Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 (12987 Views)

Nigeria Stock Market At Highest Level In 15 Years, Gain 18.9% In The First Half / 19 States Recorded N149.45bn IGR In Q3 – NBS / Dangote Invests N400bn In Sugar Backward Integration Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by lawani: 4:33am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Your arguments here are not really good. If the Igbos have been laying claims to Lagos then Lagos GDP is great news for Igbos.
And the fact that one guy argued with a bus driver is no excuse for your tribalism.

There are more Igbos in Lagos than in Anambra so if Lagos IGR is great it's partly due to the Igbo contribution.
More Igbos contribute to the IGR of Lagos than that of any other Igbo state.
So why do you think this isn't great news for the Igbos?
There is nothing special Igbos add to Lagos more than the Lebanese, Chinese, Indians and etc. Yorubas do more in PH, Kaduna, Onitsha, Maiduguri, Jos, London etc than Igbos do in Lagos or will ever be able to do in Lagos. Lagos only has more population than others is the difference but not more cosmopolitan than PH, Abuja and others. If other states tackle IGR like Lagos is doing then they will make it according to their population size compared to Lagos. Anambra can make over one quarter of Lagos IGR and Yorubas in the place spend billions every day. Therefore stop saying Igbos are adding anything at all to Yoruba land that Yoruba are not adding to Igbo land because if you stay anywhere you will spend money there and in Lagos for now the average Igbo business pay no tax

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 5:50am On Sep 21, 2023
AntiChristian:

How much tax Una dey pay?
Where can we find the evidence of this 95%?

Why can't they invest in their region and pay the 95%at home to develop their territory?

Charity begins at home!
there own charity no Dey start from home oo, they were created to develop other peoples land🤣 while there land remains undeveloped, very senseless people if you ask me

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 5:55am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Your arguments here are not really good. If the Igbos have been laying claims to Lagos then Lagos GDP is great news for Igbos.
And the fact that one guy argued with a bus driver is no excuse for your tribalism.

There are more Igbos in Lagos than in Anambra so if Lagos IGR is great it's partly due to the Igbo contribution.
More Igbos contribute to the IGR of Lagos than that of any other Igbo state.
So why do you think this isn't great news for the Igbos?
why not go contribute that IGR in alaibo since you people have so much money, or don’t you think alaibo needs it more? Now they say alaibo as been turned to burial ground because it’s only when an ibo man dies they remember home, how pathetic!
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by BabaO2: 7:38am On Sep 21, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

When last did you visit that your leper colony village in Osuland ?

I think you need to go back and reconnect with your roots instead of complaining of governance in a foreign land.

Ohu.
wink
Shaki nse bi ora
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by Blackdisciple(m): 8:19am On Sep 21, 2023
Good one but then should do the needful
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 8:26am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
why not go contribute that IGR in alaibo since you people have so much money, or don’t you think alaibo needs it more? Now they say alaibo as been turned to burial ground because it’s only when an ibo man dies they remember home, how pathetic!
Well personally, I don't care so much about IGR. It's basically more money for governors to steal.
The Igbo way of life is actually a brilliant one. They go around the world to make money and come back home to build beautiful homes and to rest.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 8:37am On Sep 21, 2023
lawani:

There is nothing special Igbos add to Lagos more than the Lebanese, Chinese, Indians and etc. Yorubas do more in PH, Kaduna, Onitsha, Maiduguri, Jos, London etc than Igbos do in Lagos or will ever be able to do in Lagos. Lagos only has more population than others is the difference but not more cosmopolitan than PH, Abuja and others. If other states tackle IGR like Lagos is doing then they will make it according to their population size compared to Lagos. Anambra can make over one quarter of Lagos IGR and Yorubas in the place spend billions every day. Therefore stop saying Igbos are adding anything at all to Yoruba land that Yoruba are not adding to Igbo land because if you stay anywhere you will spend money there and in Lagos for now the average Igbo business pay no tax

Everything you said is your personal opinion and you are wrong.

I have no problem with what Yorubas do in PH, Abuja and anywhere in Nigeria because I am no tribalist. And I support their achievements.

But then, the formal minister of the FTC, el-Rufai confessed that Igbos own 73% of the property in Abuja.

The formal governor of Plateau said the same about Jos.

Rabiu Kwankwaso said Igbos own more land in the north than the entire south east.

So clearly, Igbos are contributing to every state of Nigeria.

You claim that the average Igbo man pays no tax to that, I will say that you are uninformed.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 8:44am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Well personally, I don't care so much about IGR. It's basically more money for governors to steal.
The Igbo way of life is actually a brilliant one. They go around the world to make money and come back home to build beautiful homes and to rest.
beautiful home on gully erosion lands and bad road kwa😂 beautiful home wey na empty buildings that you only visit only once’s in a year or you go and bury your dead, like I always say, an average ibo needs Lagos more than Lagos need her. You can only deceive yourself with your imaginary tax. For you info I have been to the east and I know your place very well, it is only those that haven’t been there you can decieve with your propaganda!
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by lawani: 8:45am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Everything you said is your personal opinion and you are wrong.

I have no problem with what Yorubas do in PH, Abuja and anywhere in Nigeria because I am no tribalist. And I support their achievements.

But then, the formal minister of the FTC, el-Rufai confessed that Igbos own 73% of the property in Abuja.

The formal governor of Plateau said the same about Jos.

Rabiu Kwankwaso said Igbos own more land in the north than the entire south east.

So clearly, Igbos are contributing to every state of Nigeria.

You claim that the average Igbo man pays no tax to that, I will say that you are uninformed.

The informal economy of Lagos which is eighty percent under Yoruba control is yet to start paying tax and the majority of Igbos in Lagos are part of the informal economy of Lagos. People have gone to the land registry in Abuja and found the El rufai claim to be false. Only God knows why he made the claim. The number one state with most landlords in Abuja is Katsina according to reports Igbos can not own land in the North more than SE because the entire built up area of Nigeria may not exceed maybe Niger state if up to that and the rest will be farmland and etc. Use your own head and not be listening to politicians. There is no Nigerian city containing more Igbos than Yorubas except Igbo cities
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 8:50am On Sep 21, 2023
lawani:

The informal economy of Lagos which is eighty percent under Yoruba control is yet to start paying tax and the majority of Igbos in Lagos are part of the informal economy of Lagos. People have gone to the land registry in Abuja and found the El rufai claim to be false. Only God knows why he made the claim. The number one state with most landlords in Abuja is Katsina according to reports Igbos can not own land in the North more than SE because the entire built up area of Nigeria may not exceed maybe Niger state if up to that and the rest will be farmland and etc. Use your own head and not be listening to politicians. There is no Nigerian city containing more Igbos than Yorubas except Igbo cities

You speak with out stats. Who said Lagos is 80% under Yoruba control? You don't just make up figures for the sake of argument.
Again you claim El rufai claim is false still without pointing to any evidence.
No one will take you serious if you don't have evidence backing your arguments.
Have a nice day
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 8:54am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
beautiful home on gully erosion lands and bad road kwa😂 beautiful home wey na empty buildings that you only visit only once’s in a year or you go and bury your dead, like I always say, an average ibo needs Lagos more than Lagos need her. You can only deceive yourself with your imaginary tax. For you info I have been to the east and I know your place very well, it is only those that haven’t been there you can decieve with your propaganda!

Japan has earthquakes. Erosion is natural. And I have been to every state in the SW.
The idea that Lagos does not need the Igbos is your personal idea and it is false. If Lagos doesn't need the Igbos, they would not be making money in Lagos, that's simple Economics for you.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by lawani: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

You speak with out stats. Who said Lagos is 80% under Yoruba control? You don't just make up figures for the sake of argument.
Again you claim El rufai claim is false still without pointing to any evidence.
No one will take you serious if you don't have evidence backing your arguments.
Have a nice day

What percentage of Lagos informal economy do you think is Yoruba controlled?. 80 percent is just an estimate but markets, artisans, transportation private schools, hotels, petrol stations, bakeries etc etc. What percentage do you think is Yoruba?.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 9:06am On Sep 21, 2023
lawani:

What percentage of Lagos informal economy do you think is Yoruba controlled?. 80 percent is just an estimate but markets, artisans, transportation private schools, hotels, petrol stations, bakeries etc etc. What percentage do you think is Yoruba?.
Oga I know you are educated so you should see the error in your question. To determine what percentage of the economy controlled by the Yorubas you shouldn't depend on guess work. You can only know who controls the economy after a survey conducted by professionals. If not, we would both argue based on guesswork and sentiments.
Again, it's clear you don't know the meaning of an informal economy. Hotels, petrol stations, and schools are not part of an informal economy.
Clearly you are taking on a topic that seems to be above your present level.
Who told you that Yorubas own more hotels or schools? Where are you getting your information from?
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 9:08am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Japan has earthquakes. Erosion is natural. And I have been to every state in the SW.
The idea that Lagos does not need the Igbos is your personal idea and it is false. If Lagos doesn't need the Igbos, they would not be making money in Lagos, that's simple Economics for you.
read what u wrote if it made any sense to you. So in your deluded mind Lagos need ibos? Why not migrate back to your enclaves in droves and see who needs who.the problem with you guys is this your over bearing attitude, before ibos started migrating to Lagos, my home state Lagos has been existing and doing very fine, rather you guys came and saturated every with your fake wares and over stretch our infrastructures, lot like anyone wrote a letter inviting you guys here but you did that for economic reasons.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 9:10am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
read what u wrote if it made any sense to you. So in your deluded mind Lagos need ibos? Why not migrate back to your enclaves in droves and see who needs who.the problem with you guys is this your over bearing attitude, before ibos started migrating to Lagos, my home state Lagos has been existing and doing very fine, rather you guys came and saturated every with your fake wares and over stretch our infrastructures, lot like anyone wrote a letter inviting you guys here but you did that for economic reasons.
You talk like a child. If the Igbos sell fake wares, they would be out of business by now. That pure Economics.
Please mention the infrastructure that the Igbos over stretch.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

You talk like a child. If the Igbos sell fake wares, they would be out of business by now. That pure Economics.
Please mention the infrastructure that the Igbos over stretch.
now I understand your level of intelligence, just imagine the stupid reasons you gave. Now let me explain things to you in a lay man’s way. You over stretching our infrastructure is evident to a blind man, even with the cause of traffic and also overcrowded residential buildings and market should tell you something except u don’t know the meaning of infrastructure. And also talking about business, you guys a just petty traders and there is nothing special in what you do than just you importing fake and substandard china goods. You can argue all you want, with or without you we have always been doing fine and just pray this country don’t disintegrate because then you will understand you need Nigeria more than it need you guys!
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by oyoofong(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2023
They have done more than. What is declared is official figures. When all agencies both regulatory and otherwise are turn to revenue generating agency. It's killing what businesses are going through in the hands of LASG officials. Other states are copying these bad character of revenue drive from them.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 9:38am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
now I understand your level of intelligence, just imagine the stupid reasons you gave. Now let me explain things to you in a lay man’s way. You over stretching our infrastructure is evident to a blind man, even with the cause of traffic and also overcrowded residential buildings and market should tell you something except u don’t know the meaning of infrastructure. And also talking about business, you guys a just petty traders and there is nothing special in what you do than just you importing fake and substandard china goods. You can argue all you want, with or without you we have always been doing fine and just pray this country don’t disintegrate because then you will understand you need Nigeria more than it need you guys!

I will not insult you but I would rather teach you.
When you were in school, I assume you were taught demand and supply. Your teachers believed you would be able to apply this in real world.
If the services of the Igbos are not in demand, market forces would have uprooted them. The Igbos strive in Lagos because their services are in great demand.
Now to the housing. Why do you think that real estate is booming in Lagos more than any other state. Why do you think landlords in Lagos are richer than in most states. The Igbos pay for housing, pay for land, pay omoonile, pay for transport and thereby bring in billions into the states economy.
Everyone wants to have property in Lagos because of the great demand brought about by population.
Please refer to your old secondary school text to understand how Economics work. Thanks
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 9:56am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

I will not insult you but I would rather teach you.
When you were in school, I assume you were taught demand and supply. Your teachers believed you would be able to apply this in real world.
If the services of the Igbos are not in demand, market forces would have uprooted them. The Igbos strive in Lagos because their services are in great demand.
Now to the housing. Why do you think that real estate is booming in Lagos more than any other state. Why do you think landlords in Lagos are richer than in most states. The Igbos pay for housing, pay for land, pay omoonile, pay for transport and thereby bring in billions into the states economy.
Everyone wants to have property in Lagos because of the great demand brought about by population.
Please refer to your old secondary school text to understand how Economics work. Thanks
stop trying to sound intelligent, I am sure some people will already be laughing at the explanation you gave. So just because you are paying rent or buying land or properties or paying transportation, does not mean you aren’t overstretching our infrastructure. For the fact that you migrate to Lagos in droves already prove my point so enough with the rubbish you are writing.

If you guys should stay back home, do you think the landlords will have a need to increase rent or need for more estates? I am indigene of Lagos, born and breed so I knew how serene our environment was before you guys started migrating in drove and it’s not like it’s gonna stop anytime soon. And pls don’t educate me with your fake stats about demand and supply because, the business you engage in can also be done by other tribes if you leave!
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 10:02am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
stop trying to sound intelligent, I am sure some people will already be laughing at the explanation you gave. So just because you are paying rent or buying land or properties or paying transportation, does not mean you aren’t overstretching our infrastructure. For the fact that you migrate to Lagos in droves already prove my point so enough with the rubbish you are writing.

If you guys should stay back home, do you think the landlords will have a need to increase rent or need for more estates? I am indigene of Lagos, born and breed so I knew how serene our environment was before you guys started migrating in drove and it’s not like it’s gonna stop anytime soon. And pls don’t educate me with your fake stats about demand and supply because, the business you engage in can also be done by other tribes if you leave!
Let me keep educating you rather than insulting you. Because Lagos state housing and transport sector is in demand, it is producing more jobs and feeding more families. If everyone left Lagos, it would lead to what we call a recession.
Now, let's assume for argument sake that there are 1 million Igbo households in Lagos. If each pays a rent of 100 thousand a year, calculate what that brings to the economy. Are you ready to lose that just because of hatred and tribalism?
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by lawani: 10:04am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Oga I know you are educated so you should see the error in your question. To determine what percentage of the economy controlled by the Yorubas you shouldn't depend on guess work. You can only know who controls the economy after a survey conducted by professionals. If not, we would both argue based on guesswork and sentiments.
Again, it's clear you don't know the meaning of an informal economy. Hotels, petrol stations, and schools are not part of an informal economy.
Clearly you are taking on a topic that seems to be above your present level.
Who told you that Yorubas own more hotels or schools? Where are you getting your information from?

I have to use eighty percent because you people keep saying Yorubas are nowhere to be found in Lagos. So eighty perçent is my estimate. Majority of traders which is the forte of Igbos are Yorubas, so what is left? Is it artisans, transporters etc. Hotels, petrol stations, schools etc actually pay PAYE in Lagos but like ten percent of what they should so they are still largely informal and traders don't pay at all. Eighty percent of civil servant are Yoruba. So in the absence of data, I will be using eighty percent
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 10:09am On Sep 21, 2023
lawani:

I have to use eighty percent because you people keep saying Yorubas are nowhere to be found in Lagos. So eighty perçent is my estimate. Majority of traders which is the forte of Igbos are Yorubas, so what is left? Is it artisans, transporters etc. Hotels, petrol stations, schools etc actually pay PAYE in Lagos but like ten percent of what they should so they are still largely informal and traders don't pay at all. Eighty percent of civil servant are Yoruba. So in the absence of data, I will be using eighty percent
Please how did you come about your figure? For example, I know most bus drivers speak Yoruba but how many of them are truly Yorubas. And even if most of the are Yorubas, how many bus owners are Yorubas. I know many Igbos that own vehicles with Yoruba drivers. Please defend your figure.
As for civil servants, they add very little to any economy. They are paid from money generated by businesses.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:

One more point.
Every single state governor will kill to have Lagos housing boom. But what do you know.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 10:22am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Let me keep educating you rather than insulting you. Because Lagos state housing and transport sector is in demand, it is producing more jobs and feeding more families. If everyone left Lagos, it would lead to what we call a recession.
Now, let's assume for argument sake that there are 1 million Igbo households in Lagos. If each pays a rent of 100 thousand a year, calculate what that brings to the economy. Are you ready to lose that just because of hatred and tribalism?
this will by last response to you because you are clearly not intelligent. My argument was you guys ever stretching our infrastructure, and here you are talking about demand. If the infrastructure structure was not overstretched, will there be demand? Pls find out the meaning of infrastructure and there maybe you get your answer. Now if those 1million ibo household relocate to alaibo do you know how beneficial that will be to your economy? So why no go use that to develop your land like we care. An ibo man does not have the morals to talk about hatred because you guys are full of it and it’s a well known fact and I have live amongst your people in the east and I can attest to that, just very few of your people are welcoming that’s why majority of people living and doing business in the east are just ibos.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
this will by last response to you because you are clearly not intelligent. My argument was you guys ever stretching our infrastructure, and here you are talking about demand. If the infrastructure structure was not overstretched, will there be demand? Pls find out the meaning of infrastructure and there maybe you get your answer. Now if those 1million ibo household relocate to alaibo do you know how beneficial that will be to your economy? So why no go use that to develop your land like we care. An ibo man does not have the morals to talk about hatred because you guys are full of it and it’s a well known fact and I have live amongst your people in the east and I can attest to that, just very few of your people are welcoming that’s why majority of people living and doing business in the east are just ibos.
More education for you.
The argument of overstressed infrastructure is actually childish. There is no economy in an unused resource. Every great city in the world grew as more people came to depend on its resources. It's only on Nairaland that you get the argument that a growing city is somehow an economic disadvantage.
Globally, dipopulating cities are getting poorer. Eg Detroit. And cities with growing population are getting Richer Eg Jakarta.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 10:36am On Sep 21, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
More education
Lagos is many many time richer than it was when only Yorubas lived there. The wealth of Lagos is directly proportional to its population growth.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by lawani: 10:40am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

Please how did you come about your figure? For example, I know most bus drivers speak Yoruba but how many of them are truly Yorubas. And even if most of the are Yorubas, how many bus owners are Yorubas. I know many Igbos that own vehicles with Yoruba drivers. Please defend your figure.
As for civil servants, they add very little to any economy. They are paid from money generated by businesses.

I have done my homework and realized that in any viable nation, ten percent of the workforce should be in the civil service and it is because of them you can have a good nation. Lagos has 500k, so I think working population is over five million. As time goes on they will employ more including teachers, revenue officers, traffic, security, ministries etc. That is the only way. 5 million total workers in Lagos and 20 million total population is still ok. Osun has around 5 million total population and should ordinarily have like 1.3 million working population and over 100k civil servants but they have maybe 20 to 30k. It is the same story all over the country. Only Lagos is serious. I know any business in Lagos has Igbos and even Ladipo have Yorubas and in Onitsha PH or Aba many businesses have Yoruba owners but the dominant group is what I am talking about. If 80 percent of drivers are Yorubas then roughly the same percentage will be owners but the driver is more important since he is the worker and no bus driver is making less than 10k per day in a place like Lagos. There are Igbos in Lagos but not as much as Yorubas in other places and if Yoruba are not making any fuss or noise about their contributions in those places, why should Igbos be directing attention to themselves? That is the issue. If you doubt me just go on Quora and search Nigerian cities to check who registered as residents of places like Kaduna Abuja Port Harcourt etc and you will find more Yoruba than Igbos. We are no longer in the era of fighting wars, so if you are outside your territory, you have to align with your hosts. How many Yorubas in the east who are in their millions do you see online fighting with Easterners?
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by lawani: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

More education
Lagos is many many time richer than it was when only Yorubas lived there. The wealth of Lagos is directly proportional to its population growth.

It is truer for Abuja, Port Harcourt and even Onitsha
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 10:44am On Sep 21, 2023
lawani:

It is truer for Abuja, Port Harcourt and even Onitsha
Childish response.
More education for you.
Why do you think Lagos is many times richer than Ogun, Oyo, Ondo and Ekiti, are they not all Yoruba states? The difference Lagos has is it's non indigenes. That's what makes Lagos unique and richer.
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by SonOfDSoil01: 10:47am On Sep 21, 2023
tctrills:

One more point.
Every single state governor will kill to have Lagos housing boom. But what do you know.
why not go replicate it in Alaibo so others too will kill to have it😂
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by lawani: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2023
Oyo and Ogun combined can generate 130 percent of Lagos revenue in three months if they are willing to. So there is no big deal in Lagos
Re: Lagos Hits N400bn IGR In First Half Of 2023 by tctrills: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2023
lawani:

I have done my homework and realized that in any viable nation, ten percent of the workforce should be in the civil service and it is because of them you can have a good nation. Lagos has 500k, so I think working population is over five million. As time goes on they will employ more including teachers, revenue officers, traffic, security, ministries etc. That is the only way. 5 million total workers in Lagos and 20 million total population is still ok. Osun has around 5 million total population and should ordinarily have like 1.3 million working population and over 100k civil servants but they have maybe 20 to 30k. It is the same story all over the country. Only Lagos is serious. I know any business in Lagos has Igbos and even Ladipo have Yorubas and in Onitsha PH or Aba many businesses have Yoruba owners but the dominant group is what I am talking about. If 80 percent of drivers are Yorubas then roughly the same percentage will be owners but the driver is more important since he is the worker and no bus driver is making less than 10k per day in a place like Lagos. There are Igbos in Lagos but not as much as Yorubas in other places and if Yoruba are not making any fuss or noise about their contributions in those places, why should Igbos be directing attention to themselves? That is the issue. If you doubt me just go on Quora and search Nigerian cities to check who registered as residents of places like Kaduna Abuja Port Harcourt etc and you will find more Yoruba than Igbos. We are no longer in the era of fighting wars, so if you are outside your territory, you have to align with your hosts. How many Yorubas in the east who are in their millions do you see online fighting with Easterners?
First, your research on civil servants is wrong. No two states have or need the exact same proportion of civil servants.
Once you begin to present data, we would have enough to discuss. But right now, you are all over the place.
For example, you claim more Yorubas are in Kaduna. Could you give me your data source? I am waiting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators / Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria / How Long Can You Go Without Spending Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.