Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa (39370 Views)

With The Current Rate Of Japa, Is Poverty Rate Exaggerated In Nigeria? / Dark Side Of Rome; Life Of Undocumented Immigrants In Italy / The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by sukkot: 8:08am On Sep 19, 2023
So this topic has to be explored because I know many people personally under this category. Now I don’t know about other countries but let’s focus on the UK for this topic.

I know that unless you are extremely lucky it is going to take you between 10 to 15 years to fully settle in terms of papers and money and career and housing etc. in between that time you are running from pillar to post and the silent prayer is that God please don’t let my mother or father fall sick within this 10 to 15 year timespan or else I am most likely never going to see them again.

Well I have many friends and relatives who this happened to. In that time span that they are still unsettled and looking for paper or money, mama get cancer for naija. They are stuck abroad. Mama eventually die. So they never got to see their mother for over 10 years and will never see her again.

So I guess the question is if you find yourself in a situation like this, being in the UK for over 8 years and papers never correct so you are stuck, then you hear that your mother is dying.

WHAT DO YOU DO? DO YOU ABORT MISSION AND RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA TO BE WITH YOUR DYING MOTHER KNOWING YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO RETURN TO THE UK AGAIN OR DO YOU JUST FASHI MAMA AND LET HER DIE WHILE YOU CoNTINUE YOUR QUEST TO LOOK FOR PAPERS AND POUNDS ? What would you do?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Wodu89: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2023
Sad tales everywhere. What's the juice about sad tales alot you guys relish like this.

I'd rather do uplifting stories

134 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by sukkot: 8:18am On Sep 19, 2023
Wodu89:
Sad tales everywhere. What's the juice about sad tales alot you guys relish like this.

I'd rather do uplifting stories
it’s a reality. Just happened to my relative 2 weeks ago. I am still in mourning. Obviously I am related to the woman who passed

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by AllKnowing: 8:28am On Sep 19, 2023
To you residing outside your fatherland and reading this, I pray you never experience what Sukkot is talking about.

I wish you well in that foreign land where you reside; flourish, never stop to settle, acknowledge the power of God and proper networking, take up jobs to increase your income and savings/ investments, live below your means and send money back home as often as you can.

And if calamity such as this still visits you, it is my prayer that it doesn’t break you.

285 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Amotolongbo(f): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2023
sukkot:
it’s a reality. Just happened to my relative 2 weeks ago. I am still in mourning. Obviously I am related to the woman who passed
One could leave the UK and travel out to wherever one wants if you enter into the country legitimately. It is even hard to live and prosper in the UK illegally nowadays.
One doesn’t have to wait till after 10 or 15years before one can go back to see the loved ones in Nigeria except you are not sincere or something is shady.

If you have the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) as a student, worker or a dependant, you could enter and go out so far you have your money for flight and informed your school or took permission from your place of work.

That your kind of scenario is common in Canada, Australia and US where people that are extremely fortunate to enter with tourist visa or student visa and decided not to go again.

181 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by libertyfather(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2023
loud ooooo, many will prefer letting go the parent to get those papers forgetting they also have kids, and a time is coming they will be in positions of those parent and they won't love such being done to them......this life sef

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Wodu89: 8:34am On Sep 19, 2023
sukkot:

We don't fault japarians as you people self critic yourself. People who didn't leave also have dear ones lost too. Make una relax

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by sukkot: 8:42am On Sep 19, 2023
Amotolongbo:
One could leave the UK and travel out to wherever one wants if you enter into the country legitimately.
If you have the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) as a student, worker or a dependant, you could enter and go out so far you have your money for flight and informed your school or took permission from your place of work
am talking expired papers, or illegitimately , or you havent found your foot and dont have 10000 pounds for ticket and airbnb and funeral arrangement

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by sukkot: 8:43am On Sep 19, 2023
Wodu89:

We don't fault japarians as you people self critic yourself. People who didn't leave also have dear ones lost too. Make una relax
i dont understand what you are saying. rest

5 Likes

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by ednut1(m): 8:44am On Sep 19, 2023
There are many Nigerians in the same Uk who got work permit to work as auditors, nurses, tech , doctors,HR etc directly from Nigeria. There is post graduate work permit of 2 years for students who graduated. Many that could not get job after studies settled for care work 5 years work permit. All these categories listed above can travel to Nigeria at will.

Only people who cant leave are illegal immigrants whose visas have expired. Some of them could not come home for their own weddings talkless of burial. Abeg what is the big deal there now Person wey stay country illegally doesn’t have a choice na. This topic no follow.

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Wodu89: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2023
sukkot:
i dont understand what you are saying. rest

Smh. This one left Nigeria but can't get Nigeria out of himself. Keep your anger and lack of comprehension to yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by sukkot: 8:51am On Sep 19, 2023
ednut1:
There are many Nigerians in the same Uk who got work permit to work as auditors, nurses, tech , doctors,HR etc directly from Nigeria. There is post graduate work permit of 2 years for students who graduated. Many that could not get job after studies settled for care work 5 years work permit. All these categories listed above can travel to Nigeria at will.

Only people who cant leave are illegal immigrants whose visas have expired. Some of them could not come home for their own weddings talkless of burial. Abeg what is the big deal there now Person wey stay country illegally doesn’t have a choice na. This topic no follow.
there are millions of people in this category. they are human beings too and deserve to be showcased

24 Likes

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by sukkot: 8:52am On Sep 19, 2023
Wodu89:

Smh. This one left Nigeria but can't get Nigeria out of himself. Keep your anger and lack of comprehension to yourself.
i am in nigeria. get it right loco

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Dpen11(f): 8:52am On Sep 19, 2023
It do happen 😔

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by ednut1(m): 8:55am On Sep 19, 2023
sukkot:
there are millions of people in this category. they are human beings too and deserve to be showcased
are they complaining to you Or did they tell you they will trade their stays for burial Who don die don die they will send money for their burial .
Husband of these babes could not come home unto paper issues. Dem sha still marry 😆

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by sukkot: 8:56am On Sep 19, 2023
Dpen11:
It do happen 😔
yup. it do

1 Like

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by sukkot: 9:08am On Sep 19, 2023
ednut1:
are they complaining to you Or did they tell you they will trade their stays for burial Who don die don die they will send money for their burial .
Husband of these babes could not come home unto paper issues. Dem sha still marry 😆
bro how many years have you been in Canada now ? It’s time to let Canada pass through you and let it wipe away that egocentric maniacal Nigerian way of thinking you are still clingiing onto. This is not a suffering contest. One persons ability to overcome their deficiencies does not invalidate the existence of deficiencies in oother people. You have to get out of this african mindset of comparing people’s struggles and comparing the abiliTy or inability to overcome such struggles. Humans are different. We are all not cookie cutter

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by pyyxxaro: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2023
$1 = #960

Sai Baba on your rusty and greasy testes we stand 🙌🏿

Very soon na elephant and spear grass people go de chop 😀

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Okortor: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2023
mehn I pray it never happens to me. However far back as 2019 when I lost My granny whom I cherish so much. I was left with no other option but to return to 9ja from Qatar. How much more my own mother, may the case never arise AMEN.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by b3llo(m): 9:15am On Sep 19, 2023
A man is not blessed in his comfort zone. If you really want to succeed you have to numb your emotional ties and fracture some relationship.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by mwnk: 9:15am On Sep 19, 2023
God help us all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Ishilove: 9:15am On Sep 19, 2023
AllKnowing:
To you residing outside your fatherland and reading this, I pray you never experience what Sukkot is talking about.

I wish you well in that foreign land where you reside; flourish, never stop to settle, acknowledge the power of God and proper networking, take up jobs to increase your income and savings/ investments, live below your means and send money back home as often as you can.

And if calamity such as this still visits you, it is my prayer that it doesn’t break you.
Amen o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by englishmart(m): 9:15am On Sep 19, 2023
I’m going to Denmark And nothing can prevent it

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Mindlog: 9:15am On Sep 19, 2023
Another one.

1 Like

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Dshocker(m): 9:15am On Sep 19, 2023
I don't support japa in any form, if you like give me Canadian green card, i prefer Nigeria.

The money you spent processing your documents could have been used to establish you here properly, rather than going to another man's land as a slave to start all over again, with a limited lifestyle on freedom.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by kalvoken(m): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2023
Na una own mama

3 Likes

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by safarilove(m): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2023
ok
Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by ATEAMS: 9:16am On Sep 19, 2023
Oh no

1 Like

Re: Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 19, 2023
The fact that you know many people whom this has happened to is a reflection of the poor quality of your circle, not the general reality for people who travel abroad. It's because those people are entering the country illegally that it takes them decades to 'fully settle in terms of papers'.

People who enter the country legally and have their papers from day 1 are free to, and often do travel around the world, including Europe, the US, and wherever else including back home to Nigeria to visit as they wish, whether they're students or workers or whatever else.

So, dear Mr. Sukkot, make new friends or get new family members who don't go about traveling illegally, and you'll stop hearing these kinds of stories, and hopefully stop boring us with them as well.

32 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Passengers Prefer Their Loads Inside Bus While They Sit On Top Of The Bus(video) / Lagos Airport: Immigration Imposes $90 Visa-on-arrival Charge On Foreigners / Yet Again, Trailer Falls On Vehicle. (images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.