Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. (37864 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Invites Wife's Boyfriend To His House For Sex & He Came / Sex Scandal: Housewife Threatens To Drag Christ Embassy, Pastor To Court (pics) / Shocking!! 37yrs Old Married Woman Caught Masturbating With Pepper! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by caspapa(m): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2023
So he should forfeit his part of the properties because of he travelled or what, or because he was a bad son to your grandfather?

Please let your dad do the right thing, give him what he deserve.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Mozegee: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
My brother my candid advice to your father is to calm down. As far he is the first son of the family he still has an upper hand than your father. The only thing is for your father to involve the Umunna and lay claim on all he spent in the burial of your grand parents and the money he used in renovating the house. And also taken care of your late grand parents. As far there is no will,he has right to all those properties oooh.
Peter532:
Hello all,
My dad immediate elder brother who went to south africa in the 90s is back to drag their parents property claiming to be the first son.

This is someone who after he travelled only came back once and never bothered about the affair's of the family.

Their father my grandfather died 2005 he was no where to be found. my grand mother died 2018 still nothing from him.

No contributions whatever even while their parents was still alive.

He cut all sort of communications with them and now he's back to lay claim on the properties.

The family is angry but some of the elders in the extended family are getting on is side claiming he's still the senior he was never disowned but they can't say it out though.

It's obvious he came back with almost nothing and felt laying claims on their parent property is the back up plan

No will was written and some of the old buildings has been reconstructed from the scratch by my father and yet someone is laying claim on it.

I will like to know how this will go because my father is ready to fight this with his last strength and we the children are firmly behind him

1 Like

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Chrisviboy85(m): 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2023
Anyone here that commented saying the 1st son is a thief is really an unreasonable fellow..Firstly it's obvious your father and everyone thought this man was dead that was why he went ahead to renovate all those stuffs..if not someone would have advised him to put a stop or let him know those houses he is renovating might end up not being his..Your father should settle this amicable with him I don't know what tribe are you guys..but if it's IGBO then your dad is fighting a lost battle already..The best is to share those stuffs in peace..because at the end nobody will stand on the side of your dad..The elder has more upper hand than your dad..Na renovation your dad do..the properties were not his all along...
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by tonididdy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,
My dad immediate elder brother who went to south africa in the 90s is back to drag their parents property claiming to be the first son.

This is someone who after he travelled only came back once and never bothered about the affair's of the family.

Their father my grandfather died 2005 he was no where to be found. my grand mother died 2018 still nothing from him.

He cut all sort of communications with them and now he's back to lay claim on the properties.

The family is angry but some of the elders in the extended family are getting on is side claiming he's still the senior he was never disowned but they can't say it out though.

It's obvious he came back with almost nothing and felt laying claims on their parent property is the back up plan

No will was written and some of the old buildings has been reconstructed from the scratch by my father and yet someone is laying claim on it.

I will like to know how this will go because my father is ready to fight this with his last strength and we the children are firmly behind him
Your father layed another man's bed.
Your father should have ensured his father wrote a will now all of that effort is fruitless.
If he's lucky, your uncle will be nice and spare his some properties or financial settlement based on what your father has spent so far otherwise your father has no case!

Infact your uncle can get your father arrested for trespassing

1 Like

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by SUNNINO(m): 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2023
Young man let your father make his own money and forget about his father's property, we are Africans. No matter what senior na senior
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Yankee101: 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2023
I think he should fight to keep it
There is tradition and there is the right thing
If he didn’t care for your parents and never came for their burial your dad should stand his ground. As his brother your dad can assist him. Eventually I’ll say begin to sell the property and give them the right papers to back it up

Simple

Righteousness is righteousness. Even is one million people stand against it it won’t change

That’s why we should cultivate the habit of writing wills in Africa

I’m sure your grandparents almost definitely won’t let him have it if all you said is true

1 Like

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by olril17(m): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2023
BigMamaNaija:
OP my son, Nairalanders have told you the truth in one voice (surprisingly): the family house belongs to your uncle. Even if we told you anything different, it wouldn't change anything because we wouldn't be the ones to come handle the issue. We'd have only 'gingered' you wrongly to go on and fight dirty.

The elders in your family and community will handle this. Please, encourage your dad and siblings to cooperate with them in whatever formula they use for the sharing. You have no case. The customary court in your place will stand with your uncle and strike out any case you bring forward.

By the way, where is your empathy for a blood relation? How come your father does not care about what his blood brother must have passed through all these years? Even you who appears to be enlightened! Is there any normal human being that will just choose to cut off ties with his family if things were alright? Mbok be calming down.

Last strength ko, first blood ni.. angry
You’re very stvpid. So it’s the fault of father that the uncle was no where to be found and the estate should have been left rotten?
And who told you if they take the case to court the court will strike their case out?
See mumu Dey talk of empathy but you saw where the guy said his father has spent money to renovate some part of the estate including building again from scratch.
So where is your empathy for the man too for the money he has spent so you mean he should just agree and leave the estate like that without considering the financial implications to him?
If you say the father and uncle should find ways to settle amicably that might have make sense but then kobo sense no Dey your empty head
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2023
highbee02:

But they jointly own the land because it belongs to their father.
Not if one party reconstructed/renovated it and funded the project himself.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by sonofsteven: 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2023
jamesversion:
But he is still the first son na.

No offence, but your father should have properties of his own. Tradition is on the side of your uncle.

If you like carry my old rusty car go mechanic and turn it brand new, it remains mine.

But does it mean that his father has no property of his own too?

Everyone knows the uncle is entitled to his rights as the first child and son

So no case here than to share it as tradition demands
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by SamOchuko: 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,

What are you guys fighting him for? Does his being away for 37 years makes him stop being his fathers child? He is still the eldest child wether you guys likes it or not and he is entitled to his fair share of his late dad estate. You guys should go make your own money and stop fighting your uncle from accessing his father’s his share of his father’s estate.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by olril17(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2023
Abbeytoy:
Kudos to your father for taking care of what your grandfather left behind, but that man has every right to the property and he's the first son, your dad can now rest and let his elder brother take back his rightful space.

They might have to call for a share if necessary as I have seen that that man came back home because he has nowhere else to run to.

Believe me, if he has money, he won't care about all these things but he needs you all at this moment.
Another mumu person. Na so im easy.
Like if you will do the same. Be like say nairaland na HQ of mumu people.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by omoredia: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2023
If the properties will finally satisfy his greed then let him have it. But it wont
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by olril17(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2023
Regie2bless:
if u wan hear the truth, if una take dis case to customary court ur uncle go floor ur popsi, sorry to say. Ur father elder brother remains the first fruit of ur grandfather manhood hence is entitled to his inheritance accordingly, the elder can still prevail on him to find ur father something either a plot of land or another house if any. Because ur father was the caretaker of the house when he was away and also ur father stand in his responsibilities all these while he was away, so he owes ur father a great deal and can not collect all the property, he can give some to ur dad
That’s not how the law work. Emergency lawyer
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2023
Is he the first son or not? If he is, then he's the Prodigal senior son. If not, then he's the badass Prodigal son.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by biggz82: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2023
Let me give the solution to the problem and make sure you thank m later.

Tell your father to mobad his elder brother
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by KendoRide: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2023
Listen to the whole truth and when you’re ready to stand on the side of the truth, di admit that your uncle owns the property he’s claiming.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by KIDfurniture(m): 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2023
Plz advise your father to hand over everything that belongs to him. Someone who spent 37 years abroad is a failure already & people like that keep bad people as friends like druggie , killys. Plz let him have it . He will still waste it all. Just tell ur dad to be in a look out for & v cash to buy back the property. He is a failure already .

Peter532:
Hello all,

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Levels1(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,

Your father is a dubious Man with a dubious character.

And you took after him honestly speaking if not I expect you to have corrected his greed attitude.

Either your father's elder brother travel for 100years without looking back and coming back with nothing is non of your father's or your business.

If yiur uncle is learned, i expect him to get your dad arrested and charge to court for trying to convert his father's properties to is personal own .

Your uncle is very stupid not to have requested for an account/audit report on the rents and the likes your fraudulent father has been collecting for years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by olril17(m): 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2023
Chrisviboy85:
Anyone here that commented saying the 1st son is a thief is really an unreasonable fellow..Firstly it's obvious your father and everyone thought this man was dead that was why he went ahead to renovate all those stuffs..if not someone would have advised him to put a stop or let him know those houses he is renovating might end up not being his..Your father should settle this amicable with him I don't know what tribe are you guys..but if it's IGBO then your dad is fighting a lost battle already..The best is to share those stuffs in peace..because at the end nobody will stand on the side of your dad..The elder has more upper hand than your dad..Na renovation your dad do..the properties were not his all along...
Every thought the man was dead or it was a just reasonable thing to do to repair a property that is rottening away.
So if you haven’t seen a family member for over 30 years and there’s a property to renovate you will just let the property decay because you don’t think the person is dead.
Sorry man but u no too get sense.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Archworld(m): 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:
Hello all,

This fight is actually not for you . Leave it for the elders to decide. It's easy to take side especially as your dad is involved.

However, there is something you should learn from this as son(both to your dad and to your uncle...in Africa palace you are their child irrespective of your present state of mind).

The lesson should be, build your own wealth no matter how wealthy your parents might be. Forget about that inheritance mentality. If you are building your wealth and become wealthy, you may never give a damn about your father's wealth. Imagine if your grandpa was lazy hence he couldn't secure those properties they are dragging for today

On the other hand, na who don chop dey bury person . If he comes back broke after 35 years it means it was never well with him
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Berankis: 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2023
jamesversion:
But he is still the first son na.

No offence, but your father should have properties of his own. Tradition is on the side of your uncle.

If you like carry my old rusty car go mechanic and turn it brand new, it remains mine.
And these are the youth that want to rebuild the country. "First son" indeed.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by fx45(m): 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2023
Exodus15v11:
If your father has documents as proof that he reconstructed them, then they are his. Your obviously-broke Uncle is no different from a thief trying to reap where he didn't sow.
I don't know the culture you come from but in my own culture you're all shades of wrong. The first son is the first son and he's entitled to his own share of the family property. It doesn't matter if he has wasted 100 years of his life in the abroad. That's nobody's business
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by olril17(m): 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2023
Levels1:

Your father is a dubious Man with a dubious character.

And you took after him honestly speaking if not I expect you to have corrected his greed attitude.

Either your father's elder brother travel for 100years without looking back and coming back with nothing is non of your father's or your business.

If yiur uncle is learned, i expect him to get your dad arrested and charge to court for trying to convert his father's properties to is personal own .

Your uncle is very stupid not to have requested for an account/audit report on the rents and the likes your fraudulent father has been collecting for years.

You’re are abusing another person’s dad.
Omo u be confirmed fool.
So if you’re a judge in real life this is how you judge the case?
With mumu human beings like you Nigeria has a long way to go.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Levels1(m): 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2023
Exodus15v11:
If your father has documents as proof that he reconstructed them, then they are his. Your obviously-broke Uncle is no different from a thief trying to reap where he didn't sow.

Can you hear yourself?

Does the proof translate to authorization to stylishly convert his father's properties to his?

And the rents and the likes he has been collecting is saved where?

Let call a spade a spade, the opps father is a thief and for trying to convert
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by olril17(m): 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2023
fx45:
I don't know the culture you come from but in my own culture you're all shades of wrong. The first son is the first son and he's entitled to his own share of the family property. It doesn't matter if he has wasted 100 years of his life in the abroad. That's nobody's business
Exactly he should be entitled to his fair share of the property. This case can be settled amicably among all parties.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Archworld(m): 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2023
Peter532:

My father has properties of his own. thank you.

Then he shouldn't be busy dragging archiach building with his elder brother. If he's brother has suffered for 35 years he should be allowed to have a taste of wealth before he dies . Someone who spent 35 years abroad no be small pikin again, he don nearly near grave
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Collins4u1(m): 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2023
I won't wanna say both you and your daddy are mad for trying to deprive him of his right.
when your father was renovating his late father's property what was his thinking.
it's obvious your father was a failure too, otherwise he ought to have built his own house within that 30+years.
make una dey careful for that family.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Ikennaford: 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2023
OP even if your father used gold and diamond to renovate the said, is still not his, birth right na birth right, sorry dear op
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by Levels1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2023
olril17:

You’re are abusing another person’s dad.
Omo u be confirmed fool.
So if you’re a judge in real life this is how you judge the case?
With mumu human beings like you Nigeria has a long way to go.

You are very stupid you this olofo.

The way he was sounding is more or less supporting his Dad fraudulent act... If he's a good Son, he should have advise his Dad that he's wrong
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by olril17(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2023
Levels1:

Can you hear yourself?

Does the proof translate to authorization to stylishly convert his father's properties to his?

And the rents and the likes he has been collecting is saved where?

Let call a spade a spade, the opps father is a thief and for trying to convert
So it’s the fault of the father that the useless good for nothing uncle was away for that long?
So the father should just left the property to rot and decayed because they are in endless wait for someone they haven’t seen in 37 years?
The father obviously has spent money to renovate part of the estate according to the guy some were even from the scratch.
Then a man they haven’t seen in 37 years suddenly showed up to fight for same properties.
Of course the father should be feel wronged and cheated it’s basically human nature and you yourself will feel the same so it’s not a case where such properties can be easily handed over,it’s not the fault of the guys father the brother stayed away for that long.
But what is reasonable when temper eventually calm is to however ensure the useless uncle was given what is entitled to him,his fair share of the property but cognizance of what has been spent to renovate the estate must also be given so nobody will be the so much on the loosing side even if that’s not really possible.
You calling another person’s dad thief shows how useless and brainless you are. You’re just as useless as the foolish uncle shamefully dragging property after 37 years of failure of which was not body’s fault but his own.
Re: After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. by olril17(m): 5:10pm On Sep 19, 2023
Levels1:

You are very stupid you this olofo.

The way he was sounding is more or less supporting his Dad fraudulent act... If he's a good Son, he should have advise his Dad that he's wrong
Baba ee oloriburuku loon bawii.
I’ve already replied you in another post so go digest.
Fuul

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obituary Poster Of Emeka Nnatuanya, Man Set Ablaze By Wife In Kano / New Year Post Wedding Pictures With My Beautiful Wife / Woman Crushed 4 Days To Her Wedding In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.