Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 (12989 Views)

Nigeria Stock Market At Highest Level In 15 Years, Gain 18.9% In The First Half / 19 States Recorded N149.45bn IGR In Q3 – NBS / Dangote Invests N400bn In Sugar Backward Integration Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 11:43am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

I just sent you stats but that clearly means nothing to you. The Igbos got richer even when the rest of you got poorer.
and keep on asking you why can’t you sit your ass down in alaibo and live in your eldorado? If not for just your usual chest beat you should know that you guys are disadvantaged. Those goods you sell on Lagos,who are your major buyer if not yorubas, there is a reason for that which we have the purchasing power and we are the ones feeding you without us you are nothing😂
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Ogun has more poverty than Anambra and Imo added together. What is the use of industry if it only produces poverty.
Ogun has 3.8 million people in poverty, Anambra has only 1.6million.
so I should believe the rubbish you post just cos u said so. I knew you were not intelligent because you won’t have ask that stupid question omo ode
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
and keep on asking you why can’t you sit your ass down in alaibo and live in your eldorado? If not for just your usual chest beat you should know that you guys are disadvantaged. Those goods you sell on Lagos,who are your major buyer if not yorubas, there is a reason for that which we have the purchasing power and we are the ones feeding you without us you are nothing😂
You seem confused. The Lagos market is not a Yoruba market. It's a mixed market. Who buys our goods? All Nigerians living in Lagos and not just Yorubas.
Again when you buy my goods, you are not doing me a favor. We are but providing benefits to each other. Please go back to secondary school Economics.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
so I should believe the rubbish you post just cos u said so. I knew you were not intelligent because you won’t have ask that stupid question omo ode
Lol. Do you read. Do your own research and you will come to same conclusion.
Ogun state has more poor people than Anambra and Imo put together.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by Advocate1810(m): 11:50am On Sep 21, 2023
[quote author=ManirBK post=125908665]

https://dailytrust.com/lagos-hits-n400bn-igr-in-first-half-of-2023/[/quote
Lagos IGR can feed entire SE
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

You seem confused. The Lagos market is not a Yoruba market. It's a mixed market. Who buys our goods? All Nigerians living in Lagos and not just Yorubas.
Again when you buy my goods, you are not doing me a favor. We are but providing benefits to each other. Please go back to secondary school Economics.
so who are majority of the buyers if not yorubas, and not just Lagos but the entire Sw.why not go do your people in alaibo that favour if hunger no go kill you😂
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
so who are majority of the buyers if not yorubas, and not just Lagos but the entire Sw.why not go do your people in alaibo that favour if hunger no go kill you😂
Oga I am data driven not emotionally driven. Please present your numbers. Again we have Igbo traders all over the north, in Togo, Ghana, ivory coast. In fact Igbos are major traders in many countries in Africa so Yorubas can be our major buyers.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 11:56am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Lol. Do you read. Do your own research and you will come to same conclusion.
Ogun state has more poor people than Anambra and Imo put together.
so why your people full Ogun state Dey commit all form of crime😂 oga show us verifiably stats and not all this mouth action.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 11:59am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
so why your people full Ogun state Dey commit all form of crime😂 oga show us verifiably stats and not all this mouth action.
We don't commit crimes in Ogun state we sell. Note, Oyo also has 3.8 million poor people.
Click the link below to get more numbers and all the facts you want.
https://www.nairaland.com/7444949/number-poor-people-nigeria-geo
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 11:59am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Oga I am data driven not emotionally driven. Please present your numbers. Again we have Igbo traders all over the north, in Togo, Ghana, ivory coast. In fact Igbos are major traders in many countries in Africa so Yorubas can be our major buyers.
I thought Yorubas are not your major buyers😂 okoro,why not go sell them in alaibo amongst ur so called rich populace why come sell am for Yoruba land if hunger no go kill you
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
I thought Yorubas are not your major buyers😂 okoro,why not go sell them in alaibo amongst ur so called rich populace why come sell am for Yoruba land if hunger no go kill you
We sell all over Africa. Yoruba land just happens to be one of our markets.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

We don't commit crimes in Ogun state we sell. Note, Oyo also has 3.8 million poor people.
Click the link below to get more numbers and all the facts you want.
https://www.nairaland.com/7444949/number-poor-people-nigeria-geo
you don’t commit crimes you say? That most be the biggest joke I heard in a longtime🤣oga if that stats ain’t coming from NBS which is the relevant body, then you can shove it in your ass. So make fake stats u guys circulate on here
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

We sell all over Africa. Yoruba land just happens to be one of our markets.
that’s why I am trying to educate u that,u guys don’t have the purchasing power otherwise you won’t be everywhere selling petty things like phone chargers etc or how many Yoruba Man U don see Dey go sell petty things for east?
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
that’s why I am trying to educate u that,u guys don’t have the purchasing power otherwise you won’t be everywhere selling petty things like phone chargers etc or how many Yoruba Man U don see Dey go sell petty things for east?
Lool your argument is dumb. Germany is one of the top sellers of cars are you saying they don't have purchasing power to buy cars. At least, you can think before you post.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
you don’t commit crimes you say? That most be the biggest joke I heard in a longtime🤣oga if that stats ain’t coming from NBS which is the relevant body, then you can shove it in your ass. So make fake stats u guys circulate on here
Lool. There are many good sources of stats. Pls educate yourself on that. I can't teach you everything.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Lool your argument is dumb. Germany is one of the top sellers of cars are you saying they don't have purchasing power to buy cars. At least, you can think before you post.
Mugu, you are not inteligent and probably a school drop out thats why your comparism as been really stupid. You are comparing a manufacturing companies that produce and export with a local trader that sells imported substandard goods? You sbould be ashamed of yourself for coming to a public forum to display your lack of education. I am done with you before you bring me down to your level😂...have a nice day!
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
Mugu, you are not inteligent and probably a school drop out thats why your comparism as been really stupid. You are comparing a manufacturing companies that produce and export with a local trader that sells imported substandard goods? You sbould be ashamed of yourself for coming to a public forum to display your lack of education. I am done with you before you bring me down to your level😂...have a nice day!
Lol if the German example is not good enough for you then how about Singapore. It produces very little but it's a top top trader nation.
As I keep saying, no need to insult you. I will just keep schooling you. Dubia is another city that depends on trade and not manufacturing.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Lol if the German example is not good enough for you then how about Singapore. It produces very little but it's a top top trader nation.
As I keep saying, no need to insult you. I will just keep schooling you. Dubia is another city that depends on trade and not manufacturing.
go and educate your petty trade association with your nonsensical comparism, and you even keep making stupid comparism just to make a point lol, you are a petty trader that buy and sell to make lil profit, and you guys sell almost the samething, so tell me who go buy am, if not the people who have the purchasing power and largely that can be found in the Sw not just lagos. Now let me educate you further most yorubas are working in blue chip companies and mostly in the corporate world, and we also have industries scattered around Sw majorly Lagos, ogun and oyo and some in other Sw state, this industries are majorly employed by yorubas and also we have human capacity even in the unskilled sector. More compare with an average ibo who is majorly a trader, that buys and sell, who will have higher purchasing power? Its just commonsense i just to i needed to educate you since you obviously lack one and i wont engage you further!
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
go and educate your petty trade association with your nonsensical comparism, and you even keep making stupid comparism just to make a point lol, you are a petty trader that buy and sell to make lil profit, and you guys sell almost the samething, so tell me who go buy am, if not the people who have the purchasing power and largely that can be found in the Sw not just lagos. Now let me educate you further most yorubas are working in blue chip companies and mostly in the corporate world, and we also have industries scattered around Sw majorly Lagos, ogun and oyo and some in other Sw state, this industries are majorly employed by yorubas and also we have human capacity even in the unskilled sector. More compare with an average ibo who is majorly a trader, that buys and sell, who will have higher purchasing power? Its just commonsense i just to i needed to educate you since you obviously lack one and i wont engage you further!
We sell the same thing because people keep buying it. If no one is buying we would have gone out of business.
Why I agree that the SW has more industries but still we import most products. That is to tell you that the SW industries have very low industrial output compared to import and trade. In Nigeria of today, there is more money in import and trade than manufacturing.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
More education for you, the SW may have more multinational industries but when it comes to SMEs, the SE especially Anambra leads the way.https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/anambra-has-highest-number-of-smes-in-nigeria-aganga/
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
The SW leads in industry and poverty that tells you something is broken in that region.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

We sell the same thing because people keep buying it. If no one is buying we would have gone out of business.
Why I agree that the SW has more industries but still we import most products. That is to tell you that the SW industries have very low industrial output compared to import and trade. In Nigeria of today, there is more money in import and trade than manufacturing.
honestly you re really not sound, just take a look at what you just typed? Most of the goods you buy in the markets are produced from where? And how does a country grow, when all we do is import? Thats why you people import all manner of nonsense and resell just to make quick money and you call that business. Dont worry na small time remain you guys will be put out of business
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

The SW leads in industry and poverty that tells you something is broken in that region.
ode, Se is the poverty capital of south, keep fooling yourself even the trend of migration from east to west says it all...olodo😂
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
ode, Se is the poverty capital of south, keep fooling yourself even the trend of migration from east to west says it all...olodo😂
I understand that the truth is bitter but with over 7 million poor people from Ogun and Oyo alone, we know where the poor people are from
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
honestly you re really not sound, just take a look at what you just typed? Most of the goods you buy in the markets are produced from where? And how does a country grow, when all we do is import? Thats why you people import all manner of nonsense and resell just to make quick money and you call that business. Dont worry na small time remain you guys will be put out of business
Nigeria relies on imports and trade not manufacturing. So clearly, the industries in the SW are not contributing more than the Igbo traders.
Now you admit that the Igbos are making quick money.
As for being put out of business, there are over 100 industries in the SW that have been put out if business in the last 6 years and many are in terrible shape.
Even a giant like GSK had to go out but the Igbo traders still stands.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Nigeria relies on imports and trade not manufacturing. So clearly, the industries in the SW are not contributing more than the Igbo traders.
Now you admit that the Igbos are making quick money.
As for being put out of business, there are over 100 industries in the SW that have been put out if business in the last 6 years and many are in terrible shape.
Even a giant like GSK had to go out but the Igbo traders still stands.
I just confirm you be real Mugu, comparing petty traders with manufacturing companies? Let even have agree some have closed down, does that mean others are not functioning. And what is your total value of all your petty business in Lagos compared to a company like just dangote? You must really be sick with all this rubbish comparison. You need to really educate yourself because you are just disgracing your ancestors
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

I understand that the truth is bitter but with over 7 million poor people from Ogun and Oyo alone, we know where the poor people are from
gerrut with your nonsense jor, Una get money and Una no fit stay Se and make it there till you migrate to Sw and you Dey talk about poverty in Sw. You a clown honestly if I reply you again make I bend…now face front😂
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
I just confirm you be real Mugu, comparing petty traders with manufacturing companies? Let even have agree some have closed down, does that mean others are not functioning. And what is your total value of all your petty business in Lagos compared to a company like just dangote? You must really be sick with all this rubbish comparison. You need to really educate yourself because you are just disgracing your ancestors
You are from a country where almost everything you use is imported. Your manufacturing sector is dying and your trading and importation is booming. So keep fooling yourself. Trade accounts for a larger percentage of your economy than manufacturing.
The SW if filled with struggling industries. Yet you depend on traders for food, drugs, cosmetics, clothing, household products, electronics and many more. How many of these do you produce in the SW. These are mostly brought in and distributed by the Igbos.
Dangote only dominates a few industries while Igbo traders are into every product.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
gerrut with your nonsense jor, Una get money and Una no fit stay Se and make it there till you migrate to Sw and you Dey talk about poverty in Sw. You a clown honestly if I reply you again make I bend…now face front😂
We are all over Africa not just in the SW. The SW has over 16 million people in poverty compared to just 10 million in the SE.
Ogun alone has 280,000 out of school kids compared to just 30k in Anambra. That's almost 10x.
The SW used to be no 1 in the nation but it keeps falling. It's becoming a big disappointment
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
At least 1 in 10 kids in Osun is out of school
https://www.osundefender.com/osun-records-highest-number-of-out-of-school-children/
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
My bad, over 700k out of school kids in Ogun state.
https://dailytrust.com/ogun-has-over-700000-out-of-school-children/
The SW used to be number 1 in education but see how the mighty has fallen.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by lawani: 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Without the other tribes, Lagos would be just like Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, or Osun or maybe worse. The only difference Lagos had is the non indigene factor. So before you start complaining of stressing your resources, count your blessings and be grateful for the presence of Igbo.

The same is truer for Abuja, Onitsha, Port Harcourt and Kaduna. So why mention only Lagos?. All those places are not more cosmopolitan than each other and the only difference is the higher total population in Lagos. If they ask everybody to return home, it is Yoruba cities that will swell in population most. Ibadan will surpass Lagos etc etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Long Can You Go Without Spending Money? / Over 2,000 Nigerians Receive Startup Funds From Consummate Traders - Ishaku / Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.