Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor (44154 Views)

I Am Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Economic Woes - Olayemi Cardoso / Oshiomhole Opposed Yemi Cardoso As CBN Governor (Video) / Tinubu Nominates Atiku Bagudu & Olawale Edun Into Transition Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by TOMMYS: 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Ckonnet:
I wished obi was there but tinubu is better than any fulani man and I love the fact he is selecting his people for juicy appointments.

Buhari did worse.

What is good for Fulani, is also good for the Yoruba. He should appoint his brother's abeg. To all positions.

So no tribe will feel they have Monopoly for nepotism.

Give southern youth jobs the same way the northerners did in Thier time in power.

Massive employment of yoruba's and southerners in

NCC
AMCON
PPPRA
NNPC
CBN
Customs
Nimasa
FAAN
INEC
TCN
Etc

Make no tribe zuzu for anybody again

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by hansomb: 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Jideji:
Hearing the name for the first time.

My brother when God remembers you, its your time
Get a professional Logo Or Company Letterhead for 2k Only

Please drop us your Company Name Here
https://forms.gle/BqZ26DUD75dF4trLA
I believed he's been in the background. He was mentioned in the Emilokan speech in Ogun as one of the list in the contestants Tinubu should choose to be Buhari v p. But He later settle for Osinbanjo.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Acekidc4(m): 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2023
prophetfire:
I know Cardoso's appointment will favour you and your family. Infact, you will be helping him and his daughter to spend his salary.

Why you con dey Para 🙄 Na your Salary 🤫
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by StreetFight: 8:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
Jideji:

My brother when God remembers you, its your time
Get a professional Logo Or Company Letterhead for 2k Only

Please drop us your Company Name Here
https://forms.gle/BqZ26DUD75dF4trLA

And you will come here and argue with those that are not your mate
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by EmekaA125(m): 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
DiamondPant:
Wale Edun - Finance Minister
Olayemi Cardoso - CBN Governor
Adedeji Zacch - FIRS Chairman.
If you still don't get it, then forget about it.
It's all about bragging right. Nothing more
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
emefile was a terrible disease to banking system in naija, he nearly killed zenith and then dummy buha brought him to kill CBN.Thank God Nigeria survived emefile and buhari angry

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by OriOko88(m): 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
treesun:

Is He related to Muntairu Cardoso? Tinubu is doing well to Yorubalise the nation!
U can also ibonize the country if e easy. Mumu grin
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by StreetFight: 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
abhosts:
That means the interim cbn governor failed to impress the president.

Not that nah. Yemi Cardoso was Commissioner for Budget and Planning under Tinubu governorship from 1999. His name was even submitted by Tinubu's boys along with Wake Edun as VP to Buhari before Tinubu dropped them for Fake Pastor Judas Osinbajo. So the guy has been Tinubu's boy for long.

Anyway, if the acting governor has performed, maybe Tinubu would have let him continue

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by frog12: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
hope it's a good choice. he looks like shonubi must pack his bags too grin grin

na dss jail for them or what?

perrychemical:

Yemi Cardosso, Osibanjo, and the present coordinating minister of economy, Olawale Edun are the three nominated to be Buhari vice, before Tinubu eventually settle for Osibanjo. I am not surprise with this appointment, I have rightly predicted since his name was not among the ministerial position

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by olaniyilukman(m): 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
invinzible1:
Lol..... another Yoruba appointee... my own is that he should be competent. We don't want another Emewere
Emefiele was competent and he serves two different administration which is Jonathan and Buhari administration, he was an appointee who followed the instructions of the President....
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Gandrova: 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Yes, but the best thing is to bring in new set of people because the last set did a bad Job
It is never done like that, because it a very sensitive and important position. Moreover, the Boss has the final say I mean the CBN Governor irrespective of his lieutenants advise.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by OriOko88(m): 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
fk002:
Buhari spread his appointment to the 3 Northern zones.

But this senile old man cornered all the southern slots to south west, and still he is claiming southern Presidency

I just pity rest of the southern region
U can hug d transformer if u not satisfied. No one Give a fkk bou u lots. Effing morons
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by ppogba: 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
forgiveness:

Chairman board of Citi Bank

Being chairman of a bank DOES NOT, CAN NOT and WILL NEVER make you a banker.

HE peter Obi was chairman of FIDELITY BANK. Has Peter Obi ever CLAIMED TO BE a banker?

Any money bag who is rich enough to be a promoter of a bank or a Nigerian of impeccable worth can be a bank chairman without having being a banker.

I hope I am CLEAR.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by frog12: 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
so where's former acting shonubi ?

Vision101:
@Jideji

My brother when God remembers you, its your time.

@me
Not new because I had worked under him. Elite Yoruba with no tribal biase. Round peg in round hole. Worked in Nigerian international bank (now city bank). Executive director (business development) citizens international bank.

Commissioner for economic development under tinubu as governor. Went back to havard for his doctorate. Designed the template for LAMATA and LMDGP both backed by world bank for Lagos state while at havard.

The father was the first accountant general of Lagos state. Married to Bimbo daughter of Otunba TOS Benson.

Well known around the Nigerian elite economists and high riders - wale Edu, pat Utomi, Bismarck riwalni of financial derivatives, DB Cooper, Funke Osibodu, Aganga Williams, Cyril Chukwuma, Silverbird man etc.

I'm an Igbo. I enjoyed working with him. He has always had that boyish face.

With what is happening with tinubu's appointments he will have no reason to fail because he is almost using his known first eleven. I think that he wants to recreate what he did in Lagos state.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by new2012: 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
Acekidc4:
Tinubu, Tinubu, how many times did i call you, please and please some pressing your Haters Neck any anyhow Na 🙄 with this your Sweet sweet Appointments!! Do you want them to die of hypertension Ni 🤭🤗🤣

You don't even know who he is, it's possible you've never heard of him, so whether he's competent or not is irrelevant to you.nits abt tribe and defending the president.

The president will be alright, the hate, criticisms are normal for every president. but worry abt yourself, what you'll eat, your family and even friends. your growth and progress in life- that's what matters!
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by emilas1979(m): 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
very unfortunate
Kingosytex:
Dem don finally get rid of Emefiele cheesy

Buhari set a very bad antecedent by appointing his tribesmen to head every sensitive position and Tinubu is following the blue print perfectly.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by baralatie(m): 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
frog12:

Praying not to be called to perform nysc at DSS camp🤷🤷
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by forgiveness: 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
ppogba:

Being chairman of a bank DOES NOT, CAN NOT and WILL NEVER make you a banker.

HE peter Obi was chairman of FIDELITY BANK. Has Peter Obi ever CLAIMED TO BE a banker?

Any money bag who is rich enough to be a promoter of a bank or a Nigerian of impeccable worth can be a bank chairman without having being a banker.

I hope I am CLEAR.

crossbreedwears:
He had few years banking sector boss.

The point....
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by crossbreedwears(m): 9:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
Noted
forgiveness:

The point....
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by femicyrus(m): 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
blackgold2018:
poor things. Only poor people are tribalistic
Frustrated people are always crying foul
As e dey pain them, e dey sweet us

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by OriOko88(m): 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
NwaIdeato:
Yorubanization and Fulanization na the same thing, the former is just window dressed in the false cloak of sophistication while the latter is just mediocrity-personified. Under Buhari’s fulani administration, Nigeria was absolutely and utterly useless in all ramifications. Under Ebola, the country is still stagnant, Naira to dollar rate keeps crashing, inflation rates keep soaring, poverty everywhere that even people are vandalizing food trucks in Ronuland.

This is the Nigeria of Yeriba and Fulani, two peas in the same pod of utter mediocrity and asinine cluelessness.
Una go blow grammer tire. As e dey Pain dem e dey sweet us. 😂

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Rayab: 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2023
Is time for our own (Yoruba) to breath......for so long in Nigeria the Yoruba's administration is the best...one Nigeria one Love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Rayab: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
Let my president breath...... He's the best president so far.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Rayab: 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
Let my president breath....the best so far.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Irony1: 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

You assume everyone is as low as you are.

Oga answer the question what antics? You keep showing everyone how dense and low in thinking you are.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Vision101(m): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
@frog12

@me
Retired. He was just a placeholder anyway.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Bimpe29: 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2023
Just like I candidly observed when President Muhammad Buhari ceded the majority of the military/security formation appointments to the Northern part of Nigeria, noting that the spirit of the federal character principle must be observed and complied with.

Alas! President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's style is really more unpleasant and nepostic as he isn't considering the totality of Southern Nigeria but just a subset thereof, South West/Yoruba.

The lopsidedness is eternally unthinkable and undesirable in a mega country that's practically exist along divergent ethnic groups. In all honesty, having:
1. Minister of Finance,
2. Accountant General of the Federation,
3. CBN Governor,
4. Comptroller General of Custom and
5. Chairman FIRS
All from the same tribe and within the same subset of a certain geo political zone is truly unfair and left much to be desired.

Hence, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is humbly required to depart from that unpleasant format, and entrench equity and equitable distribution of national offices particularly with respect to the management of the nation's economy and financial resources.

Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians irrespective of tribe and religious affiliation.

It's my prayer that God will make it easy for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to effectively pilot the enormous affairs of this nation in such a manner that our dreams are met and fulfilled in no distant time Aameen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Lanre1st(m): 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
lexy2014:

At what time was Cardoso commissioner of finance?

What are his "capabilities and what is up to"?

What did he accomplish as commissioner that makes u say Tinubu means business and Cardoso is tested and trusted?

How did Tinubu "build modern Lagos"?

Before Tinubu become governor of Lagos, was Lagos ancient?

If you say you "believe BAT will build prosperous Nigeria", what did buhari do for 8years?

Guy I know you from previous mention on Shettima post, you will be dribble like Messi and refuse to learn or accept fact. I don't have your time. Good day
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by OriOko88(m): 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2023
ogbe88:
A coup will settle this once and for all.
Mumu.. Any coup.to oust Tinubu will be d end of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Seun360(m): 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
PepeXKermit:

Tbere is nothing wrong with this. They all should keep the same energy bewcause wgen igbo man do am when we have an igbo president, make no man complain..

Igbo President for this Nigeria?

No fit happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by tunde1200(m): 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
Some people go cry blood for this appointment.
Anyway congratulations to you sir I wish all the best.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Seun360(m): 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
OriOko88:

Mumu.. Any coup.to oust Tinubu will be d end of Nigeria

I keep telling them. When Yoruba start our own agitation , we go get our Oduduwa Republic on a platter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chibok Girls Survivors, Now In Oregon Boarding School, Share Their Stories (Pics / Women In Asoebi Denied Entry To Tosin Saraki's Wedding? (Photos) / Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.