Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly (16517 Views)

Woman Loses First Pregnancy To Police Brutality After 10 Years Of Marriage / I Have Not Seen My Husband For 10 Years, Woman Tells Court / Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 19, 2011
super story
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Okijajuju1(m): 11:57am On Oct 19, 2011
Has she done anything wrong?! Well it depends on the answer;

I would want to see her account statement for the last ten years. If I have been feeding and providing for her and the family untop of the rent, then I would like to know what she has been spending the money on. Now if all the money is intact in an investment account somewhere, then its cool. But if her account is empty, then yawa go dey,
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by agog: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2011
because she did this for a good decade, without telling d husby, he have every reasons to suspect she is still hidding a whole lot of things from him. He shld look into other issue carrying out DNA on their kids, re-verfying her family history and reoconfirming those males she introduced as part of her family, cos chances are some of them are really her bed mate and financier and not her real family.
But d woman can kill o.
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by deagleng(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2011
To me, that is not marriage. At least there got to be trust and love. If it happens to me, I will divorce the wife straight away. Reason been that such woman can kill the husband.

(O le gbabode)

Please borrow me the English of Abode.

Such a woman is not fit to be one's wife. Haba! Kilode!!!
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by maasoap(m): 12:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
It will only take me the grace of Allah to remain in such a marriage because the foundation upon which the marriage is built which is trust has been shattered.
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Bawss1(m): 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2011
Whats the big deal? I have no problem with my wife owing secret property. I even pray that she owns many houses and apartments in Abuja PH and Lagos that I don't know about.
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by awuf2008: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2011
Like the old saying goes - do not trust any woman including your mother or wife. Only God knows how many of such secrets she would have kept for her husband. and if the woman has any children or children for the man, he should go and conduct a dna test on those children, so as to ascertain their true identities if not, some of those children could be bastards. To me,the woman in question is not a wife but a killer. so the man should as a matter of urgency terminate the marriage immediately. Most Women are devil incarnate and will end up in hell. Amen [size=18pt]MEN BEWARE OF KILLER WOMEN[/size]
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2011
People still listen to radio ? Na wa o
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Bawss1(m): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2011
awuf2008:

Like the old saying goes - do not trust any woman including your mother or wife. Only God knows how many of such secrets she would have kept for her husband. and if the woman has any children or children for the man, he should go and conduct a dna test on those children, so as to ascertain their true identities if not, some of those children could be bastards. To me,the woman in question is not a wife but a killer. so the man should as a matter of urgency terminate the marriage immediately. Most Women are devil incarnate and will end up in hell. Amen [size=18pt]MEN BEWARE OF KILLER WOMEN[/size]

At the risk of turning this thread into another Men vs. Women thread I have to say that this is all pure bullocks. Nothing good can be gleaned from this post other than the hate and spite that many thick skulled men have been be known to direct at the fairer s[i]e[/i]x. Any self respecting man would have since learnt to do away with such belittling forms of thinking.

1 Like

Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by maxtum(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2011
Make Stanley call me make i help am pack her load out of the house! make she go build another one quick quick! Stanley don seize the house! grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by asoebi(m): 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2011
Let me borrow you the English version (compromise) amon sha u sef no try u wan tell me say u no know watin abode mean for ede geesi nawa for u ooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Luroi(m): 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2011
d woman no do well sha, but in hindsight d money still remains in d family rather dan payin some lanlord somewhere. so the husband can take bak d whole lot as savings for d past ten years and find if she no come up wit gud xcuses for her actions, den find anoda woman (na just ma opinion o!)
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by engrj(m): 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2011
Wow this is Interesting. Anyway as for me am not married yet but let me just say that there is a reason 4 everything. To start with i will look into the marriage if it has been a blessed marriage like having kids already, we have a good family plan, good property to show for the past ten years etc then i will now call the woman we talk it out. but if the marriage has not been a blessed one.  smiley i think i will have to a re think . because i don't really know why a hard work family will still be in a rented apartment even in their home not Abroad for the past ten years Well may God Help us.
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Xionez(m): 2:44pm On Oct 19, 2011
Well if they and their children are still struggling in their finances, then the woman is selfish and mean.
But i got to give it to her at this point in this uncompleted gist. The woman is S H A R P. She must have known the guy so well that he wasnt going to give her allowances or stuff like that, and thats if she is a proper housewife, hence the possible reason for her actions.

This is my kind of woman. Hehehehe. grin grin grin
Can poster please post pic of the guy's expression after hearing his wife was his landlord?, Thanks
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by BiafranFirstSon(m): 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2011
It is better to keep a prostitute with a humble and contrite heart than to marry a virgin that treats you with contempt and disdain![color=#000099][/color]
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by eghost247(m): 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2011
[size=20pt]DIVORCE[/size]
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by kpolli(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2011
collect refund
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Femiblacky(m): 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2011
I think the woman should be nominated for the best midfielder of her generation,imagine that pass of the century she gave to her husband!! If it was me,i'll file for a divorce
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by maclatunji: 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2011
kpolli:

collect refund

Guys, I do not get it- why would you want a refund if she has built the house with her own legitimate resources? It is not a must that a wife must put her property at the disposal of her husband but it is the job of the husband to meet her needs to a reasonable extent.
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by helpdoer: 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2011
Men have done this for years, keep money hidden from their wives for clandestine undertakings. A woman does it, everyone screams. If she did this it must be because she doesn't trust him enough to tell him for reasons she may already know and YOU and i do not.

Also, why on earth can't he pay rent? He's living in comfort isn't he? Shouldn't he then pay for the upkeep of the property?

Puhhleeeze!

1 Like

Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2011
I found most comments so funny. Matter of fact, what is the point of getting married if the couple cannot trust each other.

What the women did amount to a total breach of trust and loyalty. The man should check the paternity of all his children.

I have serious doubt of the woman's fidelity
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by lagcity(m): 6:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
kai, women! they'll never see wrong in anything as long as a woman is at fault. look how women on this thread are spiting thrash. "oh maybe he's a gambler, maybe he's an alcoholic, maybe he's a womanizer, the story is only 5%" chei! woman kill person oooo. I fear una. A woman who can do something like this can also put Antifreeze in her husbands food. I say the man should run away.
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by bigsean(m): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2011
Its difficult to comment on this subject because the poster really gave just 5% of the full gist.
But if i must add my little voice based on what i perceive from the subject and from previous responses, i have to say alot of us (nairalander's) are ignoring a very salient point here, TRUST.
This is 100% a trust issue, if u can live a lie for 10yrs with ur spouse then every single action before and during the marriage is up for review because u cant be trusted for anything.

Marriage is not meant to be business, charging your husband rent for house which both of u stay-in, come on guys. totally unimaginable (i hope this story is fabricated, cos if not, i pity the husband).
Also, i read some response that, supporting the woman's action, that why should they be in a rent for 10years. I'm sorry but that reasoning doesn't even "hold any water". What is wrong is wrong, !
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by gratiaeo(m): 9:16pm On Oct 19, 2011
This is just the headline i'm still waiting 4 d complete story
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Eyewonda: 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2011
Divorce is out of the question as a christian. Remember the vow - for better/for worse. I would however, begin to reconsider the integrity of my wife and wonder if she was even a believer ab initio or probably I didn't start the union with , God. I would ask for the grace to carry on, inviting God to wade in and bringout the marriage from guagmire.

Who knows I (Emeka) may have been the cause for the distrust and action of my wife (Ada) from my actions during courtship, giving her reason to feel insecured in the relationship, hence her selfish act. We would talk things over and have us continually abiding in the presence of God with renewed commitments in the relationship. There is nothing God Cannot do. No situation he cannot change and no problem/sickness he cannot solve/heal.
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by linkin8k(m): 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2011
divorce. marriage should be based on trust. can't believe people are finding reasons to make her actions sound right. If a man had another family out of his normal one what would you people say Men r this men r that,
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by harakiri(m): 11:57pm On Oct 19, 2011
The crass hypocrisy on this thread reminds me of the two faced coin of Janus. Some people are indirectly/directly supporting the woman's actions. Another one says she's "sharp".

Let's spin the table around for a second. If they both lived in the duplex,paid rent and the man happened to be the owner of the house, would you be saying the same thing? I seriously doubt that. The same people giving kudos to the woman would have rained hell on the man with all manner of demeaning insults. And they keep talking about equality of the sexes.

Give it a break will ya?
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by emmatok(m): 11:58pm On Oct 19, 2011
That woman is hiding a lot of secretes if she can hide a big asset(property) like that.

The man should first confirm if those children are his or from another man.

Then he must leave that property ASAP.

He should start protecting his assets and prepare to leave that relationship.

Because one day he will discover the HOUSING AGENT is bleep.I.N.G his wife.
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by ShyOne(f): 12:16am On Oct 20, 2011
I don't even know what to say. Unbelievable and smh - too many variables.

It was great to save that kind of money but to not let your spouse know? sounds dirty, low down, unethical - just don't know what to think - never heard of this type of behavior in a marriage.

Either she doesn't trust him (why? who knows) or she is a snake or she is trying to save for the family in the long run but it is still done in an underhanded way - why is she leaving him out? and why is she charging him without his knowledge and pocketing the money without his knowledge?

smh
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Leffe2010: 1:42am On Oct 20, 2011
fake and stupid story you should be ashamed of ur self for forging such a story malu nama
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by oraclefemi(m): 1:47am On Oct 20, 2011
for 10yrs ? a man you sleep with everyday and have kids for ? 10yrs?? hes working hard to pay for the rent i suppose, you know how many sleepless nights we men go through when we have bills to pay ? and she claims to be my wife , the idea is very sick. Once they are married and took the oath , they become one , she shouldnt keep such secrets for a decade. I know many people will justify this case because they arent in such shoes but to me thats deception of the highest order! I dont think i will be normal with her after i hear that,obviously she puts money above everything to the point she is cool with taking mine too! I will plan for her Bleep up,an eye for an eye !
Re: Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly by Nobody: 4:24am On Oct 20, 2011
@Odiero

First of all, she must give back all my money, secondly, chase her away from that house for 3 months to her fathers house, that will tell if she really loves me by obeying

Does this even make sense?
It's her house, her name is on it. More like she'd send you out if care is not taken.
Bush men sef plenty for naija.

@Post

I'd just ask her what else she's being lying about. 10yrs, AH AHN!!
Also, what did she do with the money? Spend it, save it. . . .etc?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigerian Man Who Has 86 Wives / When Should Parents Let Teenagers Make Their Own Decisions? / What Would You Do If You Find A Used Condom Wrapper In Your Matrimonial Bedroom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.