Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf (40845 Views)

Anambra, Bayelsa, Ekiti, Ibom State Airports Are Not Commercially Viable – MD FA / Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 / Great Airports Of Africa - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by SeaTrade(m): 7:36am On Sep 15, 2023
onumadu:

PH is an international airport that connects people from outside Nigeria THROUGH LAGOS and ABUJA to PH.
That explains the 777. But the flights are not always available because they are international, which explains the "No flight" days.
Everybody knows that airlines don't schedule flights on routes that are not busy (i.e booked well).
But I can't wait for ABIA state to build its own airport. After that wind go blow and we go see fowl nyash. grin
Not exactly.
They use their 777 to fly the route because they get more traffic than what their A320s can handle ,so why not deploy the big plane to carry everybody at once?
I don't understand what you mean by PH is an international airport connecting people through Lagos and ABV?
An international traveller need not go through lagos to get to PH as final destination since Lufthansa ,Qatar,Airfrance and KLM all come to PH.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by SeaTrade(m): 7:37am On Sep 15, 2023
CaptainAyub:

After Lagos ,Abuja and I think PH,Owerri is the next busiest destination for air traffic
Kano should be busier than Owerri chief.
Go there and see wonders.
I think Etihad ,Qatarand Saudi Arabia dey land there sef,not to talk of local flights!
There's real business driving passenger traffic to Kano than Owerri,
Can't compete,difference is day and night.

1 Like

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by CodeTemplar: 7:37am On Sep 15, 2023
pandax:

The so-called unviable airports are keeping the viable ones in business. Imagining closing down all the unviable airports that have passenger traffic of over 2m in 2021, this will lead to 2m reduction in passenger traffic of Lagos & Abuja, as they are the originating airports to these so-called unviable destinations. Think!!!
morônic logic. So people travel more because of flightless state owned airports?
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by TundeBricklayer: 7:55am On Sep 15, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:

You are dumb....we are talking about recent stat...you are bringing 2021 Stat into the picture ...something is wrong with your cranial capacity....a very low thing!
He should have publish the recent data before making such claims so Airport that received over half a million isn't viable
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by EmekaA125(m): 8:04am On Sep 15, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Yes he meant those barred erosion ravaged red mud region. No cap.
Yes, Anambra is the erosion capital of Africa. We chest it with our full chest.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by EmekaA125(m): 8:07am On Sep 15, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Among the daftest people I’ve come across on nairaland, you are the daftest.

When you don’t have a strategic nor economic sense, all you know is selling okrika and warehouse economist.
You don’t just build infrastructures to brag, you build infrastructure considering the viability, sustainability and economic value.
When southwest has Lagos international airport, of what value is building another international airport in southwest? To brag? It makes no sense.

There’s ilorin aiprort, Ibadan airport. No need for any further airport, a train and good roads should connect this cities.
I doubt you will understand this analysis because na only okrika you sabi. Olodo
In as much as you are making sense, you ended up rubbishing it with insults.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by EmekaA125(m): 8:14am On Sep 15, 2023
Benwallt:

It's a shame. No economically viable airport in the entire sadEAST the land of billionaires that escaped from different prisons across the world.

It is a shame. Very shameful. So that Pandora no build airport for 8 miserable and tortuous years in office.

sadEAST is drawing Nigeria backwards seriously. Make 8.0 earthquake just cancel them out abeg. Very unproductive
SouthEast go soon cease to be part of Nigeria na that time ur eye go clear. Dey play
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Hubeznigeria(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2023
Jogs1900:

This record is for local flights.Aminu kano is an international airport while owerri is not
a
International or local notwithstanding, the consideration here is airports with appreciable air traffic. Whether international or local, revenue is revenue. The question is why should an airport with more air traffic than MAKIA not referenced in his narrative?
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Hubeznigeria(m): 8:19am On Sep 15, 2023
Harrynight:
It's not because the rest ain't economically sustainable, for example Akwa Ibom Airport even with it World class facilities can't be compared to a densely populated State like lagos Airport in terms of passenger traffic
What are you saying?
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Osoboshi: 8:19am On Sep 15, 2023
legitnow1:
ANYBODY ATTACHING ANY SIGNIFICANCE TO PORT HARCOURT SHOULD GO AND LIVE IN PORT HARCOURT.

EVER SINCE ABADON PROPERTIES, IGBO LEFT THAT CITY AND NEVER LOOKED BACK.

AMAECHI DELAYED ENUGU AIRPORT AND TRIED TO CANCEAL IT BECAUSE HE WANTED PORT HARCOURT TO MONOPOLISE AIRPORT.

WE RESPONDED BY BUILDING AIRPORTS IN ANAMBRA AND EBONYI.

ABIA WILL SOON BUILD THEIR OWN AIRPORT.

WE WONT TOLERATE ANY INSULT FROM ANYBODY FURTHER AND MAKING EFFORT TO PUT ESSENTIALS ON OUR LAND TO MAKE IT ACCESSIBLE AND LIVEABLE.

THE SAME WAY WE TURNED OUR BACKS ON PORT HARCOURT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE DO TO LAGOS AND EXIT NIGERIA.

the same Nigeria that feeds you
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by safetyInspector(m): 8:20am On Sep 15, 2023
Is there any State in Nigeria that you can't see this type of stadium? If this type of stadium is not owned by the State, the football Clubs will have it. As for the Federal Government Founded train and its stations, use your tongue to count your teeth.
spiSeyi:

But can you explain why we have more Igbos in Ibadan and Ekiti than the entire SE grin . And why there is not even a standard stadium or train station in the whole SE. Attached is the Ibadan stadiums and Modern train station. Show us one from aligbo grin
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Osoboshi: 8:25am On Sep 15, 2023
onumadu:

They want to keep us out of our region, to force us to keep living in their parts of Nigeria.

Let me say this again: The most strategic thing that an Igbo person can do in Nigeria is to VOW to NEVER live outside of South East in Nigeria.

And if the person insist on living there, to ensure that at least 80 - 90% of his or her money goes back to SOUTH EAST.

Some of our people are already doing so, and that is why South East is the fastest growing region in Nigeria today. FACT!

If we do this regardless of their evil schemes, we will have the Nigeria we want: A Nigeria where the horse will pull the cart rather than the cart stopping the horse from moving forward.

A 56 year old evil strategy against us can be defeated this way.
very nice pack all ur ppl make naija collapse.Ode
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by tobstarizhia(m): 8:30am On Sep 15, 2023
legitnow1:
ANYBODY ATTACHING ANY SIGNIFICANCE TO PORT HARCOURT SHOULD GO AND LIVE IN PORT HARCOURT.

EVER SINCE ABADON PROPERTIES, IGBO LEFT THAT CITY AND NEVER LOOKED BACK.

AMAECHI DELAYED ENUGU AIRPORT AND TRIED TO CANCEAL IT BECAUSE HE WANTED PORT HARCOURT TO MONOPOLISE AIRPORT.

WE RESPONDED BY BUILDING AIRPORTS IN ANAMBRA AND EBONYI.

ABIA WILL SOON BUILD THEIR OWN AIRPORT.

WE WONT TOLERATE ANY INSULT FROM ANYBODY FURTHER AND MAKING EFFORT TO PUT ESSENTIALS ON OUR LAND TO MAKE IT ACCESSIBLE AND LIVEABLE.

THE SAME WAY WE TURNED OUR BACKS ON PORT HARCOURT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE DO TO LAGOS AND EXIT NIGERIA.

Port Harcourt is Igbo land
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by porthouse7(f): 8:36am On Sep 15, 2023
Zonefree:

Remove Lagos state, there's no difference between Yorubaland and Haiti.
why remove lagos state, lagos is what ur region wish for but will never get
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by onumadu: 8:40am On Sep 15, 2023
Osoboshi:
very nice pack all ur ppl make naija collapse.Ode

See pain.

We are already doing it. tongue
That explains the rapid development you are seeing in South East.
Give it a few more years and your tears will make more sense then.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Jogs1900: 8:48am On Sep 15, 2023
Hubeznigeria:
a
International or local notwithstanding, the consideration here is airports with appreciable air traffic. Whether international or local, revenue is revenue. The question is why should an airport with more air traffic than MAKIA not referenced in his narrative?
What we are discussing here is sustainability bro.From the attached, it's evident that MAKIA has more traffic than owerri airport.MAKIA is an international airport with regular flights to Sudan, Niger, Saudi Arabia etc.. and it's a cargo airport as well.From these alone and the local flights combined, we should know that MAKIA is busier and makes more money than Owerri airport.Maybe if MAKIA is not an International airport, it would have been making loss too.

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Osoboshi: 9:11am On Sep 15, 2023
onumadu:

See pain.

We are already doing it. tongue
That explains the rapid development you are seeing in South East.
Give it a few more years and your tears will make more sense then.
rapid development in this same south east wey I dey stay.place wey ur forefathers stay no progress na u small boy go come stay progress.
U guys should be grateful for the receptiveness of Nigerian ppl if not,I can only imagine
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Raf4: 9:15am On Sep 15, 2023
Zonefree:

Remove Lagos state, there's no difference between Yorubaland and Haiti.

Yet, your forebears have been trooping to SW for decades, even b4 independence, for them to earn a living. The sole reason that made your Aguiyi Ironsi to truncate Regionalism out of envy to stop SW progress.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Hubeznigeria(m): 9:22am On Sep 15, 2023
Jogs1900:

What we are discussing here is sustainability bro.From the attached, it's evident that MAKIA has more traffic than owerri airport.MAKIA is an international airport with regular flights to Sudan, Niger, Saudi Arabia etc.. and it's a cargo airport as well.From these alone and the local flights combined, we should know that MAKIA is busier and makes more money than Owerri airport.Maybe if MAKIA is not an International airport, it would have been making loss too.
Good to know you said economic sustainability. Good to know also that domestic travellers recorded about 545+k. Have you checked Owerri Airport record for the said year under consideration? It surpassed MAKIA. So do you think it's 39k international travellers that is making MAKIA economically viable? Business is about numbers I hope you know? And I humbly disagree with you that if MAKIA doesn't operate international flights that they will record loss. Business is about numbers
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Jogs1900: 9:44am On Sep 15, 2023
Hubeznigeria:

Good to know you said economic sustainability. Good to know also that domestic travellers recorded about 545+k. Have you checked Owerri Airport record for the said year under consideration? It surpassed MAKIA. So do you think it's 39k international travellers that is making MAKIA economically viable? Business is about numbers I hope you know. And I humbly disagree with you that if MAKIA doesn't operate international flights they will record loss. Business is about numbers
Going with your logic about numbers, If we look at it the total number of passengers (local and international)in MAKIA was 585,190 while that of 583,460 in the same period.Meaning MAKIA had 1,730 more passengers than Owerri airport.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 10:05am On Sep 15, 2023
Omoawoke2:

It’s a simple challenge

Yoruba has Lagos

South south has Port harcourt
north centra has Abuja
North has Kano

What can southeast use to brag?
Are you saying if Nigeria splits today, southeast cannot hold on to any major city that is well developed and sophisticated ?

And Yoruba is not your problem, no be us spoil your own and made you guys unfortunate. Stop hating on us for being the center of development

This is evident you don't have sense. South East has Enugu and it is clear you have not gone beyond your house mounted on stilts in Lagos Lagoon at Makoko. That is why you can open mouth and spew this nonsense. You people need to be flogged very well.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Hubeznigeria(m): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2023
Jogs1900:

Going with your logic about numbers, If we look at it the total number of passengers (local and international)in MAKIA was 585,190 while that of 583,460 in the same period.Meaning MAKIA had 1,730 more passengers than Owerri airport.
No. Compare MAKIA local with Owerri. Res Ipsa Loquitor
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by EmdRizy(m): 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
What about my Bayelsa Airport, and why..?
That means no need for Ebonyi naa😂😂
Until we start getting our priorities right we will never have sense. Most people in Nigeria do things just because their neighbors are doing it... Nothing else
I am the first class graduate. You asked for my account details sir. Peter Gba Ternenge
Kuda MFB 🙏🏽
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by pandax: 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
CodeTemplar:
morônic logic. So people travel more because of flightless state owned airports?

The OP said that only 4 airports are viable in Nigeria - Abuja, Lagos, PH & Kano. In 2021 Oweeri had 600K passenger traffic, Enugu 500k, Benin 400k, Calabar 230K, Uyo 100k, Asaba, 150K, Anambra 180k, Kwara 128k, Sokoto 112k, Yola 170K. These so-called non-viable airports had a total traffic of over 2m passengers and all these passengers originated their journeys from Lagos or Abuja Airport, so without them, Lagos & Abuja will have at least 1.5m passengers less in their annual traffic.

If Lagos and Abuja are the 2 airports in Nigeria, their traffic will be abysmally very low, as you need airports to terminate flights. Think !!!
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Omoawoke2(m): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
obyno82:

This is evident you don't have sense. South East has Enugu and it is clear you have not gone beyond your house mounted on stilts in Lagos Lagoon at Makoko. That is why you can open mouth and spew this nonsense. You people need to be flogged very well.

Enugu no reach Ibadan in all ramifications

Prove me wrong
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Adabestseason(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
Noise from the pit of hell,lets practise true federalism so that we can ascertain the true state of economically sustainable airports they want to control everything for their children and grandchildren.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Enugu no reach Ibadan in all ramifications

Prove me wrong

Seriously you smoked weed this morning i tell you and it is the adulterated one. How can you compare Ibadan with Enugu? are you this dense and stupid? Enugu is not littered with brown roofs like Ibadan.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Omoawoke2(m): 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
obyno82:

Seriously you smoked weed this morning i tell you and it is the adulterated one. How can you compare Ibadan with Enugu? are you this dense and stupid? Enugu is not littered with brown roofs like Ibadan.

Yes Enugu is littered with brown roofs

And Ibadan is far more developed than Enugu in all ramifications.

Check the lists of most developed cities in Nigeria, Ibadan must be among

This is Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8LoaqNQ14A
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Omoawoke2(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
obyno82:

Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVAq9uSwXU

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVAq9uSwXU

Oya i dare you to show us The slums in challenge if dem born you well, You just want to be stupid. That is just the only slum in Enugu while in Ibadan Slums are littered everywhere. No be for slum wey people dey fight for rice to chop?
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by obyno82: 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Yes Enugu is littered with brown roofs

And Ibadan is far more developed than Enugu in all ramifications.

Check the lists of most developed cities in Nigeria, Ibadan must be among

This is Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8LoaqNQ14A

If you are really courageous show us the slums in challenge. You think i don't know Ibadan that is littered everywhere with slums

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Want To Give Birth In Us / Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers / A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.