Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations (53104 Views)

2019 Soundcity MVP Awards Winners' List / See Full Winners List At Soundcity MVP Awards 2019 / Soundcity MVP Awards Winners (See FULL List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Caaz: 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
Spotify and Boomplay should do the same.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Exceed15: 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
Phraences:

You think it's about whether he killed him physically?? He bullied and assaulted him mentally, emotionally and psychologically. The boy became hypertensive. There was a video of Sam Larry harrasing him on set in JUNE 2023. They were still chasing this boy. Naira Marley will never survive this. Nigerians don't forgive betrayal. Naira might not have killed his body but he tormented him till he died. This is unforgivable.

Hmmm... I see why accusing finger is pointing to him. It is well bro.
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Gofwane(m): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
If na for O block in Chicago now, them for don light his a$$ up shocked
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Earthquakes: 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nigerians never liked him, they're just pouring their old anger on him, do you think the reaction will be the same if it was WizKid or burna let's not mention Davido, some people will still defend him even if he was caught with guns grin

5 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by VilleTV: 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
How I Stop Mohbad's Father From Bury His Son That Same Midnight he Dead - Chairman of Okorodu Landlord

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFGzWqdixU

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Phraences: 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
When you see the videos of Mohbad singing, his testimony in church talking about God made him the light that never dim, his name ILERIOLUWA meaning Promise cry his nickname meaning light, the beautiful songs with hidden meaning, the videos of him being harassed, the videos of him with bruises, another of him crying in hospital bed, his tweets about the harassment in October 2022, the gaslighting from Naira Marley trying to paint him as a drug addict, Nigerians ignoring him and then realising after his death that he truly was a Star.

When you put him side by side with Naira Marley and realize he is dead and Naira Marley is alive you will understand the pain of Nigerians because it's as if yet again Evil has triumphed over Good and Darkness over Light.

And Nigerians for long embraced the EVIL called Naira Marley and gave him power.

In the hatred for Naira Marley also lies the pain of betrayal..

Musicians are usually forgiven for shortcomings because of their music but this has crossed into Death and Naira Marley music is nothing to write home about in the first place..

He deserves to be cancelled totally and banned from Nigerian entertainment industry.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Gajagojo: 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
greypencils:
Even without Mohbad's death, he was a very bad influence on music. All beats, lyrics zero, character zero, content zero. That's no role model for any sane person to follow.
That is your opinion he was a role model for Mohbad at some point
People said worse about Fela when he married 27 women the same day
As a woman there was nothing worse than being called Omo Fela
We are a democracy
If you don't like him don't buy his music

Don't say everyone must like what you like or they are not sane
That is fascism

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Tenumootito: 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
The power of social media can't not be underestimate in this present dispensation.

The world is seeing, listening and acting well.

8 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Gajagojo: 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2023
Phraences:
When you see the videos of Mohbad singing, his testimony in church talking about God made him the light that never dim, his name ILERIOLUWA meaning Promise cry his nickname meaning light, the beautiful songs with hidden meaning, the videos of him being harassed, the videos of him with bruises, another of him crying in hospital bed, his tweets about the harassment in October 2022, the gaslighting from Naira Marley trying to paint him as a drug addict, Nigerians ignoring him and then realising after his death that he truly was a Star.

When you put him side by side with Naira Marley and realize he is dead and Naira Marley is alive you will understand the pain of Nigerians because it's as if yet again Evil has triumphed over Good and Darkness over Light.

And Nigerians for long embraced the EVIL called Naira Marley and gave him power.

In the hatred for Naira Marley also lies the pain of betrayal..

Musicians are usually forgiven for shortcomings because of their music but this has crossed into Death and Naira Marley music is nothing to write home about in the first place..

He deserves to be cancelled totally and banned from Nigerian entertainment industry.

Who are you to judge what is evil?

You are a frustrated nonentity

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by TheFreshVanilla: 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2023
Use common sense, this is 2023. Dude was commiting moral crimes.
Gajagojo:

That is your opinion he was a role model for Mohbad at some point
People said worse about Fela when he married 27 women the same day
As a woman there was nothing worse than being called Omo Fela
We are a democracy
If you don't like him don't buy his music

Don't say everyone must like what you like or they are not sane
That is fascism

4 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by blaise26abj(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2023
Phraences:

When you like someone sometimes it blinds you. Most young people saw Naira Marley's behaviour as cruise even going so far as calling him our Marlian president, Naira for president etc. He came from UK like so many artists and Nigerians gave him a chance but this Mohbad's death has exposed the EVIL he truly is.

And what exactly is your point? Are you saying Nigerians should give Naira Marley the benefit of doubt? With all the video evidences circulating on social media. Mohbad tweeting in October 2022 about Naira Marley's harrasment? The video of him crying on hospital bed? The interview of Bella Shmurda etc.

Is it not enough for Nigerians to be emotional?? Someone cried out and he was ignored. Now he is dead and Nigerians are feeling bad about it. So why should Nigerians not be very emotional about this issue.

If you are a Marlian say so and stop going through the corners.

Why were they not emotional when he cried out ? He is dead . Of what use is the stupid emotions now ? Will the fake tears resurrect him ? No . It is to use the same useless emotions to seek jungle justice to a seeming guilty man that hasn’t been investigated yet . So because some people came out to grant interview that is fact ? People LIE ! .

What if Naira Marley commit suicide and it is later proven that he is innocent ? Una go still carry that Una yeye emotions go crucify Bella Schmuda .

My point is let him be investigated first .

PS- Lol . God forbid @ being a marlian .

4 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Phraences: 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2023
Earthquakes:
Nigerians never liked him, they're just pouring their old anger on him, do you think the reaction will be the same if it was WizKid or burna let's not mention Davido, some people will still defend him even if he was caught with guns grin

All these Marlians in the comment section looking for how to defend their drug lord by sidetracking . Make una stop to dey disguise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by mariahAngel(f): 10:24pm On Sep 20, 2023
Gajagojo:

Is he the first person to come out in Nigeria to say it he dies hold some body responsible

Now tell us

How did he actually die
Was it
A. Gunshot
B. Stabbing
C. Snake Bite
D. Bomb Blast
E. Magun

That's what should've been investigated.

The question is why did they hurriedly bury him?
Did doctors confirm him truly dead before they hurriedly and shabbily buried him?
Why did they cement his grave almost immediately?

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Gajagojo: 10:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
Offpointng:

And you think Nigerians wont know?? You're actually the naive person here, you're not even thinking clearly.

Our Emotions is what will finally end him, just dey look
Why are Nigerians not boycotting cow meat because of Fulani herdsmen
Have they stopped eating meat in Benue?

Stop saying Nigerians

Are you Nigerians

Who appointed you spokesman of Nigerians

You are just one irrelevance

4 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Gajagojo: 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2023
mariahAngel:

That's what should've been investigated.

The question is why did they hurriedly bury him?
Did doctors confirm him truly dead before they hurriedly and shabbily bury him?
Why did they cement his grave almost immediately?
Is Naira Marley responsible for burying him immediately?

3 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by greypencils: 10:28pm On Sep 20, 2023
12inchess:

That is your personal opinion. You don't like what I like and I dont like what you like. As long as we are both not commiting any crimes, we should be fine.

I was dancing to Mafo that year though.
My opinion Indeed! His music is being cancelled. That's all I care about.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Gajagojo: 10:28pm On Sep 20, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
Use common sense, this is 2023. Dude was commiting moral crimes.
What is a moral crime

I don't have time for stupid talk or sentiment
We are talking about somebody dying and responsibility for that

That is a serious legal discussion not one for emotional blackmail

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by 7arrows: 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2023
nlfpmod:

@AfricaFactsZone

I used to like this idiot Marley I never knew he's such a bastard. Marley no be swear u go beg for food. You don't Bleep with all HEADS, u messed with the wrong one. U go turn J.K for this U.K make we dey look. Dey look ur back o. Cause me sef dey find u. Sucker

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Phraences: 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2023
blaise26abj:

Why were they not emotional when he cried out ? He is dead . Of what use is the stupid emotions now ? Will the fake tears resurrect him ? No . It is to use the same useless emotions to seek jungle justice to a seeming guilty man that hasn’t been investigated yet . So because some people came out to grant interview that is fact ? People LIE ! .

What if Naira Marley commit suicide and it is later proven that he is innocent ? Una go still carry that Una yeye emotions go crucify Bella Schmuda .

My point is let him be investigated first .

PS- Lol . God forbid @ being a marlian .

He must commit that suicide o!! Nobody will feel sad. If God can allow young talents like Mohbad, Dagrin, CD John and Selena Quintanilla-Pérez to die then if Naira Marley wants to go and meet his maker he should go ahead. He might not be guilty of murder but he is guilty of bullying, harrasment and assault.

And for your information people don't take things seriously until death is involved. That's the truth about life. He cried out and people ignored thinking it's the usual fight between label and artist. And Naira Marley also tried to frame his as a druggie so people won't pay him any attention.

That is why i said Nigerians are feeling guilty for ignoring him and for ever supporting his abuser.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Gajagojo: 10:30pm On Sep 20, 2023
7arrows:

I used to like this idiot Marley I never knew he's such a bastard. Marley no be swear u go beg for food. You don't Bleep with all HEADS, u messed with the wrong one. U go turn J.K for this U.K make we dey look. Dey look ur back o. Cause me sef dey find u. Sucker
Impotent frustrated talk from a nonentity

3 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Airlord2030: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2023
It is the people who listens to his trash in the first place I blame
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by jubrilELsudan: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2023
AS E BE SO NA TO GO BURN HIM HOUSE OOOOOO

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by 7arrows: 10:33pm On Sep 20, 2023
mariahAngel:
That's good.
The game is up!
Enough is enough!
Render them powerless and irrelevant.

After they're done with Naira Marley and his gang, they should then give the Mohbad guy a more befitting burial, so that his soul can finally be at peace.

I stand with u. A national one sef

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Phraences: 10:34pm On Sep 20, 2023
Gajagojo:

Who are you to judge what is evil?

You are a frustrated nonentity

You must have an underdeveloped brain if you don't know what is evil. Return those drugs Naira Marley gave you before it is too late. You are already displaying the side effects.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Nolevel666: 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Why all these hates for Nairamarley? Guy could be inmocent. Why the lynch mob hates? More young life about to be ruined?
Stop talking about what you don’t know when evidence full twitter.

Or you should be called in for questioning if you know

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Airlord2030: 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Same nonsense you would have said if naira Marley and his gang had succeded in killing Rugged man In London
why them nor fit kill this naira Marley na him be my problem..

If na US, them for done light am tey tey

3 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Badmashii(m): 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2023
blaise26abj:
Nigerians can be very emotional sha . Jungle justice just dey our blood .
So many things could have led to that young man’s death . Let them investigate and find him guilty first. Cancelling him is just jungle, social media justice .

PS - I don’t like him or his music ( same guy said he wanted to have a three.some with a mom and her daughter) but in my opinion about this matter , he is being judged unfairly .

Bro I like your perspective. You see,in this life it's never easy to BECOME POWERFUL AND STILL REMAIN POWERFUL TILL YOUR DEATH.

If you look at the current happenings objectively,you can tell more than half of the individuals involve in criticising this dude are motivated by deep envy and the sheer glee of bringing down a once powerful person.

I stand with NAIRA MARLEY. He is being accused unfairly and it's deeply affecting his career.

GOD GO PUNISH ANY BLOODY HYPOCRITES WEY GO TELL ME RUBBISH

#justiceformarley
#justiceformarlians

4 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by TheFreshVanilla: 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2023
Moral crimes (aka crimes against morality). Acts that go against society's norms or moral code. Examples include prostitution, selling or possessing illegal drugs and openly encouraging fraudulent acts. Those are what your role model Naira Marley represent. Dude, is a bad influence.

Gajagojo:

What is a moral crime

I don't have time for stupid talk or sentiment
We are talking about somebody dying and responsibility for that

That is a serious legal discussion not one for emotional blackmail

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Gajagojo: 10:37pm On Sep 20, 2023
Suddenly Eboes have discovered love for a dead Yoruba musician and an outlet for the frustration of the Erection Obi lost

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by 7arrows: 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2023
blaise26abj:
Nigerians can be very emotional sha . Jungle justice just dey our blood .
So many things could have led to that young man’s death . Let them investigate and find him guilty first. Cancelling him is just jungle, social media justice .

PS - I don’t like him or his music ( same guy said he wanted to have a three.some with a mom and her daughter) but in my opinion about this matter , he is being judged unfairly .

Have u heard confessions on YouTube by mobad and lots of others. Or you no get data. What planet are you? Seems you are a Marlian

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Gajagojo: 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
Moral crimes (aka crimes against morality). Acts that go against society's norms or moral code. Examples include prostitution, selling or possessing illegal drugs and openly encouraging fraudulent acts. Those are what your role model Naira Marley represent. Dude, is a bad influence.

Naira Marley is a prostitute?
Davido does not use drugs?
Burns Boy does not use drugs
Fela did not use drugs?
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Satanistx: 10:41pm On Sep 20, 2023
This is the real definition of bullying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record / Tekena Iyalla Protests At Police Station Over Increased Robbery In Rivers (Pics) / DOWNLOAD Mp3 ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside [full Album Tracklists Downloads] *new

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.