Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement (10891 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / I Am Thinking Of Quiting These Jobs Because It Taking A Toll On Me / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by KingLennon(m): 9:54am On Sep 14, 2023
They will only frustrate you when they see that you are the most qualified person for the job but they don't just want to give you the job. That is when you will hear flimsy excuses sad
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Skillsnigeria: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Exceed15: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:
If the name on someone ssce certificate is Tope Adam Folorunsho and his bsc and birth certificate is Folorunsho Tope Adam, is there a problem or the person can use the ssce like that ?

Will the person be denied a job? If so, what can the person do?

I don't think so especially if it's a private organization.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Starships4u(m): 9:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Attasco:
My friend,go and swear an affidavit that ABC or BAC is the same person. That the general public should take note. As for your instance on HND,PGD,Masters abd PhD is a different scenario.How can you lecture a university without having a university degree? Truth be told, there's a big gap between the polytechnic education and university education. I have HND, Bsc ,Msc and currently on PHD program. There's more research work in the University than polytechnic. Also,the highest you can see in the polytechnic is a PhD holders while in the University you can have upto 10-15 Professors in a department.

So there are no Professors in Polytechnics?
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by fergie001: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Anyone that complains doesn't want to give you the job. You are good to go.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:57am On Sep 14, 2023
Same with me but I don't have any problem with it. Even if you join politics it won't affect you since all the names reflected in your certificate
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by KATERINA80: 10:00am On Sep 14, 2023
You don't have anything to worry about, some institutes start their names arrangement with first name while some start theirs with surname, they always carry out verification so if your hand is clean just don't worry your head.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by WilsonBright935: 10:03am On Sep 14, 2023
Name arrangements do not matter. But if you're not sure of that you can go do affidavit in court.

If you bear ABC on a document and BCA on another and CAB in the next, the no problem about it at all.

But if you bear ABC on a document and BDA on another, then you need a court affidavit to back it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by aujile(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:
If the name on someone ssce certificate is Tope Adam Folorunsho and his bsc and birth certificate is Folorunsho Tope Adam, is there a problem or the person can use the ssce like that ?

Most of we Nigerians don't know name arrangement (even when the order it should be written is indicated, we just write it the way we are used to writing it).
I mistakenly interchanged my first name and middle name while filling my registration form in my first year and i carried on with it that way throughout my university days and that was how the certificate came.
Most employers won't really notice the rearrangement, however just to be on safe side. Just go and swear an affidavits for name rearrangement. That makes it one and the same person.
Pls don't say it doesn't really matter because anyone looking for the slightest reason to disqualify you of any job has a very strong reason with that.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Akpowene(m): 10:09am On Sep 14, 2023
Go and swear affidavit for Reconciliation of names, and have it published in a national newspaper.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by iamtardey: 10:10am On Sep 14, 2023
Make I go chop beans and bread first I dey come undecided
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by aujile(m): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2023
Attasco:
My friend,go and swear an affidavit that ABC or BAC is the same person. That the general public should take note. As for your instance on HND,PGD,Masters abd PhD is a different scenario.How can you lecture a university without having a university degree? Truth be told, there's a big gap between the polytechnic education and university education. I have HND, Bsc ,Msc and currently on PHD program. There's more research work in the University than polytechnic. Also,the highest you can see in the polytechnic is a PhD holders while in the University you can have upto 10-15 Professors in a department.
Even in corporate organisations a bsc holder doing very well and a hnd holder doing very well, will both get to a point where the bsc holder goes ahead of him.
I also know of someone that finished from a poly and went for pgd before msc and when he was informed by a lecturer that he won't be able to get a lecturing job in a university without bsc, he applied for direct entry and got his bsc before finishing his msc.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by JuanDeDios: 10:17am On Sep 14, 2023
duro4chang:
It does not matter. Carry on with it . It can't affect you but if join politics your opponents will use it against you just like what enemies are doing to Tinubu
It matters. Unfortunately, many educated Nigerians don't understand the concept of name order.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Ecbatana: 10:18am On Sep 14, 2023
zealousayo:

If you write another SSCE, red flags would definitely be raised. Don't you think it's a bigger issue if your secondary school certificate is carrying a date later than your degree certificate?

Good morning sir, pls shed more light on this. Because in my own case, I graduated with a b'Ed in French language in the year 2011; but before I could obtain my statement of result, I had to rewrite WAEC in 2016. This is because the school gave me french to study even though I didn't apply for it and neither did I have it as one of the subjects in my previous SSCE. Thanks.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by phemmyfour: 10:21am On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:

Get affidavit and submit it along side your credentials else the interviewer will see your certificate as forged
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Kobicove(m): 10:24am On Sep 14, 2023
Emma1Oj:
Yes. Most of them do look for one thing to complain Abt if they have their own candidate for the job.

You can't blame an employer for asking questions, the level of scam and deceit in Nigeria is very high therefore no one wants to be taken for a fool undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by youngrichnigga: 10:32am On Sep 14, 2023
In Nigeria yes but you can become a president with someone else's names and certificates undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by thatigboman: 10:39am On Sep 14, 2023
duro4chang:
It does not matter. Carry on with it . It can't affect you but if join politics your opponents will use it against you just like what enemies are doing to Tinubu
is tinubu's case name swap or name change?
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:46am On Sep 14, 2023
YES, very possible... Happened to me with a financial institution few months after I finished service, at their regional headquarters at pH, when we were asked to come for documentation

Only solution is to swear an affidavit saying AGF, AFG,and GAF are one and the same person
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by barristerbiodun(m): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2023
Well, to be on the safe side, have a notarized affidavit to the effect that both names belongs to one and the same person for record and for official purposes. The notarized affidavit should have your passport photograph attached. That should sufficiently and legally take care of your fears.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by gabbytabby: 10:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Try and correct it now it’s important.

If you have to retake your ssce to coincide with bsc and birth certificate except you will never use the ssce again.

Doremii:

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Advancedman(m): 10:56am On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:

You have bsc and you are asking silly question, or is it social media that have drained your brain such that at this level you don't know important of what you are in? have you not heard of name regularization meaning having your name in every credentials in same sequence?
Bro I dash you one better slap.
Now listening carefully...
Go and swear an affidavit to regularize your name has it appears on your NIN, BVN, and Most Certificates, then present such to any institution where your name is irregular to make the correction and if possible re-issue you a new certificate in your correct legal names.
Simple.
No need for change of name.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by gabbytabby: 10:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Trust me if it’s abroad as a black person you already have comma then you come add long story join something that is alien to them they will just wonder how come and leave your file for one side.

barristerbiodun:
Well, to be on the safe side, have a notarized affidavit to the effect that both names belongs to one and the same person for record and for official purposes. The notarized affidavit should have your passport photograph attached. That should sufficiently and legally take care of your fears.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by CaptainFM1: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:

It's good to be consistent though. However, anytime you scatter your names, do make sure you underline the Surname. That way people will know that's the Surname.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by nedekid: 11:03am On Sep 14, 2023
Another Tinubu in the making.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by gabbytabby: 11:05am On Sep 14, 2023
This will work if they will issue you a new certificate but you know how Nigerian institutions are notoriously inefficient with records and someone approaches them to verify your records only for them to revert to the old format.

Advancedman:

You have bsc and you are asking silly question, or is it social media that have drained your brain such that at this level you don't know important of what you are in? have you not heard of name regularization meaning having your name in every credentials in same sequence?
Bro I dash you one better slap.
Now listening carefully...
Go and swear an affidavit to regularize your name has it appears on your NIN, BVN, and Most Certificates, then present such to any institution where your name is irregular to make the correction and if possible re-issue you a new certificate in your correct legal names.
Simple.
No need for change of name.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by SpaceAngel: 11:05am On Sep 14, 2023
Go and correct it, swear affidavit in court and also publish on newspaper stating Lastname , First name and middle name. You'll run into problems in future if you don't rectify it.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Jide11CAC: 11:06am On Sep 14, 2023
We can help you with HIGH court affidavit and newspaper publication at an affordable price
Doremii:
. Do you suggest a change of name on daily news paper because i am finding it difficult to apply for rearrangement of name on the waec certificate as it is over 10 years I took the exam and I didn't bother about it since I was able to use it for admission or should I just rewrite ssce?
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by huntinghunter(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2023
I will suggest you do a newspaper publication and an affidavit showing clearly your name in the right order and make sure it correlates with that of your bank account. You never can tell what this minor issue you tend to overlook might cost you. All the best
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by theamazonguru(m): 11:20am On Sep 14, 2023
[quote author=Doremii post=125780 However, I guess that newspaper publication and a high court affidavit will suffice then.[/quote]
This is exactly what you should do
It won't cost you more than 2k.
I did same.
Since then no more headache or fear about the arrangement of my name.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by zealousayo(m): 11:28am On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:
. Yeah you are right but I have seen someone who had hnd, PgD, master and PhD, who later obtained his Bsc just because he wasn't given a position of full time lecturerat the university because he had hnd at first. However, I guess that newspaper publication and a high court affidavit will suffice then.

I get you. Like you said, he should get court affidavit and do newspaper publication. Either way, he will always have to explain whenever he tenders the documents.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Announce Locations Shortlisted Candidates Can Check Their Names / Vacancy! Vacancy! / Apply For Sabmiller Plc Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.