Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor (44045 Views)

I Am Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Economic Woes - Olayemi Cardoso / Oshiomhole Opposed Yemi Cardoso As CBN Governor (Video) / Tinubu Nominates Atiku Bagudu & Olawale Edun Into Transition Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by KingCyclon12: 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
invinzible1:
Lol..... another Yoruba appointee... my own is that he should be competent. We don't want another Emewere

Nice one you said it all 👍🏻
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by MyMouth(m): 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
lexy2014:

Is it prayer that will make his reign favour the country?
Toh, what do you want me to say
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by MEGAWATCH: 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
Maize247:
Nice one. The man is halve Ibo. SE should celebrate this man if they are not ingrate

Shut up there abeg,

Why are you people not celebrating the labour party governorship candidate in Lagos during the last election?

It's like the best way to identify a Yoruba person is through his level of Hypocrisy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Irony1: 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Thankfully. Tony Elumelu's antics did not work on the President.

Which antics? You guys keep saying things you don't know or cannot even prove when you are placed on the spot.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by tonididdy(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
Be like I go finally Balenciaga for this man Camp!

I'm loving the appointments 😁
Hausa don too do us shege, I tot he will be another JONA and lick northern ass but I'm toting wrong!
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Irony1: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
Lanre1st:
Tinubu really mean business, this man are his personal person from former Lagos cabinet, tested and trusted but was given another position before. I commend how he dribbled everybody with the portfolio intended to give him, I trust more change in some offices and ministries are still coming .

May Tinubu/Shetima administration brings betterment to the Nation

You guys just like to spew rubbish with so much confidence.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Irony1: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
truthfinder319:
Keep crying.
You didn't vote for him yet he gave your region the biggest ministry: Works

You don't have sense
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
Boldideas:

Imagine you trying to justify why Tafawa Balewa was killed... Quite pathetic😧😧😧😧

Imagine thinking like a he goat.
truthfinder319:

Keep crying.

You don't have sense
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by BJanta: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kingosytex:
Dem don finally get rid of Emefiele cheesy

Buhari set a very bad antecedent by appointing his tribesmen to every sensitive position and Tinubu is following the blue print perfectly.

Jonathan started it and nobody complained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Irony1: 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
flokii:
All I can say is Yoruba lokan.. It's our turn to enjoy.
Haters can keep wailing.

You don't have sense
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Oloripelebe: 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
The January boys started it...Heart attack kill obedients formerly known as ipob tonight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Irony1: 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
truthfinder319:

Keep crying.

Still you don't have sense
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Olurondo: 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2023
This appointment does not make any sense.Yemi Cardoso's first degree is Management and Administrative studies and he has a masters degree in public administration.Any reasonable person will know that more than ever before we need a sound ECONOMIST as a CBN governor!!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by ikdaddy01(m): 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2023
Emiloko
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by God2man2again(m): 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2023
Nigerians!

Nigerians!

Nigerians!

What do we really want?

What do we need?

Why do we like to put tribe and ethnic groups over competency, results and good performance?

Does it really matter? if they are all Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo.

What we need is for the economy of this nation to be one of the best in the world.

Mediocre and incompetent men will never do it.

We need seasoned men who are talented and gifted in these fields to bring our economy back to the former position that will be the envy of other nations.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Lanre1st(m): 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
lexy2014:

How does Tinubu really mean business?

How is Cardoso "tested and trusted"?

Tested and trusted by who?

Cardozo was commissioner for Finance in Tinubu cabinet as Lagos state governor, so Tinubu know his capabilities and what is up to. People keep shouting Tinubu build modern Lagos, it was possible with good teams of positive minded people whose Tinubu keep and replicating now, I believe BAT will build prosperous Nigeria we can proud of. It just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by phemmyfour: 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Another Banker

Can't we have thoroughbred economist to head the CBN
Na Central Bank no be Central economy
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by masseratti: 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
truthfinder319:

Keep crying.

why am I replying you when you can't even read... Am Yoruba.. Can't you read...?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Teenaira: 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
The things that led to Biafra war was this.

Now they are taking us back to 1950 and 60s

Appointment based on tribesmen.

Which kain country be this.

Now the country will be more divided.

Power has become north for north
West for west

The middle belt, south south the ones wey no get voice. Dem follow us come count bridge.

A leader and drug lord are parallel lines.

Seriously na now I understand wetin obj do as president.

Balanced equation
Well he fought the war.
He understands and holds no grudge

Buhari a failure even in war front
Failed as military head of state and failed as a democratic head of state.
Tinubu never knew what war was.
He was doing drugs.

So they just dey help military dey prepare for take over.

Funny part is na young military officers dey collect government and not the old cargo generals.

But must we reach that level to know that this is not good for a united Nigeria.

You are free to go and start your Biafra war if you wish, you will meet your nemesis.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Jorussia(m): 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
I thought president can't sack CBN governor?
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Gentew(m): 7:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
Jideji:
Hearing the name for the first time.

My brother when God remembers you, its your time
Get a professional Logo Or Company Letterhead for 2k Only

Please drop us your Company Name Here
https://forms.gle/BqZ26DUD75dF4trLA

Cardoso is a well known name In Lagos governance
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by lionofafrica12: 7:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
Congratulations to my Senior brother and Cousin. He is a professional to the core. Round peg in a round hole. The President needs a professional and a trusted allies in that sensitive position as the economy would revolve around Ministry of Finance and Central bank policies.
Hurray to the president and good luck to the country.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Terrahawk: 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
Here wego

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by VIKTO83(m): 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
According to the prophets of doom, by now tinubu ought to be hopping from one hospital in Germany to France and to UK.
In less than 10days the man had supposed all expectations.
Long live tinubu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by slimmoney(m): 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2023
U hearing yemi cardoso name for the first time?
Jideji:
Hearing the name for the first time.

My brother when God remembers you, its your time
Get a professional Logo Or Company Letterhead for 2k Only

Please drop us your Company Name Here
https://forms.gle/BqZ26DUD75dF4trLA
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by EtovalRealEst: 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2023
cool It is Okay that way instead of arresting people already seated ... Problem now is another policy permutations....

You people should reduce our Debt profile ...
I don't know what we are doing with over 100 billion dollars in debts , how we wan pay back.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by perrychemical: 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
LegacyB:
Yemi Cardoso is a known performer!
From Citi Bank.

Yemi Cardosso, Osibanjo, and the present coordinating minister of economy, Olawale Edun are the three nominated to be Buhari vice, before Tinubu eventually settle for Osibanjo. I am not surprise with this appointment, I have rightly predicted since his name was not among the ministerial position

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by ViceGovernor: 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
As long as Apabio na senate presdo them go confirm am grin.
Congrats on your appointment sir 😌
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by seunodediranivy: 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
I don't even know why people think with their foot, some are saying it's only Yoruba that occupying sensitive position, no o, he should have selected another Hausa man or the people that did not vote for him.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Gentew(m): 7:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
TimT:
This one na Yoruba government ... e good sha

Yoruba Lokan...
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Terrahawk: 7:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
These are the facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Governorship Tribunal Judgement: Udom(PDP) Vs Umana(APC) - Live / President Buhari Returns To Nigeria (pictures) / Apc Chieftain Chants 'pdp Power' During Apc Convention (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.