Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor (44081 Views)

I Am Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Economic Woes - Olayemi Cardoso / Oshiomhole Opposed Yemi Cardoso As CBN Governor (Video) / Tinubu Nominates Atiku Bagudu & Olawale Edun Into Transition Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by planetx: 7:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
Not only Yoruba appointments but also a lot of core Lagosians.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by barinedan(m): 7:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
I hope he will learn from the mistake of Emefiele because in Nigeria we don't learn from the mistakes of others
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Akano5(m): 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
The things that led to Biafra war was this.
Now they are taking us back to 1950 and 60s

Appointment based on tribesmen.

Which kain country be this.

Now the country will be more divided.

Power has become north for north
West for west

The middle belt, south south the ones wey no get voice. Dem follow us come count bridge.

A leader and drug lord are parallel lines.

Seriously na now I understand wetin obj do as president.

Balanced equation
Well he fought the war.
He understands and holds no grudge

Buhari a failure even in war front
Failed as military head of state and failed as a democratic head of state.
Tinubu never knew what war was.
He was doing drugs.

So they just dey help military dey prepare for take over.

Funny part is na young military officers dey collect government and not the old cargo generals.

But must we reach that level to know that this is not good for a united Nigeria.
Nigeria is a disgrace to humanity
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by MaxW11: 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2023
LordAdam16:

No point in complaining.
Everyone will get their turn.

In fact, it'll be a huge relief if each geopolitical zone gets the opportunity to be nepotistic for 8 years.
Marginalization complaints will subside.
Whenever it gets to your turn, appoint whomever you fancy.

The regions that'd best benefit from this arrangement are the Core North (NW and NE) and the Better South (SS and SE).
Regions will always be sympathetic to sister zones.
Heck, even the MB will get something, as their Christians will be appointed in the Better South's administrations, while their Muslims will be appointed in the Core North's administrations.

The Yorubas don't have a twin region, so they'll be hard hit by this paradigm they're championing.
You bet they'd raise dust when they're on the receiving end, but no one will pay them any mind.
I trust the SE.
The SS might try to be sympathetic because we are a melting pot of Indigenous, Yoruboid, and Igboid ethnicities.
But the gbas gbos from the SE will be a sight to behold.

-Lord

Problem with your logic is that the minorities (SS,MB & SE to an extent) don’t stand a chance at the presidency without aligning with the SW.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by pharmagba: 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2023
Tozocalamity:
When igbo do their own nw una go say igbo are bad but u guys dont see anything wrong with apointing only ur tribesmen into juicy gorverment positions exclusively to run the country and divide the spoil among themselves. others are now spectators.. Ok na. Shithole country
You done your own already giving Obi over 90% of votes in your territory.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Menclothing: 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2023
All hand on deck
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Expanse2020(m): 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2023
Wawelexy:

Oh he should have appointed Chibuzor? Or Nnamdi? Abi Chukwuma?
They can't appoints chibuzor and emeka ooo because they are still servicing the jail term in Phillipine for developing Thier country wrongly 🤣🤣🤣🤣

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Ckonnet: 7:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
I wished obi was there but tinubu is better than any fulani man and I love the fact he is selecting his people for juicy appointments.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by easzypeaszy(m): 7:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
See as Igbos and Christians dey see appointment like play.
Yet we dey shout MM tkxts and so forth

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2023
ijustdey:

NTA
Very good. The CBN need urgent regiging!
Wish the new team well
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Okwyjesus(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2023
[quote author=invinzible1 post=125812997]Lol..... another Yoruba appointee... my own is that he should be competent. We don't want another ]
Soup
Its okay. Better than filling everywhere with incompetent northeners

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Angelfrost(m): 7:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kingosytex:
Dem don finally get rid of Emefiele cheesy

Buhari set a very bad antecedent by appointing his tribesmen to every sensitive position and Tinubu is following the blue print perfectly.

Well, in fairness to him, he can only appoint people he knows or believes can deliver regardless of the tribe they come from...!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by TheBillyonaire: 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
Irony1:

Which antics? You guys keep saying things you don't know or cannot even prove when you are placed on the spot.

You assume everyone is as low as you are.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Gentew(m): 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
treesun:

Is He related to Muntairu Cardoso? Tinubu is doing well to Yorubalise the nation!

Yoruba lokan.....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by forgiveness: 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
ppogba:

Where sir?

I want to learn.

Chairman board of Citi Bank

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by baralatie(m): 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
Jorussia:
I thought president can't sack CBN governor?
The constitution of Nigeria gives the president powers to remove the cbn governor .
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by slowice(m): 7:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
truthfinder319:
Keep crying.
You didn't vote for him yet he gave your region the biggest ministry: Works

He gave his goon the ministry not my region
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by slowice(m): 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
femicyrus:

Thank God o
If not Obi would have appointed ipob 100%

Cultist have already seized Lagos and are now waging war in Abuja... Agbado on the beat.

This gbola you are standing on is wrinkled and corrupt

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by slowice(m): 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Wait for your turn.

Peter Obi showed us what he was capable of by appointing Ibo campaign directors everywhere. Even in Lagos, he Influenced the party to give us Chinedu Gbarebo as the candidate despite the boy having zero experience in governance.

Slavery is your destiny not mine so enjoy your Lagos and be safe.. Because na cultist own the place now

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by engrjacuzzi: 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
Cardozo...i remember that player that year that plied his trade with Benfica with jersey No 7.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by XAUBulls: 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
ijustdey:

NTA
'Yemi Cardoso... Citibank.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by LordAdam16: 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
MaxW11:

Problem with your logic is that the minorities (SS,MB & SE to an extent) don’t stand a chance at the presidency without aligning with the SW.

What regions will produce the GCFR and GCON for 16 years after Tinubu?
I want to find out how deep your delusion runs.
That's 16 straight years of wailing for you guys.
Enjoy your 8 years.

-Lord
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Adolfnigeria: 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
(1) Mrs. Emem Nnana Usoro
(2) Mr. Muhammad Sani Abdullahi Dattijo
(3) Mr. Philip Ikeazor
(4) Dr. Bala M. Bello

Honestly I am not impressed with these nominations, and this action shows that Tinubu is not ready to clean the CBN institution. I looked at the profiles of the nominations. CBN requires a board with the experience, resilience and knowledge the current fiasco Emefiele and gang has caused.

Olayemi Cardoso: International experience, education and professional. Should bring a lot of public administration experience to this position.
Emem Nnana Usoro: Lackey of Elumelu with substancial experience within his organization. No international experience. I am sure Elumelu campaigned for her. Expect UBA bank to make leverage on this important contact within the CBN.

Mr. Muhammad Sani Abdullahi Dattijo: Rubbish appointment, political lackey of El-rufai, no professional experience of noteworthy. Politician turned banker with a stroke of the pen. Expect him to bring other lackeys to the CBN.

Philip Ikeazor: International experience, education and work - within the financial services industry.

Bala M. Bello: No international experience of noteworthy. Director NEXIM, Sigma Pensions, SEC. Strikes me, as someone with a lot of connections.

Overall, only Cardoso and Ikeazor, impress me. Bottom of the pile is Usoro and Dattijo. Bello is somewhere in the middle.

Is TINUBU READY TO CLEAN THE CBN ---NO.....

We need a team of experts, only two experts in my opinion. The rest are political lackeys and nothing special. Expect another 5 years of bottom performance.

I would have preferred TINUBU employs the best and brightest and most experienced at this time. Because this is what Nigeria needs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by zelnababa(m): 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
jadajada:
He is just putting his fellow lagosians in strategic position.
if you enter in future put ur ppl nobody go arrest you, abi na you campaign for him na ur money he spent

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by baralatie(m): 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
Adolfnigeria:
(1) Mrs. Emem Nnana Usoro
(2) Mr. Muhammad Sani Abdullahi Dattijo
(3) Mr. Philip Ikeazor
(4) Dr. Bala M. Bello

Honestly I am not impressed with these nominations, and this action shows that Tinubu is not ready to clean the CBN institution. I looked at the profiles of the nominations. CBN requires a board with the experience, resilience and knowledge the current fiasco Emefiele and gang has caused.

Olayemi Cardoso: International experience, education and professional. Should bring a lot of public administration experience to this position.
Emem Nnana Usoro: Lackey of Elumelu with substancial experience within his organization. No international experience. I am sure Elumelu campaigned for her. Expect UBA bank to make leverage on this important contact within the CBN.

Mr. Muhammad Sani Abdullahi Dattijo: Rubbish appointment, political lackey of El-rufai, no professional experience of noteworthy. Politician turned banker with a stroke of the pen. Expect him to bring other lackeys to the CBN.

Philip Ikeazor: International experience, education and work - within the financial services industry.

Bala M. Bello: No international experience of noteworthy. Director NEXIM, Sigma Pensions, SEC. Strikes me, as someone with a lot of connections.

Overall, only Cardoso and Ikeazor, impress me. Bottom of the pile is Usoro and Dattijo. Bello is somewhere in the middle.

Is TINUBU READY TO CLEAN THE CBN ---NO.....

We need a team of experts, only two experts in my opinion. The rest are political lackeys and nothing special. Expect another 5 years of bottom performance.

I would have preferred TINUBU the best and brightest and most experienced at this time. Because this is what Nigeria needs.
Are you serious?
You mean it is soldier go soldier come
😲😲
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Ingocof(m): 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
Wawelexy:

Oh he should have appointed Chibuzor? Or Nnamdi? Abi Chukwuma?

Or Peter Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Gajagojo: 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
baralatie:

The constitution of Nigeria gives the president powers to remove the cbn governor .

The president did not remove him
He is missing AWOL
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Chucks13: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
invinzible1:
Lol..... another Yoruba appointee... my own is that he should be competent. We don't want another Emewere

Bro God forbid another Emewere we will never see another Emewere again.

I'm sure this Cardoso is going to do much better.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Ingocof(m): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
The things that led to Biafra war was this.

Now they are taking us back to 1950 and 60s

Appointment based on tribesmen.

Which kain country be this.

Now the country will be more divided.

Power has become north for north
West for west

The middle belt, south south the ones wey no get voice. Dem follow us come count bridge.

A leader and drug lord are parallel lines.

Seriously na now I understand wetin obj do as president.

Balanced equation
Well he fought the war.
He understands and holds no grudge

Buhari a failure even in war front
Failed as military head of state and failed as a democratic head of state.
Tinubu never knew what war was.
He was doing drugs.

So they just dey help military dey prepare for take over.

Funny part is na young military officers dey collect government and not the old cargo generals.

But must we reach that level to know that this is not good for a united Nigeria.

By their words and comments you shall know them.
Sorry for your pain, you will be healed soon.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Chucks13: 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
Acekidc4:
Tinubu, Tinubu, how many times did i call you, please and please some pressing your Haters Neck any anyhow Na 🙄 with this your Sweet sweet Appointments!! Do you want them to die of hypertension Ni 🤭🤗🤣

Make dem die na hin we want.

We wan choke dem to death.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Phobia: N2.5b Adada Dam Contractor Rushes Back To Site / PDP Releases Official Statement On Audu's Death / Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.