Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,534 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years (2105 Views)

“she Has A Spiritual Husband”: Woman Puts Camera In Daughter’s Room At Night, Sh / Lady Slaps Boyfriend For Refusing Her Proposal After Dating Her For 6 Years / "After Being Side Chic For 6 Years, 33 Abortions, He Proposed & I Said.." - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Ochyes: 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2023
Hello everyone. I need your views. A lady has been married for 9 years. Her mother-inlaw was having issues in which the woman was willing for the mother-inlaw to come stay with them. It has been 6years now the mother-inlaw does not want to move out of her son home. The mother-inlaw son instead of of asking her to leave is concerned about what people will say if he asks his mother to leave. He even asked his wife to mix her food and that of his mother and serve to him. On a particular day this mother-inlaw took their child(I don't know how many they have) without informing them and travelled. The daughter-inlaw of this mother-inlaw has tryed. What do think this woman should do as her husband is not taking step to move his mother.
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by joceey(m): 10:20pm On Sep 18, 2023
If it's her own mother will she ask the mother to leave the house?even when the husband is not complaining.

12 Likes

Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Ahmed0336(m): 10:20pm On Sep 18, 2023
That Son-in-law is a weak dude.

1 Like

Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Sep 18, 2023
Ochyes:
Hello everyone. I need your views. A lady has been married for 9 years. Her mother-inlaw was having issues in which the woman was willing for the mother-inlaw to come stay with them. It has been 6years now the mother-inlaw does not want to move out of her son home. The mother-inlaw son instead of of asking her to leave is concerned about what people will say if he asks his mother to leave. He even asked his wife to mix her food and that of his mother and serve to him. On a particular day this mother-inlaw took their child(I don't know how many they have) without informing them and travelled. The daughter-inlaw of this mother-inlaw has tryed. What do think this woman should do as her husband is not taking step to move his mother.
She is the one to decide when she has had enough of the arrangement. If and when she is truly tired, she will find her way. A woman that is in a marriage all by herself really has herself to blame. undecided
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Vijuchoco(f): 11:34pm On Sep 18, 2023
Hmmmm.. If the woman is not stressing her, she should let her be..

Going as far as traveling with their child without their consent is not proper though.

4 Likes

Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 19, 2023
My own MIL was with me for more than 6 years. After I managed to get her to leave. She is looking for ways to come back.

I told my wife i can never let her mom in my house for one week. I have drawn the line for my own mental health. I now put my own needs first. She will never visit in my house again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Goodlady(f): 12:34am On Sep 19, 2023
Tell her plain, mama get the fûck outta my house q
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 1:21am On Sep 19, 2023
You wan pursue person mama from him own house..

Life no balance
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by crossfm: 4:14am On Sep 19, 2023
This story is not complete.

You made us to understand that the mother inlaw was having issues,have the issues been solved?.

Are they living in the same city as the mother inlaw?.

Is the son capable of getting accomodation for the mum,and she refused the offer?.

I asked the above questions because I know family matters can't be viewed from one angle.
Somany sides to such story.

Having said these,I must commend the daughter in-law,6years is not 6days.

Please give us insight as regards to my questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Dshocker(m): 4:26am On Sep 19, 2023
Ochyes:

She should suggest that the husband should rent another house for her.

By the way; The mother in-law has no right to travel with one of the children, without their consent.
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Kobojunkie: 4:28am On Sep 19, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:
You wan pursue person mama from him own house..

Life no balance
Unless she is coming to live as househelp and or nanny, person mama no suppose invade their marital home like that at all for that long a period particularly when one of the couples is opposed to it. undecided
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Sep 19, 2023
crossfm:
This story is not complete.You made us to understand that the mother inlaw was having issues,have the issues been solved?. Are they living in the same city as the mother inlaw?. Is the son capable of getting accomodation for the mum,and she refused the offer?.I asked the above questions because I know family matters can't be viewed from one angle. Somany sides to such story.
Having said these,I must commend the daughter in-law,6years is not 6days. Please give us insight as regards to my questions
The only side that matters here is that marriage is about two people... the man and the woman. Any others are third wheels and only to stay for as long as the two people in the marriage are in agreement. Once one partner is not in agreement, then there is need for the third wheel to find his or her way out of the home asap. 6-years is a long time and the man should have organized something for his mum or negotiated with his wife to compensate her for the burden. But since he doesn't seem to have done that, it is up to the wife to decide if her remaining there is worth it or not. undecided
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by MrsTwrite(f): 6:35am On Sep 19, 2023
My friend's MIL stayed for 12 yrs.😂💔
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by HandsomeHITLER(m): 7:01am On Sep 19, 2023
No mother in law can live with me for up to a month for no justifiable reason. I don't stand for nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by ElliotP: 7:22am On Sep 19, 2023
Make she reason the husband make him reason he mama, she don dey too long for the house
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Shinjawestern: 8:17am On Sep 19, 2023
But the wife mama or sister fit stay for long time for the Ouse..

Stupid people...

1 Like

Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 19, 2023
I don't even know how people have problems with their in-laws except they are overdoing things

I love people around me but they should sha not interupt me on that side(I didn't say anything, I'll leave you to decide)
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by jackmrandy: 9:08am On Sep 19, 2023
ssss

1 Like

Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by jackmrandy: 9:12am On Sep 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The only side that matters here is that marriage is about two people... the man and the woman. Any others are third wheels and only to stay for as long as the two people in the marriage are in agreement. Once one partner is not in agreement, then there is need for the third wheel to find his or her way out of the home asap. 6-years is a long time and the man should have organized something for his mum or negotiated with his wife to compensate her for the burden. But since he doesn't seem to have done that, it is up to the wife to decide if her remaining there is worth it or not. undecided

sssss
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by rezky(m): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2023
joceey:
If it's her own mother will she ask the mother to leave the house?even when the husband is not complaining.

There is limit to everything., she should let her daughter in-law and son enjoy there privacy and marriage...na the man i blame though...6yrs is too long, why not rent an apart ment for her or something.
There will be more respect if they leave apart instead or under the same roof.

To crown it all., She took the children of a woman without informing them and travel., if the tables are turned and her daughter came to report such to her how will she feel.?

She has enjoyed her marriage, make she leave the couple alone to enjoy there marital bliss.

The least i can allow my mum or mother in-law in my home when i get married na 4-6month., and that na even during child birth., normal visit maximum 1 month., after that na me go tell them to go.
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2023
jackmrandy:

BOSS, women are the problem of women. don't be surprise the man is not complaining. but why is the woman complain? my mother can live with me oh, and my wife won't have to complain cos I will her to reaasons why my mum have to. except the wife the man married is not a listening wife and not the accommodating type

You don't have sense

Guys have complained up there that they won't tolerate their own mother in-law staying with them, one even put a stamp to it when his wife tried that nonsense, yet you have a problem because a woman is fed up, then term it to be women are the problem of women, you don't have a problem if a man do it, but you have a problem if a woman does the exact same thing, something is wrong with most of you.

3 Likes

Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by jackmrandy: 10:22am On Sep 19, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You don't have sense

Guys have complained up there that they won't tolerate their own mother in-law staying with them, one even put a stamp to it when his wife tried that nonsense, yet you have a problem because a woman is fed up, then term it to be women are the problem of women, you don't have a problem if a man do something, but you have a problem if a woman does the exact same thing, something is wrong with most of you.

nssss
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Kobicove(m): 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2023
Skyview01:
My own MIL was with me for more than 6 years. After I managed to get her to leave. She is looking for ways to come back.

I told my wife i can never let her mom in my house for one week. I have drawn the line for my own mental health. I now put my own needs first. She will never visit in my house again.

Na where una dey see these kind MIL sef?
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Baronthecelebri: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2023
Let her leave the house,if the mother in law refuse
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2023
jackmrandy:
■ BOSS, women are the problem of women. don't be surprise the man is not complaining. but why is the woman complain?
■ my mother can live with me oh, and my wife won't have to complain cos I will her to reaasons why my mum have to. except the wife the man married is not a listening wife and not the accommodating type
Stop yapping nonsense! Of course the man will not complain because it is his mother that is encroaching the marriage. Someone else up there explained how he was unhappy that his wife's mother-in-law stayed a period of six years with them and vowed she would never again come to even visit with them. Is he a she? undecided

2. Engage your brain abeg! If you want your mother to live with you then don't marry at all so you do not force someone else's daughter to have to ensure such a situation. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Qatar2022: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
crossfm:
This story is not complete.

You made us to understand that the mother inlaw was having issues,have the issues been solved?.

Are they living in the same city as the mother inlaw?.

Is the son capable of getting accomodation for the mum,and she refused the offer?.

I asked the above questions because I know family matters can't be viewed from one angle.
Somany sides to such story.

Having said these,I must commend the daughter in-law,6years is not 6days.

Please give us insight as regards to my questions.
Sometimes I wonder how you people reasoned, so you would send your mother away because of what? So a terrible generation
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by crossfm: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2023
Qatar2022:

Sometimes I wonder how you people reasoned, so you would send your mother away because of what? So a terrible generation

I think you must have quoted a wrong person here. I just asked few questions. I don't know the basis you looped me into the category of people who would chase their mother out of their house.

Please take time to go through my post again.
Shalom.
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Kobojunkie: 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
joceey:
Very silly question. Of course, no one would really want to kick their own mother out. Would the same man be happy if his mother-in-law came to join in to live in the house as long as his own mother has? He probably would kick against it to death. Even his mother would join in to do so too. undecided
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Puss360(f): 10:17am On Sep 20, 2023
Lol.. it's as simple as ABC...
On a Sunday Morning, before church, call both husband and the mother...
Who you wan to marry? Me or your mother?
Choose one right now?
Coz I am ready to leave the house/marriage!!!!
6yrs is not 6 weeks/months ooo....
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by talented321: 10:22am On Sep 20, 2023
The man should arrange his house. After all she is mother to all except she is over playing her roles..
But it's better husband and wife should not be distracted..
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by Oyenike01(f): 8:58am On Sep 21, 2023
Ochyes:

Someone sent this story to DANG.
Re: Mother-inlaw In Daughter-inlaw's Home For 6 Years by talented321: 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2023
You didn't mention the challenges, what make the mother-inlaw living with her son and why he didn't do anything till now.. Make ur story clear of how they are living together..
Ochyes:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funniest First Date / Badboys playing with girls minds / He Wants To Marry, But I Do Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.