Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

"I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa (2573 Views)

"Nigerian Men Are The Best In The World" – Toke Makinwa / "Leave Your Marriage If Things Are Not Going Well" Mia Khalifa Marriage Advice / Please What's The Essence Of Marriage If I End Up Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by DyshApp: 12:41am On Sep 16, 2023
Gistlovers previously reported that Toke Makinwa and Maje Ayida divorced in 2015 after it emerged that he had fathered a child with his ex-girlfriend.

However, on her recent podcast episode, TokeMoments, the actress expressed a different perspective, suggesting that she might have made sacrifices if she had children during her marriage.

She remarked, “Many women endure unhealthy marriages for the sake of their children. You often hear women say, ‘The marriage may be over, but I stay for the kids.’

"I'll be candid here; if I had a child while married, I might have been one of those women. I had experienced the trauma of losing both parents at the age of 8; I mean, I was adopted. I have a wonderful life, for which I'm grateful, but there were times I wondered what life might have been like if that hadn't happened.

"So, for the sake of my children, I might have had to compromise just to ensure they had both mom and dad. I could have been one of those women. Therefore, I'm not here to judge anyone."

Follow up with the latest gist here

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by hahn(m): 12:42am On Sep 16, 2023
But you're for the streets and the streets welcome you

12 Likes

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by izonborn098(m): 12:44am On Sep 16, 2023
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Wodu89: 12:46am On Sep 16, 2023
Pele. Oti lo tongue

1 Like

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by finallybusy: 2:53am On Sep 16, 2023
She can’t create life. She would’ve long used it to trap the man.

1 Like

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Kobojunkie: 3:03am On Sep 16, 2023
DyshApp:
She remarked, “Many women endure unhealthy marriages for the sake of their children. You often hear women say, ‘The marriage may be over, but I stay for the kids.’

"I'll be candid here; if I had a child while married, I might have been one of those women. I had experienced the trauma of losing both parents at the age of 8; I mean, I was adopted. I have a wonderful life, for which I'm grateful, but there were times I wondered what life might have been like if that hadn't happened.

"So, for the sake of my children, I might have had to compromise just to ensure they had both mom and dad. I could have been one of those women. Therefore, I'm not here to judge anyone."
Would the kids be happy knowing that daddy and mommy are living unhappily for their sake though? What do they benefit from watching Daddy and mummy live like strangers, or even enemies, for their sake? Such an arrangement is bound to leave emotional scars that could potentially hunt those kids for life, so why excuse it or make it sound like a reasonable arrangement? undecided

8 Likes

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by talented321: 3:49am On Sep 16, 2023
Unhealthy not unhappy...
Kobojunkie:
Would the kids be happy knowing that daddy and mommy are living unhappily for their sake though? What do they benefit from watching Daddy and mummy live like strangers, or even enemies, for their sake? Such an arrangement is bound to leave emotional scars that could potentially hunt those kids for life, so why excuse it or make it sound like a reasonable arrangement? undecided

1 Like

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by talented321: 3:54am On Sep 16, 2023
With my loud....
Why saying this now? are you traumatized?
You go explain tire but no evidence..
When you think u have thousand of guys waiting for you outside but in reality they all want to chop and clean mouth...
Are u now regretting or what?
One of the happiest moment of my life is been born as a man...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by doggedfighter(f): 4:41am On Sep 16, 2023
Who's the lady in the 2nd picture with the dark guy ?
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by doggedfighter(f): 4:45am On Sep 16, 2023
finallybusy:
She can’t create life. She would’ve long used it to trap the man.

Trap a man she was already married to ?

What's the use of the trap ?

3 Likes

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by atilla(m): 6:09am On Sep 16, 2023
doggedfighter:
Who's the lady in the 2nd picture with the dark guy ?
It's the same lady. Toke Makinwa with the husband she divorced

1 Like

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by finallybusy: 6:15am On Sep 16, 2023
doggedfighter:

Trap a man she was already married to ?

What's the use of the trap ?
To stay longer in the marriage. He left her for obvious reasons.
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 16, 2023
I can't leave someone I have kids for

But I'm sure I won't let the person misbehave

The most important thing is I won't marry nonsense, reason I don't give out my feelings so quick, never.
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by talented321: 6:43am On Sep 16, 2023
Everybody was once ranting like you before we humble them...
IconicR:
I can't leave someone I have kids for

But I'm sure I won't let the person misbehave

The most important thing is I won't marry nonsense, reason I don't give out my feelings so quick, never.

17 Likes

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 16, 2023
talented321:
I'm not everyone

I'm iconicR

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Kingcalls: 7:18am On Sep 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Splitting will make it worse for the child ...

1 Like

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by K33fK0zaRt: 7:22am On Sep 16, 2023
hollow-show don drop quote.
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Auraking: 7:22am On Sep 16, 2023
Get cheap Data on my signature
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by K33fK0zaRt: 7:23am On Sep 16, 2023
IconicR:
I'm not everyone

I'm iconicR
😀😀 cause you're not of this world abii. Dey play. We're all patiently waiting for the day you'll get married. I am waiting for you to start dropping them posts. Hehe

1 Like

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2023
K33fK0zaRt:
😀😀 cause you're not of this world abii. Dey play. We're all patiently waiting for the day you'll get married. I am waiting for you to start dropping them posts. Hehe
I will marry a reasonable person that has a good heart
I'm very selective because I don't want to make a mistake

1 Like

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by talented321: 8:01am On Sep 16, 2023
Mr selecter..... No select reach meno
IconicR:
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 16, 2023
Aunty keep quiet, you belong to the streets. Any man who takes you serious is an unserious man. No value

5 Likes

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by K33fK0zaRt: 8:20am On Sep 16, 2023
IconicR:
somebody that has a good heart, that is rich and powerful. Chuckles. What are the odds that you'd find a man that is rich and powerful and also has a good heart? grin cheesy
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 16, 2023
K33fK0zaRt:
somebody that has a good heart, that is rich and powerful. Chuckles. What are the odds that you'd find a man that is rich and powerful and also has a good heart? grin cheesy
See as you he'll me garnish my comment

We have them around but they are very few
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by K33fK0zaRt: 8:23am On Sep 16, 2023
IconicR:
See as you he'll me garnish my comment

We have them around but they are very few
Dey play grin cheesy you're still in your early twenties, I reckon. grin
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:20am On Sep 16, 2023
hahn:
But you're for the streets and the streets welcome you

I always thank God for peace of mind. Lots of people envy this lady, wish to be her even when they may be living a far happier life than her.
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by dkidd: 9:34am On Sep 16, 2023
talented321:
With my loud....
Why saying this now? are you traumatized?
You go explain tire but no evidence..
When you think u have thousand of guys waiting for you outside but in reality they all want to chop and clean mouth ...
Are u now regretting or what?
One of the happiest moment of my life is been born as a man...
😅
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Creamypie(m): 10:10am On Sep 16, 2023
Don't worry. Your clock is ticking. U are about 40. Your market go soon go down hill. Men prefer young girls with firm body/b**b, and v*g that is tighter and still has ogbono or okra-like fluid, not watery ones that older ones have. My word of advice
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by siofra(f): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2023
talented321:

Who are the we

All these nairaland boys that have not stopped choping "mummy thank you" 😹😹😂

1 Like

Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by Kobojunkie: 11:13am On Sep 16, 2023
Kingcalls:
■ Splitting will make it worse for the child ...
That's in fact been proven not to be true at all. undecided
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by talented321: 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2023
You are my daughter's age mate. Stop looking for poor attention...
siofra:

Who are the we

All these nairaland boys that have not stopped choping "mummy thank you"
Re: "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa by hahn(m): 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I always thank God for peace of mind. Lots of people envy this lady, wish to be her even when they may be living a far happier life than her.

Who wishes to be a hoe? 🙄

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Girl That I Can Nack Her Pussy For 11 Hours Nonstop / Why Do Some Women Like 'bad' Boys? / Girls, What Happened To Loving A Man Without Putting Money First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.