Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities (9394 Views)

Bad Road In Akute Vs Bad Road In Britain / Bad Road: This Is Gafaru Street In Ikotun, Alimosho LGA, Lagos State, Nigeria / Road Linking Bida To Katcha LGA Of Niger State Destroyed By Heavy Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by TajuDEENaMao: 8:16am On Sep 17, 2023
‘We can’t fix it anymore,’ residents bemoan bad road linking Soyinka terminal, 52 Ogun communities

Residents of Kenta-Olokuta-Idi-Aba in Abeokuta, Ogun State, have called on the federal and state governments to fix the road that leads to Wole Soyinka Train Station.

They said repairing the road had cost them over N20 million, and that they were now too broke to do it anymore.

Checks showed that parts of the road have collapsed, while some portions have been washed away by erosion.

The Wole Soyinka Train Station is one of the 10 stations that made up the 156km Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail commissioned in 2021 by former President, Muhammadu Buhari.

When the state-of-the-art train station was completed by the Ministry of Transportation, government did not take into consideration the need to fix the access road.

Speaking with Vanguard, a community leader, Chief Ezekiel Olushola, said a student and one pregnant woman lost their lives due to the poor condition of the road.

He said apart from the train station, the road also connects about 52 communities in Abeokuta South Local Government.

His words: A student coming from school at Kemta, and there was a truck coming, too.

“Because of the bad road, the driver wanted to manoeuver from a bad spot and, unfortunately, hit the student and he died.”

On his part, Olabisi Ogundipe, who is the secretary of cab operators at the train station, said, “On a daily basis, we visit our mechanics, for minor and major repairs on our vehicles.

“At the end of the day, when you calculate what you have gained, you would have spent over 70% of the income on the maintenance of the vehicle.”

Chairman of the communities in the area, Babatunde Folarin, said about N20 million had been spent by residents to fix the road, which he described as a disaster.

Folarin said: “It’s glaring; this is an ecological disaster affecting over 52 communities in this area. This road is totally cut off. What else can we do?

“The economic viability of this area has been destroyed. This is a disaster. It’s a failed road.

“This road is less than three kilometres. We have tried our best. We have done palliatives. We have called people for donations, but right now the residents are tired, we are broke.

“This the road that leads to a federal complex, the Wole Soyinka Train Station. We know it’s a state road, but if people cannot enjoy the facility of that train station, if people cannot get there, what is the purpose?

“This is an embarrassment to government. We’ve been on this for over five years and this is a new tenure. What more? How many years do we need to wait? People are dying every day.”

Folarin called on President Bola Tinubu and Governor Dapo Abiodun to urgently fix the road to ameliorate sufferings of the users, especially those accessing the train station.

A resident, Olaniyi, acknowledged that the Abiodun administration had fixed many roads in the state, and begged him not to forget the Olokuta train station road.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/we-cant-fix-it-anymore-residents-bemoan-bad-road-linking-soyinka-terminal-52-ogun-communities/amp/

2 Shares

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Kumid: 8:18am On Sep 17, 2023
Blame the state government

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Varunpulyani: 8:28am On Sep 17, 2023
Kumid:
Blame the state government

The state government and the governor that shares foam (mattress) to it's citizens?

Then make them queue up later for cups of rice .

Una must wise

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by abdeefggh: 8:45am On Sep 17, 2023
This is too bad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Typicool8(m): 8:46am On Sep 17, 2023
This is too bad!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by YourMrBoo: 8:54am On Sep 17, 2023
Heeya... But they all came from Lagos.

These ones no matter since there is Lagos wink

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Multiversed: 9:48am On Sep 17, 2023
Most especially In this raining season.

2 Likes

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Jeshurun90: 9:48am On Sep 17, 2023
angry

This state is the worst state in southwest in terms of road network system! If I get the power, I fit kill all their leaders finish! angry
The same state has the highest numbers of leaders at the federal level right from Nigeria's inception. The same state has lots of industries and schools that are generating income for them.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by VinnyBaba: 9:48am On Sep 17, 2023
Anything called Soyinka na RUBBISH. 😕🤷🤷

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by chuose2: 9:48am On Sep 17, 2023
South Wast3.

The land of skulls & thugs

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Kemadealadire(f): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2023
That governor is one of the worst ever, just occupying space, no impact.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Moufan40: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2023
government should do something fast

Please I really need your help, I had to change to a new moniker to plead for help. I'm in a financial difficulty at the moment. any help will be deeply appreciated. I need help to feed my family. thanks and GOD bless

bank account: 2 2 5 3 3 4 1 3 5 8 zenith bank

1 Like

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by richard870(m): 9:50am On Sep 17, 2023
This country is gone!

1 Like

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:50am On Sep 17, 2023
They will taking pictures of painted roads in Abeokuta side only while 95,% of Ogun state road are worst

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by happney65: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2023
Daru Dapo over to you.

3 Likes

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by PaulNwosu: 9:51am On Sep 17, 2023
Dapo is just a failure.
All he does is to be wearing funny clothes like Pretty Mike.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by onuman: 9:51am On Sep 17, 2023
Soyinka Terminal? What of Rotimi Amaechi Terminal?

Wole Soyinka has been fighting desperately for APC since the idea of the alliance was conceived in 2013. He got Amaechi to join Bola Tinubu in the alliance.
Rotimi Amaechi is asleep today in Portharcourt.
Wike is on the prowl.

7 Likes

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Observer20: 9:52am On Sep 17, 2023
Election is over, candidates have developed amnesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TOai9hiAwY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Lastmankc(m): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2023
That's is Abia road according to the CORNfuse and Ebola miscreants

25 Likes

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Pio44: 9:53am On Sep 17, 2023
One cup rice, dey play

4 Likes

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Emetex22(m): 9:54am On Sep 17, 2023
Where is the IGR that is 1000 times greater than SE 😆 🤣 😂, I thought the SW was developed while the whole of SE is waste land, chai

32 Likes

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Sultty(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2023
Nigeria government is the most inept in the world no cap. How can u construct such beautiful edifice along with train track and not put into consideration access roads to and fro

1 Like

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by happney65: 9:57am On Sep 17, 2023
Sultty:
Nigeria government is the most inept in the world no cap. How can u construct such beautiful edifice along with train track and not put into consideration access roads to and fro

The Major road is good. It is the access road that they are complaining about. The access road should be done by the state government

The FG cannot come and fix the access road for them na

1 Like

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by okerekingsley90: 9:57am On Sep 17, 2023
Varunpulyani:

The state government and the governor that shares foam (mattress) to it's citizens?

Then make them queue up later for cups of rice .

Una must wise

Honestly with the kind of mediocrity,foolishness,tribalism,ethnicity issues,division in this country ah Nigeria WOULD NEVER IMPROVE!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by sedIoyol(m): 9:58am On Sep 17, 2023
Hmmm too bad

1 Like

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by ezegenigbonine: 9:58am On Sep 17, 2023
Lols

I was thinking that once there son is the president, all west will be like london. But oga eme unu vum na anya, ndi ara ndi ara.

If not lagos, developed by colonial master, west would have been just like north. No difference, a typical agbado man can never think of house investment, instead na party and to Bleep person wife

17 Likes

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by NorthernersSuck: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2023
Apart from Lagos state, Benin Republic and Togo is more developed than any other south wasted waste region

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Sultty(m): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2023
happney65:

The Major road is good. It is the access road that they are complaining about. The access road should be done by the state government

The FG cannot come and fix the access road for them na
oga shut up if you don't have anything to say, I have my land around here though yet to complete it so i have a say

6 Likes

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Seefinish: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2023
I thought erosion is only in southeast, Anambra to be precise?
Maybe the one just mentioned is taking there by igbos and IPOB

15 Likes

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Seefinish: 10:00am On Sep 17, 2023
See how they are going to blame Obi and igbos for bringing erosion into their region

11 Likes

Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by Skillsnigeria: 10:01am On Sep 17, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Residents Bemoan Bad Road Linking Soyinka Terminal, 52 Ogun Communities by happney65: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2023
Sultty:
oga shut up if you don't have anything to say, I have my land around here though yet to complete it so i have a say

What are you saying? Is it the Federal government that should do the access road? Habaa. This is at the doorstep of the state government and they should do it

Some of the access road to the Moniya station in Ibadan too is bad and the Oyo state government is flagging off the construction of that in a few weeks, The Ido train station access road construction is currently ongoing

I am expecting you to drag the state government to fix those road here and not the FG

You should not be sentimental all the time bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Travelling To India / FG Moves To Reopen Abuja-Kaduna Train Service, No Money Paid For Victims / FAAN To Divert All MMIA Flights To E Wing On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.