Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo (29455 Views)

Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo / Bishop David Oyedepo Curses Fulani Herdsmen / Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Goalnaldo(m): 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2023
"Enjoy your stage per time" I love that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Babastrong(m): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
I love that nonsense
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Wodu89: 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2023
Bridget95:
Sell all you have and give to the poor and needy and I will believe you.

This is what Jesus told Necodemus. It is easier for a camel to go through the eyes of the niddle than a rich man to enter heaven.

If you are stupendously rich, heaven is far from you.

You are wrong

I wish I could mentor you for some months

We have faithfuls who were billionaire

Father Abraham was a billionaire in goods and commodities. Same with Isaac, Jacob and Job and Joseph of Arimathea. So so many throughout scriptures
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Moneyboyz: 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2023
But he would accept it as tithe and offering.
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by SmartPolician: 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2023
Wodu89:

The Catholic church sits on billions. Many Christian organizations now sit on billions. God promises us as Christians wealth. My only pain is why would one be a follower for a decade and look like a skunk. You need emergency financial aid of 500k for medical surgery for your loved one, then stories begins to enter and a while family may have committed there for a decade. When people then ask for help, speeches like you're coming to church because if financial aid not for God. Even after spending up to a decade in followersip and service. Then I begin to wonder if we have blood in us or iron

I dare to be challenged, did someone not say they had a mandate to make people at liberty almost thirty years plus ago.

And when one mebtors followers for 10-20-30 years then the fruits should be the judge

And when followers of 10-40 years are yet in terrible conditions in large swarths, what right do we have to claim fullfilment ?

I am not sure I understood everything you wrote, but I want to respond because you mentioned the Catholic Church. Yes, I am a proud Catholic and the Church has been going through a lot of changes for centuries now.

From one parish to another, the way the Catholic Church is run differs. In Lagos Archdiocese, Archbishop Adewale Martins has set the template. In spite of that, parish priests still determine how to run their parishes.

In my parish, we have St. Vincent De Paul Society. Those people give scholarship, pay school fees, pay hospital bills and help people to finance their businesses. And my parish priest finances the tertiary education of many altar servers.

When active people like myself kick that these activities should be published so that the world would see it, my parish priest would argue that the church wasn't established over 2000 years ago to prove a point to man, but to spread the Gospel of Christ through evangelism and works of charity.

So, my friend, the Catholic Church is huge. Don't use what you see in one parish as your yardstick to judge because it's not easy to successfully run the world's oldest international religious organization and keep it going.

1 Like

Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by ammesidog: 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2023
Wodu89:
And when people advocate assistance for the needy under you, you begin to lash out all sorts of talks. Easy to say things when one isn't in the position of their followers

If census were taken from pastor's with very poor financial welfare who live miserably, then we shouldn't say such without first providing opportunities to build their life financially one way or the other. Tl

That's pastor's not even talking members.

When I was a baby Christian I listened to the speech and words of ministers, as I began to deepen root in Christ,I noticed I'm to listen to the actions of any minister and not their talks. No one would taint themselves in their speeches. Hypocrisy everywhere

When we rather spend billions on chairs and buildings and neglect issues like financial assistance for education and health, we know that the god of this world has grabbed us on one side.

If talk isn't backed by frank active actions, then talk is hypocrisy

All of the whole financial rascality that poor people don't get financial aid is to keep them at a level that they will never rise to challenge number one position and that of offspring. So followers are in a slaves position not just momentarily, but generationally.

And under the guise of our tainted.image, we neglect the sheep, their pains and their cry's. Your reward is in Heaven indeed
instead of you to ask from God that freely gives you dey look for man wey go give u money. You still be baby Christian

1 Like

Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Wodu89: 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2023
franchasofficia:
Are you minding them? Most of them commenting negative things don't have common sense to reason properly.

Anyway, most of those commenting negatively are wretched Yoruba Muslim Terrorists hating on Papa Oyedepo for always speaking up against Muslim Jihadists terrorism agenda in Nigeria.

They won't comment on that thread about their fellow Fulani Muslim Terrorists that murdered innocent people in Southern Kaduna, it is Bishop Oyedepo's wise counsel that is eating their bitter livers up, very anyhow set of people

Have you stayed under his training for years to know things from within ?
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by ammesidog: 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2023
Goalnaldo:
"Enjoy your stage per time" I love that.
I'm telling you
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by KATERINA80: 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2023
Yet you people are stripping your poor congregations of their hard earned money while you are owning private jets and living luxury lives to the detriment of the poor masses, go and sell your jets and estates and share the money to the poor and needy before you can come here and yarn that.
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by mukthar2000(m): 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
Why money wouldn't be nonsense, when you have enriched urself with members money and enjoy the money in and out, but now u can come on AIr to tell us money is nonsense. Greedy being.
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by GreatrAnalyst: 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
Wodu89:

The Catholic church sits on billions. Many Christian organizations now sit on billions. God promises us as Christians wealth. My only pain is why would one be a follower for a decade and look like a skunk. You need emergency financial aid of 500k for medical surgery for your loved one, then stories begins to enter and a while family may have committed there for a decade. When people then ask for help, speeches like you're coming to church because if financial aid not for God. Even after spending up to a decade in followersip and service. Then I begin to wonder if we have blood in us or iron

I dare to be challenged, did someone not say they had a mandate to make people at liberty almost thirty years plus ago.

And when one mebtors followers for 10-20-30 years then the fruits should be the judge

And when followers of 10-40 years are yet in terrible conditions in large swarths, what right do we have to claim fullfilment ?

If you start a Church today, I am not sure of your religion though, there is no chance anywhere, that everyone will agree with whatever good things you do to ever be sufficient.
I understand your perspective about what you put up here, but look, if you are a Christian, when Christ was around on Earth in person, was He able to solve everyone's problem? He could, but He could solve those He was sent to, but even, He didn't solve them all.
Before you attack individuals or organization, have you made findings to see if they are actually contributing anything positively to lives of people and the society at large? Do you think people gather every week just because their lives are not getting better or because they were hoodwinked?
Do you know how scholarships being given out on a yearly basis? How much reliefs are being made available to places?

I am not attacking your post or your person, but if you want to go that path, that's on you altogether.
If you start a Church today or hold a leadership position, that's when you'll know you can't meet all needs or solve all men's problems but just some. The easier thing to do is always to criticize.
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Wodu89: 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
SmartPolician:

I am not sure I understood everything you wrote, but I want to respond because you mentioned the Catholic Church. Yes, I am a proud Catholic and the Church has been going through a lot of changes for centuries now.

From one parish to another, the way the Catholic Church is run differs. In Lagos Archdiocese, Archbishop Adewale Martins has set the template. In spite that, parish priests still determine how to run their parishes.

In my parish, we have St. Vincent De Paul Society. Those people give scholarship, pay school fees, pay hospital bills and help people to finance their businesses. And my parish priest finances the tertiary education of many altar servers.

When active people like myself kick that these activities should be published so that the world would see it, my parish priest would argue that the church wasn't established over 2000 years ago to prove a point to man, but to spread the Gospel of Christ through evangelism and works of charity.

So, my friend, the Catholic Church is huge. Don't use what you see in one parish as your yardstick to judge because it's not easy to successfully run the world's oldest international religious organization and keep it going.

I started in the Catholic. The Catholic has very healthy system to a good extent. I honor the ministry and teachings of Father Cooker. I didn't catigate the Catholic. Go and read what I posted again patiently
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Christistruth00: 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
franchasofficia:
You are not a Christian Bobo kini, you are a Yoruba Muslim Terrorist pretending to be a Christian, stop forcing it, be proud of your Allahu Akbar identity

So you are a Muslim

Thank you for confirming it
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Wodu89: 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
ammesidog:
instead of you to ask from God that freely gives you dey look for man wey go give u money. You still be baby Christian

Ask ke. God forbid. I shouldn't speak for my Christian young ones with very little knowledge of life. Get off my mentions IJN
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Dittodat: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2023
This religious Yahoo Yahoo Conman with another rubbish trash for his gullible followers.
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Wodu89: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2023
GreatrAnalyst:

If you start a Church today, I am not sure of your religion though, there is no chance anywhere, that everyone will agree with whatever good things you do to ever be sufficient.
I understand your perspective about what you put up here, but look, if you are a Christian, when Christ was around on Earth in person, was He able to solve everyone's problem? He could, but He could solve those He was sent to, but even, He didn't solve them all.
Before you attack individuals or organization, have you made findings to see if they are actually contributing anything positively to lives of people and the society at large? Do you think people gather every week just because their lives are not getting better or because they were hoodwinked?
Do you know how scholarships being given out on a yearly basis? How much reliefs are being made available to places?

I am not attacking your post or your person, but if you want to go that path, that's on you altogether.
If you start a Church today or hold a leadership position, that's when you'll know you can't meet all needs or solve all men's problems but just some. The easier thing to do is always to criticize.

Thank you. Allow me have my opinion

1 Like

Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Goalnaldo(m): 1:15pm On Sep 16, 2023
ammesidog:
I'm telling you
That means you watched till the end like me 👍
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by RayRay06677(m): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
Theology and Economy are not related in any way

While theology search for souls, economy search for money but our economical clergy seems to be searching for both but lie in the process to fit the purpose, relegating theology to promote the prosperity teachings.

Money is man made, can not define God

If money can define your gods then the world bank akin to emefiele that year can remotely control your gods.

Theology and Economics have nothing in common

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by franchasofficia: 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
Bridget95:
Sell all you have and give to the poor and needy and I will believe you.

This is what Jesus told Necodemus. It is easier for a camel to go through the eyes of the niddle than a rich man to enter heaven.

Solomon was rich and still made heaven.

Abraham was a stupendously wealthy man too and he made heaven.

King David was rich also and many others.

What matters is the source of your wealth. If you made your wealth through criminality, illegality, shortchanging people and robbing others, then you can never make heaven because you will keep trying to sustain your wealth which will keep drawing you back to sins.

But if your source of wealth is genuine and clean, and built on the principles of Godliness and uprightness, your possibility of making heaven now depends on how you live your personal life as a wealthy person, and if you cherish God and appreciate the fact that it is God that gave you the grace and blessings that made it possible for you to become rich, you will spend most of your years on earth appreciating God, giving thanks to God, helping people in need and using your good works to win souls for Christ, and trying to do God's will, and when you sin you seek for His forgiveness and trust me, you will still make heaven if you desire to.

And lastly, heavenly race is not by righteousness alone, being righteous alone wont take you to heaven, it is by the grace and will of God that anyone of us would make heaven at last.

So please discard that belief that being wealthy automatically cancels one from making heaven.

As I speak, I am rich and will end up very wealthy and I love God and I know that despite my sins which I pray to God daily to help me overcome, I will make heaven, and before then, I will spend my years here on earth in riches and pleasure while doing God's will, this is the promise of God to me and all true Believers of Jesus Christ cool

1 Like

Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Godsfavour78: 1:20pm On Sep 16, 2023
Christistruth00:
This greedy attention seeking Witchdoctor again
So much hate in you.
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by zoedew: 1:20pm On Sep 16, 2023
Indeed vanity upon vanity! Solomon said so
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Truth07: 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2023
BOSSkesh:

So you agree Modern Christianity has failed
what the apostles pratice in acts was not christianity
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by KnownUnknown: 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Padipadi(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Yahoo yahoo pastor
Did he defraud you?
Are you his client? Receive brain!
Wodu89:
And when people advocate assistance for the needy under you, you begin to lash out all sorts of talks. Easy to say things when one isn't in the position of their followers
And under the guise of our tainted.image, we neglect the sheep, their pains and their cry's. Your reward is in Heaven indeed
Bishop Oyedepo may have his flaws, but this teaching is rich. He's saying money isn't everything in this sermon.
I don't want to look into his personal life cos the money he has can't buy him salvation or save him from death. And the same thing is for his critics. Money can't buy them life!

Christistruth00:
If I didn't listen to the whole video, I d think you v sense. See your head like N100 local chicken 🐔 egg.
Watch the video and see he's only saying money can't buy life!
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by NwaliE01: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2023
Christistruth00:
Yeah. Present your own witch if yours is better or you just mind your biz.
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Porksupplyib: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2023
Wodu89:

"God promises us as Christians wealth"

Please kindly drop quotation to support this. Will he waiting
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Wodu89: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
Padipadi:

Did he defraud you?
Are you his client? Receive brain!

Bishop Oyedepo may have his flaws, but this teaching is rich. He's saying money isn't everything in this sermon.
I don't want to look into his personal life cos the money he has can't buy him salvation or save him from death. And the same thing is for his critics. Money can't buy them life!

If I didn't listen to the whole video, I d think you v sense. See your head like N100 local chicken 🐔 egg.
Watch the video and see he's only saying money can't buy life!

Jesus taught us wisdom is justified by her children. Even Solomon with his concubines preached truth. However my own truth will be evaluated by actions and not volume.of words. For the Kingdom of God is not one of plentiful words but of alignment with our Father, His will, His dictates, His actions and interests
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by uvie66: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
sreamsense:

Is like you lack adequate brain capacity to understand what he is talking about before you wrote all these gibberish. Listen to it, again and again! He is saying, money is nonsense if you look for it in ungodly manners by killing your wife or someone in the hope of getting money. He is emphasizing that true riches can come from God if you patiently follow God and waits for him to bless you because money is no evil, but LOVE OF MONEY (to do every ungodly things to get it) is evil. That's is summary of what he said, Mr man!
....and how did his own money come from God or is it not from the donations of his gullible followers.

1 Like

Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by victorVIC1(m): 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
It's easier not to appreciate something you have in abundance.
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Stevosty: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
Wodu89:

If census were taken from pastor's with very poor financial welfare who live miserably, then we shouldn't say such without first providing opportunities to build their life financially one way or the other. Tl

That's pastor's not even talking members.

When I was a baby Christian I listened to the speech and words of ministers, as I began to deepen root in Christ,I noticed I'm to listen to the actions of any minister and not their talks. No one would taint themselves in their speeches. Hypocrisy everywhere

When we rather spend billions on chairs and buildings and neglect issues like financial assistance for education and health, we know that the god of this world has grabbed us on one side.

If talk isn't backed by frank active actions, then talk is hypocrisy

All of the whole financial rascality that poor people don't get financial aid is to keep them at a level that they will never rise to challenge number one position and that of offspring. So followers are in a slaves position not just momentarily, but generationally.

You indeed penned this one, hope our men of God retrace their steps.
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Wodu89: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
Porksupplyib:

"God promises us as Christians wealth"

Please kindly drop quotation to support this. Will he waiting

Read the Book of Obadiah for example.

Read the Book of Malachi and let wisdom interpret what it means that you won't have room to store His blessings

In Deuteronomy, He says He would Bless our Bread and waters
Re: Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo by Wodu89: 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2023
Stevosty:
You indeed penned this one, hope our men of God retraced their steps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Peter Obi Is My Friend, Befriend Him Too / Pastor Lesego Daniel Uses Snake To Perform Miracle In Church (Photos) / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.