Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf (40830 Views)

Anambra, Bayelsa, Ekiti, Ibom State Airports Are Not Commercially Viable – MD FA / Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 / Great Airports Of Africa - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 3:10am On Sep 15, 2023
Sonayon:

God bless you.

Did they tell you those states were international airports or local airports? You guys should have sense naaaa
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 3:13am On Sep 15, 2023
Jogs1900:

This record is for local flights.Aminu kano is an international airport while owerri is not

Try and have sense naaaa. The airports serve local flights they are mot international. They are not certified by FAAN for international flights.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 3:16am On Sep 15, 2023
XAUBulls:

This has always been a well-known fact.

MMIA leads in daily air traffic and annual revenue.

Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport has more numbers than MMIA

1 Like

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Omoawoke2(m): 3:17am On Sep 15, 2023
obyno82:

You are naturally predisposed to being stupid with the nature of your comments. Apart from lagos airport which is federal which state airport in SW is viable? Okay let us do comparison of state airports in SE and SW. Which one is more viable? Dude stop being dense and daft abeg, it is making you a nuisance.

Among the daftest people I’ve come across on nairaland, you are the daftest.

When you don’t have a strategic nor economic sense, all you know is selling okrika and warehouse economist.
You don’t just build infrastructures to brag, you build infrastructure considering the viability, sustainability and economic value.
When southwest has Lagos international airport, of what value is building another international airport in southwest? To brag? It makes no sense.

There’s ilorin aiprort, Ibadan airport. No need for any further airport, a train and good roads should connect this cities.
I doubt you will understand this analysis because na only okrika you sabi. Olodo
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 3:18am On Sep 15, 2023
Abagworo:

First off you are very ignorant. I am not Ikwerre and Ikwerre is dry fertile land not creeks and being Igbo or not doesn't change the proximity of Aba to Port Harcourt Airport. Ignorance is indeed a big disease and Amaechi said he is Igbo many times.

No the issue is that most Ikwerre out of political convenience deny their Igbo identity.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 3:18am On Sep 15, 2023
pendragonbladgo:
No single Airport from the Igbo land is Economical impacted...

Hmmm

Not a smart word from you.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 3:19am On Sep 15, 2023
YorubaPrince:

Anoda okoro lamentation... grin grin grin

You are not smart.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 3:19am On Sep 15, 2023
YorubaPrince:

Anoda cursed tribeman wailing. grin grin grin

Shut up
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 3:22am On Sep 15, 2023
SeaTrade:
Flights to Owerri are always available because passengers to fill the planes no dey na,common sense.
PH routes don't have as much available flights because they've been fully booked and has left.
Airpeace uses its triple seven(777) to fly lagos to PH routes sometimes,
I dare them to do same for owerri grin

That is a big lie. Stop all this lies abeg
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 3:23am On Sep 15, 2023
Benwallt:

It's a shame. No economically viable airport in the entire sadEAST the land of billionaires that escaped from different prisons across the world.

It is a shame. Very shameful. So that Pandora no build airport for 8 miserable and tortuous years in office.

sadEAST is drawing Nigeria backwards seriously. Make 8.0 earthquake just cancel them out abeg. Very unproductive

You just showed that you are senseless really
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 3:25am On Sep 15, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Among the daftest people I’ve come across on nairaland, you are the daftest.

When you don’t have a strategic nor economic sense, all you know is selling okrika and warehouse economist.
You don’t just build infrastructures to brag, you build infrastructure considering the viability, sustainability and economic value.
When southwest has Lagos international airport, of what value is building another international airport in southwest? To brag? It makes no sense.

There’s ilorin aiprort, Ibadan airport. No need for any further airport, a train and good roads should connect this cities.
I doubt you will understand this analysis because na only okrika you sabi. Olodo

Oga just face it you are naturally stupid and stop defending yourself with this epistles. Your natural preponderance onf being stupid makes you write rubbish in the name of ethnic baiting.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Omoawoke2(m): 3:40am On Sep 15, 2023
obyno82:

Oga just face it you are naturally stupid and stop defending yourself with this epistles. Your natural preponderance onf being stupid makes you write rubbish in the name of ethnic baiting.

It’s a simple challenge

Yoruba has Lagos

South south has Port harcourt
north centra has Abuja
North has Kano

What can southeast use to brag?
Are you saying if Nigeria splits today, southeast cannot hold on to any major city that is well developed and sophisticated ?

And Yoruba is not your problem, no be us spoil your own and made you guys unfortunate. Stop hating on us for being the center of development
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by fr3do(m): 4:00am On Sep 15, 2023
Jogs1900:

This record is for local flights.Aminu kano is an international airport while owerri is not

Stop messing around!
Is economic viability only achieved with international flight?

The reverse is even the case, with international flights, money is leaving the country as per foreign airlines, and those passengers are likely japa'ing, so no return ticket.

It is local flights that fetches the Airports more money, and Owerri is clearly more viable than Kano.
But tribalism will not allow the APC man admit it.

1 Like

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by toprealman: 4:25am On Sep 15, 2023
Skyview01:

He failed to explain how the burden is placed. I agree some of the airport may not be viable.
These guys are lazy. How can you grow without basic infrastructure? How can it be viable when you don’t want to open up the system and create jobs.

1 Like

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Nobody: 4:30am On Sep 15, 2023
toprealman:

These guys are lazy. How can you grow without basic infrastructure? How can it be viable when you don’t want to open up the system and create jobs.

Totally agree. Creation of jobs should be the topmost priorities of state governors. Most of our governors are either clueless or criminals at best.
The award substandard road projects at inflated cost and the ignorant citizens are clapping for them.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by toprealman: 4:49am On Sep 15, 2023
Skyview01:

Totally agree. Creation of jobs should be the topmost priorities of state governors. Most of our governors are either clueless or criminals at best.
The award substandard road projects at inflated cost and the ignorant citizens are clapping for them.
I have been looking at the role of NURTW in modern a society. A trade union that has taken over LG functions and yet we want to grow?
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by CaptainAyub: 5:28am On Sep 15, 2023
SeaTrade:
Flights to Owerri are always available because passengers to fill the planes no dey na,common sense.
PH routes don't have as much available flights because they've been fully booked and has left.
Airpeace uses its triple seven(777) to fly lagos to PH routes sometimes,
I dare them to do same for owerri grin
After Lagos ,Abuja and I think PH,Owerri is the next busiest destination for air traffic
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by SonOfDSoil01: 5:35am On Sep 15, 2023
ezegenigbonine:

See who dey teach me history, the only yoruba land wey you go talk for history is oyo state.

Remember that during nigerian civil war, almost all the building in south east was burn to ashes, no war in west, no war in south.
But go to same south east now and see for yourselves ibo no be una mate
mugu you can only fool does that have not been to your enclave, I did my service in Owerri and I did my camp in umuna bende in Abia state, being to virtually all your state, I repeat again in terms of develop una no get levels and Ibadan u y’all love to ridicule no be una mate abeg face front…
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by legitnow1: 5:51am On Sep 15, 2023
Omoawoke2:

It’s a simple challenge

Yoruba has Lagos

South south has Port harcourt
north centra has Abuja
North has Kano

What can southeast use to brag?
Are you saying if Nigeria splits today, southeast cannot hold on to any major city that is well developed and sophisticated ?

And Yoruba is not your problem, no be us spoil your own and made you guys unfortunate. Stop hating on us for being the center of development

WAT LAGOS DOES YORUBA HAVE?

SLUMS AND GHETTO?

GO TO WELL DEVEOPED AREAS AND SEE DIVERSITY, INDIANS, LEBANESE ETC.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Successlane: 5:53am On Sep 15, 2023
TundeBricklayer:

But Imo airport have more traffic than Kano, I can see most of these guys managing agencies under APC are blinded by hate

Good.
This is for DOMESTIC flights.
But kindly show us the INTERNATIONAL version of the list, so we can draw conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by DWJOBScom(m): 6:01am On Sep 15, 2023
MrEverest:
Lies!
Sam Mbakwe airport Owerri is busier than Aminu Kano airport Kano, so how did the later end up being more viable?

Again, travelers using Owerri airport are more likely to pay more fees because people in the catchment area has more disposable income. Lol, ethnocentrism will never allow this country to work.

Especially weekends and Mondays
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Omoawoke2(m): 6:18am On Sep 15, 2023
legitnow1:

WAT LAGOS DOES YORUBA HAVE?

SLUMS AND GHETTO?

GO TO WELL DEVEOPED AREAS AND SEE DIVERSITY, INDIANS, LEBANESE ETC.

Leave our slums and ghettos for us

Thank you
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Resurgent2016: 6:18am On Sep 15, 2023
Racoon:
Meaning the airports Aregbejegbe, David Umahi among others built around all white elephant projects

I don't think there are many countries in the world where all the airports are viable.

The idea is that the viable ones compensate for the non-viable ones to keep a transport system that allows quick transit to many locations
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by SonOfDSoil01: 6:30am On Sep 15, 2023
fr3do:
are you more knowledgeable than the man who made the statement? You people just like to change the narrative and try to sound intelligent when reverse is the case. The man talked about the viability of all the airports and only 4 made the list and you are here talking about local flights, you guys really need to drop this your over bloated ego and learn!!!

Stop messing around!
Is economic viability only achieved with international flight?

The reverse is even the case, with international flights, money is leaving the country as per foreign airlines, and those passengers are likely japa'ing, so no return ticket.

It is local flights that fetches the Airports more money, and Owerri is clearly more viable than Kano.
But tribalism will not allow the APC man admit it.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by legitnow1: 6:33am On Sep 15, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Leave our slums and ghettos for us

Thank you

HAHAHA

AT LEAST, E NO DENY AM... grin
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by tete7000(m): 6:57am On Sep 15, 2023
aceman88:
Show me the passenger traffic from Aminu Kano airport, Akanu Ibiam airport, Enugu and Sam Mbakwe airport Owerri for the past two years now before I can consider your submissions.

We should try to remove propaganda from the running of government because it will never usher in development. It can never represent the facts on ground. I don't know whether call this mischievous or hate filled.

And it doesn't occur to your empty brain that Lagos wouldn't have been capital if not for its strategic location? Is it by accident that long after the capital was moved away from there, Lagos continue to be relevant because of its strategic location and because of the accommodating tendencies of its indigenous population? Please think, always think before you type, make use of your God-given brain.

1 Like

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by LaSenior: 6:59am On Sep 15, 2023
MrEverest:
Lies!
Sam Mbakwe airport Owerri is busier than Aminu Kano airport Kano, so how did the later end up being more viable?

Again, travelers using Owerri airport are more likely to pay more fees because people in the catchment area has more disposable income. Lol, ethnocentrism will never allow this country to work.
do you mind them

1 Like

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by pandax: 7:08am On Sep 15, 2023
PHAYOL81:
I don't understand why FG must fund unviable ones at the detriments of the productive ones. AS partners, both parties should have an MOU indicating the limit of commitment.
THAT would deter those who goes into it without proper plan

The so-called unviable airports are keeping the viable ones in business. Imagining closing down all the unviable airports that have passenger traffic of over 2m in 2021, this will lead to 2m reduction in passenger traffic of Lagos & Abuja, as they are the originating airports to these so-called unviable destinations. Think!!!
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by saysoo: 7:23am On Sep 15, 2023
EcoBrick:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/14/only-four-airports-are-economically-sustainable-in-nigeria-dr-muda-yusuf/
Remove PH from that list cause aside SPDC/SEPCIN that one is dead. Glorified motor parks.

2 Likes

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by SeaTrade(m): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2023
CaptainAyub:

After Lagos ,Abuja and I think PH,Owerri is the next busiest destination for air traffic
The guy was claiming Owerri was busier than PH,which is a lie.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by CodeTemplar: 7:35am On Sep 15, 2023
State owned airports have always been a conduit pipe for heavy capital looting and future wastages. From Osun to Ebonyi To Delta to Markurdi to Oyo, All is same story. Unviable yet built and maintained by greedy and wadteful leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gold, Platinum And Diamonds Worth ₦136b Falls Out Of Russian Plane / What Country Can I Migrate To With 7 Million Naira / Dangerous Crack Below Oworo-Ogudu Bridge (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.