were declared safe i.e Lagos, Kano, FCT, Anambra, Kaduna, Oyo

So the question is How did you come to that assertion that it was the less commercial states that were safe.

Borno, Imo, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom Bayelsa , What commerce goes on in these states
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by SouthEast2: 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2011
How is Lagos safer than Abia?

I dey laff. People take all crap from the US at face value

Ogun is a den of ritual kidnappers.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by SouthEast2: 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2011
The fact that Akwa Ibom and Imo made that list shows how fake it is
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by ektbear: 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
What even makes me laugh is people are calling this "colonial agenda."

Is it colonial agenda to keep your citizens safe and away from dangerous hot spots?

You may disagree with their judgement about which places are safe or not, but surely they are entitled to offer guidance and protection to their citizens.

Anyway, kudos to Fashola and the people of the SW more generally for maintaining an island of safety and peace in this uncertain and dangerous country and continent.

Your efforts may not be recognized by other Nigerians, but clearly there are bigger fish who have observed and commend you wink
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Your point was that it was economically in bold.

Your point in bold has no backing at all cos the major commercial States in Nigeria were declared safe i.e Lagos, Kano, FCT, Anambra, Kaduna, Oyo

So the question is How did you come to that assertion that it was the less commercial states that were safe.

Borno, Imo, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom Bayelsa , What commerce goes on in these states

All comercial cities in Nigeria are unsafe. Forget what the US thinks. Just spend a night on the streets on Lagos with a blackberry phone and see if you'll not be robbed. Lagos is nowhere near unsafe. I don't know where people get the idea that Lagos is safe. Thousands of people lose their gadgets on a daily bases to thiefs and the one chance people.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by SouthEast2: 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2011
http://odili.net/news/source/2011/oct/16/504.html

Why I raped housewife –Robbery suspect
By Moshood Adebayo, Abeokuta

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A robbery suspect has explained why he raped a housewife he considered to be old enough to be his sister during a raid in Ibiade Village, Ijebu Waterside Local Government Area of Ogun State. Seyi Lawanson, 20, a bricklayer, who allegedly raped a housewife of 30 years, told Sunday Sun that he was tempted by the beauty of the woman.

advertisement

Explaining how he and his gang stormed the victim’s home, Seyi said they were desperately looking for money to buy two motorcycles that would aid their nefarious activities.

His words: “A member of our gang, who had lived in the same house with the woman, led us on the operation. “When we got there, I entered through the window, which was made of plank, and later opened the main door. After I opened the door, one of us who had lived in the house before, led other members of the gang to the room where the husband of the woman I raped was sleeping.

There, the gang member collected N62,000 from him.

“I did not accompany them to the husband’s room, but went straight to his wife’s room, and I met and raped her before their neighbours raised alarm, and I ran out of the building to escape. When I left the house after the raid, I never knew I would later be arrested.” Asked the reaction of the woman he raped, Seyi said: “Initially, she put up a resistance, but I brought out a native knife, which looks like a gun, and she cooperated with me, and I had my way. But let me tell you that I had barely penetrated her when the shout of ‘ole, ole, ole’ in the community forced me to stop.

“I was pushed to do it by the devil and I beg for forgiveness from God and the woman’s husband.” Commissioner of Police, Mr. Nicholas Nkemdem, while reacting to the incident and other armed robberies in the state, lamented that crime had become a profession in the country. According to him, “in Nigeria today, many people, particularly youths, instead of looking for job prefer to be apprentice to criminals and later graduate into criminality.” He adds: “So, as we send people to school to engage in a profession or trade, there are some unscrupulous Nigerians, particularly the youth, who engage in nefarious activities.”

However, the Police Commissioner, who also paraded other robbery and murder suspects, assured that his command would leave no stone unturned to ensure that criminals were brought to book.

One of those paraded was an ex-convict, Tunde Bola, who had earlier escaped from Olokuta Federal Prisons, Akure, Ondo State, before he led a robbery gang to raid a family in Abigi and was subsequently arrested.

He warned against illegal possession of firearms by people, adding that his command would deal with anyone or group of people found with firearms without licence from authorized agencies.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by SouthEast2: 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Is it colonial agenda to keep your citizens safe and away from dangerous hot spots?

You may disagree with their judgement about which places are safe or not, but surely they are entitled to offer guidance and protection to their citizens.

Anyway, kudos to Fashola and the people of the SW more generally for maintaining an island of safety and peace in this uncertain and dangerous country and continent.

Your efforts may not be recognized by other Nigerians, but clearly there are bigger fish who have observed and commend you wink

This is delusion at its best
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by ektbear: 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
If it is delusion, then I'm in excellent company.

Hehe
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2011
Someone here replied that there are dangerous cities in USA like Baltimore, Detroit, e.t.c. This is true BUT at least in USA, the likelihood of criminals being caught and apprehended is way higher than that of Nigeria. It's only in a country like Nigeria that armed-robbers would come to your house, beat you senseless, order your wife to cook for them and spend HOURS drinking beer and chilaxing inside your property. Even if you call Police, you might not even get a response until several hours later ( that is if you lucky).
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by oderemo(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2011
How is Lagos safer than Abia?

I dey laff. People take all crap from the US at face value

Ogun is a den of ritual kidnappers
have  you evidence to that or talk is cheap as usual?
if u cant prove that statement  forever remain silent.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Chyz2: 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
obo_man:

Someone here replied that there are dangerous cities in USA like Baltimore, Detroit, e.t.c. This is true BUT at least in USA, the likelihood of criminals being caught and apprehended is way higher than that of Nigeria. It's only in a country like Nigeria that armed-robbers would come to your house, beat you senseless, order your wife to cook for them and spend HOURS drinking beer and chilaxing inside your property. Even if you call Police, you might not even get a response until several hours later ( that is if you lucky).

Lmao!
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2011
The list is perfectly fine guys.

even immigration movements in Nigeria shows that ppl are often reluctant to move or drive pass those areas, while the areas not on the list are frequent harbors for Nigerians who wants to live longer.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Chyz2: 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2011
And when did Edo become a SE state?
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Chyz2: 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
Huh?  undecided

ekt_bear:

Armed robbers in Lagos also access waterfront compounds by boat. U.S. citizens, as well as Nigerians and other expatriates, have been victims of armed robbery at banks and grocery stores and on airport roads during both daylight and evening hours.  Law enforcement authorities usually respond slowly or not at all, and provide little or no investigative support to victims.  Armed robbers have boarded both commercial and private vessels to rob travelers.  The Nigerian Navy has limited capacity to respond to criminal acts at sea.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by SouthEast2: 6:14pm On Oct 17, 2011
Crime war rages in Nigeria
Nigeria police and robbers battle for the high way
Robbery suspects are often paraded before journalists
By Sam Olukoya in Nigeria

The battle between police and armed robbers for control of Nigerian streets is proving a costly one for both sides.

Flipping through Nigerian newspapers one frequently comes across headlines like: "Police, Robbers in Bloody Gun Duel", "Robbers on Rampage Kill Police Chief" and "Police, Robbers in Midday War - Five robbers Killed."

Lagos violence
Aug 00 - May 01
273 civilians killed
84 police killed
133 police injured
Lagos, the country's commercial capital, is the worst hit.

Police statistics show that between August last year and May this year, criminals killed 273 civilians. Within the same period, they also killed 84 policemen and injured 133 others.

In the past couple of months, criminals have been operating with impunity, snatching cars on the highways, raiding banks and breaking into homes.

Tough nut

The police have been hitting back seeking to curb the crime wave, but in the first week of July, nine policemen were shot dead in Lagos alone.

Burnt necklace victim
Vigilante killings of suspected robbers are a problem
The police are also inflicting serious casualties. There are daily reports of robbery suspects shot dead during gun battles with the police.

Those caught alive are paraded together with their weapons before journalists.

But even though police authorities boast they will win the war against crime, they agree it is a hard nut to crack.

Soldiers

This is partly because thieves often operate in large numbers. Some gangs have as many as 50 men in them.

These gangs also carry sophisticated arms, like AK-47 rifles, and wear bullet proof vests.

The number of robbers is increasing like ants and they take joy in killing the police

Police spokesman Victor Chilaka
It is suspected that some of the gangs that have inflicted the worst casualties on the police have soldiers in their ranks.

This suspicion is borne out by the arrest of some soldiers and the recovery of military rifles.

In an effort to reduce casualties among its men, police authorities have given policemen the authority to shoot robbers on sight.

Shoot to kill

Lagos police spokesman, Victor Chilaka said: "Since the number of robbers is increasing like ants and they take joy in killing police officers, the police has decided to adopt this measure not only to drastically reduce the growing number of robbers but also to save the lives of policemen."

The shoot on sight order is not without its problems for the police.

On one occasion, police shot and killed five people who they thought were criminals.

But the families of four of them said they were victims fleeing from robbers.

For a police force with a reputation for extra judicial killings, this incident was one of several public relations nightmares.

But despite this, Nigerians are becoming more supportive of their law enforcers such is extent of the crime problem.

Vigilantes

This growing crime wave is partly a product of widespread unemployment and a rising cost of living.

For many desperate and unemployed youths, robbery appears the only avenue left open to them to make a living.

The robbers are a common enemy

Muri Adesanya
The situation is worsened by the ready availability of small arms like rifles and pistols.

In some neighbourhoods young men are teaming up with the police to help fight crime.

Muri Adesanya, whose Bariga neighbourhood in Lagos has been subjected to repeated attacks, says: "The robbers are a common enemy."

But in a worrying trend, others are taking the law into their own hands.

Attacks by vigilantes on suspects with stones and sticks are common and some end with the "necklace treatment".

A tyre doused with petrol is put around the neck of the suspect who is subsequently set on fire.

In one instance, five alleged bank robbers were burnt to death that way.

There will be many more battles on Nigeria's streets in the coming months.

Lagos violence

273 civilians killed
84 police killed
133 police injured

Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Oct 17, 2011
afam4eva:

All comercial cities in Nigeria are unsafe. Forget what the US thinks. Just spend a night on the streets on Lagos with a blackberry phone and see if you'll not be robbed. Lagos is nowhere near unsafe. I don't know where people get the idea that Lagos is safe. Thousands of people lose their gadgets on a daily bases to thiefs and the one chance people.

There are a lot of Americans in Lagos and they said its safe.

The US gets accurate information most of the time from Nigeria.

When they included Abia, DO you think they forgot the whole osisikankwu saga when a whole state was on lockdown?

Americans are not the target of Those one chance and petty thieves.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by SouthEast2: 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2011
Lagos’ rising wave of crimes

| Print | E-mail

Written by Olalekan Olabulo Sunday, 17 April 2011

[Some suspected armed robbers paraded by policemen in Lagos State.]

Some suspected armed robbers paraded by policemen in Lagos State.
The increasing rate of criminal activites in Lagos, the nation’s commercial capital city, seems to have taken another dimension as armed robbers and other hoodlums now lay siege to the state. OLALEKAN OLABULO, in this report, captures the fear and untold sufferings of its residents in the hands of men of the underworld.

RESIDENTS of Lagos State are getting increasingly worried about the upsurge of criminal activities committed on a daily basis in the state. The relative peace, which the state has enjoyed in the recent time, is fast giving way to the onslaught of men of the underworld, who have become a thorn in the flesh of the residents. Ultimately, the residents now live in palpable fear praying that dare-devil criminals would not visit their homes and unleash unimaginable terror on them.

The catalogue of victims is endless. The criminals seem to have added a new twist to their operations as they prey upon the state using every available means,strategem and opportunity to prosecute their nefarious activities. Time of the day is not a barrier. They carry out their opeartions at any time using tricks and sheer violence to achieve their aims.

A journalist with a leading national newspaper in Nigeria was, a few days ago, attacked by armed robbers around Ojota area of the state. Sunday Tribune learnt that the hapless journalist was trailed all the way from Ilupeju Industrial Estate to Oshodi by the armed robbers. The journalist, however, survived the attack, but has not forgotten the 15-minute encounter with the armed robbers.

Lateef, a cyber café operator at Ajisegiri Street in Ladipo area of Oshodi, will not forget in a hurry how armed robbers, not only robbed him of a day’s proceeds, but also took away the phones and other valuables of his customers. He described the robbery incident as “dream-like”.

Lateef, while relieving the ugly incident, stated that the armed robbers stormed his cafe around 8 o’clock in February 2011 and robbed him and his cutomers at gun point. According to him, three people had entered the shop posing “as if they wanted to browse. No one could have mistaken the guys as people who could hurt a fly. I was wrong in my judgement as event proved them to be dangerous persons.“ He further added that he was surprised when two of them brought out pistols and subjected everybody in the cafe to a thorough search.The armed robbers, who reportedly came on a motor bike, operated for about 25 minutes and carted away items worth thousands of naira.

Early this year, three members of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria (VGN), including their leader in Ebute Meta area of the state, were killed by a gang of yet-to-be-identified gunmen, who invaded the area. The vigilante members were responding to gunshots in the area, when they lost their lives, in an incident that created tension in Ebute Meta.

Residents of Adeyemi Primary School area of Alakuko in the state also had their bitter pills of armed robbery resurgence about two weeks ago, when a gang of about 20 heavily armed robbers invaded the area. The robbers were said to have operated for more than three hours moving from one house to another.

A resident of the area, who pleaded anonymity, while speaking with Sunday Tribune stated that the robbers announced their arrival into the street with heavy gunshots that shook the entire community. The resident stated that though his house was not attacked, no fewer than 90 per cent of the houses in the street were robbed, with valuables including jewelry, phones and cash taken away.

Ticketers of the state’s Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) at Lagos Island also suffered from the rising wave of violence in Lagos State. An eye witness informed Sunday Tribune that gun men had severally robbed the BRT personnel and made away with their proceeds.

The armed robbers were said to have had a free day operating between Leventis and TBS, not minding the presence of police vans in some parts of the island, they operated without any fear of being confronted by policemen.

The Lagos Island story is just one of the numerous tales of the rise in armed and petty robbery in Lagos State. Residents of Iba, Agege, Iyana Ipaja, Ikeja, Abule Egba, Ketu, Ikorodu and other parts of the state can attest to the fact that crime rate is increasing in the state daily.

More worrisome about the rate of armed robbery in the state is the brazen use of firearms by hoodlums who are also suspected to be cult members.

A nursing mother was killed early this year by suspected cult members, after accusing her of shielding a member of a rival faction. The killing of the nursing mother nearly degenerated into a major crisis in the state, as a monarch was forced to flee the town.

Residents of Ikorodu have also had their share of cultists attacks. A youngster in the community was recently macheted to death during a clash that ensued over a disagreement among youths in the town.

A journalist, who resides in Ikorodu, informed Sunday Tribune that the rate at which youths freely use arms in the area is worrisome. The journalist, who identified himself simply as Wale, alleged that cultists had completely taken over the control of Ikorodu and that the security operatives in the area had not been able to checkmate them.

The use of motorcycle for armed robbery is also on the rise in Lagos. Robbers, who operate on motorcycles, are gradually finding their way back to Lagos, after they had been smoked out of the state by the state government. These “motorcycle armed robbers” take advantage of the traffic situation in the state to wreck havoc on law abiding residents.

The Lagos State police command has denied the rising wave of crime in the state, saying the state had witnessed a reduction in the level of crime when compared to what it used to be a few years ago, though the residents claimed that the police command was being economical with the truth and probably wanted to feign ignorance of their plight in the hands of men of the underworld.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/crime-features/3636-lagos-rising-wave-of-crimes

Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Oletunow(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
dayokanu:

The whole of the last paragraph was dedicated to the Lagos State alone. Lagos is prominently mentioned in the alert and given more space and details than the other States, so I do not know what you guys are saying,
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
dayokanu:

When they included Abia, DO you think they forgot the whole osisikankwu saga when a whole state was on lockdown?

Have you ever heard of a white man being kidnapped in Abia? White people in Lagos are always security conscious. You don't see a white man taking a stroll by 9pm in Iyana Ipaja.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
South.East:

Lagos violence
[size=18pt]Aug 00 - May 01[/size]273 civilians killed
84 police killed
133 police injured
Lagos, the country's commercial capital, is the worst hit.

Police statistics show that between August last year and May this year, criminals killed 273 civilians. Within the same period, they also killed 84 policemen and injured 133 others.

So you had to go dig up security report of 10yrs ago? Why not those in the time of biafra or Nazi germany?
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by SouthEast2: 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Please stop that bull! What you are saying is because you know one or two persons who were able to walk a couple of nights in Lagos with a Blackberry and not get robbed, we should then throw out all collected reports indicating an increase in crime in Lagos, over the last couple of months then?? GOSH!!!!

You mention US Citizens who live in Lagos and I ask you how many of them walk around like the millions of Nigerians in the same Lagos, and tell you at the end of the day that all is well? 

ode remo:

It's mind boggling how people decide to throw out all reason just so they can win one brownie for some silly stance. The reports show that crime is on the increase. Even Fashola has NOT Denied this, but some claim all reports should be ignored simply because they feel safe?? The one lady from up the street who moved her whole family down to Nigeria a couple of years ago, still watches where she goes. I told her to drive to the mainland to see where I grew up and to this year, she speaks of how afraid she is she might get stuck in traffic till nightfall which is risky in Lagos, according to her. LOL She is paranoid(always reading up on crime in the state to see if the trend is moving to the islands, and telling you how it is not a good idea to do this or that . . .) and she is a US citizen in Lagos!! US Embassy workers drive around in armored vehicles and you talk of how SAFE Lagos is??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Unfair To Buhari, Says El-rufai / 2019: Cash Crunch Hits APC, PDP / NGF To Governors: Recession May Come In 2020, Prepare For Tough Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.