Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! (20869 Views)

See Cobra Snake Caught Live In My Farm Today In Nasarawa: Video/photo / If You Live In Osun State And Have Many Goats You Rear, I Want To Buy / Fayemi Inaugurates Egbeja Snail Village In Okemesi Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MS247: 9:48am On Sep 20, 2023
ICEWIN:

Which broker are you using bro

Qubot and excness
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by ICEWIN: 9:54am On Sep 20, 2023
MS247:

Qubot and excness
Bro please i have some question i want to ask you.
1. Am using deriv broker,if am to trade with $10 my profit most times is always 0.05,0.06,how do i increase my profit to atleast $1 upward
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MS247: 9:57am On Sep 20, 2023
ICEWIN:

Bro please i have some question i want to ask you.
1. Am using deriv broker,if am to trade with $10 my profit most times is always 0.05,0.06,how do i increase my profit to atleast $1 upward

When you get a good signal and you confirm your position with the type of candle sticks

Stake multiple entry, if you use MT4 or 5 you can get the option to Close multiple entry, or multiple profit at once

For $10 I think your lot size should be 0.001 to be on a safer side
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2023
Demo trader tongue
MS247:
cool

Lol

Sharjah, Dubai, Abu Dhabi vs Ras al kaima, Ajman, Fujairah

New York vs Kentucky

Lagos, Abuja Kano, Ibadan vs Ekiti, Abia, Sokoto

Castle combe , Lacock vs Manchester, London city

Villagers are not fully utilizing and profiting from their limited time on earth

Since we will all die, my goal is to maximize my stay on earth and not just farm for food like premitive human

You will cultivate a plot of land to get N10,000 profit if you plant Cassava, and an acre will give you #100,000 roughly

I can easily trade forex with my phone and make that in a day with knowledge and information I get in the city

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MS247: 10:05am On Sep 20, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
Demo trader tongue

Ibrahim no dey play

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 10:08am On Sep 20, 2023
Well,this is not a proof.show us the real tag on your trading account.this is just an email of appreciation from exness for opening an account though.
MS247:

Ibrahim no dey play
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2023
zoedew:

Many do not know that it holds peace. No congestion. Furthermore ICT is making it more exciting.

So much peace in the village. City is too expensive and congested.

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MS247: 10:18am On Sep 20, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
Well,this is not a proof.show us the real tag on your trading account.this is just an email of appreciation from exness for opening an account though.
Ibrahim Ibrahim

Demo account don't have account manager and they don't call people with demo account on their phone

So rest

Am not showing my balance if that's what you desperately want to see

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MS247: 10:22am On Sep 20, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:

Oya take take it

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Daniel058(m): 10:45am On Sep 20, 2023
MS247:
cool

Lol

New York vs Kentucky

Villagers are not fully utilizing and profiting from their limited time on earth

Since we will all die, my goal is to maximize my stay on earth and not just farm for food like premitive human

You will cultivate a plot of land to get N10,000 profit if you plant Cassava, and an acre will give you #100,000 roughly

I can easily trade forex with my phone and make that in a day with knowledge and information I get in the city

see lotsizes,see profit,u wan blow the account? Eno dey even reach 5pips you close, so where was your sl if tp isn't up to 5pips?

What was yours R:R ?
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by ICEWIN: 10:58am On Sep 20, 2023
MS247:

When you get a good signal and you confirm your position with the type of candle sticks

Stake multiple entry, if you use MT4 or 5 you can get the option to Close multiple entry, or multiple profit at once

For $10 I think your lot size should be 0.001 to be on a safer side

Oook thank you.
From what I understand,you mean if I want more "lot" I have to invest or stake more right?
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Igwekaala(m): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2023
FarmsFarmer:
Must you live in the city?

Why can't you live in the village or small town with very low cost of living?

Must everyone live in the city?

Must everyone live in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt, etc?

Some people are living in the interior villages but they're so rich and financially stable that they can feed those in the city who pay house rents and all kinds of city bills that people in the village don't pay.

If things are not going well for you in the city, why can't you swallow your pride, move back to the village, secure your farmland and begin farming and see how God will bless you within a short time??

Stop wasting your life.

Start farming, it's very profitable and reliable. Far better than wasting all your life in the city because you want to belong or do what others are doing. Don't mind what people will say, but start farming to build a better future for yourself and your family.

I come in peace.

Is the village deserted...are people not living there ?
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Erums(m): 11:45am On Sep 20, 2023
phemmyfour:
Village is relative, some villages don't have banks, Internet, safe drinkable water , light, good schools etc.

Health is wealth

who needs banks when theres fintech
network averagely dey
33kv light dey

we all go use same poor roads everywere...whatslese
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Smartguyboy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
henrimoto:
No! It's not like that. Most times, we need that village atmosphere ( closeness to nature and fresh resources) to put off some mental and emotional stress. At times, for re-strategize.

Loneliness and boredom will kill the person first
I have lived in the village (Ohafia)before for 5 years. Just imagine you are new and don’t have much places to go when people have gone to farm. No light, poor network you will hate yourself

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Acidosis(m): 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
For real.

Enjoy cheap or even free rent, buy Elon Musk's Starlink and enjoy faster internet than the CEO of MTN Nigeria, explore remote work opportunities (of course with farming), and enjoy fresh, organic food. It's one of the best things that can happen to anyone, but peer pressure will always disagree. grin

The funny thing about city life is that 99.9% of the things that make you want to stay in the city will never be yours. You'll admire those skyscrapers owned by less than 0.5% of billionaires in your city, and you'll love the sight of the fastest cars, but chances are none of these things will ever be yours even after 80 years of city living. Nobody will ever stop you from admiring them, though. You go admire tire and visit the fun places you may never really own after 70 years of hard labour grin

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by henrimoto(m): 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Loneliness and boredom will person first
I have lived in the village (Ohafia)before for 5 years. Just imagine you are new and don’t have much places to go when people have gone to farm. No light, poor network you will hate yourself
Nna, Kaa! Jiokwa! You are my ascestral brother.

I understand what your are saying. If you find yourself in a village location that is not your place, you align with the people around there. You join them in doing one or two living activities to keep body and soul together. As you work in your new environment,you begin to think ahead, look around for advantages and disadvantages.

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Sk5050: 1:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
You've said it all Sometimes we put ourselves in unnecessary hardship.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by bestmutiu2019(m): 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2023
MS247:
cool

Lol

New York vs Kentucky

No

embarassed you can loose it too
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Advancedman(m): 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
FarmsFarmer:

True talk. But many don't even realize it. Slaves in their own country to otter people, instead of making use of the opportunities available in their local towns and villages to better their lives.

Sure
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Smartguyboy(m): 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2023
henrimoto:
Nna, Kaa! Jiokwa! You are my ascestral brother.

I understand what your are saying. If you find yourself in a village location that is not your place, you align with the people around there. You join them in doing one or two living activities to keep body and soul together. As you work in your new environment,you begin to think ahead, look around for advantages and disadvantages.
You will only align with them in the evening when they are back from Farm .
talking from experience , from morning to evening around 5 above you will be alone or if you are still a teen you will have to wait around 2pm for students to return from school.

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Babysho(m): 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
I’ve been thinking seriously about this as a man in my late 20s. Having grown up in Lagos, at 14 I already had a mobile phone so now I’m trying to convince myself that I can live without electricity and screens but I don’t think I’m winning.

Albeit, sometimes, I find myself longing for the peaceful lifestyle of waking up to the sound of birds and breeze from trees, organic foods at my disposal and most importantly nobody fit rush me. I don’t have to meet any stupid deadlines. The only work is farming/poultry and I actually enjoy that.

My secondary worry is females. Since all the girls leave the village to go to the city for better lives, no be only grandmas go dey?

In summary my dream life would be having a home in a thick forest that leads to a waterfall, a woman to keep my company, a little DIY gym and healthy farm/poultry that’s enough to feed like 10 people. So I can eat chicken and fruits everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmTech(m): 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
MS247:
cool

Lol

New York vs Kentucky

Is it only cassava u know about? And the fact u state about it is not even correct.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by vonlogon: 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
Paramount01:

Which village are u typing from?
A village far away from city, where I don't even buy food, where healthy meal is a norm and expenses are minimal. If I drop location....
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by vonlogon: 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2023
Dittodat:

grin
I totally agree with you.
I left all that Lagos crowd and wahala, I built a new house I'm my hometown and I'm loving it.
To stay on the island self for one day is difficult now. I just want to get out of the traffic and noise.
My fear now is that more and more people are also moving closer to my home town.

My brother, the way people are moving out of Lagos is alarming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2023
City is good, village is good. It depends on what you want. Just find out which is best for you, depending on your circumstances.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Sunmolar(m): 8:25am On Sep 22, 2023
I live in the city and I'm a farmer.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 9:07am On Sep 25, 2023
Live where the cost of living is relatively cheaper. Plan your future better.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 9:27am On Sep 26, 2023
True
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Childfree: 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2023
Babysho:
I’ve been thinking seriously about this as a man in my late 20s. Having grown up in Lagos, at 14 I already had a mobile phone so now I’m trying to convince myself that I can live without electricity and screens but I don’t think I’m winning.

Albeit, sometimes, I find myself longing for the peaceful lifestyle of waking up to the sound of birds and breeze from trees, organic foods at my disposal and most importantly nobody fit rush me. I don’t have to meet any stupid deadlines. The only work is farming/poultry and I actually enjoy that.

My secondary worry is females. Since all the girls leave the village to go to the city for better lives, no be only grandmas go dey?

In summary my dream life would be having a home in a thick forest that leads to a waterfall, a woman to keep my company, a little DIY gym and healthy farm/poultry that’s enough to feed like 10 people. So I can eat chicken and fruits everyday.

To be honest, had it been my friend is on nairaland and he saw what you wrote he'll definitely say it is me. Though I less care about some of your concerns.

That is off-grid living and homestead Life. Check out on YouTube and tick-tock to see people living this dream life they prefer.

This is the kind of life I also want.

For me life should be about living, not living to work. I don't subscribe to the 9 to 5, or the work work life that I see people doing. The only necessity in life is food, every other thing are just man's creation. As it is I am not even interested nor do I want the dream wants of the average persons out there; wealth, cars, mansions, alot of money... And the likes.

All I want is to get away from the city and the problems associated with it. The villages also have their problems so I also want to be away from it.

Live in the middle of nowhere in my tiny house. Live a sustainable kind of lifestyle and practice homesteading. Be happy and free.

Unfortunately I am finding it hard to see how it would be possible in this country with the insecurity and the number of bad people roaming about. I am considering moving to Kenya or Ghana.

PS; also in my late 20s.

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Babysho(m): 7:30am On Oct 01, 2023
Childfree:

To be honest, had it been my friend is on nairaland and he saw what you wrote he'll definitely say it is me. Though I less care about some of your concerns.

That is off-grid living and homestead Life. Check out on YouTube and tick-tock to see people living this dream life they prefer.

This is the kind of life I also want.

For me life should be about living, not living to work. I don't subscribe to the 9 to 5, or the work work life that I see people doing. The only necessity in life is food, every other thing are just man's creation. As it is I am not even interested nor do I want the dream wants of the average persons out there; wealth, cars, mansions, alot of money... And the likes.

All I want is to get away from the city and the problems associated with it. The villages also have their problems so I also want to be away from it.

Live in the middle of nowhere in my tiny house. Live a sustainable kind of lifestyle and practice homesteading. Be happy and free.

Unfortunately I am finding it hard to see how it would be possible in this country with the insecurity and the number of bad people roaming about. I am considering moving to Kenya or Ghana.

PS; also in my late 20s.

I wonder what settings are in our frontal lobe that makes people like us think and feel this way about life. I bet you also notice little things in our earth like birds, flowers, rain, sunset...etc that does nothing for other people.

Brother, go find that genuine happiness in this bastardized capitalist world. Go to Kenya. I too have spent hours on youtube watching white people build cabin houses in the middle of nowhere and just engage with nature 24/7 as we were supposed to, its always very satisfying.

In my opinion, in homes, homesteading should be passed down from generation to generation. How to make textile, clothing, how to farm and preserve food should be taught to both male and female kids in the household. These are survival skills instead na phone them put for our hand. I'll not make that mistake with my kids.

I was very serious about going off grid 2 years ago but now I don't know if the dream is still achievable but I really hope you go for it.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 8:04am On Oct 07, 2023
Farming is great really.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bountiful First Harvest In My Tomato Farm / In Nigeria, We Love Building Houses More Than Agriculture / Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.