Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! (20874 Views)

See Cobra Snake Caught Live In My Farm Today In Nasarawa: Video/photo / If You Live In Osun State And Have Many Goats You Rear, I Want To Buy / Fayemi Inaugurates Egbeja Snail Village In Okemesi Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by sylve11: 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
People no understand say village life sweet

Very sweet. cool
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by occfx: 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2023
FarmsFarmer:
Must you live in the city?

Why can't you live in the village or small town with very low cost of living?

Must everyone live in the city?

Must everyone live in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt, etc?

Some people are living in the interior villages but they're so rich and financially stable that they can feed those in the city who pay house rents and all kinds of city bills that people in the village don't pay.

If things are not going well for you in the city, why can't you swallow your pride, move back to the village, secure your farmland and begin farming and see how God will bless you within a short time??

Stop wasting your life.

Start farming, it's very profitable and reliable. Far better than wasting all your life in the city because you want to belong or do what others are doing. Don't mind what people will say, but start farming to build a better future for yourself and your family.

I come in peace.

Village life sweet pass but security no dey. I hate Lagos with passion... I just need a quiet secure environment with internet. I can do solar for electricity but security mennnnn...Nigeria is a zoo

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by sylve11: 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2023
phemmyfour:
Village is relative, some villages don't have banks, Internet, safe drinkable water , light, good schools etc.

Health is wealth

Must you put your money in the bank? cool
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2023
umuna:

Well said OP. I will suggest a little variation to your write up. It should not necessary be your village, but any rural area where there is peace and one can farm in peace and make money. I live in a rural area, as of today, i thank God for everything. There are so much benefits living and doing business in a rural area. All you need do is scan the environment and look for needs that you can provide in that area.

Yes, not necessarily the person's village, it can be any rural, local or semi urban area with low cost of living. But if it's your own village, you will spend less on acquiring land, and many other benefits as an indigine.

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Shikena(m): 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2023
Village even far, there are several big towns/cities in Nigeria that are nowhere as crowded as Abuja, Lagos, PH, Ibadan etc.

In the SW that many are familiar with, there are places you can live in but you have to be very innovative. Some places that people bash online are goldmines for the smart ones and many are living peaceful and comfortable lives in those places including those who relocated from diaspora. Ask bankers in those towns/cities and they will tell you that many people in those places are super comfortable based on their cash flow that passes through the banks. Examples are Abeokuta, Osogbo, Oyo town, Ado-Ekiti, Akure, Ogbomoso, Ilesha, Ile-Ife, Ondo town, Offa, and many other places. In the SS and SE, this category of places to live are in abundance. Same with most of the North.

You just have to be a very smart workaholic and you have to open your eyes to the numerous untapped opportunities and these are not limited to farming/agriculture.

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by dododawa1: 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2023
I don't like VILLAGE and CITY.
I perfer TOWN.

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by initiate: 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2023
this thread is just for attention. who wan go village? come see poverty and suffering. na only one place get cold beer for the whole town. and e no too cold. people there are more friendly however. they are friendly and smile a lot, but all their clothes and shoes are old and worn out

i think the best things is to build nice resorts in a villages so people can go and unwind for a week or two once a while after lagos stress you and frustrate you
but of you want make progress in life stay for lagos or, make motivational speaker no stranded your destiny
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Sagacity3711(m): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2023
Life in the city is the best.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2023
occfx:

Village life sweet pass but security no dey. I hate Lagos with passion... I just need a quiet secure environment with internet. I can do solar for electricity but security mennnnn...Nigeria is a zoo

It's God that protects Nigerians. Insecurity also happens in the city. Only God's protection is what you should pray for. It is well.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by sylve11: 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2023
Goalnaldo:
You are just like our former pastor that keeps telling us to go back to farming at every opportunity he gets πŸ˜‚ it didn't sit well with some members one particular Sunday, see murmuring everywhere!

People like truth? grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Yankee101: 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2023
Seconded

But make sure you select a village with access to good healthcare a short drive away and of course try to be mobile

3 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by ednut1(m): 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2023
gabazin080:
what is in the village that you cant find in the city. how many job opportunities or business will you do and succeed in the village. for me i can't stay anywhere thats more than 30 minutes drive from my work or business.
I really do pity many that works in ajah, Lagos and stay in ikorodu or mowe ibafo. in terms of transportation and stress, those guys pay more than those who work and stay on the island.
so village is a no for me
mortuary business dey succeed πŸ™„
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Oboto700(m): 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2023
Let me not talk
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Temmytayor90: 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2023
Well you are right in a way but do you know that even in the village people are still struggling to feed? It ain't always brighter at the other side, many of us who prefer to stay in the city live by "HOPE" in such a way that our aspirations and ambitions can be achieved quicker in the city which can rarely be achieved in a village. I stayed in the village for some years and I can categorically tell you that villages have also evolved in such a way that these villages are almost competing with the cities in terms of price of commodities and not in terms of development, just maybe you are talking of some core interior villages which don't have access to electricity,hygienic water, good roads among otherd all, these can contribute to one falling sick and kicking the bucket simply because you have no access to medicals. Well, your point is still valid if the city ain't doing you any good, one can move to the village to enjoy a relatively cheaper life but the sacrifices(giving up on ambitions and aspirations) are too much to handle for me and others who prefer the city.
Best regards.

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Dreamhighnow(m): 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2023
If there are social amenities in the village. Why not?

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Realguyman1(m): 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2023
FarmsFarmer:

Some people are living in the interior villages but they're so rich and financially stable that they can feed those in the city who pay house rents and all kinds of city bills that people in the village don't pay.

If things are not going well for you in the city, why can't you swallow your pride, move back to the village, secure your farmland and begin farming and see how God will bless you within a short time??

Stop wasting your life.

Start farming, it's very profitable and reliable. Far better than wasting all your life in the city because you want to belong or do what others are doing. Don't mind what people will say, but start farming to build a better future for yourself and your family.

I come in peace.
Farming? With all this one wey Fulani herdsmen done almost invade every bush for naija, u still expect someone to go village go put head for bush say he/she wan dey farm abi?
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by nibacked(m): 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2023
to wine & dine with village girls? cheesy

But seriously, there are potentially more money and opportunities in the city than in the village.

&Govt has a huge role to play in terms of infrastructures, security & other incentives to discourage Urban Migration.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2023
Realguyman1:
Farming? With all this one wey Fulani herdsmen done almost invade every bush for naija, u still expect someone to go village go put head for bush say he/she wan dey farm abi?

Hmmm.

Life itself is a risk! No risk, no gain.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Tyktoker: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2023
Great advice!
FarmsFarmer:

Stop wasting your life.

I come in peace.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by JuanDeDios: 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
vonlogon:
Let them stay in their city and not come and spoil market for us that have soji o. Γ€bΓ­ which kine thread be this?
grin

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Blueace247(f): 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
Wisdom is profitable to direct..do the maths
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
Tyktoker:
Great advice!

Thanks bro!

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
The serenity and quality of life in the village can't be compared to anywhere unless you like noise

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by occfx: 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2023
FarmsFarmer:

It's God that protects Nigerians. Insecurity also happens in the city. Only God's protection is what you should pray for. It is well.

God dey protect us from what we cant handle... But Fulani herdsmen and burning of houses etc are Nigerian made.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by debayun(m): 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2023
FarmsFarmer:

Stop wasting your life.

I come in peace.

Your advice for valid if insecurity and herdsmen no dey
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Babastrong(m): 7:02pm On Sep 19, 2023
I am a fermer's son. i was born and raised in the farm. OP, do you think farming is as ease as ABC. when buhari gave this kind advice, i was just laughing. my friends who took the advice and went back to farm are now cursing Buhari.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by sillysally(f): 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2023
Must you live in the village? Why city life is better

Yadda yadda yadda. Makes no sense πŸšΆπŸΎβ€β™€οΈ
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by lagonovo: 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2023
Well, to those living in Abuja, Lagos etc Abakaliki is a village. To those living in the USA, UK etc Nigeria patapata na village. Just dey your dey grin

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Advancedman(m): 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2023
FarmsFarmer:

Stop wasting your life.

I come in peace.

So many King living like peasant.
Royalty living as slave
Imperial living under servitude.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by barinedan(m): 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2023
How many villages have universities or factories? How many villages have a functional health centers or electricity? How many villages have a standard secondary and primary school? Apart from farming what other job opportunities do we have in the villages? How many villages have a standard living conditions? If my village have all or some of the items I listed above, then tell me why I will leave my village where I have a house to go to the city where I will spend huge amount every year on rent. Provide these facilities in the villages and you will see how these cities will be decongested drastically

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Emdebby2: 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2023
wrongman665:
Nice one op.

how many tractors do you have
🀣🀣
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Segzy19: 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2023
Good advise, especially for the ones who got nothing doing and the ones who are struggling perpetually in the cities...

Prosperity is not only found in the city.
There is prosperity in the villages too...
May God open our inner eyes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bountiful First Harvest In My Tomato Farm / In Nigeria, We Love Building Houses More Than Agriculture / How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.