Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,485 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. (37849 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Invites Wife's Boyfriend To His House For Sex & He Came / Sex Scandal: Housewife Threatens To Drag Christ Embassy, Pastor To Court (pics) / Shocking!! 37yrs Old Married Woman Caught Masturbating With Pepper! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
What was he doing in SA all these years? undecided undecided undecided
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Jsucre(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
Abeg make una give am his things biko. Abi ole niyin ni?

5 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by KingOKON: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,
My dad immediate elder brother who went to south africa in the 90s is back to drag their parents property claiming to be the first son.

This is someone who after he travelled only came back once and never bothered about the affair's of the family.

Their father my grandfather died 2005 he was no where to be found. my grand mother died 2018 still nothing from him.

No contributions whatever even while their parents was still alive.

He cut all sort of communications with them and now he's back to lay claim on the properties.

The family is angry but some of the elders in the extended family are getting on is side claiming he's still the senior he was never disowned but they can't say it out though.

It's obvious he came back with almost nothing and felt laying claims on their parent property is the back up plan

No will was written and some of the old buildings has been reconstructed from the scratch by my father and yet someone is laying claim on it.

I will like to know how this will go because my father is ready to fight this with his last strength and we the children are firmly behind him

Is it that your Dad don't won't him to get anything or what

3 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Skillsnigeria: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
Hmmm
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by deji17: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
This is why people don't want to repair or reconstruct family house. And it explains why you see many brown roofs and dilapidated buildings in many places.

7 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by ednut1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2023
Like nollywood movies people will end up dead. Be careful o

2 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by frog12: 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2023
very sad but it should be shared. if he is given full control, he must compensate your father for all the money he spent reconstructing the place. make sure the elders know this. these types of senior brothers are irresponsible and selfish
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by AutoChick4U(f): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
world123:
He wasn't disowned and there is no Will stating all property belongs to your father. So any son of the parent is entitled to his parents properties.

You uncle and Dad should calm down and share the family property equally.
Don't mind the guy. Abi who sent the father to renovate all the buildings so he can claim it! Human beings and greed eh

7 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by ednut1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
Samantha124:
chasing mzansi babes🤪

2 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Ewedegubbler: 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
Nna the property doesn’t belong to your father

You can’t fix a communal property and then lay claim to it. Morally right doesn’t equate to legally right

Your uncle might be an efulefu but he is the first born son and he is legally the owner of his fathers house as far as Igbo custom is concerned

12 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by immortalmortal: 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
Old buildings you say... Means there's more than one... The property should be shared amongst both of them, for peace and unity
I was just wondering, what if your Dad had sold off those properties, what would he have done?

1 Like

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Kingcalls: 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,
My dad immediate elder brother who went to south africa in the 90s is back to drag their parents property claiming to be the first son.

This is someone who after he travelled only came back once and never bothered about the affair's of the family.

Their father my grandfather died 2005 he was no where to be found. my grand mother died 2018 still nothing from him.

He cut all sort of communications with them and now he's back to lay claim on the properties.

The family is angry but some of the elders in the extended family are getting on is side claiming he's still the senior he was never disowned but they can't say it out though.

It's obvious he came back with almost nothing and felt laying claims on their parent property is the back up plan

No will was written and some of the old buildings has been reconstructed from the scratch by my father and yet someone is laying claim on it.

I will like to know how this will go because my father is ready to fight this with his last strength and we the children are firmly behind him

Oga...u no get case

3 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by ednut1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2023
AutoChick4U:
Don't mind the guy. Abi who sent the father to renovate all the buildings so he can claim it! Human beings and greed eh
he cut off communications. What if he was dead in South Africa or never showed up The properties should have been left to rot?

1 Like

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by AutoChick4U(f): 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,

Fight with his last strength? Is it worth it? Something he will still leave. Let him share with his brother cos nobody asked ur father to covet everything. You guys should better go hustle your own properties

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Badassniggga(m): 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2023
Klass99:

A very useless first son who provided no value whatsoever. Why should such a person inherit or lay claim to any properties, solely on the basis of being a first son?

We have some very messed up traditions that cause more harm than good, which need to be thrown away. Is it not men who created these traditions? Can the same men not undo them, if they really wish to?

Unlike you I mean every offence when I say (not to you specifically) that the useless first son should have stayed gone and never returned or reappeared to claim property.

What is wrong with some children sef? Are your hands broken or is your brain malfunctioning to a point where you cannot build or acquire properties of your own, without looking to grab what your parents had?
Whether he provides value or not and when all is said and done, he's still entitled and has rights to his father's fortune.

End 🔚.

8 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by AutoChick4U(f): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2023
ednut1:
he cut off communications. What if he was dead in South Africa or never showed up The properties should have been left to rot?
He probably was in prison. So he's back now, it's proper to give him his share!

4 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by MrBONE2(m): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2023
ojun50:
You guys should catch him, put him inside black bag take him to river niger, the river will return him to South Africa.
grin

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by frog12: 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2023
the fact that he is fighting for it is his right but will he pay??

Nyanabo:
Simple matter. Since he wasn't disowned then there's no case. But since the buildings were reconstructed by your dad, he should draw up the expenses it incrued then split it amongst themselves.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by highchief1: 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,

South Africa has condemned so many Nigerians.there’s only one country in the world where u will go and find it hard to return.I almost lost too.the lifestyle will make you forget about wherrr u are coming from and wherr u are going to.

1 Like

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2023
It seems like they spent his money and dumped him when he went broke... grin grin grin

Now he's fighting over his father's property when he should be having property of his own.
ednut1:
chasing mzansi babes🤪

1 Like

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by majesticguy: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,
My dad immediate elder brother who went to south africa in the 90s is back to drag their parents property claiming to be the first son. This is someone who after he travelled only came back once and never bothered about the affair's of the family. Their father my grandfather died 2005 he was no where to be found. my grand mother died 2018 still nothing from him. No contributions whatever even while their parents was still alive. He cut all sort of communications with them and now he's back to lay claim on the properties. The family is angry but some of the elders in the extended family are getting on is side claiming he's still the senior he was never disowned but they can't say it out though. It's obvious he came back with almost nothing and felt laying claims on their parent property is the back up plan

OP, your dad did a whole lot for his folks, and trust me when I say God would reward him through you his kids. For the issue at hand, I'd say you guys should just settle the matter amicable. Give your uncle what is his and let peace reign. Accommodate him rather than fight him, you don't know his story for that 37 years he was away, don't judge him. You fighting him, makes it seem as if you guys never wanted him to ever come back home, you wanted him to be stuck and probably die were he is, trust me, that's how your Umunna or members of your extended family would view it.

In some traditions, Igbo's for instance the first son inherits his father's house, even if he the first son dies, as long as he has a male heir, that inheritance passes on to his heir. You guys fighting him, do you want him to be homeless and roam around like a mad man, while his parents left an estate for him. let's say he sold his share of the property, then you guys are free to kick him out or do whatever you like. Not giving him anything at all, that very wrong and this is a fight you guys wouldn't win, your Umunna or relatives wouldn't allow it.

Simply give him what is his and let peace reign.

9 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by 8stargeneral: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2023
So,your father believed that your uncle will not return home again that was the reason he renovate the house and wanted to claim it alone

If your father know what good for him let them share that properties and give him his share to start up life...una too like to drag property that you will die and leave one day

6 Likes

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by dododawa1: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2023
Hating continue in d family
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by tochez24(m): 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,

No matter how you turn the story, the truth still remains that, according to custom and tradition... since he's back and he wasn't disowned by their parents, he still remains the first son of your grand parents and a Bonify member of the family. Your extended family is right💯

Hence, your father must come to terms with reality and share the properties with him⚠️

There's no need for your family especially your father to fight him because he's his elder brother and he will win him in court, police station or whatever traditional means your father takes him to...

Advice your father to settle it amicably with your uncle!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by 123yes(m): 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,

My dear your father can never win the war. In Ibo land first son is always a first son so far he is still alive. The best option is for your father to settle things with him before he will be accused of using jaz on his brother that was why he forgets about home.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by MrBONE2(m): 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2023
IkeGod9891:
. Let's hear from him too before we d elders in online counsel can decide. grin
cheesy

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by juman(m): 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2023
He might be in prison.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Kobicove(m): 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2023
Samantha124:

He was probably loafing around undecided
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by toxtimmy: 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2023
U think no say because him dey south africa life was a bed of roses?... if him win 1 billion naira lottery in Nigeria today will you call him you great wonderful uncle and paddy him or say he abandoned village issue and disappeared in South Africa?

What's his is his... the first you should hav done is welcome him back and ask what happened to him in South Africa. ... regardless he deserves anything a sob deserves from his father... if your father finds that to be a problem then your father is a a very bad person.

Peter532:
Hello all,

1 Like

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Olajide200(m): 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2023
Let me frank with you. Its going to be a hard battle except your dad has a lot of money. Its going to be about the highest bidder as far as the elders are involved. No other factor will be considered except who can bribe more. Trust me.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by AllBlack: 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,

Whether he went to pluto for 100 years. Is he the first son or not? was he banished or disowned?

you and your papa wan offend the gods

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obituary Poster Of Emeka Nnatuanya, Man Set Ablaze By Wife In Kano / Woman Crushed 4 Days To Her Wedding In Abuja / I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.