Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement (10876 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / I Am Thinking Of Quiting These Jobs Because It Taking A Toll On Me / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by zealousayo(m): 11:33am On Sep 14, 2023
Ecbatana:

Good morning sir, pls shed more light on this. Because in my own case, I graduated with a b'Ed in French language in the year 2011; but before I could obtain my statement of result, I had to rewrite WAEC in 2016. This is because the school gave me french to study even though I didn't apply for it and neither did I have it as one of the subjects in my previous SSCE. Thanks.
Questions will always be asked, but from what you said, the reason you gave is very reasonable. You will just have to do some little clarifications.
You shouldn't worry too much sir.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by AstrologyGuru: 11:36am On Sep 14, 2023
If anyone ever subtly or overtly encourages you to off yourself,... Tell them to lead by example first.

Bunch of depraved Clowns!!!

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Emma1Oj(m): 11:41am On Sep 14, 2023
Kobicove:

You can't blame an employer for asking questions, the level of scam and deceit in Nigeria is very high therefore no one wants to be taken for a fool undecided
By asking foolish questions? wen theirs is a certificate number boldly written on the cert! I know only private schls does that. A reputable/big coy won't say anything but send a mail or place a call to the schl for verification. I know of som1 dat was sack of resent due to furgery cert. How did dey kn? Dey sent a mail to d schl for candidate confirmation.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Cactus(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Yes. F be internationallyrom a legal point of view, the two names given are for two different people. Go do a change of name.

If you ever plan to do or apply for anything internationally, it will be an issue. And that will be misrepresentation.

Fix it or do change of name. It may not be an issue in Nigeria but it will definitely be internationally

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by doctorbabs(m): 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
Get Affidavit on Rearrangement of names. That's all
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by doctorbabs(m): 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
Get an Affidavit on Rearrangement of names. That's all. It happens to me and this what I did
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by duro4chang(m): 12:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
thatigboman:
is tinubu's case name swap or name change?
It depends on how you see it
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by duro4chang(m): 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
JuanDeDios:

It matters. Unfortunately, many educated Nigerians don't understand the concept of name order.
Can you educate us? As if John Kennedy is not the same as John F. Kennedy.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by scoobyblogspot(m): 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:
. Do you suggest a change of name on daily news paper because i am finding it difficult to apply for rearrangement of name on the waec certificate as it is over 10 years I took the exam and I didn't bother about it since I was able to use it for admission or should I just rewrite ssce?

My friend .. go to balogun they will fix it for you. What is the issue here?
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by MightySparrow: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:
If the name on someone ssce certificate is Tope Adam Folorunsho and his bsc and birth certificate is Folorunsho Tope Adam, is there a problem or the person can use the ssce like that ?

Will the person be denied a job? If so, what can the person do?

Yes. The reason for three names is to gusrd against impersonation. I remember in my university days, I took my results confidently to the departments for verification, then this lecturer pointed out to me something I didn't take seriously.

My names are xxxxxxxx yyyyyyyy Oluranti. In my SSCE result, the GCE, result, it was written as.xxxxxxx yyyyyyyy ' Ranti. The lecturer asked if I was using someone else's result. I was afraid. But I went to him with two results, each qualified me for the course I wanted to pursue. He just gave me the one, he complained about.
In anger I wrote to WAEC, for more than three decades now, no response.

What do you think Atiku is dragging with Tinubu in American and Nigerian court?
Consistency in records keeping and documentation is needed always.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by JuanDeDios: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
duro4chang:
Can you educate us? As if John Kennedy is not the same as John F. Kennedy.
Lol.
It's called "name order". First you need understand the concept of "surname". There's Eastern Name Order. Then there's Western Name Order. I could educate you, but you sound like the argumentative type, so I'll save my time.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by duro4chang(m): 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2023
JuanDeDios:

Lol.
It's called "name order". First you need understand the concept of "surname". There's Eastern Name Order. Then there's Western Name Order. I could educate you, but you sound like the argumentative type, so I'll save my time.
An empty barrel you are. Claiming to know everything yet knows nothing.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by JuanDeDios: 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2023
duro4chang:
An empty barrel you are. Claiming to know everything yet knows nothing.
No, I don't know everything. But this is my field, and I know everything important to know in it. Your attitude, on the other hand? Hmm.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by duro4chang(m): 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2023
JuanDeDios:

No, I don't know everything. But this is my field, and I know everything important to know in it. Your attitude, on the other hand? Hmm.
What is your field? You people like to brag online. You can even claim you have the reservoir of all knowledge.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by SavageResponse(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
Emma1Oj:
I once attend an interview in one private schl. After going through stages, then the final stage was with the principal of the schl.

Honestly I was just looking at his mouth when he complained abt my MIDDLE NAME NOT BEING IN MY COLLEGE CERT. I jus told him the two cert has certificate number he shld go and confirm.

The reason why the principal was asking you was so he could be sure that you're not impersonating someone else therefore calling the school will not help resolve that issue because it will only confirm that the certificate is authentic but will not confirm if the person who is presenting it is the real owner.

Instead of you cooperate you were forming oversabi.

I'm very sure you had never managed a common business centre yet you were trying to tell an experienced school administrator how to do his job!

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by chypotenti(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:
. Do you suggest a change of name on daily news paper because i am finding it difficult to apply for rearrangement of name on the waec certificate as it is over 10 years I took the exam and I didn't bother about it since I was able to use it for admission or should I just rewrite ssce?
please there's no need for newspaper publication nor court affidavit abeg..your name is very OK.....its same name..
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by LordFA: 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
I'm also using 3 names. All my documents are having the same name arrangement except my NIN where my first name is used as my surname and surname used as my first name and till today have not had any issue with the arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Kfed4ril(m): 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
Doremii:

Just swear an affidavit and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Tochj(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2023
duro4chang:
It does not matter. Carry on with it . It can't affect you but if you join politics your opponents will use it against you just like what enemies are doing to Tinubu
What does Amoda yekini has to do with Bola Tinubu
Or a female to a male
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by duro4chang(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2023
Tochj:
What does Amoda yekini has to do with Bola Tinubu Or a female to a male
Have you lost your mind?
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by adebayo987: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2023
Doremii:
If the name on someone ssce certificate is Tope Adam Folorunsho and his bsc and birth certificate is Folorunsho Tope Adam, is there a problem or the person can use the ssce like that ?

Will the person be denied a job? If so, what can the person do?
not a problem
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Tochj(m): 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
duro4chang:
Have you lost your mind?
Yess, the same way you lost your own when you were voting bad candidates
Buhari and Tinubu
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by duro4chang(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2023
Tochj:

Yess, the same way you lost your own when you were voting bad candidates
Buhari and Tinubu
Obi is a loser. He cannot be president. He is not fit for anything good. Headless mobs will wail for ever.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Tochj(m): 10:52am On Sep 16, 2023
duro4chang:
Obi is a loser. He cannot be president. He is not fit for anything good. Headless mobs will wail for ever.
Obi is made for life
If he chose to go with APC today
They will surely give him anything he wanted
He only wants to save ur sorry Ass from those milking you dry
But you can not see it bcoz Tribalism and Religion has blinded U.
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by duro4chang(m): 11:22am On Sep 16, 2023
Tochj:

Obi is made for life
If he chose to go with APC today
They will surely give him anything he wanted
He only wants to save ur sorry Ass from those milking you dry
But you can not see it bcoz Tribalism and Religion has blinded U.
obi show your academic records. Stop hiding your fake records. You will never never be president of Nigeria
Re: Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement by Hassanmaye(m): 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2023
Emma1Oj:
I once attend an interview in one private schl. After going through stages, then the final stage was with the principal of the schl.

Honestly I was just looking at his mouth when he complained abt my MIDDLE NAME NOT BEING IN MY COLLEGE CERT. I jus told him the two cert has certificate number he shld go and confirm. That's an indirect way of sending him an errand. No be to seatdown for chair dey ask inconsequential questions.
Hahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? / Nigerian Air Force Recruitment Interview List Of Successful Candidates Shortlist / Please Is This Job Invite Genuine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.