Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! (20873 Views)

See Cobra Snake Caught Live In My Farm Today In Nasarawa: Video/photo / If You Live In Osun State And Have Many Goats You Rear, I Want To Buy / Fayemi Inaugurates Egbeja Snail Village In Okemesi Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Emdebby2: 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2023
Charity they say begins at home.
Dear poster, "it begins with you"
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Pootle: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2023
the state i did my nysc. there was some very rich men there. there were some men that were into cocoa farming and they were very very rich some had like 15 to 25 white hilux used for transporting the cocoa to companies and exporting, other ones were into lumbering and they had lot of trucks and a nice abode they reside, but one funny thing is there was no electricity in that village for reasons i dont know and millionaires where living in that village.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by ibawon(m): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2023
Buy solar
Buy Starlink
Rear live stock
Live free

4 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Chasito(m): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2023
I prefer to live in my village, than city, my village is not really far from Awka.

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by ojonugba2014(m): 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2023
Since I relocate from Lagos to ogbomoso, my life changed, I am living like a king.
10k hardly sustain me a week,Back then in Lagos. But with my 10k here in ilujuu ogbomoso ,I dea live like King, Most of my job is online, I can stay anywhere in the world provided there us network service in that area.

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by ojonugba2014(m): 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
ibawon:
Buy solar
Buy Starlink
Rear live stock
Live free

Starlight is my next move .

Hopefully I can get it from Lagos when next I come by ending of this month
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Exceed15: 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2023
I visited a village recently. These people are living well, feeding fine with natural foods & fruits.l while most people in the cities are living from hand to mouth. Village life is simple and safe. Lands are cheap to buy and accomodations extremely cheap. But well I still prefer city because of the nature of my job o.

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by iamtardey: 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2023
😂
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Easyincome24: 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2023
Op, you are right in your argument but not the same if logically examined.

Your points was viewed from one aspect of life as it suggests there is no threat to farming in the area you are based. While farming generally is a lucrative business, it has not been so for those whose lands have been eroded by erosion, oil spillage, terrorist attack, and many other natural disasters which are known to us in the country.

This does not exclude the fact that the city is 100% safe but offers opportunities for the population.

Both the rural and urban interactions are needed to rate the GDP of a country.

When you consider population density and it's effects, we can then rate the rural area better. There is less pressure on natural and artificial resources, clean air and climatic conditions are fairer as there are lesser air pollution.

Economical wise, you need the city in order to generate high ROI for any business because people in the city have a higher purchasing power.

I've experienced network strength in most villages for people working remotely, you will accept that you can't have it best outside the city. Ask Forex Traders, Software Engineers & Dev, Crypto traders, Digital marketers, etc. If you want to do well in those fields, you need the city to network and connect well.

There is food scarcity in the world and cost of getting the available ones are too high coupled with high inflation, if the government can invest in agriculture through mechanisation, we will eradicate hunger and poverty which is part of SDG goals.

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by nomolos92: 8:13pm On Sep 19, 2023
MS247:
cool

Lol

Sharjah, Dubai, Abu Dhabi vs Rashakema, Ajman, Fujairah

New York vs Kentucky

Lagos, Abuja Kano, Ibadan vs Ekiti, Abia, Sokoto

Castle combe , Lacock vs Manchester, London city

Villagers are not fully utilizing and profiting from their limited time on earth

Since we will all die, my goal is to maximize my stay on earth and not just farm for food like premitive human

You will cultivate a plot of land to get N10,000 profit if you plant Cassava, and an acre will give you #100,000 roughly

I can easily trade forex with my phone and make that in a day with knowledge and information I get in the city

What is Rashakema?

You get sense!
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 8:14pm On Sep 19, 2023
Advancedman:

So many King living like peasant.
Royalty living as slave
Imperial living under servitude.

True talk. But many don't even realize it. Slaves in their own country to otter people, instead of making use of the opportunities available in their local towns and villages to better their lives.

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by nomolos92: 8:14pm On Sep 19, 2023
Dittodat:

grin
I totally agree with you.
I left all that Lagos crowd and wahala, I built a new house I'm my hometown and I'm loving it.
To stay on the island self for one day is difficult now. I just want to get out of the traffic and noise.
My fear now is that more and more people are also moving closer to my home town.

Where's your hometown, let me come and join you please
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by nomolos92: 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2023
LordOfTheGame:
This topic is fory younger sister and husband. The husband has refused to relocate to the east, possibly to obigbo wherey brothers are living or to Owerri that's more closer to their own home town. I have talked and talked but to no avail. The worst is that my elder brother and I are the ones paying for their house rent in Lagos and some of other things their kids needs. My sister will only be crying to me with over 10mins long voice message. The bills I pay here in abroad are so much that my earnings hardly cover them but I will still squeeze out something for them. But will listen to wise counsel and move back to the east? I don't know yet.

It's because of the fear of Unknown Gunmen, those guys are creating too much panic for people outside Igbo land, if not, many Igbos are ready to relocate to the East with the way Nigeria is going now

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by theamazonguru(m): 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2023
MS247:
cool
Lol
New York vs Kentucky
Villagers are not fully utilizing and profiting from their limited time on earth
Since we will all die, my goal is to maximize my stay on earth and not just farm for food like premitive human
You will cultivate a plot of land to get N10,000 profit if you plant Cassava, and an acre will give you #100,000 roughly
I can easily trade forex with my phone and make that in a day with knowledge and information I get in the city

This is cool.
Do you use signals or you analyze yourself?
Do you specialize on GBPJPY only or trade other pairs too?
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Titogbanski: 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2023
You must have made a lot of money before you can stay in the village.

Otherwise there is no economy to sustain a modern family
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by okoroemeka(m): 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2023
FarmsFarmer:
Must you live in the city?

Why can't you live in the village or small town with very low cost of living?

Must everyone live in the city?

Must everyone live in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt, etc?

Some people are living in the interior villages but they're so rich and financially stable that they can feed those in the city who pay house rents and all kinds of city bills that people in the village don't pay.

If things are not going well for you in the city, why can't you swallow your pride, move back to the village, secure your farmland and begin farming and see how God will bless you within a short time??

Stop wasting your life.

Start farming, it's very profitable and reliable. Far better than wasting all your life in the city because you want to belong or do what others are doing. Don't mind what people will say, but start farming to build a better future for yourself and your family.

I come in peace.
that picture looks more like an urban suburb than a village,thou most villages in southeast looks simila,r but what I want to see is a picture of a typical village like the ones I see in the north and southwest let's see if there are many people with the courage to relocate there

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by theamazonguru(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2023
dankorode:
you must be adanikanje

Just Negodu oh.
Selfish somebody.

Ko mó pe oju orun to éyé fo lai fara kan ra
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Realguyman1(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2023
FarmsFarmer:

Hmmm.

Life itself is a risk! No risk, no gain.
There is difference between risk and stupidity. After all wetin fulani herdsmen and their cattles done use our eyes see for my hometown, then someone go come still expect me to go village go dey carry farm abi.

If u know how many times my father's huge hectares of farm has been destroyed by fulani herders and their cows, u nor go try am advice anyone to go village go dey carry farm. Not even only my father's farm, but that of others as well.

We did all we can to make sure they stop the nonsense but it later occur to us that they have high people backing them up. To avoid crises we have to leave the entire lands for them to do as they pleases and look for lands close to the village to makes farms. And land closer to the village aren't enough for everyone to makes huge farms, so most people end up managing the ones they got, which is not even enough to take care of their feeding expenses talk less of expanding the farm to make more money for other things.

Then after witnessing such u will expect me to now go to the village and start farming? That's stupidity and not risk
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by phemmyfour: 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2023
sylve11:

Must you put your money in the bank? cool
In this world of cashless policy. Who will do huge transaction with you in cash
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MS247: 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2023
theamazonguru:

This is cool.
Do you use signals or you analyze yourself?
Do you specialize on GBPJPY only or trade other pairs too?

I use Qubot AI robot, copy trading and also signals, but before diving in I check out the candle stick pattern

I trade EUR/ USD as well
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MS247: 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
nomolos92:

What is Rashakema?

You get sense!

Ras Al Khaimah UAE a poor state close to Dubai UAE
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by theamazonguru(m): 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
MS247:

I use Qubot AI robot, copy trading and also signals, but before diving in I check out the candle stick pattern

I trade EUR/ USD as well

Wow. That's lovely.
Is the AI Robot free or premium?
Kindly give me details.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Rebelutionary: 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2023
MS247:
cool

Lol

New York vs Kentucky

Just cos you can do that when you lool through your window do you see an abundance of people like you? Isn't that why when we make the money in the city we end up building mini prisons for ourselves with Guantanamo barb wires in Nigeria because down your street there is an uncompleted building with "boys" who will be more productive in the village with that energy they are wasting away?

Go to Lekki and see full grown sane men bathing early in the morning in roundabouts.

Farmsfarmer is right not everybody is meant to be in the city and I advised a friend to relocate out of Lagos to Ondo when things weren't looking up for him and his family. 6 months down the line, they have a big farm on lease, the wife has got a business running and they live much better lives.

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MS247: 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2023
theamazonguru:

Wow. That's lovely.
Is the AI Robot free or premium?
Kindly give me details.

It's premium, but cheap.. with 8k or $10 you can get Qubot AI

To maximise your profit you will have to be a scalper and always stake multiple times on a signal
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Bfly: 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2023
Money chase is keeping us away from having understanding of life as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by theamazonguru(m): 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2023
MS247:

It's premium, but cheap.. with 8k or $10 you can get Qubot AI

To maximise your profit you will have to be a scalper and always stake multiple times on a signal

Makes sense.
Please how do I get it if I want to.
You can drop it on my WhatsApp.

Will delete my number as soon as you drop it.
Thanks.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by maiunguwar: 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2023
FarmsFarmer:
Village life is better. Not everyone can live in the city. The city is already over populated and too congested. Too many people coming to the cities who have no business being in the city at all. Wasting away your destiny where you cannot achieve your destiny. Find out where you can achieve your destiny. It may just be in the village. It may just be in farming. A word is enough for the wise.

I come in peace!

I can relate with what you said.I wasted many years in Abuja slum, most people in Abuja can't even afford the decent areas.After the El rufai demolitions I came back to my village in Anambra state.My life now in the village is a million times better than my stay in Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Elxandre(m): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2023
The cities are villages already.
Some people just don't want to eat and sleep all their lives while looking at nothing but bushes In the village.
If it works for you, fine. At least some people live in their hometown all their lives.
Not everyone will throw in the towel and accept they failed and move to the village. Allow people be ambitious.

Funny thing is, not only Nigeria has this problem.
Italy for example has name deserted towns. These are towns that are finer than Lagos Island sef.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 19, 2023
maiunguwar:
I can relate with what you said.I wasted many years in Abuja slum, most people in Abuja can't even afford the decent areas.After the El rufai demolitions I came back to my village in Anambra state.My life now in the village is a million times better than my stay in Abuja

You will have good quality of life and cheap food. The cities are overrated.

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MS247: 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2023
Rebelutionary:

Just cos you can do that when you lool through your window do you see an abundance of people like you? Isn't that why when we make the money in the city we end up building mini prisons for ourselves with Guantanamo barb wires in Nigeria because down your street there is an uncompleted building with "boys" who will be more productive in the village with that energy they are wasting away?

Go to Lekki and see full grown sane men bathing early in the morning in roundabouts.

Farmsfarmer is right not everybody is meant to be in the city and I advised a friend to relocate out of Lagos to Ondo when things weren't looking up for him and his family. 6 months down the line, they have a big farm on lease, the wife has got a business running and they live much better lives.

The point of life is to live to your full potential, life is for living

Now my point is from personal experience,

Whenever I want to clear my head, I visit my aunty at isanlu in Kogi State,

This is a town with only one bank "closed down first bank"

A town with a central market that only opens just a day called market day in a week

A town with very slow internet that browsing is very distracting

A town with just one entry road which is so bad that if you don't drive an SUV with good suspension you are going too get body pain and muscle cramp

All they watch is free to air tv, with limited channels

On the positive side I enjoy the quiet environment because from 4am a mosque wakes you up, the day starts with bikes everywhere in the city disturbing you

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MorataFC: 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2023
vonlogon:
Let them stay in their city and not come and spoil market for us that have soji o. Àbí which kine thread be this?
My man, grin grin grin
Chop knuckles👊🏿

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MS247: 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2023
theamazonguru:

Makes sense.
Please how do I get it if I want to.
You can drop it on my WhatsApp.

Will delete my number as soon as you drop it.
Thanks.

It's on play store and their website, Qubot AI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria / Bountiful First Harvest In My Tomato Farm / In Nigeria, We Love Building Houses More Than Agriculture

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.