Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria (12345 Views)

List Of Ministers Who Plan To Travel Abroad After May 29 And Their "Excuses" / Xenophobic Violence: Why Are The Citizens Not In Their Countries? – Zuma / South Africa Says 67 Of Her Citizens Killed In Nigeria Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by owobokiri(m): 7:44pm On Oct 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You don't get it do you? Many of these US Citizens being advised are Nigerians -- dark skin and all like you. Most likely the one that was kidnapped in September was a Nigerian who also happens to be an American citizen. Why do we like to reason only with one side of our brains on these issues

Ehmm, I am actually reasoning with all sides of my brain. Who cares whether the alert is for Americans or for Burmese? They are of no use to Nigeria at the moment since they only "invest" in our oil so they should stay home! I just think that most times, some of these policies show an amazing level of double standard. They will support stuupid governments like that of Babangida and Obasanjo while they are busy running down the country. When the crime rate rises as a result, they will stand aside and start issuing travelling alerts. American oil workers are in those cities sucking Nigerian oil day and night. They should be removed based on this alert. Let them go home and wait till we have security before the come back to suck more oil. If a Nigerian needs this kind of advice before deciding on whether to visit Nigeria, then something is wrong.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by tsadiq(m): 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2011
After all nigerians are not in need of US citezen in their country, Nonsence , !
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by ektbear: 7:53pm On Oct 17, 2011

Na wa o

Where is Nchara to address this matter grin tongue
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by MrWhy1(m): 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2011
Typical America knee jerk reaction. Didn't they claim New York was safe before 9/11?  Are Americans frequent visitors to Nigeria? Bunch of hypocrites. They only come to get something out of the ground when necessary.

They should stick to solving their problem in their home turf. The middle class there is fast eroding. Marxism has never been true than what is happening in America today. America could explode anytime, lots of very angry people there.

Nigeria got her ills, so do other nations including America. But some people who were born and bred in Nigeria, instead of thinking ways to better their motherland would prefer to sideline her in favor of some "adopted homeland" because they are getting scraps from the table.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by SouthEast2: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Na wa o

Where is Nchara to address this matter grin tongue

When you finish addressing the post below and others I have made to show that Lagos and the entire SW are as unsafe as anywhere else in Nigeria.

What do the Americans know about Nigeria? wink wink wink wink

================================================================
Villagers discover suspected kidnappers' den in Ogun State

By Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji

August 1, 2011 02:04PM

A shocking discovery of what appears to be a den of kidnappers was made at the weekend in a village in Ogun State, with a number of decomposing mutilated bodies strewn across the spot.
A visit by NEXT to the site, in company of a local vigilante group who uncovered the site, near Labiade-Akaso village in Onipepeye Community, along Abeokuta-Owode-Sagamu expressway, revealed the bodies of some suspected victims of the killers, including the mutilated body of a baby.

However, as at the time of this report, a suspected member of the gang, allegedly caught inside a Jeep car near the spot, had been arrested and was being detained at Owode Police Station, while police sources informed that the suspect would be transferred to the police headquarters at Eleweran, Abeokuta for further interrogation.
Narrating how the den was uncovered, a leader of the vigilante group in Obafemi Owode Local Government, Sakiru Ewuoso said they received information from villagers about the suspicious movement of the suspect.

Mr Ewuoso said in view of this, the group accosted the suspect, who informed them that his car had a fault and that he needed some water for the radiator. He said his volunteers then provided the suspect with water, which he poured in the car's radiator and drove off.

However, because of their suspicion, he said his group decided to wait a while and went into hiding after the man left. The waiting paid off as, a few hours later, the suspect returned to the scene in the company of other suspected members of the gang and was freshly confronted by the vigilante group.
Mr Ewuoso said the suspects, on sighting the vigilante group, opened fire on them but they overpowered the suspects, leading to the arrest of one of them and confiscation of the Jeep car, while the others fled.

"In our search for those fleeing, we decided to comb the bush around the area, where we noticed a footpath, which eventually led them to the den, where numbers of corpses were discovered," he said. "The police was immediately alerted and they did not waste time in following us to the den, where they themselves saw the gory stage of some decomposed bodies. We had since handed over the arrested suspect to the police at Owode Police Station, along with the Jeep Car."
The traditional ruler of Owode-Egba, whose jurisdiction covers the community affected, Kolawole Aremu Sowemimo expressed shock over the development, recalling that information about the discovery was brought to his notice by the vigilante group.

"Following the information when the vigilante group came to my palace, I immediately alerted the local government authority and the police. So the police authority in conjunction with the vigilante group swung into action leading to the apprehension of one of the suspects," Mr Sowemimo said.

Fear in the village

He, however, appealed to his subjects to remain calm, saying all hands were on deck to get to the root of the matter.
"I don't want things like this in my domain, and I am also calling on all my subjects to always report any suspicious movement and unfamiliar faces," he said.
A resident of Labiade-Akaso village, Musiliu Osho said the situation was worrisome and village children might be forced to stop schooling because of the fear they might be kidnapped by suspected ritualists.

"Our children can now no longer go to schools on their own, except we take them there and return them," he said in Yoruba. "We have to stop them from going to school for fear of these ritualists. We are appealing to the state government to come to our aid."
The spokesperson of the State Police Command, Muyiwa Adejobi, equally confirmed the discovery as well as the arrest of a suspect, adding that investigation into the matter was in full course.

"The Commissioner of Police, Nicholas Nkemdene has ordered the transfer of the suspect to Eleweran Police Headquarters, while investigations have commenced in earnest," he said. "If the suspect is found wanting, he would not be spared while collaborators would also face the wrath of the law."

Back

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5736518-146/villagers_discover_suspected_kidnappers_den_in.csp
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Oct 17, 2011
owobokiri:

Ehmm, I am actually reasoning with all sides of my brain. Who cares whether the alert is for Americans or for Burmese? They are of no use to Nigeria at the moment since they only "invest" in our oil so they should stay home! I just think that most times, some of these policies show an amazing level of double standard. They will support stuupid governments like that of Babangida and Obasanjo while they are busy running down the country. When the crime rate rises as a result, they will stand aside and start issuing travelling alerts. American oil workers are in those cities sucking Nigerian oil day and night. They should be removed based on this alert. Let them go home and wait till we have security before the come back to suck more oil. If a Nigerian needs this kind of advice before deciding on whether to visit Nigeria, then something is wrong.

Spoken again like a "half-brained" reasoner who has concluded that if he says he ain't, he just ain't! For pete's sake these are the some of the same foreigner who inject about $10 billion a year into the Nigerian economy. They are not all [b]WHITES [/b]since that seems to be what bugs you. Many of them happen to be flesh and blood Nigerians just like you, only they are also American Citizens, and rightly protected under American law.

Nigerians need to grow up!!!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by ektbear: 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
Nchara, you can post 1000 articles about crime if you like.

But no matter what you do, the judgement of both Australia and the US about the safety of our respective regions stands grin

At any rate, they are only confirming what any honest individual who isn't interested in lying to himself will say.

We all know what the most hospitable and safe part of the country is for investment, trade, and business. Hehe

I dey laff oooo grin grin grin
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by ektbear: 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
Australia sef says Borno haram, Abia haram, Anambra haram grin grin wink

Oh, and regarding what the Americans know about Nigeria?

Well, given the way they seem to have all the Nigerian politicians squealing to them like pigs and sharing gossip like market women, probably they know as much as anyone does about the country.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by aljharem3: 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Australia sef says Borno haram, Abia haram, Anambra haram grin grin wink

Oh, and regarding what the Americans know about Nigeria?

Well, given the way they seem to have all the Nigerian politicians squealing to them like pigs and sharing gossip like market women, probably they know as much as anyone does about the country.

Every single state is haram o !!!

Lagos or SW states are not any better
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by ShyOne(f): 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
quote by afam4eva

Who cares what the US thinks. I think Nigeria should equally warn Nigerian who're travelling to Baltimore, maryland and Detroit, Michigan. These are the crime capital of America.

The should also endeavour to pull out Chevron from Nigeria. Britain should do the same. Hypocrites.

I agree

quote by 2Sleek2NV
i have this black american in my office that would do anything to remain in nigeria. he has been here only 4 months. we have foreigners of different nationality but he prefers to hangout with the nigerians. He goes clubbing with us, weddings, trip to Takwa Bay. we even had some naval guys stop  us with guns cos we stayed at takwa bay beyond 6pm and he enjoyed every bit of the begging. he would take a bike than go with the company vehicle to their residence. he just loves it here. we gave him a nig name already

Welcome to Black Americans we are used to drama - a large majority of us, we face it fearlessly more times than naught - we don't fear much of anything whereas the majority of our white counterparts - over exaggerate and run from any and everything.  They fear black americans  (the majority of our intent has always been misunderstood by them and always placed in a negative light)

And foreigners are feared even more so, hence the warning that was sent out.  Just know that those of us who are going "to do" are going "to do" regardless of warnings.

[/quote][quote]
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by yoged(m): 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2011
Thank God its not all the State in Nigeria.Each country has her own disadvantage but ours here in 9ja might be more scary.that doesn't mean an American citizen won't visit nigeria 4 vacation. My mum's friend Lina from Memphis has been staying with us for the past 1wk and she's enjoying here in Osun state.took to Erin-ijesa waterfall. She love it so much. USA no fit decide 4 im citizen now.make den talk wetin dey want. There are so many American citizen that loves here.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by SouthEast2: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Nchara, you can post 1000 articles about crime if you like.

But no matter what you do, the judgement of both Australia and the US about the safety of our respective regions stands grin

At any rate, they are only confirming what any honest individual who isn't interested in lying to himself will say.

We all know what the most hospitable and safe part of the country is for investment, trade, and business. Hehe

I dey laff oooo grin grin grin

You can continue to live in denial. That is even good. While others find solutions to the unsafety of their areas, your denial in the face of ample evidence will consume your area the more. Same way you thought your area was richer than others until you were busted.

I dey laff ohh
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by ektbear: 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
Heh.

I am not holding my breath waiting for you to solve the security problems in your zone.

And quite evidently, nether are the Australians or Americans.

Christ will return around the same time grin

Regarding wealth, I thought we already hashed this out in the other thread?
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by owobokiri(m): 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Spoken again like a "half-brained" reasoner who has concluded that if he says he ain't, he just ain't! For pete's sake these are the some of the same foreigner who inject about $10 billion a year into the Nigerian economy. They are not all [b]WHITES [/b]since that seems to be what bugs you. Many of them happen to be flesh and blood Nigerians just like you, only they are also American Citizens, and rightly protected under American law.

Nigerians need to grow up!!!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Ma'am, can you tone down the haughty replies? There is a chance you are talking to a Nigerian who has "injected" a reasonable amount "into the Nigerian economy" too yet don't need another government to tell him when to visit his home country. America has got the right to warn her citizens about visiting any other country just as Nigerians have got the right to tell them to shove it when we are bored with all these their 'travelling alert' shakara. It is that simple. Not everybody is enamored with everything American like you.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by speeder(m): 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2011
As sadly as it sounds, USA right. That's the true leadership we are talking about.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by UgoBabe(f): 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2011
Oletunow:

There are about 10-20 Police in each city block, NYPD patrol cars everywhere and COPs on horse, etc that you really do not have to dial 911 to report a crime, if you walk a block you fine a Police to report the crime to or they might have seen the crime in action and they will be engaged immediately plus there are cameras all over, these attributes discourages crime alot.

COME ON!!!! 10-20 police officers for where?? which part of nyc do u see this sort of police presence?? you don't even see that in the downtown city sections unless something is going on, you're over over over overrrrrrrrrr exagerating bro,
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by UgoBabe(f): 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
owobokiri:

I just think that most times, some of these policies show an amazing level of double standard. They will support stuupid governments like that of Babangida and Obasanjo while they are busy running down the country. When the crime rate rises as a result, they will stand aside and start issuing travelling alerts. American oil workers are in those cities sucking Nigerian oil day and night. They should be removed based on this alert. Let them go home and wait till we have security before the come back to suck more oil. If a Nigerian needs this kind of advice before deciding on whether to visit Nigeria, then something is wrong.

good points!
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
owobokiri:

Ma'am, can you tone down the haughty replies? There is a chance you are talking to a Nigerian who has "injected" a reasonable amount "into the Nigerian economy" too yet don't need another government to tell him when to visit his home country. America has got the right to warn her citizens about visiting any other country just as Nigerians have got the right to tell them to shove it when we are bored with all these their 'travelling alert' shakara. It is that simple. Not everybody is enamored with everything American like you.

Like I said, half-brained reasoning!  grin Attack the messenger while ignoring the contained message and TRUTH . . . . if that is not 'half-brained' then by gosh, I don't know what else will qualify.

I am going to guess that some of us have come to believe that if we attack the messenger, somehow the message becomes null and void. The alerts have been on for years, in fact, in the last 10 years, I can say with the high level of violence, the US warnings have become near regular. That you read this one and determined it is 'Sharaka' now, only reveals even more what level you are operating on in this. And that is not an insult!

Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by kayc33(m): 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
and who gives a flying Bleep
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by boyt1: 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2011
´´´´´´´´´´´´

Guys in diaspora make una sitdon dir de listen to american gist. some of your mates here have big investments and properties to show for their hustling abroad, while the lazy once are waiting for america to decláre naija  a crime free nation b/4 they can come home and invest, or see their family members.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by mikron(m): 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2011
unfortunately all what the US said about 9ja is true. Armed robbers are taking over everywhere. The police? They are friends to the robbers. They aid & abeit them. I believe insecurity is a global problem but ours is obvious. There are tons of crime in the US too. Gangsterism, killings, drug offences, kidnappings e.t.c. No be only us.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 17, 2011
not surprised.

there is a political agenda behind this.
I am American and trust me, there is something cooking up.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 17, 2011
Is SE still trying to prove to NL US workers why they should add Lagos or one of the SW zones to the list?

Oh my!!!

If the SW is that dangerous, I wonder why every corner of Nigeria migrates there.

Yea, war is brewing there is sth behind this warning , start watching everybody moving to the SW twice as much.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by cynthiafred67(f): 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2011
Na 2dai? Abegi e don tei undecided
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by SouthEast2: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Is SE still trying to prove to NL US workers why they should add Lagos or one of the SW zones to the list?

Oh my!!!

If the SW is that dangerous, I wonder why every corner of Nigeria migrates there.

Yea, war is brewing there is sth behind this warning , start watching everybody moving to the SW twice as much. 

Keep wallowing in self delusion until those Ogun ritualists cut of your bo-obs for money making
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by EzeCanada: 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2011
The not-so-smart Nigerian Government should have reciprocated with a travel ban on " our crude oil & commodities " destined for the United States of America
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2011
South.East:

Keep wallowing in self delusion until those Ogun ritualists cut of your bo-obs for money making

Worst has happened in the SE. that's why most of the states are on the travel ban.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by peckhamboi: 10:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
God bless Akala, Daniel, Oyinlola, Agagu for laying the foundation for peace and security in the South West. cool
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by kabba7(m): 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2011
angry Is there a functional government in Nigeria now ? Heard there was amn attack in mobile police base somewhere in the north I don't want to belive that,that can never happen when the like,s of Adewusi or Coomaise were IG. Can someone up north in Nigeria confirm the truth or otherwise of this sordid news. That country seem in the hands of some funny characters.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by kabba7(m): 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
angry Is there a functional government in Nigeria now  ? Heard there was amn attack in mobile police base somewhere in the north I don't want to belive that,that can never happen when the like,s of Adewusi or Coomaise were IG. Can someone up north in Nigeria confirm the truth or otherwise of this sordid news. That country seem in the hands of some funny characters.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by kabukabu50(m): 12:31am On Oct 18, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

not surprised.

there is a political agenda behind this.
I am American and trust me, there is something cooking up.

not really, the US state Dept has been issuing travel alerts for countries including Nigeria for decades grin grin, Its just an alert, its not like they are withdrawing their embassies.

I don't see any reason to make an exceptionally big deal about it.
Re: Usa Warns Her Citizens Not To Travel To Nigeria by moreprof: 1:22am On Oct 18, 2011
USA does not need to advise its citizens cos we have decided not to give VISA to any American citizen till further notice, LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Tukur / Fresh Crisis In Southwest PDP Over Kashamu / Invitation: President Muhammadu Buhari Wedding Is Tommorow. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.