Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa (39433 Views)

With The Current Rate Of Japa, Is Poverty Rate Exaggerated In Nigeria? / Dark Side Of Rome; Life Of Undocumented Immigrants In Italy / The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by sukkot: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2023
SIRTee15:

Indian man has his own home locked up yet buying up everywhere in other countries.
Dumb black man, in case u dont know that's how your race dominates other races. By controlling resources both within and outside your country.

The white man's reign was at his peak when they controlled the whole world.

Typical black man with limited vision, I'm buying up my own country' which Nigeria are u buying...oniro.

The people buying Nigeria are politicians and their few cronies. Then talk of Lebanese and Chinese who are in good books of the politicians.

Better thank God a Yoruba man is now in control. At least, small riba will now leak to southern Nigeria. Otherwise, how many southerners get mouth for that country ?
your inferiority complex is nauseating. Why are you comparing yourself or competing with an Indian man ? Live your own life man geeezzz

1 Like

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Focusmind: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2023
So sad.....our parents deserves the best of care. I pray to be at my father's bedside at that final moment just to tell him how much I love him and the efforts he made for us. My presence gives him so much relief.....once I hear that his situation has worsen, kia kia, I will fly to the East to chat him up. My presence always provides him with the tonic to come alive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by achimendy(m): 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2023
sukkot:
So this topic has to be explored because I know many people personally under this category. Now I don’t know about other countries but let’s focus on the UK for this topic.

I know that unless you are extremely lucky it is going to take you between 10 to 15 years to fully settle in terms of papers and money and career and housing etc. in between that time you are running from pillar to post and the silent prayer is that God please don’t let my mother or father fall sick within this 10 to 15 year timespan or else I am most likely never going to see them again.

Well I have many friends and relatives who this happened to. In that time span that they are still unsettled and looking for paper or money, mama get cancer for naija. They are stuck abroad. Mama eventually die. So they never got to see their mother for over 10 years and will never see her again.

So I guess the question is if you find yourself in a situation like this, being in the UK for over 8 years and papers never correct so you are stuck, then you hear that your mother is dying.

WHAT DO YOU DO? DO YOU ABORT MISSION AND RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA TO BE WITH YOUR DYING MOTHER KNOWING YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO RETURN TO THE UK AGAIN OR DO YOU JUST FASHI MAMA AND LET HER DIE WHILE YOU CoNTINUE YOUR QUEST TO LOOK FOR PAPERS AND POUNDS ? What would you do?

Survival is the issue here, everyone wants to survive.

It's well sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Yankee101: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2023
Try to relocate legally not go to visit and run away

If you travel legally you should be able to travel home every year if you wish

That’s the truth for all the major countries in the west

3 Likes

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by GoodFaith: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2023
tshtsh:

I moved to Canada as a PR on May 12th 2022. Started working a job in my field on May 24th 2022 . Moved out of friend’s apartment on June -
1 2022 after receiving my first salary . Stayed at an air bnb house hunting till September 30, 2022. Moved to my apartment October 1, 2022. Traveled to Nigeria for Christmas/new year holiday on December 27, 2022. Returned to Toronto on January 18, 2023. Visited South Africa on holiday on June 16,2023. Decided to visit Nigeria from there on june 24th,2023. Returned to Canada on june 30, 2023. Godwilling I’ll be in Nigeria for Christmas 2023. All this it takes 15 years talk is BS. I know lots of people who moved to Canada via express entry that travel in and out . If you move abroad through the proper channel you’ll not be stuck anywhere.

I know that country and City TO very well.
Your problem is you are very narrow minded and ignorant.
All you are doing is looking at things just from your narrow view.
U came to Canada with paper
u had education
U have work experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Adolfnigeria: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
MUMU Post.

Life happens.

If you want to stay in nigeria, please stay nobody is forcing you to Jakpa. and if you want to Jakpa do it legally.

When dollar reach 1,500 and you evaluate your worth - u go see why people dey jakpa.

Idiots posting rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by OnlySonAlive: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2023
folake4u:

Them nor get papa too abi?

Hahahaha. 🤣🤣🤣

Reason am naa bros
Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Elxandre(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
sukkot:
you come from jand to move into cheap hotels ? That’s how they kidnap you people and use you for ritual. So ticket cost, hotels, the whole process and settling people ? And hiring cars ? You better hold at least 5000k pounds if you don’t want to suffer
Lol. Who knows you just came from Jand if you don't announce it to hotel people?
Well nobody need tell person wey dey really struggle sha.
10k pounds is like 10million.
Return ticket is like 2m.
If you spend 8m in a few weeks, you are definitely not struggling then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by grandstar(m): 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2023
spiSeyi:

Like a child hearing from a faraway land that his mother is at home dying in pains helplessly undecided, the jakpa thing doesn't make sense most times. Use 8M to jakpa just to start a new life in an eldorado without the assurance of getting it back in the next 10-20yrs. The blacks are yet to be free from their colonists, the whites have enslaved the black man mindset for life angry

This has nothing to do with white man or black man.

People just need to be better educated.

1 Like

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by delerx(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2023
ednut1:
There are many Nigerians in the same Uk who got work permit to work as auditors, nurses, tech , doctors,HR etc directly from Nigeria. There is post graduate work permit of 2 years for students who graduated. Many that could not get job after studies settled for care work 5 years work permit. All these categories listed above can travel to Nigeria at will.

Only people who cant leave are illegal immigrants whose visas have expired. Some of them could not come home for their own weddings talkless of burial. Abeg what is the big deal there now Person wey stay country illegally doesn’t have a choice na. This topic no follow.
Nairaland has degraded so low to push senseless and meaningless topics to front page
Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by GoodFaith: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2023
Let me school some people 90% left Nigeria without paper.
Lot of things have change in Canada
from having paper to attend medical school, pharmacy School or nursing school but today you don't need paper
U leave Nigeria without paper
Likely might take 0 year to 2 year to get paper.
My younger brother in TO had to remind me that some people have to send money home to their family to feed and pay rent
U start community college two year you graduate.
U take one year off before returning back to university other two years
Graduate no work experiencing you start looking for company to give you opportunity.
There have been lot of changes in Canada for the past 20 years
U just gone off the boat you think you know it all
Like I like to LOL people in Canada telling me house is cheap in the US
Their house is Million Dollar I LOL why
if 95% of the people that tell me their house is Million dollar come to US
they go jump from the window if you see the property tax of million dollar house
Housing thing in Ontario and BC is a scam
Let me add this
the person that attend school in Canada might have student loan.
U that come from Nigeria don't have student loan
Family background you might not have to support your family in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by BabaIbo: 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2023
sukkot:
even tony Blair does not have 4 houses. Tell your uncle to stop selling drugs in the uk. They will soon catch him

I have been contemplating on the kind of person that you're from the first thread until I saw this your response.

Listen and listen carefully, not every wealth is illegal, many people are destined to excel in life as long as they do what they are destined to do.

Yes, I am a living witness.

I remember few years ago, I was coming back from a Lenten period program in my church with one other guy, during our discussion the guy told me plainly that he doesn't believe people can make plenty money without going illegal or doing some shi tty things(you know what I mean?)

I told him to change that perspective or way of thinking because it is very possible and e dey happen.

That guy is someone like you.

1 Like

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by alphabbey1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2023
ednut1:
cho cho cho. Talk the one you know about. The 10k own is for people still in Nigeria. Once you are already in the system it easier to get the care job. You can go on LinkedIn some students have gotten data analyst jobs too after graduating. Another Point is no go study useless course with no prospects
So if I didn't quote you, you won't know you are supposed to add these to your initial reply.
Someone that read your message will belive Canada student route is same as UK student route...

And for the bolded, you are still wrong using the word easier... Maybe its UK of olden days you are reffering to.... The care Job will still be sold to you, if you like, be living beside the agency house... They ain't gonna give you sponsorship for free....
And don't tell me you've seen someone that got the care with sponsorship for free, there are always exception and whataboutism to things.... We talking of general cases here...

And am not the type you will be forming proudness for with that ur statement you started with "cho cho cho". If you are rich, am equally rich. We just no dey form for here.... so relax ur ego and have civil conversation

1 Like

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by tshtsh: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2023
GoodFaith:

u had education
U have work experience

What is the justification for moving abroad without the right permit ? If I am narrow minded for moving abroad with "paper" as you call it or thinking that the proper thing to do is to be a legal resident then so be it. There are tons of Nigerians in Canada with valid study permit, work permit, PR and citizens. Those that opted to come here as tourists and stay back for 15 years stuck made the choice. I won't normalize it after all everyone I know in Canada has a valid right of residence.

4 Likes

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by BabaIbo: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2023
GoodFaith:
Let me school some people 90% left Nigeria without paper.
Lot of things have change in Canada
from having paper to attend medical school, pharmacy School or nursing school but today you don't need paper
U leave Nigeria without paper
Likely might take 0 year to 2 year to get paper.
My younger brother in TO had to remind me that some people have to send money home to their family to feed and pay rent
U start community college two year you graduate.
U take one year off before returning back to university other two years
Graduate no work experiencing you start looking for company to give you opportunity.
There have been lot of changes in Canada for the past 20 years
U just gone off the boat you think you know it all
Like I like to LOL people in Canada telling me house is cheap in the US
Their house is Million Dollar I LOL why
if 95% of the people that tell me their house is Million dollar come to US
they go jump from the window if you see the property tax of million dollar house
Housing thing in Ontario and BC is a scam
Let me add this
the person that attend school in Canada might have student loan.
U that come from Nigeria don't have student loan
Family background you might not have to support your family in Nigeria.

What exactly is your point because honestly I don't understand what you wrote there.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by klawaaa: 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2023
Abroad na your mate. The rate of fake lifestyle westerners live, I doubt why they condemn Nigeria with scam. Na to dey live life on credit... Most Americans are living live on credit and they go everywhere in the world to brag how they are the weathiest nation in the world and take others' natural and human possessions. This life, I think we just have to fake it to feel we are there. I see a lot of Nigeria abroadians dey show their houses to oppress their countryman counterpart and I wonder why they do so. Most of the house that that would scam their countryman on japa consultancy and pay the damn mortgage for lifetime. If I make about a million naira monthly in nigeria, why on earth would I relocate with nonimmigrant visa? Thank God for social media, at least, people can have other side of the story if they wish to hear.
jubrilELsudan:
THE PROBLEM WITH YOU PRESENT DAY YOUTH IS THAT YOU BELIEVE TO HAVE A PERFECT LIFE OVERNIGHT

YOU ALL ARE SO STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT ONCE YOU GET ABROAD ALL YOUR LIFE PROBLEMS ARE SETTLED

YET THAT SAME ABROAD YOU GOING TO...NATIVES OF THE COUNTRY WITH ANCESTRAL AND GENERATION LINEAGE ARE STILL STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE AND RELY ON CREDIT CARDS AND BANK LOANS FOR SURVIVAL AND ARE SWAMPED IN HEAVY DEBTS

BACK IN THE DAY BEFORE GSM AND INTERNET...WAS IT NOT LETTERS WE WRITE AND IT WILL TAKE MONTHS BEFORE THE LETTER IS RECIEVED?

DID WE ALL DIE BACK THEN? EVEN WITHIN NIGERIA...DID PARENTS IN THE VILLAGE NOT DIE AND THEIR CHILDREN IN THE CITY WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW TILL SOMEONE HAS TO COME FROM THE VILLAGE TO INFORM THEM....SO DID WE ALL DIE FROM THE GUILT?

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by GoodFaith: 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2023
BabaIbo:

What exactly is your point because honestly I don't understand what you wrote there.

My point is we all arrived in Canada in different time. ( I moved out)
We all have different background.
Our time of arrival and our background make a big difference.

1 Like

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by BabaIbo: 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2023
GoodFaith:

u had education
U have work experience

Keep kwayet, tell open to change his topic to include "japaing via illegal means"

One of my guys back in the uni don enter Nigeria from UK like three times this year alone and this nigga left for UK less than 3 years ago.

The problem with most people is lack of information and doing things without proper preparation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by BabaIbo: 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2023
GoodFaith:

My point is we all arrived in Canada in different time. ( I moved out)
We all have different background.
Our time of arrival and our background make a big difference.

All these doesn't really matter, the koko is if you're a legal migrant that does his/her homework before embarking on the journey.

See ehn, there is many advantages with being legal, you can easily change location if the one you are in doesn't work the way you want.

Wait, you think a person who built himself up from nothing to something, can't achieve anything in such countries if he/she finds themselves their legally?

2 Likes

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by GoodFaith: 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2023
BabaIbo:

Keep kwayet, tell open to change his topic to include "japaing via illegal means"

One of my guys back in the uni don enter Nigeria from UK like three times this year alone and this nigga left for UK less than 3 years ago.

The problem with most people is lack of information and doing things without proper preparation.
japaing via illegal means" and legal means

If you clear read my write I address the difference
the advantage and disadvantages

1 Like

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by GoodFaith: 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2023
BabaIbo:

All these doesn't really matter, the koko is if you're a legal migrant that does his/her homework before embarking on the journey.

See ehn, there is many advantages with being legal, you can easily change location if the one you are in doesn't work the way you want.

Wait, you think a person who built himself up from nothing to something, can't achieve anything in such countries if he/she finds themselves their legally?

The number of people that migrant legal from Nigeria is 10% or less.
How old is the Canadian work policy?
The student visa thing is like illegal iif you are from poor home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by tshtsh: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2023
klawaaa:
Abroad na your mate. The rate of fake lifestyle westerners live, I doubt why they condemn Nigeria with scam. Na to dey live life on credit... Most Americans are living live on credit and they go everywhere in the world to brag how they are the weathiest nation in the world and take others' natural and human possessions. This life, I think we just have to fake it to feel we are there. I see a lot of Nigeria abroadians dey show their houses to oppress their countryman counterpart and I wonder why they do so. Most of the house that that would scam their countryman on japa consultancy and pay the damn mortgage for lifetime. If I make about a million naira monthly in nigeria, why on earth would I relocate with nonimmigrant visa? Thank God for social media, at least, people can have other side of the story if they wish to hear.
Nigerians that even earn 500k monthly can do many things easily without being in debt. Two of my guys who moved to Canada less than a year ago are already in possession of a BMW and Mercedes indebted to the tune of almost $50,000 each. They sent pictures of the car to people in Nigeria already lol showing how great there life is.
Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by cococandy(f): 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
Are you saying that if people migrate legally to uk, they can’t leave for another decade because of papers?

I think you must be referring to illegal migration. In that case fix your topic to match the real issue.
I don’t believe a legal migrant to uk can’t come and go as they please or can afford to

sukkot:
So this topic has to be explored because I know many people personally under this category. Now I don’t know about other countries but let’s focus on the UK for this topic.

I know that unless you are extremely lucky it is going to take you between 10 to 15 years to fully settle in terms of papers and money and career and housing etc. in between that time you are running from pillar to post and the silent prayer is that God please don’t let my mother or father fall sick within this 10 to 15 year timespan or else I am most likely never going to see them again.

Well I have many friends and relatives who this happened to. In that time span that they are still unsettled and looking for paper or money, mama get cancer for naija. They are stuck abroad. Mama eventually die. So they never got to see their mother for over 10 years and will never see her again.

So I guess the question is if you find yourself in a situation like this, being in the UK for over 8 years and papers never correct so you are stuck, then you hear that your mother is dying.

WHAT DO YOU DO? DO YOU ABORT MISSION AND RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA TO BE WITH YOUR DYING MOTHER KNOWING YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO RETURN TO THE UK AGAIN OR DO YOU JUST FASHI MAMA AND LET HER DIE WHILE YOU CoNTINUE YOUR QUEST TO LOOK FOR PAPERS AND POUNDS ? What would you do?
Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Westves: 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2023
Dshocker:
I don't support japa in any form, if you like give me Canadian green card, i prefer Nigeria.

The money you spent processing your documents could have been used to establish you here properly, rather than going to another man's land as a slave to start all over again, with a limited lifestyle on freedom.

Fair point. But you cannot buy your way out of the poor quality of life tenable in this clime. You're not a slave but the respect for life here is incomparably low

koonbey:
The fact that you know many people whom this has happened to is a reflection of the poor quality of your circle, not the general reality for people who travel abroad. It's because those people are entering the country illegally that it takes them decades to 'fully settle in terms of papers'.

People who enter the country legally and have their papers from day 1 are free to, and often do travel around the world, including Europe, the US, and wherever else including back home to Nigeria to visit as they wish, whether they're students or workers or whatever else.

So, dear Mr. Sukkot, make new friends or get new family members who don't go about traveling illegally, and you'll stop hearing these kinds of stories, and hopefully stop boring us with them as well.

Sorry to say but You are so extremely stupid, it's dangerous if those around you don't exterminate you, for the sake of their own preservation

1 Like

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Equity15(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2023
The topic no follow
Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by GoodFaith: 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2023
tshtsh:

Nigerians that even earn 500k monthly can do many things easily without being in debt. Two of my guys who moved to Canada less than a year ago are already in possession of a BMW and Mercedes indebted to the tune of almost $50,000 each. They sent pictures of the car to people in Nigeria already lol showing how great there life is.
\

That is the mistake some people make
A co-worker told me I was hiding my high end car at home Mercedes. I told him I don't have any high car that was like 6 years ago,
Today I am still driving my old car
Other co-worker that seat across from me once told me thanks. because he hear lot of my personal business why I am on the phone
He made the same move I was moving in life
Dude said he might retire sooner that he was planning

1 Like

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Omoawoke2(m): 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2023
koonbey:
The fact that you know many people whom this has happened to is a reflection of the poor quality of your circle, not the general reality for people who travel abroad. It's because those people are entering the country illegally that it takes them decades to 'fully settle in terms of papers'.

People who enter the country legally and have their papers from day 1 are free to, and often do travel around the world, including Europe, the US, and wherever else including back home to Nigeria to visit as they wish, whether they're students or workers or whatever else.

So, dear Mr. Sukkot, make new friends or get new family members who don't go about traveling illegally, and you'll stop hearing these kinds of stories, and hopefully stop boring us with them as well.

The thing tire person bro
Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by cococandy(f): 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2023
SIRTee15:

What I will never understand is what exactly were Nigerians doing same time these Asians were doing the hard work and buying up everywhere. .

Marrying white women , getting divorced and having the wealth go back to the white community. 🫠

3 Likes

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by lendahand(m): 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2023
tshtsh:

I moved to Canada as a PR on May 12th 2022. Started working a job in my field on May 24th 2022 . Moved out of friend’s apartment on June -
1 2022 after receiving my first salary . Stayed at an air bnb house hunting till September 30, 2022. Moved to my apartment October 1, 2022. Traveled to Nigeria for Christmas/new year holiday on December 27, 2022. Returned to Toronto on January 18, 2023. Visited South Africa on holiday on June 16,2023. Decided to visit Nigeria from there on june 24th,2023. Returned to Canada on june 30, 2023. Godwilling I’ll be in Nigeria for Christmas 2023. All this it takes 15 years talk is BS. I know lots of people who moved to Canada via express entry that travel in and out . If you move abroad through the proper channel you’ll not be stuck anywhere.
Nwokorobia nalum aka, grace at work! these are the things I love to hear. Your job must be a high paying one.
Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by lendahand(m): 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2023
sukkot:
he would always feel guilty and bad. But I hope it doesn’t break him
Hi Sukkot, someone up there just encouraged some of us who wish to relocate to Canada. If I enter Canada through proper channels of work permit and provincial nominee program, do you think I have anything to worry about??
Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by GoodFaith: 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2023
lendahand:
Hi Sukkot, someone up there just encouraged some of us who wish to relocate to Canada. If I enter Canada through proper channels of work permit and provincial nominee program, do you think I have anything to worry about??
work
Your background, education and work experience will help you
You might not have the right work as soon as u gone off the boat
If you have the right skill it will happen with time
Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by tshtsh: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2023
GoodFaith:
\

That is the mistake some people make
A co-worker told me I was hiding my high end car at home Mercedes. I told him I don't have any high car that was like 6 years ago,
Today I am still driving my old car
Other co-worker that seat across from me once told me thanks. because he hear lot of my personal business why I am on the phone
He made the same move I was moving in life
Dude said he might retire sooner that he was planning
I learnt long ago that building wealth and attaining financial freedom is a very slow process that requires consistency and perseverance. The Nigerian culture can be oppressive hence people feel they need to acquire things they don’t need or can barely afford to prove to others that they’ve arrived. I don’t subscribe to that and I enjoy my peaceful life. My 15 year old Camry is there in Lagos. Once I’m in naija I start it and drive around. Some people have been telling me that as I’m in Canada I ought to have shipped in a better car but I no send them. Even in the Toronto I don’t have a car. Rented an apartment 2 mins walk from a subway station / bus station and it’s serving me well. I no dey compete lol

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

UK Man Confronts Nigerian Neighbour After He Stopped Him From Using His Wifi / Commercial Bus Driver Crushes Motorist To Death In Meiran, Lagos (Photos) / Policewoman Turns Conductor (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.