Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,853 members, 7,828,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

- Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (1549 Views)

/ / Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by BigDawsNet: 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
akwesenana:
Sometimes I just sit back and let it register.
All for what purpose?

What is the purpose of life?
When I was younger, I used to think the purpose of life was to chase one's happiness and satisfaction. As I got older, I realized that it is almost impossible for one to be truly happy.

You got to the best schools, graduate with the best grades, yet that emptiness still lurks.

You get the best job, same thing.

Thickest b****, same thing.

Sometimes you just can't blame those who amass wealth at the expense of others; perhaps they find fulfillment in the process.

Same where you just can't blame those who drift to drugs; the void is real and scary.

Mental health is underrated.

We came to fulfil God's plan for the world... when we done, we return back to the creator...

1 Like

Re: by talented321: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
Your last line'' even ur parents has their target raising you'' just as izonborn098 has just explained...
Spirit04:
the only people that won't forget you are the ones who were gaining from you (emotionally, financially, hope etc). I swear even your family people no send you. When you are young they hope one day you will be successful so they or their children can loot from you. If you fail and die, they will be more pained at thought of wasted investment than the thought of you rotting in the ground. Listen to what people say when someone dies, 99% of the pain they groan about is what the person was doing for them and the void he left behind.

2 Likes

Re: by DND069: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2023
akwesenana:
Good news is you came a long way. Bad news is you came the wrong way.

For what's money without happiness...
Love yourz by J_cole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by Thermodynamics(m): 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2023
Badmashii:

Everyone has a purpose based on their strength and interest. It's a personal something. No one can tell you your purpose,it your job to discover and work on it.

And purpose are never good or bad, those words has no meaning when it comes to this.

For some, they discover their purpose earlier on in life,while others occurs in their later years.

The thing is,to do anything in this world requires MONEY AND POWER. The extent you need these two things depends on what you want to achieve.

Some individuals could discover their purpose and choose not to follow it based on the lack of any of those two things I mentioned,whiie some would choose not to out of pure lazyness.

Some individuals prefer to just make money,wife someone up and prefer to slave away till they die.

Some individuals also view life from the lens of fear,so would rather opt for safe a career after school,which hopefully relate to their interest but not necessarily so.

The point is human beings are freewil creatures. Kidnappers and ritualist you mentioned could be carrying thier acts out of freewill or material gain.

One more thing is, everyone has that voice that tells you something is not wrong or right for you. Some have lost touch with this voice while others prefer to ignore it,much to their frustration later on in life.

That voice will lead you to your PURPOSE. follow it and be self fulfilled,ignore it and suffer.

I don't mean immaterial suffering though,you could be rich or not, but that emptyness you will feel is worse than immaterial suffering. Some here could relate. When you're alone. The pain... The feeling that something is missing in your life.

What purpose? How does one know his purpose?? And if you've discovered yours, Let me ask you, what is your purpose in Life?
Re: by Badmashii(m): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
Thermodynamics:

What purpose? How does one know his purpose?? And if you've discovered yours, Let me ask you, what is your purpose in Life?

My own na to chop chicken everyday. grin

On a serious note though, It is something PERSONAL.

I don't intend to share it with nobody. To find yours,follow the voice leading you in your heart. Respect that voice.
Re: by skyZine(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
Words rich in wisdom. I learnt a few today.

dontrulee:
Life has no purpose or meaning safe the meaning you give to it.

Life is about choices and consequences. I ensured I did crazy things when I was younger, I explored Life but ensured I wasn't addicted. I can't do that now because the consequences would be dire. If I died today, for me it's a life well lived as I have ticked many boxes.

I'm always smiling, laughing and joyous. Infact the words on my phone screen is I am happy because I've realized that happiness is a choice, you don't need to have everything or have the answers to all questions before you decide to smile or be happy.

I've conquered anger a long time ago, when I was much younger, I had very crazy temper. I knew that if I left it unchecked, it wouldn't be long I'll be a serial killer so I had to nip it in the bud and now anger is very far from me.

Life is beautiful if you accept it with an open mind and open heart, if you can accept the dual nature of Life, if you can accept both the positive and negative aspects, if you can choose both the complement and the contradictions, if you choose spontaneity over rigidity. For life is enhanced when you breathe in and death is certain when you breathe out, so every moment you're living and you're dying.
Re: by wwwtortoise(m): 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
Believe it or not we’re all just entertainment for the higher beings.

An experiment on a large scale with a touch of diversity in the shape of race, religion, language, location and ego.

The good news is that we have freedom to choose our path.

The bad news is that nobody leaves a virgin; life bleeps us all.
Re: by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
Depression! undecided
Re: by Godsongang: 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hmmm LIFE sha
Re: by DyingFetus: 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
The purpose of life is nothing

You'll own nothing and you'll be happy
Re: by SuperOnyi: 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
pansophist:

Chickens and ants are also working hard to live. Should they stop existing too?

Why do you think human life, which is just one of the billions of lives out there the only one with purpose?

Why the arrogance or superiority of our lives in relation to other lives?

Those that are born in poverty and died in poverty, is their lives without purpose from the creator?

If life has a purpose, what is your purpose? If you don't know your purpose, why don't you know it?

Those that live to torment others, eg assasins and ritualist, is that their life purpose?

I ask you six questions. Oya, answer them all.

Cc. Badmashii come and answer too.

shocked

I'm glad I'm not alone.

First time quoting you, sir πŸ™Œ.

I should write a book on this topic.
Re: by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
Spits
Re: by SuperOnyi: 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
shocked

@Akwesenana, I do think of this but I'm learning to accept the reality "we're just living to die" but the question I ask myself is: am I dying to live or living to die? Ever since I was young, I questioned a lot of norms. I'm the type of kid that wondered how kids would just choose their future profession while I couldn't even tell myself "hey I wanna be a doctor"...

I wondered why humans thought they were any different from other animals or why people would think we're all alone in this vast universe or why someone would feel superior because of the color of their skin, language, and etc.

Even if I've learned to act like I agree with some societal norms but the truth is, there's nothing special about us. I kept waiting to hear some voice from above to tell me my purpose but I haven't heard sh*t.

When I was a kid, I read a lot β€” I remember reading a book titled "sociology" or something like that. The writer wrote about how a certain king separated three kids because he was curious to see which language they'd speak when they grew up. Everybody believed little kids spoke Hebrew ( "God's language" ). Unfortunately, they grew up dumber and couldn't speak any language but communicated through hand signs.

It was clear to me that if they had grown up in somewhere different, their "purpose" and "destiny" would be better off. Our location, circumstances, and decisions play a huge role in what our purpose or destiny would be. I'm not religious but I've got to admit, there's something bigger than us out there. It could be death, nature, or a Supreme Being. I don't know but it is what it is.

There's this YouTuber that made a video where he'd go to video game characters trying to convince them, that the video game is a false world created by humans. Guess what? These characters didn't believe it and called him crazy grin! Imagine if someone walked up to you to tell you that all your life was just a game programmed by a "higher intelligence". That would surely be hard to swallow!

I think it's time we give our life a meaning and accept death as a part of life, I'm not perfect but I'm trying to stop thinking to the point of depression as someone, who's often in the ball of depression. Thinkers like @pansophist really help to make me work on myself.

Life is just a video game, I'm just a character and doing my best to live and not just exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by Stedygrowth: 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
The emptiness we feel within us is an indication of lack of purpose in life. This lack of purpose express itself in different ways; going after material things, money, women, etc. At the end of the day, we still feel that emptiness within us. This suggests that nothing can replace purpose in life, because true satisfaction and fulfilment can only be attained through living a purposeful life.

Every single element that exist on earth has its purpose, including human being. From observation, all other things are doing just what they were designed to do, but human beings are the ones who are lost. As a result, they began to wonder and experiment with things through trial and error, hoping that they will find happiness or a sense of purpose, but this also fail. That's why, rich politicians in Nigeria, for instance, will continue to embezzle public fund, hoping that more money will make them happy, but they still remains unfulfilled.

The key then, is to discover your purpose in life. Within your purpose, you will find all amount of happiness, material things and fulfilment.

How do we discover our purpose?
To discover your purpose, you have to return to your childhood days. During these days, society's voices did not overwhelm your original sense purpose. You were original and true. Your desires were a true reflection of what you were born to do. You were drawn to a particular vocation because that is what you were born to do.
But as you grow up, society's influence and opinions overwhelm that sense of inclination and directed you to a strange path where you're not built for. Establishing a career path in this direction will never bring you happiness and fulfilment, no matter how much material things you own, and material things can not offer happiness, they are temporary; and also, because you were not configured to attain happiness through such path.
Returning to that original voice or desire or passion for a particular vocation and spending the rest of your life following that burning passion and desire is the key πŸ—οΈ to a happy and fulfilled life.
Re: by tunjijones(m): 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
We are in this life to live. That's all.

You struggle to survive and just live through life until death comes.
Re: by Thermodynamics(m): 9:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
Badmashii:

My own na to chop chicken everyday. grin

On a serious note though, It is something PERSONAL.

I don't intend to share it with nobody. To find yours,follow the voice leading you in your heart. Respect that voice.

Hear the voice hear the voice which voice?
How do we find the voice? You've just said nothing.
Re: by Badmashii(m): 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
Thermodynamics:

Hear the voice hear the voice which voice?
How do we find the voice? You've just said nothing.

You see, this is one of the reasons why most people choose not to thread that path.

It's really complicated. And it's a whole lot easier to just get a job,get married,make money and die.

Unfortunately that's the life script for losers and weaklings and it brings neither power nor fufilment.

If you're really serious,you need to focus within. One surprisingly frightening aspect of this purpose of a thing is you are never too old to pursue it.

No matter your age,the voice will always be there. You just have to focus and LISTEN.
Re: by Thermodynamics(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2023
Badmashii:

You see, this is one of the reasons why most people choose not to thread that path.

It's really complicated. And it's a whole lot easier to just get a job,get married,make money and die.

Unfortunately that's the life script for losers and weaklings and it brings neither power nor fufilment.

If you're really serious,you need to focus within. One surprisingly frightening aspect of this purpose of a thing is you are never too old to pursue it.

No matter your age,the voice will always be there. You just have to focus and LISTEN.

What voice? How do I hear it? I don focus and listen I nor hear anything.
How do I focus and listen?
Re: by Badmashii(m): 7:55am On Sep 16, 2023
Thermodynamics:

Here's another trick. Whenever you intend to do something,watch how comfortable or not you feel when you try to go ahead.

Generally, you'll always feel comfortable doing things that align with your interest and strength. You can start from there.

Maybe you're good with instruments(musicians, instrumentalists) or you are blessed with a natural cunning & Machiavellian mindset( business& politics),or you have a wild imagination (writing and acting),or you're comfortable with numbers(engineering, programming) etc.

Some people are blessed with a natural strength in their field. They will almost always Excel compared to others motivated by solely money or attention in that same field.

Achieving your purpose means sharing your gifts with the world in another way.
Re: by Thermodynamics(m): 9:39am On Sep 16, 2023
Badmashii:

Here's another trick. Whenever you intend to do something,watch how comfortable or not you feel when you try to go ahead.

Generally, you'll always feel comfortable doing things that align with your interest and strength. You can start from there.

Maybe you're good with instruments(musicians, instrumentalists) or you are blessed with a natural cunning & Machiavellian mindset( business& politics),or you have a wild imagination (writing and acting),or you're comfortable with numbers(engineering, programming) etc.

Some people are blessed with a natural strength in their field. They will almost always Excel compared to others motivated by solely money or attention in that same field.

Achieving your purpose means sharing your gifts with the world in another way.

What about getting out of your comfort zone?
I mean that there are some cases where you feel uncomfortable about something and you forge ahead then the thing end up working out.

1 Like

Re: by Badmashii(m): 10:00am On Sep 16, 2023
Thermodynamics:

What about getting out of your comfort zone?
I mean that there are some cases where you feel uncomfortable about something and you forge ahead then the thing end up working out.

Purchasing your purpose means being comfortable with being uncomfortable.

What you said is valid.

But there's a difference between the two. Here you feel uncomfortable because this is something new to you, like,I have to do this even though it feels uncomfortable, while on the other side you feel uncomfortable because something is telling you DON'T DO THIS,you are not suppose to do this.
Re: by Silentgroper(m): 10:05am On Sep 16, 2023
Negroid001:

Either we are entertainment for whatever put us in existence or we are just a energy farm for lord knows what. There's no true happiness, we've all been brainwashed with the promise of a better afterlife. Nothing makes sense. All the toil is for nothing. When you die, give or take, 50 years you're forgotten. No too carry the matter for head.

Just enjoy each moment
That's right . just enjoy the moment..

you only live once...

1 Like

Re: by Silentgroper(m): 10:40am On Sep 16, 2023
Thermodynamics:

try taking some psychedelics that causes hallucinations ..

you'd definitely hear that voice... trust me...

πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Silly Things Nigerian Men Say That Turns Ladies Off / Oriaku Amara Returns Back With FIRE / Passion Or Sensible??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.